Consumer Reviews of Kim Hoe And Co. (Since 1974) Pte Ltd

Dtitan
Premium User Dtitan
114 forum posts Joined on 24-May-2007
Good service  Posted on 11-Apr-2014
Went to change a set of new tires and was very pleased with Alex service even thought I kept asking for further discount and he handle my request well.
Would definitely recommend Kim Hoe to my friends.
Well done Alex, thanks.
From a happy customer Post Management Response

Mozzo
Premium User Mozzo
35 forum posts Joined on 04-Apr-2011
Awesome service!  Posted on 20-Mar-2014
Went there about 2 weeks back. Looked for Alex when i was there, although he was busy, he dropped what ever he was doing to come and entertain me.

Told him what i was looking for and he recommended me a set of 18" rims. Feel in love with it and decided to get it.

Next comes the tyres. As we know, there are 101 different tyres available. Did some of my research at home and decided on the CSC5. Alex quoted me a very, very reasonable price. Took it without hesitation.

Good job to the guys there! Post Management Response

BruceBabbit
0 forum posts Joined on 25-Feb-2014
Great !  Posted on 25-Feb-2014
Great Job.......!!!!! Works like a dream......!!!!!! Right item, great price.
Thanks, Bruce Babbit Post Management Response

Cow28
Premium User Cow28
386 forum posts Joined on 01-Oct-2004
Excellent Service  Posted on 20-Feb-2014
Great Job Alex !

Brought the rims for curb rash touch up. Although very busy during the festive period, he took the time to accommodate to my request. Even went the extra mile to liaise with a buyer of my rims and let me use up his shop's space.

No doubt you should consider this shop for what they are offering. Post Management Response

drummerdude
0 forum posts Joined on 11-Feb-2014
Very high quality work !  Posted on 11-Feb-2014
Had grazed my new for less than a week rims and had to get a fix. Alex and his team was on hand to get the job underway and explained also before hand that it won't be perfect but they will do their best. Using professional tools and with deft hands, they got the job done pronto. I couldn't find the affected area after they were done even though I am quite a stickler with details and it was for a very reasonable price ! Thank you ! Post Management Response

jiayongdaking
0 forum posts Joined on 22-Dec-2013
Superb workmanship  Posted on 22-Dec-2013
got my rims resprayed to matte wrx blue and my tyres changed...no unpleasant encounter , good service & value for $$$ !! Post Management Response

Scclee
0 forum posts Joined on 09-Aug-2013
Best Rim Repair And Best Tyre Recommendation  Posted on 01-Dec-2013
I went there with a set of 4 of my 4.5 year old tarnish & scratch rims. Alex repair it and turn my rims into "Brand New" looks. In addition the Continental CSC 5 tyre recommended by you makes me feel confident on the road & great value too. I will not hesitate to recommend your products& services to all my friends and associates. Thank you Alex!!!
- Lee Simon K. T.

Post Management Response

DotDOTdot
0 forum posts Joined on 20-Sep-2013
Good rim selection with Good service!  Posted on 14-Nov-2013
Drop by to check on some rims. Quite a large range available for me to choose from. Was attended by Alex and was he was quite friendly in showing me the different designs they have. Price wise is within my budget so I proceed with the payment.

Saw the staff balancing the tyre and wheel for me. They been inserting and also removing the metal pcs that are pasted on. Glad that they trying to balance the wheel well. Good customer service! Post Management Response

UranoceneJag
0 forum posts Joined on 10-Sep-2013
Good service  Posted on 04-Nov-2013
Went to get my battery replace few weeks ago. Read from the article about the Yuasa battery and asked for it. Went ahead with the replaced and left. Friendly staffs with the right attitude. Post Management Response

Stanmc
0 forum posts Joined on 24-Oct-2011
Bought Overpriced 17"Continental CPC5  Posted on 18-Oct-2013
Bought 4 wheels at S$220.00 about a week back. So called best price. Which was in fact $45 x 4 more expensive, (total $180 more),
OK service but question their honesty and integrity.
Recommended a friend to their workshop the next day after I bought my tyres the 1st time, big mistake.
In business, bad ethics will catch up. So good luck.
Only got myself to blame, for my ignorance.
Management Response by Kim Hoe And Co. (Since 1974) Pte Ltd
14-Nov-2013

The tyre size that was advertised is 225/45/17 and priced @ 185 $ nett wif installation n other services. We have explained to u about the odd size of the tyre yr using (205/45/17) , the price will be higher when u approached us about the price u saw on sgcarmart is different from the one u are buying.. Although both are 17" but prices varies depending very much on the front numbers (eg. 235/45/17 , 245/45/17, 215/50/17 etc.)
You can always call up other tyre shop to check whether what im saying here is true.
I apologised for any inconvenice caused to u..
Please do not hesitate to call us for clarification.

Pulsar
Premium User Pulsar
8 forum posts Joined on 19-Apr-2002
Excellent job for rim repair  Posted on 09-Oct-2013
Only spent $30 for rim repair about 10cm long. Mine is chrome so they have sprayed a nice color to make it not so obvious. Good job and done in 1 hr. Post Management Response

Ken100
0 forum posts Joined on 28-May-2010
Incompetent & irresponsible or what?  Posted on 29-Sep-2013
Changed my rim there recently... all went well until the first rim with tyre was mounted. Bad news that the rim couldn't clear the stock brake caliper. Problem resolved when I reluctantly agreed to install a 5 mm spacer after much reassurance. Not impressed by the experience, I left shortly after.

Returned next day when intermittent metal to metal contact sound was heard when driving. Mechanic on duty (was a Sunday) not only refused to check but put the blame on the brake pad! Great... Tai Chi grandmaster at work!

For clarity, subject car make/model is Honda GD Jazz... how difficult can it be?
Management Response by Kim Hoe And Co. (Since 1974) Pte Ltd
09-Oct-2013

We regret for the inconvinence caused but here to clarify some things.
You came down the first time to check on our quotation and to choose the rims you looking for ,you returned the second time a few days later to commit into buying. The dimenssion of the rims you choose is 15" x 6.5jj with offset 40 which is compliant to your vehicle. However during fitting , we realised your LEFT FRONT brake caliper position is different from the RIGHT FRONT as the allowance seems to be alot closer to the rims . We even tried to swapping the RIGHT FRONT RIMS to your LEFT FRONt but the allowance is still as close. We suggested you to replace other rims but you didnt like the rest of the wheels design therefore we suggested you 2 pcs of spacer to make sure there are more than enough allowanace to clear your wheels.
You called me the following Sunday morning and complained to me after driving for >45mins there are metal rubbing sound when you step on the brakes and i advised you to come over to let us do a check for safety purpose.
Upon reaching my workshop you came rattling at my collegue with nasty words without letting us to diagnose the issue. You asked my mechanic ah long what might be the problem and he says it might be the spacers or brake pad giving out the rubbing sound so kindly let us do a check. YOU DECLINED AND LEFT SHOUTING " You don't touch my car I want to go my workshop to check and I will write in CASE to claim us". We totally understand your frustration especially when problem arise after changing parts, however there are definetly other possiblities that leads to other issues . We will definetly be resopnsible if we have causes any damage to your car due to our neligence .

Azamrusdimhd2003
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Aug-2013
Good!!  Posted on 12-Aug-2013
Near by my wife workplace so decided to change my tyres with them.
Replaced 4 tyres for my Audi & repaired my 4 years old rims with rashes on them.
Fantastic job done although it took them quite awhile due to the crowd.
Reasonable pricing and friendly people! Post Management Response

Nick299
0 forum posts Joined on 22-Jul-2013
happy customer!  Posted on 23-Jul-2013
Recommanded by my friend to this shop and bought a set 4 bridgestone tyres from them. Their prices seems reasonable and workmanship looks good judging from the happy customers that roll in and out from this workshop. Post Management Response

Irenelopez
30 forum posts Joined on 21-Dec-2012
Very good place, will definitely recommend!  Posted on 31-May-2013
I came here to change my worn out tyres and I got Bridgestones even though I was advised by the very friendly and professional staff to get Dunlops instead. They weren't too pushy and the tyre replacement was very good. Pirce was also reasonable. Definitely coming back! Post Management Response

• « Back ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 ) Next »