Consumer Reviews of DS Specialty Services - 3M™ Solar Film

Bigmeman
Premium User Bigmeman
3 forum posts Joined on 13-Jan-2013
Gd job!  Posted on 26-May-2017
Very clear explaination before starting work. Careful in installation and can see they know their stuff.

Will come back again if i have a new car in the future. Management Response

Pigjedi
Premium User Pigjedi
14 forum posts Joined on 27-Feb-2017
Friendly and honest service. Good workmanship  Posted on 14-May-2017
Got to know DS Speciality Services through sgcarmart.

After going to some other workshops providing solar film installation to do some market survey, I went down to DS after contacting Danny through Facebook. He was friendly and appointment was swiftly made.

I arrived late for the appointment but they were all there waiting for me without any black faces on a Sat morning.

The staff gave very clear explanations and were not at all pushy.
I brought along films from other companies and they were confident enough to test them against their 3M films right in front of me for comparison (IRR protection and Visible light %).
Decided to install with them, and went for a morning coffee. They were done in about 2 hours.

Again, detailed explanations were given when I came back. They left the 3M markings on the windows to show that they have indeed installed genuine films. You can choose to ask them to wipe the markings off after verification. Great service again.

Slight issue was that my car camera had some wiring problems as they took it down for film installation. But again, they provided great service by helping me resolve the wiring issue when I made my way down again. I was attended to immediately even though they were working on other cars.

2 weeks on, no bubbles and no other issues. Definitely recommend this merchant for their care and friendliness.

Management Response

ISZT
47 forum posts Joined on 28-Aug-2016
A very satisfied customer  Posted on 12-Sep-2016
Went to DS Specialty to do up the 3M Crystalline solar film on my new Wish in end August. I was there through out the 2.5 hours and I observed the whole team working together on my car, workers seems happy and the workmanship is excellent.

Danny the boss was a very nice guy and he even given me a good price after some bargaining. Initially was in doubt about the C90 front and C40 rear recomended which I feel was too lightly tint but they assure me that it will be good. Verify after the completion with VLT meter and it shows ~73% For front and ~30% For the rear. So I am safe and will have no issue for with LTA the next 10 years, also a peace of mind as my solar film is cover by the 10 years warranty.

One more thing, 2 weeks after the installation when I went back to tape up the DVR. As earlier I had already notice a small area with some smear in the rear windscreen when looking at a certain angle only, check out with the worker as the boss is not around and straight away he suggest to change a new one for me.

Guys keep up with the excellent service as I had a very pleasant experience with you and the products are good. I would highly recommend anyone doing solar films to also checkout with this guys before deciding. Management Response

soonsoonsoon
4 forum posts Joined on 13-Nov-2015
Good Product, Great Service  Posted on 20-Jun-2016
Installed the 3M solar film on my car in February after reading rave reviews on sgcarmart. The team was really knowledgeable and professional in every way really. Setting was done in an air-conditioned closed door environment which I was happy with. Decided to install the crystalline one after much consideration. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed by the VLT % For this product both front and back as I wanted something a bit more tinted. However, after having this product for a couple of months now, I think it's not too bad. A bit pricey though, but for the brand and quality, I think it has fulfilled my expectations. Management Response

Ordiofile
15 forum posts Joined on 25-Jan-2006
3M Quality with DS Workmanship  Posted on 25-Mar-2016
I was a Customer of Danny's DS when his shop was still in Simpang Bedok area. My Latio was installed with 3M Solar Film in year 2006.
10 years later, the 3M film is still working fine. Leather seats still well protected from the harmful UV. Not even trace of bubbles seen on any of the windows, down to the day I scrapped my car.

If my new car had not come with Solar Film as freebies, I would have come to this Shop again. Management Response

cuban8
0 forum posts Joined on 10-Nov-2013
3M quality  Posted on 27-Feb-2016
The film material speaks for itself. Professional film application by the team. Pleasant waiting area with A/C, reading material and drinks. Management Response

Andy4carz
0 forum posts Joined on 05-Sep-2013
Worth every dollar!  Posted on 25-Sep-2015
Great service, products and excellent workmanship. The boss (danny) was very patient and friendly in explaining his packages. Get to know the type of films offer by 3M and also their respective benefits. Installation was well done with no bubbles spotted. Completion with the mentioned time frame. Felt much cooler and comfortable when driving around after installation. Management Response

Tnx985000
0 forum posts Joined on 01-Aug-2013
Strongly Recommend!  Posted on 11-Mar-2015
Good experience with DS Specialty window film installation. Very informative and excellent service from boss Danny, who care to share and explain to me on the pros & cons of different specs. Quite well installed with no bubbles. Strongly recommended for those who want to install window films. Management Response

superfly21
Premium User superfly21
2 forum posts Joined on 21-Jan-2015
Great service and good product  Posted on 04-Mar-2015
Made an appointment with Danny a few weeks ago for my suv. Very pleased with his team's service and care. I think the 3m crystalline solar films are top notch, and they were expertly applied. Although the front film does not cut out that much glare, I value clarity more than tint for safety reasons and of course LTA compliance. Management Response

BoJio
0 forum posts Joined on 02-Jul-2013
A happy experience  Posted on 12-Feb-2015
Good product and good service! Called Danny and arrange an installation session for my SUV. After installation, I do feel a huge difference with 3M solar film.

Personally I was around when the guys are installing. Can sense that they really take pride in their installation. Keep up the good effort! Management Response

Newkid
595 forum posts Joined on 19-May-2002
3M solar film  Posted on 20-Jun-2014
I re-did my solar film after the "free" one that came with my Scirocco failed the 3 year inspection. Having used 3M crystalline before, I am confident of the qualities and called Danny for a quote and to arrange for a appt. Surprisingly, the price has not changed much since 4 years ago when I went to him at Bedok for my previous car.

Danny is a dedicated and meticulous person who supervise his workers tightly. whenever he notice some inperfection in my car, he would show me and ask me for decision. He said he had bad experiences with past customers who complained after installtions. I gave him full liberty and he did a perfect job for me. to date, after 3 months, no bubbles, no scratches, no blurness when looking through the film.

I am really impressed with his level of service and the quality of 3M films. I opted for the best grade and have been enjoying the benefits since then. it looks dark from outside but from inside the car, it is very clear, amazing. If price is not a concern, go to Danny for 3M solar film! Management Response

jeremylmk
0 forum posts Joined on 06-Jun-2014
Gd quality  Posted on 06-Jun-2014
Went down last sat on my little A1 to have the solar film installed. Its been almost a week now. i felt pretty gd about it . In fact , I'm very please with quality of the solar film, and the excellent customer service and the workmanship. Management Response

GongJiaoWei
Premium User GongJiaoWei
145 forum posts Joined on 28-Jun-2013
Wonderful experience with DS Specialty  Posted on 02-Jun-2014
Get to know that DS Specialty offers window film services when surfing this website. Called up DS Specialty about 1.5 weeks ago as I wish to find out more about their window film services. As I would require 4 slides doors and few window panels to be done up, it is kinda tough for Danny (person in charge of DS Specialty) to give me a rough estimated quote. Arrange a no obligation appointment for him to come over to take measurement.

As per mentioned by other members, Danny is a friendly man who provide me good service. He patiently recommended me few types of films and their respectively pros and cons of each of them. Select one of the recommended package that fulfils my needs and the price is right. Arrange the installation schedule and everything is going on right. Able to feel that the heat penetrating via the glass door and window and been reduced greatly.

Overall a wonderful experience with DS Specialty. Excellent customer service coupled with quality brand of window film that they carry. Special thanks to Danny and his team. Management Response

Da_editor
Premium User Da_editor
307 forum posts Joined on 28-Jan-2008
Good Product, Excellent Service!  Posted on 23-Apr-2014
Due to the layout of my kitchen, I am forced to have my fridge place close to my service yard. This arrangement will threaten the lifespan of my new fridge as it is constantly under the “pressured” of direct sunlight entering via the window.

Needless to say, it is not possible to have curtain or roller blinds installed to counter the problem. What come to my mind is to have solar film installed to reduce the percentage of IR and UV entering. Dropped by DS Specially in early March to find out whether is it possible to use solar film to tackle this problem.

Danny explains to me the types of film available in the market and advises me on the solutions. With the consideration of my privacy in additional to the heat rejection, Danny propose to me a package.

As my house is undergoing major renovation then, he advise me to do the installation only after the renovation. The reason is because during the renovation, the solar film will face risk from unnecessary dirt or paint mark etc. Personally, I do appreciate his kind gesture as he can lure me into doing first to close the sales. Instead he advises me not to rush to make the decision. During the conversation, I do not feel any sense of hard selling. Thumb up!

After renovation, I called Danny to arrange an appointment. His guys come over to my place yesterday to do the installation. During 1.5 hours installation process, I get to his guys patiently remove the existing window film (from previous owner). They make it a point to clear all glue mark before pasting the new film to improve the heat rejection. It has been 2 days after installation and no bubbles or so is found. Good job!

Have observed and the heat entering the window is greatly reduced. The solar films really work well for me.

Keep up the good work, the team at DS Specialty Services, Thanks you! Management Response

Bchewch79
Premium User Bchewch79
0 forum posts Joined on 31-May-2012
Jobs well done!  Posted on 18-Jan-2014
Went to install 3M Solar Film for my car's front windscreen today. Even just to install the front windscreen, Danny provide a good customer services. The workmanship was good. Would highly recommend this shop. Keep up the good works! Management Response

• « Back ( 1 2 3 ) Next »