Consumer Reviews of Fong Kim Exhaust System Pte Ltd

tuatootan
0 forum posts Joined on 11-Apr-2017
Blacked heart technician  Posted on 11-Apr-2017
About 2 weeks ago I sent my Axio to check the suspension system,
The car was too bumpy because it was replaced by a very strong or rather too hard suspensions,
The technician happens to have 4 used suspensions and quoted me $200 plus.
When I agreed he quickly raised the price to $400.
As I am not so particular about few hundreds I agreed with the price.

After replacing the suspension the technician told me that the driver side got a lower arm or something like that broken. Need to change.

As I was running out of time I told him will do that next time.
There after technician told me the car must go for alignment ,which I agreed and paid $50 .

After the repair, the undercarriage got loud sound. Due to a busy schedule, I did not do anything until today (11-4-2017).

I sent to another workshop to check. The finding was the suspensions did not tighten properly. I am lucky the suspension did not give way. Otherwise, I will be dead now.
Management Response by Fong Kim Exhaust System Pte Ltd
19-Apr-2017

Dear Sir,
We refer to your complaint as stated above and we have investigated this incident with our mechanic who actually served you on 22/03/2017 when you visited our garage. On the day of the incident, you complained that your existing aftermarket coilovers (R.*****) had been too stiff to your liking as you had just gotten the car and as per our usual practice, our staffs would normally advise our customers to either replace them with our own brand of coilovers or a brand new set of original suspension system.
However, due to your budget constraint, our staff actually took the initiative to assist you by searching high and low in our warehouse to see if he was able to find a reconditioned set of original suspension system that would have resolved both of your issues be it the feel of the suspension system and within a comfortable budget for you. The pricing which you highlighted had been correct as he quoted you $250.00 for the used set of original suspension system that included the shock absorbers, springs, top mounts etc. and on top of that, the labour charges plus computerized wheel alignment that eventually amounted to $400.00 as stated clearly in your complaint.
Please also take note that you admitted that our mechanic took the initiative beyond his call of duty to even check your car's undercarriage to inform you that there was an additional part of your car that needed replacement, bearing in mind that your car was pretty old and such wear and tear were inevitable. In addition, you mentioned that your undercarriage had a loud sound after the repair and please be advised that our company would always test drive and check our customer's car after repair to ensure that everything is fine before we allow the customer to drive off his car with a peace of mind and if such loud noise appeared, we would never have allowed you to drive off and this can proven by countless of our loyal customers.
You also mentioned that you did not do anything until 11/04/2017 which seemed pretty unconvincing as nobody would drive his car so long with the "loud noise" as you mentioned since you visited us on 22/03/2017 which was like almost a period of 3 weeks and also your final point seemed baseless as any workshop would agree with us that if we did not tighten the suspension system properly, it would have given way within a few days and not allowing you to drive for 3 weeks!
Last but not least, we fully understand that some workshops tend to be our competitors and we are never surprised if there's one that badmouthed us and provided you with false information and we would like to take this opportunity to correct you that our team of mechanics are never "black-hearted", otherwise we would have just upsell you the more expensive options instead of helping you to find a cheaper alternative and in the end, resulting in "Kindness doesn't always beget kindness". Finally, our market reputation is built up over decades and we will never compromise our integrity and trust of our customers over a set of used suspension system and we are always there to provide our customers with the best aftersales service and technical support.

Yours sincerely,
Raymond Tan
Fong Kim Exhaust System Pte Ltd
Hp: 9845 7540
www.fongkim.com.sg

pm_yeo
1 forum posts Joined on 08-Oct-2014
New Coilover for my Estima  Posted on 30-Dec-2015
A pleasant experience dealing with Jeff for a coilover replacement. The price is reasonable and competitive. The only thing is the outlet is really busy and jammed pack with cars - so may have to wait a little longer than expected. Otherwise, very good service and quality of work received. Management Response

sukamain
Premium User sukamain
0 forum posts Joined on 27-Feb-2015
Excellent product  Posted on 07-Oct-2015
Bought a BC coilover and their CJ brakes almost a year ago for my I30 and till now I have no regrets about the purchase. The brakes are solid. The staffs are friendly and always helpful, even the boss is a humble man. Management Response

Evan
Premium User Evan
1 forum posts Joined on 21-Sep-2010
FK-mise my A6  Posted on 05-Jul-2015
Fong Kim Ubi Outlet---> Tried & Tested

Went to Ubi outlet to change the exhaust tip for my Audi after "Graffiti-zation" To complete the look.

The "Gao shou" (expert--uncle in glasses) is in this outlet I tell you.
Amazing work! Management Response

Matoonia
Premium User Matoonia
1189 forum posts Joined on 29-Apr-2010
Good and prompt service - Wheel alignment  Posted on 01-Apr-2015
I had recently changed suspension at a workshop in Kaki Bukit, and advised to do wheel alignment. Drove over to Fong Kim at Paya Ubi, but was advised that wheel alignment service is only available at Ubi Road 1. Drove over and was attended to immediately. Picked up the car in 1 hour. Great service. Management Response

RsKathi
Premium User RsKathi
0 forum posts Joined on 29-Dec-2014
SIMOTA INTAKE - JAG XF  Posted on 29-Mar-2015
Went there for a ECU upgrade only to find out that it does not fit non turbo cars. Since the exhaust was sounding bad, asked them to look into it and the tech attending was very good and recommended that the air intake is upgraded since the ECU did not pan out. Very happy with Simota and the exhaust note. Excellent job. Will recommend. Management Response

Ramt
Premium User Ramt
23 forum posts Joined on 04-Apr-2012
Excellence Service  Posted on 09-Sep-2014
Went to fongkim Yesterday to repair my exhaust. Spoke to dylan, he is very friendly and knowledgeable , his technician has also done a great job on fixing up my exhaust

Overall, a great experience there.

They have a comfortable resting area and dylan also turn on the tv with movies for customer to view while i was waiting for my car Management Response

Shad1e
Premium User Shad1e
3 forum posts Joined on 20-Dec-2012
Fujitsubo Legalis R for ZC31s  Posted on 30-Mar-2014
Had done my servicing recently with them and was welcome by the friendliness of the staff. Dylan handled my sales queries well and wasn't pushy.

I came back about a month after to purchase my fujitsubo legalis r exhaust with them. Initially made an appointment on a Saturday morning however I was trying my luck to get it done on Friday evening after work instead. I'm quite impressed that they were able to accommodate a slot on a rainy evening. The whole process took about 45mins with the paper work and installation done thoroughly.

Fuss free and efficient. Would like to commend the mechanic for doing a good job and helping me wrap and pack my stock exhaust into the back of the car.

Highly recommended. Management Response

wsho80
0 forum posts Joined on 16-Nov-2013
Drift Racing Full Exhaust System for Civicfd4  Posted on 16-Nov-2013
First and foremost, thanks Raymond from Fong Kim and his gd colleagues whom have installed the above onto my ride, his technical expertise is very comprehensive, thumbs up!! I am on auto transmission, loss in low end, probably slight significance or perhaps I'm too engrossed in the exhaust sound, solid bassy wow! !! In addition, I also installed the throttle response controller which had 3 mode, still exploring on the difference each time I play with the settings, anyway thanks bro. See u next mth, im doing on coil over.

Best Regards,
Keith Lee
16/11/2013 :) Management Response

BeaJag
0 forum posts Joined on 27-Aug-2013
Experience here is splendid!  Posted on 08-Oct-2013
Got my aftermarket exhaust mufflers and a set of coilovers here at Fong Kim Exhaust System Pte Ltd, and let me tell you something, my experience here is splendid! With a very efficient manpower, my Fujitsubo exhaust was installed within moments! The coilovers were also installed without much hassle, and they had provided me with informative tips on what to do with my new coilovers. Upon driving out, I had a smile on my face, literally. With my awesome exhaust system now and fantastic coilovers, along with awesome service from Fong Kim Exhaust System, how can I not leave smiling! Management Response

Ramt
Premium User Ramt
23 forum posts Joined on 04-Apr-2012
Excellent work  Posted on 08-Sep-2013
Ii went down to fong kim to fix up my exhaust on a Saturday and the staff were very efficient! No waiting time at all, I called ah hua just 5 mins before going he tell me ok, can come. And i drove in, they attended to my car immediately, excellent work done by their worker! and good service too. i prefer fong kim out of all the other exhaust shops, visit their new branch and look for ah hua, very friendly guy. Management Response

Gunksteww
1 forum posts Joined on 24-Dec-2011
Bad experience.  Posted on 07-Aug-2013
Recently I had purchased a set of coilovers from them. Was attended by Jeff who did a great job initially. Had to come back after paying a deposit as they had to order the item. Below were the unfortunate events that happened.
- Height not adjusted according to request and an old man (seems like the boss) had the cheek to inform that we had to come back the next day for alignment.
- Came back the next day for alignment and it took a further 2 hours cause the alignment hoist lift machine was not working in a proper manner. the alignment was done with the car tilted to the left. Please invest on a proper machine for the sake of running a business properly. True enough the alignment was as straight as their hoist machine.
- Bought a set of seats and went down to them as it was de-kitted by them a week later. Reached at 11am and only to see cars come and go. At 3.30pm, the old man came by and informed that they are not able to fix it as it needs a customized bracket. After 4.5hrs then you actually realized that it can't be fixed. Went down to another workshop and it was fixed within 2hrs without any customized brackets as proclaimed by them.
Dear FK, firstly please take this feedback constructively. In business please respect your customers' time, use proper working tools and I do hope you send your staffs for updated product knowledge. If not for BC parts, patronizing your workshop where you choose your customers and I hope it is not on ehtnicity will always be a NO NO!!
Management Response by Fong Kim Exhaust System Pte Ltd
03-Sep-2013

Dear Sir,
From the description of events, we understand that you have actually visited our branch at Block 3015 Ubi Road 1 #01-200/210 S(408704) and our management would like to apologize to you for the inconvenience caused and a "not so positive experience" at FK.

From your description, I think you are referring to my father David who has previously informed you to come back another day for your car's computerized wheel alignment upon installation of our aftermarket suspension system and we wish to explain to you that it has been common practice for our customers to run in their aftermarket suspension systems and return to us after a few days for further height and damping adjustment before doing the computerized wheel alignment. This is because if we do the alignment for you straightaway and you decide to adjust your suspension system again a few days later, we would have to charge you for the computerized wheel alignment again as your car's alignment would be affected with adjustment to the height of the suspension system. We have been honest merchants over the past decades, thus we do not wish to profit from our customers through such "dishonest" practices.

As for our alignment machine, we purchased it around 3 years ago as a new model then known as Hofmann Geoliner 680 and we invested close to SGD$50,000.00 for this alignment machine for the benefits of our customers and we regret that the there was indeed some technical glitch with our alignment machine that day but we have since rectified the problem and we seek your kind understanding that due to the thousands of cars which we have aligned, we can never avoid some occasional technical glitch no matter how well we maintain our alignment machine. We sincerely apologize to you on this service breakdown and we will try our best to avoid a repeat and for your information, if you find the alignment of your car unsatisfactory, you can always return to us and we will check the alignment for you again and there may be other reasons for your car's misalignment such as uneven wear of tyres or undercarriage issues etc.

As for the last issue, we wish to inform you that when our customers visit our workshop, we will advise them on the downtime required for the services to be provided on their cars so that they can arrange their timings to collect their cars especially for those jobs that require several hours or even days. If we are unable to complete the job on the day itself, we will also inform our customers so that they can choose to either collect their cars another day or reschedule the job to another day when they are free. As per my discussion with my staffs at the Ubi Road 1 branch, they were unable to recall the actual events on the day of your complaint but it was highly probable that there were many cars requiring our services on that day and after you left your car there, they had tried to contact you that they were unable to install the sports seats for your car on the day itself but to no avail until you turned up again at the workshop later in the afternoon to collect your car before they were able to convey the message to you but nonetheless, we sincerely apologize to you for the inconvenience caused and the frustration you experienced at that particular point in time if the above-mentioned events indeed occurred.

Last but not least, we hope that you can consider visiting our new branch at Block 53 Ubi Avenue 1 #01-01 Paya Ubi Industrial Park Singapore 408934 and give us another opportunity to serve you better rather than just writing us off completely. We also understand that it is impossible for us to satisfy all our customers but we will always do our utmost best to satisfy most of our customers with our high quality products, workmanship and customer service just as what other customers have been praising us for over the years. Thank you for your constructive feedback though and we will take this as an opportunity to learn and strive for further excellence and we look forward to your future patronage of FK should you decide to give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Yours sincerely,
Raymond Tan
Fong Kim Exhaust System Pte Ltd
Hp: 9845 7540
www.fongkim.com.sg

3974
0 forum posts Joined on 19-Nov-2009
Super service by Raymond, Ah Hua and the staff  Posted on 04-Aug-2013
I went to FK to solve my car rubbing noise, Raymond has arranged for his mechanic to help me check my car to solve my problem. Chief mechanic Ah Hua, explained to me my problem and suggest me on BC racing V1 coilover and clamper to solve my problem. Thumbs up for their workers professionalism and expertise.

They also help me to installed drift racing muffler and D1 controller. The product is amazing, especially the D1 spec controller, the speed of my car is like racer : )

I also wants to thanks Raymong, for their after service is SUPER. I msg him that I need to come to workshop to install the exhaust and i need to leave by 3pm. He promised me that he will arrange the slot and have standby the exhaust, he really did as what has promised me, once I reached there, I saw so many cars but he really did my car when I have arrived and his workers really help to install within the time I have asked for, FAST N PROFESSIONAL.

Super Service, Super workmanship, SUPER SUPER SUPER. I like their service, work and professionalism. Management Response

JesslynLin
10 forum posts Joined on 09-May-2013
Coilover change was great!  Posted on 30-May-2013
I came here to change my OE springs to Vogtland springs and they were quite reasonably priced. Staff was polite and professional, and they installed my springs and now 4 months later, I'm still very happy with the installation work! I also upgraded my sparks to NGKs and once again, the staff's installation was flawless! Very satisfied! Management Response

Jmary2027
25 forum posts Joined on 21-Dec-2012
Excellent all round!  Posted on 29-May-2013
I came here to change my brake pads on my 325 recently but wasn't sure what to get. Staff here were super friendly and guided me through the process of selecting new pads and quoted me a very reasonable price! Installation went without a hitch and after 1 month, I still have no problems! 2 thumbs up! Management Response

• « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »