Consumer Reviews of AL Tyres Cooperation

Premium User Tianmo
2Fast2Furious
36057 forum posts Joined on 22-Mar-2010
Great service  Posted on 24-Jan-2017
I met a friend there to get some switching work done this morning. It was raining and I was the first customer there. The few workers were very friendly and helpful, a lady worker even came with an umbrella to shelter me into the workshop. However i thanked her and stayed in my car waiting.

Their service was fast and the workers took my instruction to rotate the wheels. Everything done without delay and all the while workers smiling even though we only engage their labour service.

I also notice they have a wide range of products. Will go back to them for my next set of rubbers. Management Response

Kombahbao
Premium User Kombahbao
44 forum posts Joined on 07-Jan-2012
My choice for tyres  Posted on 02-Jul-2017
Have been going to them for many years to rotate/balance/change tyres.

Service was good, the workers know their stuff and prices are decent too.

In fact, there was once when I popped by to rotate/balance my tyres and the workers inspected my tyres and told me no need. And I left the place without spending a single cent. Management Response

Ekit08
0 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
No.1 Con Shop - Avoid at all cost  Posted on 26-Dec-2016
Received a text in the evening from my friend telling me he changed his Michelin PS4 at the shop with the price lower than what other shop had quoted me. Hence when down to the shop after dinner since we are nearby. Reach there at 8.10pm. Left at 8.40pm.

After changing the tires and thanking him for recommending, he was mortified as he forgot to tell me the shop do charge a surcharge of S$20 PER tyre after 8pm.

Called back the shop and ask the person who quoted me the tyre price.
This is what the staff replied:
1. You NEVER ask me if there is a surcharge.
2. There is a DAY & NIGHT Price for the same product. You had ACCEPTED the price so you are willingly buyer.
3. Tyre shop usually close at 6/ 7pm. We open pass 6/ 7pm so we have surcharge. Taxi also have surcharge.
4. We have posted the surcharge on Facebook.

My replies to Al Tyres per their points above as follows:
1. You have flouted the Consumer Trading (Fair Trading) Act. It is your duty to inform me as the customer upfront. So is your duty to inform or my duty to ask? Do I own or am running your shop?
2. Yes, I am the willingly buyer if I had made an INFORMED decision. However now I felt deceived and angered by your so call DAY & NIGHT pricing for a same product. If it is S$350 in the day and you are selling S$370 at night the difference is called SURCHARGE. Unless you are telling me buying it at night has some additional product benefits that day time doesn't have then I gotta agree with you!
3. Yes, Taxi has surcharge. Comfort, SMRT, Trans cab have their pricing clearly stated in the taxi. Uber and Grab also state it in their pricing. Doctors also have surcharge pass normal consultation hours which is clearly stated at the counter. There is no mention of surcharge in your invoice nor anywhere in your shop or at the cashiers counter. Worst is you expect me to ask you?
4. There is no surcharge as you claim in Facebook which I have attached to show you. Do not tell me it is in one of the post (which i didn't see either). Do you expect customer to scroll day by day? Do you scroll day by day?

So fellow members, if like to be a sucker like me or feeling rich to try their differentiated pricing (maybe for the same product purchase at night will have additional attributes than purchase in day) and to support such black sheep in the industry, please feel free to go ahead.

Management Response by AL Tyres Cooperation
29-Dec-2016

Hello Ekit08,

Thank you for your review. You must have felt unjustifiably for the additional surcharges that you have made while you visited us. But this is all part of our company policy. I hope you can understand my position when we are charging you the late hour surcharges. We have to pay our workers overtime and incentive for them to stay up till late to service customers who are visiting in the late hours.

We are happy that you have gotten your set of tyres from us, I appreciate your understanding on the surcharges. And we do reply and mention to all our customers whenever they make an enquiries.

This is one of the replies whenever our customers have made a enquiries about the late charges.

Have a nice day ahead!

SUV-Lover
80 forum posts Joined on 01-Jun-2016
Tyre replacment  Posted on 26-Sep-2016
I chance upon AL Tyres from this forum review.

Generally they gave good feedback, which after my visit on Sunday, I must agree that they provide good service and value.

They were not pushy. Let you decides what you wants. Their shop (warehouse) is stocked to the brim, full with tyres, rims, batteries, etc.

I must say that after my visit yesterday, (Sunday 25 Sept 2016), I am impressed and I would recommend others looking for tyre replacement to give them a try.

BTW, I did not know they open till 3am, 7 days a week. Woow. This is service for those in need of replacement and busy in schedule.

I was in at 9am and out by 9:30am. Management Response

Kiatmobile
1657 forum posts Joined on 31-Jul-2003
Computerize Wheel Alignment(Balancing)-Don't Waste Your Money  Posted on 30-Aug-2016
Search for a tire shop that does wheel balancing.
Saw "Recommended Merchant" And called assume it was a well done job.
Told the speaker that my steering wheel align on left when car goes straight. Steering wheel not straight when driving.
Went to the shop and within 15 minutes, the job was done.
(Quote : i could be wrong-Steering wheel was not align to straight when Computer align tire)
Mechanic went for test drive and said "OK".
Paid, took over the car, drove off but steering wheel not align and car shift right.
Went back and Mechanic test drive. Realign again for 2nd time as he finally feel the car goes right during 2nd test. With him.
Still, the car goes right when steering wheel is straight.
Not going back anymore and it does not cost cheap.
Not worth the trip. Management Response

Lehit
0 forum posts Joined on 01-Nov-2015
Great tyre shop. Value for money!  Posted on 01-Nov-2015
Was looking around during the weekend to replace my tyres on my c200. Chanced upon AL Coooperation ads for Nexen tyres and decided to give it a go. Staffs there were efficient, friendly and helpful. Not pushy. Recommended according to what i wanted. After the tyres were changed, i drove off to a car wash to wash off the dirt and noticed 2 of the tyres had rather deep scratches. I put it down to pure bad luck that whilst they changed the tyres, the plate to remove and replace the tyre of the rim created the scratches. Overall i would recommend going there for its great value for money tyres. I just hope more care would be taken to avoid the scratches. Management Response

Achtung
Premium User Achtung
Turbocharged
4128 forum posts Joined on 30-Dec-2001
No frills and honest  Posted on 17-Oct-2014
Went to change two of rear Toyos as my negative camber caused severe uneven wear. Price has not changed 6 months ago. Tyres were baked in 43/14 which is acceptable unlike some shops that sells new tyres as old as 2008. Always check the DOM! Management Response

Janling3
Premium User Janling3
846 forum posts Joined on 08-Feb-2009
good advice  Posted on 08-Aug-2014
The sales guy is quite pro and patient when recommending the right size tyre and rim which is compatible with my ride. He managed to give a very valuable advice as I want to have a 215/50/17 tyre. Instead, he recommend 215/45/15. Overall this give more space between car body and the tyre when the car is fully loaded, yet give a better look altogether.
The shop has a vast rim choice in term of design and size. Management Response

Carnoob
Premium User Carnoob
Turbocharged
2088 forum posts Joined on 03-Jul-2012
Change of Rims and Tyres  Posted on 23-May-2014
They do have many rims to choose from. For Cruze, though limited, it is already beta than others. Management Response

Derekyap
Premium User Derekyap
1 forum posts Joined on 13-Oct-2013
Wonderful Experience  Posted on 06-Apr-2014
Went to change my rim in AL Tyres and I was impressed by their professionalism and good customer service. I will definitely visit AL Tyres again to change my rims and tires! Keep in up! Management Response

Duckling
14 forum posts Joined on 29-Jul-2010
Prompt & Good Service  Posted on 29-Mar-2014
Was attend to by Ah Wah upon arrival...decided on Michelin PS3 after checking out CSC5 & Goodyear F1A2...all price very reasonable given my tire profile which is 225/45/18. Check tires, confirm made in Europe & manufactured in mid 2013 as told. The place is very spacious with large & clean air con waiting room - comes with Internet Access (very fast), TV program etc.

Will definitely recommend to my family & friends. Management Response

Benchan148
Premium User Benchan148
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Mar-2014
Good service  Posted on 21-Mar-2014
Went to ALTC this morning to look for tyres & rims. Was served by Ah Long throughout. Ah Long was patient and friendly , he even put in effort to put the selected rims just beside my car for comparison.
Overall, very nice experience at ALTC due to the following reasons:

1. Very good personnel ( Ah Long )
2. Reasonable price ( 18 inches rim & PS3 ) ( about the same as another big
company that is having sales right now )( can pay by instalment )
3. wide varieties of rim to choose from (once u go there & u know what I mean )
4. clean & air-conditioned waiting room with message chair
5. spacious venue as a whole
6. completed change of rims& tyres within 20 mins (fast) Management Response

Sinari
2 forum posts Joined on 25-Mar-2006
Plenty of Choice for Suzuki Swift Cars  Posted on 18-Mar-2014
I was looking high and low for tyres of profile 195/50r16 for my suzuki swift sports and realized that (1) this size is very rare (2) even if can find, it is very expensive. I was surprised that AL offers at least 6 different brands to choose from. The staff is very knowledgeable and is able to differentiate the fine difference between the brands and give recommendation. Price is about $10-20 cheaper than average market selling price. Good experience overall. Management Response

Aideyin
3 forum posts Joined on 19-Jun-2013
No frills, value for money  Posted on 23-Dec-2013
I chance upon this shop while scouting for a replacement for my old set of worn out Bridgestone Potenza. Am looking for Michelin PS3 and AL Tyres has stock in store for immediate at very reasonable prices. As with everything cheap and good, there are a lot of cars changing their tyres when I popped by. Service is good and the staff work pretty fast so the wait wasn't that bad. If you are looking for a no frills, big selection of reasonable priced tyres and rims, this is definitely a good place to check out. Management Response

Mgmgphyo
Premium User Mgmgphyo
89 forum posts Joined on 05-Jun-2009
Excellent Service  Posted on 15-Oct-2013
I changed my rims with them. Their price are reasonable and service is very good. The best part is they noticed that my front tyres rotation are in the wrong direction which previous two tyre shops failed to notice. Management Response

• « Back ( 1 2 3 ) Next »