Consumer Reviews of AC Gruppen (S) Pte Ltd

DHL1010
Premium User DHL1010
0 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
There was a famous phase saying “Once bitten, twice shy”  Posted on 28-Aug-2017
Maybe I am stupid, I ordered a 2nd AP Racing big brake kit for my VW golf on 26th Mar 2017 from AC Gruppen while they still troubleshooting the squeaking sound on my Volvo S60 since my installation in Nov 2016 (am I too patient) as I checked with them again if the BBK is original from AP Racing and they reassure me again. Maybe I am slow, I never suspended that the AP Racing big brake kit on my Volvo S60 was a mix kit until my brake fluid light-up on my Volvo S60 and the advise given by AC Gruppen was “Just top up the brake fluid”. I was scared as this is my family car and I do NOT want anything to happen to my family so I went to another workshop to seek for 2nd opinion that was where I realized all those issues were arise due to the mix kit because the dimensions were off.

No surprise at all, the AP Racing Big Brake Kit on my VW Golf was a mix kit too and the description mention on AC Gruppen facebook posting (see photo attached) was NOT totally true. Although the BBK on my VW does not have loud squeaking sound but it rattled badly whenever I drive on uneven road and the brakes vibrate when I applied braking at above 100km/hr. This was because the 3rd party J-hooked disc workmanship was poor as the circumference was not symmetrical, which caused the screw not securely tightened onto the rotor. In addition, the 3rd party bell was made incorrectly that caused the offset on the caliper onto the disc. There were NO part number of both the disc and the bell of the BBK. I still remember clearly that I asked Jun that “Why the rotor and disc come in brown packaging box instead of AP Racing box?” His answer to me was all the items he carried are original and sometime they come in simple box in order to cut cost.

I am giving my honest feedback on the products that I purchased from AC Gruppen and all the photos were taken off from their facebook. I think it will be ethical to inform the customer at the very front that it is a mix Big Brake Kit and seek for the acceptance rather than twist of words at the later stage when issue happened. I have already reported these two incident to The Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE).

spacer spacer spacer spacer spacer

DHL1010
Premium User DHL1010
0 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Beware of FAKE AP Racing BBK  Posted on 26-May-2017
Before I purchase the AP Racing brake kits from AC Gruppen, I did sent my enquiry to Jun (the owner of AC Gruppen) via WhatsApp, asking him if all the items in the big brake kit are original from AP Racing and he claimed it is 100% Genuine AP Racing product and they are the authorized distributor. On 20th Dec 2016, I bought the AP Racing Radical brake kits for my Volvo S60 and had it install by AC Gruppen.

Workmanship
Just one week after the installation, squeaking sound arise and I went back to AC Gruppen for many occasions but nothing was resolved. Until 29th April 2017, there was a rattling sound from my rear and I went to another workshop to seek for advice as AC Gruppen only provide customer service on weekdays. To my horror, the rattling sound from my rear was because my rear original caliper was NOT tighten properly when I had my rear disc size upgraded by AC Gruppen. In additional, there was a leakage on my front AP Racing Radical caliper due to the swapped of brake fluid return pipe by AC Gruppen. When I text Jun informing him that my brake fluid level drop more than 20%, he told me to just top it up and it will be alright. The poor workmanship and irresponsibility by AC Gruppen had endanger the life of my family.

Authenticity
On the other hand, I was shocked when the another workshop specialist told me that all the items are NOT original from AP Racing except the Radical caliper and this was the cause of the squeaking sound from my front brakes as the surfaces are NOT flat with unbalance gap on both side of the caliper. Photos had been sent to AP Racing UK for verification and they had confirmed that all the items to be NOT genuine except the caliper. In additional, AP Racing UK had officially confirmed that AC Gruppen are NOT an Official Distributor or Dealer of AP Racing. AP Racing does NOT allow any sub distribution companies of the official distributors or dealers to represent themselves as “Official or un-official” AP Racing. This is really a dishonest act by AC Gruppen.

Be cautious if you had ordered items from AC Gruppen and avoid them if you plan to. Do check the authenticity of the product especially the BBK. For example, all genuine AP Racing products will have the unique serial number printed on each of the Caliper, rotor, hat and caliper mounting.

spacer spacer spacer spacer spacer
Management Response by AC Gruppen (S) Pte Ltd
02-Jun-2017

Hi Mr. Lim,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your feedback and we take your business seriously. We hope that we can help you with your problem.

However, the management of AC Gruppen deems that the following reviews are not factual. We would like to seek for your understanding and please request to take down this review immediately. Failure to do so, we will deem this as a defamatory action. And we might consider taking legal action as it affects our company reputation.

Your following statement state that "the big brake kit are original from AP Racing and he claimed it is 100% Genuine AP Racing product". As per the conversation we had on the mobile app, Whatsapp. AC Gruppen quoted you with the following messages.

"AP Racing Radi-Cal 6 Pistons 370mm J Hooked Disc + etc . . . " We stated the product description factual and stated that the 2 years manufacturer warranty is by AC Gruppen Pte Ltd. We did not mention or quote that we are affiliated with AP Racing UK. Any warranty or inquiries should be made to AC Gruppen Pte Ltd. We are providing local warranty for all the items purchased from our store.

And to answer your next inquiries, We will need to check and verify the squeaking sound of your vehicle as this may be implicated by other sources. Your installation is made on Nov 2016, and the squeaking sound arises on May 2017. There may be a possibility that you have been to another workshop for other jobs. We would like to honor and would like you to come back to our workshop for a full check. Our service advisor did contact you when you made these inquiries. We advise you to top up the brake fluid if there isn't any brake fluid. We also advise you to come down to our workshop as we have the proper equipment to help you with the troubleshooting. However, this is to no avail, you did not come down for a check.

We understand that you have concerns with our products. We would welcome you to swing by our workshop anytime for a full troubleshooting. At the same time, We would also like to request you to take down this reviews. You are not providing factual information. We will consult our legal counsel for any further action.

Thank you in advance and we hope to serve you again!

Mgnt of AC Gruppen.

SGCMWhiteKnight
Premium User SGCMWhiteKnight
130 forum posts Joined on 30-May-2009
Technical Experts  Posted on 17-Jul-2014
I was looking for a set of wheels for my car but because of the odd pcd, my options were limited. After looking around a while, the Rotiform range of wheels caught my eyes. Because these are custom made, they are built for your car and you get basically choose a design which no one else has. Also being forged, they weight less. After some discussion and deliberation over the wheels, I finally decided to get a set once and for all.
Ordering and waiting took a while since they are made in the USA. They arrived and looked stunning. In the flesh, it was a little disappointing because the rims actually weighed a little higher than I expected. Nevertheless once they were installed, I knew these were what I was waiting for: a great match for the car.
While installing, I transferred my TPMS from the old wheels to the new ones. Little did I know that after transferring, the wheels need re-balancing again. It may weigh very little, but at high speed, it does affect the wheels stability. After paying and driving off, I noticed the car was smoother, the steering more stable. These guys know their stuff! Management Response

Graveyard78
Premium User Graveyard78
76 forum posts Joined on 23-Apr-2005
good service  Posted on 03-Jan-2014
saw one of the rims that AC had posted that i am keen and went down to the shop.. The boss is friendly and patient .. he took the trouble to bring out the rims and place it beside my car to see if it looks good, even shared his knowledge on how I can achieve the perfect stance ... I would like to give credit to the boss Jun for his dedication in his work.. A big tthank you for going thru the trouble to make these rims possible for my car.. Overall experience is excellent . Will definitiely shop for my next rims with them..

Andy Teo
Toyota wish
BBS Rims

Muneerhalim
0 forum posts Joined on 24-Oct-2013
Tried 220km/hr. very steady and grippey  Posted on 25-Oct-2013
Dropped by Ac Gruppen to have a look at this range of rims. The shop owner, Jun, qouted me a decent price which includes rims and tyres. The tyres that he recommended me was Austyre. Never heard of the brand but he assured me its of good quality. Have been driving on the road for about a month. Tried 220km/hr to malaysia. very steady and grippey.. Will recommend my friends to this shop.

Alvinlim106
0 forum posts Joined on 27-Sep-2013
Excellence service, Highly recommended.  Posted on 27-Sep-2013
Was recommended by my friend to go down Ac gruppen to take a look as they offer good quality rims. Went down in the afternoon to have a look and I settled on the volssen CV3 for my BMW5 series. The shop owner, Jun , qouted me an attractive price which is inclusive of rims and tyres. The tyres that he recommended was Austyre 245/30 R20. Next day I called Jun say i might be late and to my amazement, he waited for me till 7pm. 2 Thumbs up on the customer service. Its been a month on the road and the tyres I am using are still quiet. Will definelty recommend my friends to this shop. Management Response

Merchant Logo AC Gruppen (S) Pte Ltd