Consumer Reviews of KATC Autotrans Pte Ltd

jcz
jcz
0 forum posts Joined on 08-Sep-2017
Poor service  Posted on 19-Sep-2017
After reading all the 6 positive reviews before me and seeing that it is a recommended star merchant, decided to gve it a try. Afterall, it cant be that bad right? Well guess im utterly wrong.

Sent in my vehicle due to engine oil leaking and was advised to replace fuel injection pump, overhaul o ring, gasket etc. They dismantled it and called to informed me clutch plate was wearing. No complains until this point, they told me since they noticed it upon dismantling might as well inform me and give me the option to decide.

Of course I went ahead with all repairs, reminded them again (told them about it first time when i sent in mmy car) over the phone NOT to top u engine oil to max and leave it mid of dipstick (cos i usually add 500ml oil addictive) Invoice came u to 2.3k and upon car collection, engine oil exceeded max level. Service advisor Ah Kun even assured me it's ok to add more wth????? Never mind i could probably spend another 100+ send it somewhere do another engne oil change right?

At first thought it's just a small issue everything seemed "Okay" So i drove home. Next day while washing the car to my disappointment, I found the aircon condensor panel, the one behind front of the bumper not installed properly and bent. Sent it back and Ah kun denied EVERYTHING. According to him, the job did not involve dimantling the front bumper and so they are NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR IT...Errr what kind of a blatant lie is that? I dont even need to be a car mech to know how the job is being performed.

So to cut the whole story short, they solved my leaking oil problems but damaged something else so if u r a potential customer that stumbled my review, my advise is to take ur money somewhere else unless u have too much to spare. Not exactly sure how they got their "Star merchant" Status but just dont be overly trusting with all these "Awards" And "Positive reviews". Management Response

analogue_sound
Premium User analogue_sound
3 forum posts Joined on 13-Sep-2015
Lubegard transmission flush  Posted on 10-Aug-2016
This is the typical transmission issue,I started to feel that was a delay in as I engaged my gear to "D" In the morning, a month back.
It was very brief moment, about less than few seconds before everything goes normal. And my transmission oil that should last me a good 20,000 Km is now only clocking at its 10,000 km mark.
I called up a few workshops and they recommended an overhaul of transmission indicating that is a possible damaged seal in the transmission system. The quoted price was $3K-$4K.
I read more online and the experts in US were recommending to first do a ATF flush. This was when I extend my search to this forum and I read about the lubegard that KATC carried.
To cut the story short,the lubegard transmission flush is indeed effective, I believe this lubegard has some patented formulation that works the seal. I still felt the same brief delay on the first day of driving ost flushed but problem diminishes on the second day onward and the boss of KATC has noted that it will take a little while before the lubegard circulates well in the system (esp the seal).
It has been a month since the transmission flush, I am happy with how things work out, not even a moment of delay in engaging, transmission is smoother than past.
If there's a thing I dislike about the lubegard , it is the bill that slaps on me. It cost me close to $450 to get this fix... Management Response

Edge_sg
14 forum posts Joined on 09-Dec-2006
Awesome service with confidence and cost savings  Posted on 12-Oct-2015
Visited Agent for vibration issue but was asked to replace other parts which is not related at all. Spending so much but did not solve the problems from Agent. Disappointment from such a specialised workshop of the brand.

Recommend from friend and website here, i have sent to Khang Auto for overhaul of the auto transmission due to vibration and jerking.
Mr.Raymond personally tested and confidently say that replacing of the parts and re-building of certain parts can surely solve the problem.
Initially was quite doubt with his words but he mention that if the problem not solve, no charges at all. That give me more confidence that he is very sure of this diagnostic which he quoted will eliminate the problem once and for all.

Since getting the vehicle back after overhaul, the problems were all gone.
Smooth sailing ride.
Had spent only half from what Agent quoted!! Management Response

MaxLim7028
Premium User MaxLim7028
20 forum posts Joined on 13-Aug-2012
After Overhaul, EXCELLENT !  Posted on 03-Feb-2015
Recently have my auto transmission overhaul and changed some parts, aging car performance is Excellent ! Thanks for Raymond knowledgeable advice and troubleshooting, noises and problems are identified and rectify.

My car noises have not been located by other workshops for some years however they managed to identify the problem upon some inspections, Well Done !

Highly Recommended To Patronize ! Management Response

BabyStar
17 forum posts Joined on 03-Jul-2014
Friendly boss, hassle free servicing. Not pushy!  Posted on 15-Oct-2014
Done my servicing with KATC a month ago and was all happy with the service and efficiency. Not my regular servicing workshop but dropped by there as it was around my workplace. Boss was kind to share his expertise with me on certain issues (knocking sound) with my Teana I raised up during the servicing. Told me to bring back to my regular shop to get it done.

For that I feel it is a must to commend their services as pushy workshops are a huge no. Management Response

K_TechAuto
8 forum posts Joined on 21-May-2006
Knowleageble and Trusty  Posted on 07-Oct-2014
Very Knowledgeable person in Automatic gearbox. Done my ATF flushing there. Management Response

Chloelpy
0 forum posts Joined on 16-Jul-2013
ATF Flushing  Posted on 07-Oct-2014
Know this company KATC in the market for very long but never been there before.Recommend by my hubby to do a ATF flushing . After flishing , the shifting very smooth and no jerking. Very good knowledge in Automatic Gearbox. Thank you Raymond. Management Response

Merchant Logo KATC Autotrans Pte Ltd