Consumer Reviews of MSP Far East Pte Ltd

• « Back ( 1 2 3 4 ) Next »
JackPanamera55
0 forum posts Joined on 09-Dec-2017
KEEP IT UP - EXCELLENT WORK!  Posted on 09-Dec-2017
When I took my AUDI A4 Quattro to a Volkswagen dealer for service they stated it needed a vacuum pump, rear brakes and an O2 sensor. The dealership quoted me a horrendous amount.

When I took it to MSP, Calvin was very friendly and very absoultey direct & Very upfront. His foreman, Amar quickly checked my car & Informed me the vacuum pump did not need to be immediately replaced. Their quote was less than half of the other quotes I had been receiving so I went ahead with the work.

On top of this, the rear brakes did not need to be replaced and the O2 sensor was still functioning - Calvin did not try to upsell any unnecessary repairs.

My engine is so smooth now and I really get to truly enjoy my car now.

More important to me than the cost of parts and labor is the upfront honesty. Honesty is utmost important. It really beats any autoworkshop offering cheap oil change & Repairs then later snowball to big repairs bill. I'm a car lover so I really dislike being short change especially anything to do with my cars.

Thank you, Calvin and I will be coming back for servicing, maintenance and repairs for my Panamera as well ! See ya all.

JP Management Response

zenchua456
0 forum posts Joined on 29-Nov-2017
HIGH RECOMMENDED  Posted on 29-Nov-2017
I should have written this review back in March'17 but delay due to overseas engagement. Calvin, you & Your guy totally deserve this review.

Came in for a clutch replacement for my Panamera. I had spoken to Calvin and the price was right. After the inspecting my car, Calvin recommended I change my flywheel because of heat spots and possible slippage. It was expensive but it would've been an arm and leg at the dealership.

Calvin was good at giving me live time updates about my vehicle. I don't like being kept in the dark & Wake up to a hefty bill. Calvin provided me pictures & Videos of the flywheel that needs to be repair. Lo and behold, it did not look good. This place doesn't just add on stuff to rack up the bill, I appreciate Calvin's businesses with integrity & Ran

If you have a Porsche that isn't under the warranty anymore where you get certain free or discounted services, I would recommend this place. The next Porsche I get will be serviced here without a doubt.

Zen Management Response

hammerchung380
0 forum posts Joined on 23-Nov-2017
GREAT WORKSHOP  Posted on 23-Nov-2017
I have nothing but positive things to say about Calvin at MSP. Calvin is bluntly honest, efficient, and truly cares about his business and customers. I say blunty because he doesn't bother if truth hurts. However, he does an outstanding job, and he knows BMWs like no one else.

I have an older BMW that has had some issues over the past few years. I have been taken advantage of by mechanics in the past and very wary every new mechanic. Before I found Calvin(MSP) , I was diagnosed with a $3,000-$4,000 fix by two other mechanics to fit my BMW E36 (past down by my beloved Dad). So, this car have sentimental value to me. I came to Calvin based on the reviews for a third opinion. Turns out none of the other "German specialists" I had seen prior to him knew what they were talking about. Calvin and his mechanic fixed the problem for half the amount and still managed to avoid any unnecessary and costly changes. And I know my old car parts are not easily available but Calvin got it running fine. My car now isn't vibrating and is running fine and very very smooth. He's trustworthy, and he knows what he's doing.

I am not the type to write review, but the exceptional service and price to restore my beloved car, I'm truly appreciative & Grateful. Calvin is a truly knowledgeable mechanic as well as high intellect (surprising) , a nice guy, and an honest man. If you have a Porsche or BMW, do yourself a favor and bring it to Calvin.

Hammer Management Response

melvynlee
Premium User melvynlee
3 forum posts Joined on 08-Jul-2016
Best experience with a mechanic; skillful, trustworthy service.  Posted on 20-Nov-2017
I would like to share my brief experience with Calvin from MSP Far East. I sent an AUDI A4 for pre-purchase inspection, even though it was a last minute request, he was able to accommodate the request and was able to check the car thoroughly, giving tips on what to do, etc, even though I might not be able to use his service that often due to the car still being under warranty. Did not mind spending his time to give me his blunt and honest opinion, which really helped me alot. All car owners who needs a reliable mechanic should not hesitate to go down to MSP and look for Colin as he is by far the most reliable and honest mechanic that I've seen so far. Once my car warranty is over, this workshop will be the only workshop that I'd go, no doubts about that. Thanks Calvin for your help and patience. Management Response

DAVE234
0 forum posts Joined on 15-Nov-2017
FANTASTIC  Posted on 15-Nov-2017
These guys are absolutely fantastic, we take our VW Passat to them anytime it needs work. It's nice to go to a mechanic that will take the time to explain to you what is wrong and doesn't mind pointing out things truthfully to me and it means some changes that I have to make. As I realised I save more as my mileage is quite high due to my profession.

I've found them to be extremely honest and always affordable. I was provided Pictures and Videos of the repairs done. Once I had them replace my timing belt and when it began to make a noise and Calvin took a day to fix the problem at no additional costs. These guys stand by their work and that is a refreshing trait to find with a mechanic. Can't recommend them enough.

Dave Management Response

LARRYSEAH370
0 forum posts Joined on 21-Sep-2017
PREFERRED Auto Workshop!  Posted on 21-Sep-2017
Went to a Dealer Autoshop, attended by non english speaking chinese Mechanic & Told me my mechatronic need replacement & Will cost >$5000 !! Heng I had been in Singapore long enough to catch on some chinese & Singlish. Point is ... I had done a replacement just the year before with this same Dealer!! Does a complicated component like Mechatronic's wear & Tear WITHIN only 1 year ??

When I went to other workshops, all gave me a 10 points list to change !! My last resort was to try bottom of my To-Call List – MSP. I drove over and had my free diagnostics done. Only a Sensor issue !! I had it changed and my car is performing so smooth and good. Readers, learn from my painful experience, Calvin & His team @MSP does a honest & Reliable job. Definitely my preferred Autoshop. And I "Will be back" , Calvin.

Larry

Management Response

BRUCEWONG
0 forum posts Joined on 19-Sep-2017
GREAT WORKSHOP  Posted on 19-Sep-2017
Awesome place and great guys... My car died and the dealer told me Mechatronic is the problem and it was over $9000 to fix... I called around a few places and Calvin was like "Oh sure it just needs [some part]" Costing me just a small fraction of $9000 that the dealer quoted.

My car is back to normal... Definitely making them my mechanic when needed.

Bruce Management Response

Eugenejiang450
0 forum posts Joined on 10-Sep-2017
AWESOME !!  Posted on 10-Sep-2017
Had oil sump replaced on my A6 (which requires the engine to be lifted out). Calvin & His team provided photos and kept me informed so that I can do the necessary claim. Very much appreciated the extra work done and going the extra mile dropping my car to my office due to my busy schedule.

This one unique workshop I would recommend though deadly honest and Calvin & His team goes the extra mile without strings attached. Yes !! Believe me and it's an awesome experience. I'm bringing in my other cars and friends, see ya soon Calvin.

Eugene Management Response

BrianLims246
0 forum posts Joined on 22-Aug-2017
GREAT JOB !  Posted on 22-Aug-2017
All I can say about MSP (Calvin & His team) is nothing but the best. I owned a Audi A6 and had spark plugs done then had to had the ABS rebuilt then a wheel bearing and hub repaired & Calvin keep me updated as the repairs progresses & They went out of their way to get it done at a fraction of cost at the dealer. I have no problem taking my another new car I just bought to them and I always recommend them to everyone even my son now takes his Mazda 3 to MSP. Thanks, you guys are great !!

Management Response

LEOJIAN
0 forum posts Joined on 27-Jul-2017
100% SATISFIED  Posted on 27-Jul-2017
I have been taking all of my vehicles there for 1 year. Calvin & His team, they are amazing people and their services is outstanding. Furthermore, you will not get a better price quote. They are very honest and will be upfront with you... They are a one stop shop.... You will not be disappointed

Calvin is absolutely very direct and honest, affordable, responsive and performs high quality work. He showed me each stage of my car overhaul with video & Pictures. Which workshop bother to take pictures and update you ? So, I'm 100% Satisfied. Management Response

DaisynDanny
0 forum posts Joined on 26-Jul-2017
BRILLIANT  Posted on 26-Jul-2017
Calvin & His team delivered on its promise. They examined my cars, a Porsche Cayenne & A Audi A6 and told me what needed to be done and accomplished it at the most reasonable price. Additionally, they detailed the car and returned it to me to my office and home looking fantastic & Smelling great. I'm trusting him to take care of my precious and would highly recommend this workshop anytime. Management Response

RogerYi
0 forum posts Joined on 05-Jul-2017
RELIABLE  Posted on 05-Jul-2017
Best experience I have had since my arrival from London last year, I have been hunting for a reliable & Honest Auto Workshop to take care of my beloved cars. From moment I called to the moment I drove away, I was treated like a valued customer with updates throughout. Calvin and the rest of the team know what they are talking about! Now, I can leave my cars to Calvin & Team and know they will are in good hands. Keep up the good work bro.

Roger Management Response

kenzolim40
0 forum posts Joined on 23-May-2017
BEST WORKSHOP  Posted on 23-May-2017
Taking a car to a mechanic is like going to the doctor for a body checkup, you don't want to hear or know where the problem is and you just want it fix at the quickest and cheapest and lessse pain. And many automotive workshops take advantage of customers like us. I found out even so call authorize workshops aren't what they seems to be.

So glad I found Calvin & His team. After several horrible experiences I finally said "Enough" And found MSP. They were wonderful, honest, fast and reasonable priced. I was constantly updated with stages of repair of my Porsche with pictures & Videos. To put it in perspective - I had a light that burned out on my car and the dealer charged be over $xx ; The same light on the opposite side was replaced by Calvin for only a fraction of the cost. As much as I'm grateful, I was angry the amount of trust and money I could have saved had come over to Calvin.

If you are shopping for a trustworthy workshop, look no where, my porsche group also agree Calvin & His team are supreme in knowledge and skill.

Kenzo Management Response

JACOB45
0 forum posts Joined on 17-May-2017
FAIR PRICES  Posted on 17-May-2017
Brought my Merce down and I have to say that Calvin and the guys at MSP are head and shoulders above 99% Of the mechanics I have dealt with. Yes they are nice guys, but what you really want from a mechanic is honesty and fair prices. I can tell you that you will get it all here.

Their work is thorough, the FIRST time in my driving life time, I'm showed the progress of the repairs along with pictures and videos and priced very fairly. In fact, there have been several occasions where I thought I had a big expensive issue to deal with and the guys have found a simple and cost effective solution. They are excellent at suggesting what repairs the car NEEDS; Not recommending excessive repairs. If these guys tell you it needs to be repaired you can be sure it really does.

Small shop, friendly people, plus fair rates. No wonder I have recommended them to others so many times. Give them a shot and you won't be disappointed.

Keep it up, Calvin & Team, I'm coming down again with my other cars along with my friends. Management Response

PennyC
0 forum posts Joined on 28-Apr-2017
EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE  Posted on 28-Apr-2017
I bought my Porsche Panamera to MSP for second opinion & Calvin did not lie to me and told me straight forward that he didn't know for a fact what was wrong with it, but would investigate and test it for a few days. And I mean "Did not lie" Because it is a common practice of mechanics to just throw parts at cars hoping that fixes the problem.

After 1 week he recommended to have my car opened and check. I was provided with pictures and videos on the investigation and changed the list of items advised like Power Steering Pump and a few items as well as Oil changed. When I took my car, it was gleaming clean and the engine was so smooth.

MSP, Calvin have proven honesty, excellent workmanship, and attentiveness, not to mention the excellent price.

If you love and like having your car on top performance I would totally recommend you this repair shop.

Penny Management Response