Consumer Reviews of MSP Far East Pte Ltd

• « Back ( 1 2 3 4 ) Next »
JasonLin35
0 forum posts Joined on 02-Feb-2018
GOOD & FAIR  Posted on 03-Feb-2018
Nothing worse than taking your car into a shop and knowing more than the tech at the autoworkshop.

However,this is not the case at MSP. Calvin's knowledge is certainly impressive, having previously trained in Germany & US. Calvin & His foreman, Amar do know their stuff. They are done an excellent work (inspected after they finished) and the price is more than fair for the work performed "No free meal in this world." So, I'm satisfied the amount I paid & Justified with the level of service & Repair on my overhaul. I was impressed especially I was constantly updated with videos & Pictures of the stages of progress of overhaul. Now, my A6 & Porsche 986 are so smooth & I'm enjoying my cars rides more than ever.

You guys deserve my time writing in this feedback. Keep it up boys!

Jason Lin Management Response

keithbond123
0 forum posts Joined on 06-Nov-2016
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED  Posted on 01-Feb-2018
Had my Panamera serviced by another shop, but then had problems with the engine running rough, which they assured me was normal for Porsches. And I was told my Gear Box needs to be replaced. That will really will cost me a bomb!! I took it to MSP, Calvin & His foreman Amar diagnosed professionally and repaired the problem immediately. Turns out the other shop had broken an air hose and taped it with electrical tape which didn't seal properly !!

In addition, when my car broke down at ONE KM the exit slope, Calvin & His team responded immediately in half hour which really surprised me. For a small workshop, they are really united & Good at their word. And found out the problem was no petrol, which I should have taken note. I wish I had known about Calvin before. These guys are the best - honest, fast, and absolute experts. Highly recommended!!!

Darren Koh Management Response

mohdZam
0 forum posts Joined on 30-Dec-2017
This place is the best!!  Posted on 30-Dec-2017
This place is the best!!

They have never pressured me with a bunch of repairs like every other mechanic who told me that my VW Golf – Mechatronic need to be replaced! I had only driven my car for 4years, how can it be spoiled when my car is running smooth except for some sounds. It turns out that after Calvin & His foreman Amar done a thorough check, it was just the Mountings. I’M thankful that I save a huge sum of unnecessary repair bill & I want to thank you guys that you went out of your way to get me a car to pick up my sick mum from the Dialysis. Great service here.

I will definitely recommend my friends to this workshop & I’Ll be back for all my car issues.

BEST customer service I've come across!!

Zam Management Response

JEROMYEO
0 forum posts Joined on 20-Dec-2017
5 STAR RECOMMENDATION  Posted on 20-Dec-2017
Calvin was extremely helpful and updated me closely on the progress of my cars. I would recommend him to anyone without doubt. He is friendly, professional, honest and he has great staff who are always forthcoming. He was able to solve a problem in one of my cars where even Volkswagen themselves could not diagnose.

Kudos to the team and wishing them all the best.

Rgds,
Jerome Management Response

JackPanamera55
0 forum posts Joined on 09-Dec-2017
KEEP IT UP - EXCELLENT WORK!  Posted on 09-Dec-2017
When I took my AUDI A4 Quattro to a Volkswagen dealer for service they stated it needed a vacuum pump, rear brakes and an O2 sensor. The dealership quoted me a horrendous amount.

When I took it to MSP, Calvin was very friendly and very absoultey direct & Very upfront. His foreman, Amar quickly checked my car & Informed me the vacuum pump did not need to be immediately replaced. Their quote was less than half of the other quotes I had been receiving so I went ahead with the work.

On top of this, the rear brakes did not need to be replaced and the O2 sensor was still functioning - Calvin did not try to upsell any unnecessary repairs.

My engine is so smooth now and I really get to truly enjoy my car now.

More important to me than the cost of parts and labor is the upfront honesty. Honesty is utmost important. It really beats any autoworkshop offering cheap oil change & Repairs then later snowball to big repairs bill. I'm a car lover so I really dislike being short change especially anything to do with my cars.

Thank you, Calvin and I will be coming back for servicing, maintenance and repairs for my Panamera as well ! See ya all.

JP Management Response

zenchua456
0 forum posts Joined on 29-Nov-2017
HIGH RECOMMENDED  Posted on 29-Nov-2017
I should have written this review back in March'17 but delay due to overseas engagement. Calvin, you & Your guy totally deserve this review.

Came in for a clutch replacement for my Panamera. I had spoken to Calvin and the price was right. After the inspecting my car, Calvin recommended I change my flywheel because of heat spots and possible slippage. It was expensive but it would've been an arm and leg at the dealership.

Calvin was good at giving me live time updates about my vehicle. I don't like being kept in the dark & Wake up to a hefty bill. Calvin provided me pictures & Videos of the flywheel that needs to be repair. Lo and behold, it did not look good. This place doesn't just add on stuff to rack up the bill, I appreciate Calvin's businesses with integrity & Ran

If you have a Porsche that isn't under the warranty anymore where you get certain free or discounted services, I would recommend this place. The next Porsche I get will be serviced here without a doubt.

Zen Management Response

hammerchung380
0 forum posts Joined on 23-Nov-2017
GREAT WORKSHOP  Posted on 23-Nov-2017
I have nothing but positive things to say about Calvin at MSP. Calvin is bluntly honest, efficient, and truly cares about his business and customers. I say blunty because he doesn't bother if truth hurts. However, he does an outstanding job, and he knows BMWs like no one else.

I have an older BMW that has had some issues over the past few years. I have been taken advantage of by mechanics in the past and very wary every new mechanic. Before I found Calvin(MSP) , I was diagnosed with a $3,000-$4,000 fix by two other mechanics to fit my BMW E36 (past down by my beloved Dad). So, this car have sentimental value to me. I came to Calvin based on the reviews for a third opinion. Turns out none of the other "German specialists" I had seen prior to him knew what they were talking about. Calvin and his mechanic fixed the problem for half the amount and still managed to avoid any unnecessary and costly changes. And I know my old car parts are not easily available but Calvin got it running fine. My car now isn't vibrating and is running fine and very very smooth. He's trustworthy, and he knows what he's doing.

I am not the type to write review, but the exceptional service and price to restore my beloved car, I'm truly appreciative & Grateful. Calvin is a truly knowledgeable mechanic as well as high intellect (surprising) , a nice guy, and an honest man. If you have a Porsche or BMW, do yourself a favor and bring it to Calvin.

Hammer Management Response

melvynlee
Premium User melvynlee
3 forum posts Joined on 08-Jul-2016
Best experience with a mechanic; skillful, trustworthy service.  Posted on 20-Nov-2017
I would like to share my brief experience with Calvin from MSP Far East. I sent an AUDI A4 for pre-purchase inspection, even though it was a last minute request, he was able to accommodate the request and was able to check the car thoroughly, giving tips on what to do, etc, even though I might not be able to use his service that often due to the car still being under warranty. Did not mind spending his time to give me his blunt and honest opinion, which really helped me alot. All car owners who needs a reliable mechanic should not hesitate to go down to MSP and look for Colin as he is by far the most reliable and honest mechanic that I've seen so far. Once my car warranty is over, this workshop will be the only workshop that I'd go, no doubts about that. Thanks Calvin for your help and patience. Management Response

DAVE234
0 forum posts Joined on 15-Nov-2017
FANTASTIC  Posted on 15-Nov-2017
These guys are absolutely fantastic, we take our VW Passat to them anytime it needs work. It's nice to go to a mechanic that will take the time to explain to you what is wrong and doesn't mind pointing out things truthfully to me and it means some changes that I have to make. As I realised I save more as my mileage is quite high due to my profession.

I've found them to be extremely honest and always affordable. I was provided Pictures and Videos of the repairs done. Once I had them replace my timing belt and when it began to make a noise and Calvin took a day to fix the problem at no additional costs. These guys stand by their work and that is a refreshing trait to find with a mechanic. Can't recommend them enough.

Dave Management Response

LARRYSEAH370
0 forum posts Joined on 21-Sep-2017
PREFERRED Auto Workshop!  Posted on 21-Sep-2017
Went to a Dealer Autoshop, attended by non english speaking chinese Mechanic & Told me my mechatronic need replacement & Will cost >$5000 !! Heng I had been in Singapore long enough to catch on some chinese & Singlish. Point is ... I had done a replacement just the year before with this same Dealer!! Does a complicated component like Mechatronic's wear & Tear WITHIN only 1 year ??

When I went to other workshops, all gave me a 10 points list to change !! My last resort was to try bottom of my To-Call List – MSP. I drove over and had my free diagnostics done. Only a Sensor issue !! I had it changed and my car is performing so smooth and good. Readers, learn from my painful experience, Calvin & His team @MSP does a honest & Reliable job. Definitely my preferred Autoshop. And I "Will be back" , Calvin.

Larry

Management Response

BRUCEWONG
0 forum posts Joined on 19-Sep-2017
GREAT WORKSHOP  Posted on 19-Sep-2017
Awesome place and great guys... My car died and the dealer told me Mechatronic is the problem and it was over $9000 to fix... I called around a few places and Calvin was like "Oh sure it just needs [some part]" Costing me just a small fraction of $9000 that the dealer quoted.

My car is back to normal... Definitely making them my mechanic when needed.

Bruce Management Response

Eugenejiang450
0 forum posts Joined on 10-Sep-2017
AWESOME !!  Posted on 10-Sep-2017
Had oil sump replaced on my A6 (which requires the engine to be lifted out). Calvin & His team provided photos and kept me informed so that I can do the necessary claim. Very much appreciated the extra work done and going the extra mile dropping my car to my office due to my busy schedule.

This one unique workshop I would recommend though deadly honest and Calvin & His team goes the extra mile without strings attached. Yes !! Believe me and it's an awesome experience. I'm bringing in my other cars and friends, see ya soon Calvin.

Eugene Management Response

BrianLims246
0 forum posts Joined on 22-Aug-2017
GREAT JOB !  Posted on 22-Aug-2017
All I can say about MSP (Calvin & His team) is nothing but the best. I owned a Audi A6 and had spark plugs done then had to had the ABS rebuilt then a wheel bearing and hub repaired & Calvin keep me updated as the repairs progresses & They went out of their way to get it done at a fraction of cost at the dealer. I have no problem taking my another new car I just bought to them and I always recommend them to everyone even my son now takes his Mazda 3 to MSP. Thanks, you guys are great !!

Management Response

LEOJIAN
0 forum posts Joined on 27-Jul-2017
100% SATISFIED  Posted on 27-Jul-2017
I have been taking all of my vehicles there for 1 year. Calvin & His team, they are amazing people and their services is outstanding. Furthermore, you will not get a better price quote. They are very honest and will be upfront with you... They are a one stop shop.... You will not be disappointed

Calvin is absolutely very direct and honest, affordable, responsive and performs high quality work. He showed me each stage of my car overhaul with video & Pictures. Which workshop bother to take pictures and update you ? So, I'm 100% Satisfied. Management Response

DaisynDanny
0 forum posts Joined on 26-Jul-2017
BRILLIANT  Posted on 26-Jul-2017
Calvin & His team delivered on its promise. They examined my cars, a Porsche Cayenne & A Audi A6 and told me what needed to be done and accomplished it at the most reasonable price. Additionally, they detailed the car and returned it to me to my office and home looking fantastic & Smelling great. I'm trusting him to take care of my precious and would highly recommend this workshop anytime. Management Response

• « Back ( 1 2 3 4 ) Next »