This is a past / unavailable model
Road Test - Nissan Teana 250XV
16 Dec 2008  |  Nissan Reviews
Does the Nissan Teana deserve all the cold looks it gets sometimes for being an unhip, "uncle's car"? Now, we haven't gone insane, but we think it's rather cool. Read More
   Consumer Reviews of Nissan Teana

4/5 Reliability
3.5/5 Features
3.5/5 Interior Design
4/5 Engine Performance
9 out of 12 (75%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

•  « Back ( 1 2 3 ) Next »
Nice but not quite there yet
 03 Jul 2009
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? No

I have a 2.5L Nissan Teana and driven it for one month. I give it an overall high average score based on my experience but will not recommed to my friends to buy.

First, let me talk about the good points of the car. The exterior styling is stately and has good presence on the road. It may look boring at first sight, but the looks grows on you. The interior is spacious and has a touch of luxury. Some neat features found are such as the rear screen for back passengers and ottoman seat for front passenger. The dashboard has a Nordic, no-nonsense feel which appeals to those who like things simple and neat. The leather seats are soft and feels great - the Japanese workmanship can be felt. The 2.5L is powerful and almost silent at higher speeds. At lower revs, the engine is a bit noisy and guttural.

Now, the not-so-good points. The doors are clumsy and a tad too heavy. The front passenger seat recess too deeply inwards - making it awkward to get out for some.

The locally fitted LCD touch screen is unreliable and goes blank now and then, when that happens, my GPS and the reverse camera plus all other car indicators goes down. It can be downright dangerous when you cannot see what behind when your are reversing as the car is quite large in size. Problem still persists.

The engine is quite a fuel-guzzler. I can get about 7km per litre. The smart plasma ion aircon emits smells whenever the car starts for the first minute only.

After sales support leaves much to be desired.

For now, I will NOT recommend the Teana to anyone as there are bothersome, teething problems with the car. It will be frustrating to buy one, only to find critical features like the reverse camera, LCD touch screen etc not working properly. Spare yourself the grieve and disappointment.

It may take some time for these issues to be really sorted out. For now, for the same ball-park price, I think its other Japanese peers or a lower end Conti may be a better buy.

- Stately exterior styling
- Spacious cabin
- Luxurious leather
- Clean clear dashboard
- Ottoman chair (front passenger)
- Touch screen LCD control panel (when its working properly)
- Powerful engine

- Ungainly doors for driver and front passenger
- Quite a heavy drinker
- Unreliable and prone to fail touch screen LCD control panel that controls the GPS, reverse camera and other essentials
- Aircon smells at start up
- After sale support

Big executive sedan
 |  1st Gear |
 22 Jun 2009
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

In Dec 2008 I read about the Teana 250 VX being awarded Car Of The Year 2008. I knew I had to get one when my 5 yr old Mazda is due for scrap.

The main reasons why I bought this car:
1) Quality (the superior quality is very obvious compared to a Camry)

2) V6 Engine (the effortless torque at low RPM is a total winner compared to the 4 cycls on Camry and Accord)

3) Ride Comfort (I am inclined towards soft and pliant car ride, the stiffer suspension of a Mazda 6 or an Accord did not appeal to me)

4) Ventilated Seats (this is a godsend especially in singapore's hot weather)

Before putting ink on contract, I researched the new 250XE variant available through the PIs. Unfortunately the cost savings was not substantial enough to entice me. Key features like cruise control etc are not available in the XE. Overall, the VX was a more compelling package.

I paid $89k and collected my VX on 31 May. Above all else, my first impression is the way the car accelerates with effortless authority. My two previous cars were 4 pots, so this kind of airplane-takeoff acceleration is truly mesmerizing for me. It is not a very fast car, it covers 0-100 in 9.7secs. But it is the manner with which I achieve that which sets this car apart. I never felt rushed or a need to prove any speed in this car.

The CVT gearbox is a match-made-in-heaven. I am now wafting around from one destination to another without any more rising and falling RPMs, no gear-changes, no struggling for power in the wrong RPM bands. There is no problem finding a right ratio or down-shift/ up-shifting. The CVT works like a rubber-band and keeps me in the optimal RPM range depending on my throttle footwork. It feels like an MRT accelerating out of a station, that's how it feels.

Petrol consumption has been averaging 9.0 for me. Since collecting my car, I have chalked 2000+ KMs. No other complains about the car. Everything works like it should, and everything feels like it should.

Nice family car.
 28 Jan 2009
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

Although my family owns a Nissan Cefiro and does not own a Nissan Teana, I rated this car because it's very similar to a Nissan Cefiro. The difference is just the looks, quality of the seats and the dash board. Another reason I'm rating this car is because i visited the Nissan car showroom located at Ubi, and sat in the Teana. That's how i got to know about the interior.

The dashboard, steering wheel design, polished wood and the comfortable squishy seats which are much better than Cefiro's seats.

Legroom, i think it's quite crampy, compared to cefiro's.

Great Car without a great price
 15 Nov 2008

Tested both 2.0 & 2.5 models, here're the conclusions:

2.0
- MR20DE engine is rough & unrefined.
- Sounds like a lawn mower.
- Handling unstable due to no VDC.
- Underpower.
- Leather seats feel inferior to 2.5.
- Go for a Honda 2.0 that's more refined in this category.

2.5
- VQ25DE V6 engine is smooth & refined.
- But once rev up, sounds like weed eater.
- Great & stable handling with VDC.
- Great leather seats with ventilation & ottoman foot rest.
- Adequate power for a 2.5 model.
- Real power comes with the 3.5 model if u got $$ to spare.

2.5
- Great vented seats & ottoman foot rest.
- Decent V6 with adequate hp & torque.
- Smooth & quiet, at par with conti specs.
- Competitively & reasonably priced.
- Nice looking back side ;p

- No reverse camera.
- Niggling dashboard materials.
- Real Japs made comes with Bose stereo.
- Bland looking front side ;(