This is a past / unavailable model
   Consumer Reviews of Toyota Estima

4.5/5 Reliability
4/5 Interior Design
4/5 Engine Performance
7 out of 7 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »
Excellent family oriented car
 21 Jan 2014

The Estima has long been one of my favourites as a looker in the MPV department. It is large, but it does have a little sporty touch to it in the aerodynamic styling.

My dad had owned this car for a good 7 years now, and it has never given us much major problems. So, what can I say? Excellent reliability.

Inside, it has all the comfort that a family would require. The 2-2-3 configuration model has all the luxury and comfort we would look for. Wide seats in the middle, good leg room, good head room, and a little coffee table in the middle. In the back, collapse the 3rd row seats and the boot instantly turns massive. Good for transporting bulky items

Engine wise, not much to say. Engine is lively and smooth. Throttle and brakes are good as well, as with all Japanese cars, low input of either pedals, and you get a high output in the speeding up or slowing down. CVT gearbox is responsive and very tidy. The steering is light and responsive, even though the feedback is not as good as old fashion hydraulic power steering, but good nonetheless. Since this car is large, U-turn at many 2 lane roads can be a bit of a problem. The turning radius of this car is a little too wide, and would need a minimum of 3 lanes to execute a proper u-turn. Ride comfort wise, not so good. But, definitely, we can't expect Toyota to use the same kind of suspension on this car as Mercedes use on their cars can we?

Exterior wise, this current model looks excellent compared to its predecessor. But I feel that to make it look even better, a bodykit and 18" alloys would make it look wonderful.

FC wise, a little disappointing. City driving would return about 6km/l and so far, a full tank has never allowed me to go more than 500km.

Summing up, this is a fantastic car that's worth a drive, or even worth buying and using it for the full 10 years.

Looks
Responsive gearbox
Lively Engine
Reliability, nothing less than excellent
Steering, braking, acceleration
User-friendly
Comfort in the back
Seats that fold away to get a massive boot

Underpowered for a big car
Ride comfort
Turning radius
Hard to maneuver in tight areas
A little slow on pick up speed
Feels a little sluggish even at high speeds

Surprising Deal
 29 Oct 2010

Well, I have driven my new Estima for almost a month and it is amazing that it consumes less petrol compared to my Grandis previously. I can drive > 500 km per one full tank now as compared to merely 350 km per one full tank last time.

Petrol Consumption

The price - how I wish it could have been lower to $100,000.

Loved it!
 11 Jul 2010

Estima! A very practical and spacious car. What can't you get? There is a sliding door, a very comfortable ride, quiet engine, remarkable engine and the FC is how do I elaborate it? It is superb for a Toyota minivan! I would get this instead of a Previa!

*Ride comfort -Almost slept in the car once!
*FC- REMARKABLE! Where can you get a minivan with such a low fuel consumption.
*Engine -Powerful! Can ferry 8 passengers without any trouble!

*So far so good!

Good MPV to consider
 31 Mar 2010

My dad's friend own this car for 1 month now. I often bring it out for a spin when i am free. I think this car is great for a family of 6-7. The tech is also good

All

none

Best MPV I'be love to drive
 25 Jan 2008

Got my Estima on 19 Dec 2007, and had never look back since. Had owned Nissan C20 Vanette, Subaru Domingo 4X4, Mitsubishi Spacewagon, Hyundai Trajet before this beauty. Aftermarket upgrade to HIDs, reverse camera with nite vision, touchscreen ICE, Brembos, 18" wheels etc.... wow save your bucks man! Got it going across 150km/h with modest 12km/l highway on the juice. At bit noisy at speed but can be solve with better sound cladding. At 2.2ton this baby can overtake without huffing or puffing. Just go with the 7 speed steptronic manual or just leave it at "D". Should be happy for now but heard the hybrid version is coming. Cheers, be safe and happy driving always.

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »