This is a past / unavailable model
   Consumer Reviews of Nissan Latio Sedan

4.5/5 Reliability
3.5/5 Features
2.5/5 Interior Design
4/5 Engine Performance
22 out of 24 (91.7%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

•  « Back ( 1 2 3 4 5 ) Next »
First car I owned
 |  1st Gear |
 12 May 2010
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

Truth to be told, I bought this car only because it was within my budget and I was comparing between the Avante and Latio. In the end, the Latio won over solely because of the "Made in Japan" badge.
Till date, it has not disappointed me, but it has not thrilled me either.
It is still a decent "bread and butter" car, the extact what I was looking and paying for. So, no complain

Fuel consumption is decent
The foot break is nice as I had been driving cars with the tradition hand break
The boot is large enough, enough for me to put in a mountain bike less the wheels and sit-post comfortably. This is critical for me.
The car feels sufficient zippy at low speed and seems to be able to handle itself well at high speed

Lack of pick up at the low end, it does not well as feel to be accelerating that "well" when the engine is revving at anything less than 2.5k rpm.
The center arm rest could be better designed. Maybe I prefer the traditionl box in the centre design.
Lack of usable slots to hide all my small barang barang.

Great car for family of 4
 |  Neutral Newbie |
 04 Apr 2010
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

Test drove this cars donkey years ago. First impression, at this look! It can't win it any beauty award. But interior was very freshen compared to sunny.

Most of them except looks

The looks what else!!!

Smooth, Quiet and Comfortable car
 |  2nd Gear |
 19 Mar 2010
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

Bought my Nissan Latio Premium Sedan in November 2009. Now driven it for nearly 7000km as of March 2010.

So far I have no complaint about this car.

Drove it up to Genting in March... Fuel consumption on highway at average 120km/h to 140km/h with travel thru KL roads plus up Genting highland was around 14km/l. Hit max speed (on empty stretch of road ok?) of 190km/h on speedo aka 180km/h on GPS.

Went up Genting highland without having to switch to L gears with aircon running with no problem.

Pros:
- Adequate power for 1.5L car, easy overtaking when necessary.

- Smooth acceleration with no jerk thanks to CVT gear
- Engine is so silent that I forgot to switch off the engine or turn the start knob by mistake.

- Interior is spacious and comfortable. Driver seat is comfortable on long distance driving. The boot is big and the glove compartment is big enough to put a macbook inside with lotta room to spare.

- Air conditioning is powerful enough. 26 degrees is my standard temp.

- Decent Fuel consumption. 10Km/l for me at 10% highway and 90% street roads. I accelerate at high rpm without much concern for FC as it is too bothersome to be light foot and drive to avoid braking just to save a bit of petrol.

Cons:
-Suspension was initially too soft but ok now.
(Service Engineer say no adjustment can be done... but it returned after routine 5K servicing somehow firmer...)

Good overall, but poor handling.
Premium UserCarmour
 |  4th Gear |
 14 Feb 2010
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

Have been driving the Nissan Latio for a few weeks already. Overall, its a decent car with reasonable price. There are a few pros and cons of this car that I will touch on later.

Strange thing about this car is its fuel gauge. It goes down really quickly for the 1st half, but slowly for the 2nd half. From full tank, I clocked only 80km when the meter showed 1 quarter tank. Good thing that the rest of the tank lasted me for a total of 500km.

- Air-con is cold
- Engine has pretty good power for a 1.5L
- Steering is light at low speeds, and increases in weight at higher speed
- Nice big side mirrors means little blind spots
- Spacious! This car is really spacious!
- Smart key
- 4-speed auto (I tried CVT version, and its not as good though more expensive)
- alot of compartments

- Poor handling! That's my main complain! Car seems to be too high.
- Seat ergonomics is not very good. I can't seem to find a 100% comfortable position. Headrest is also at a very awkward height for me. I'm 1.8M for reference.
- Smart key makes me forget to lock the car. (personal problem)

You will never go wrong
 |  1st Gear |
 23 Dec 2009
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

Latio Sedan gives you the best comfort in terms of interior space. If you are always driving, the nissan latio will allow you to sit in there for the longest period of time and you won't want to get out of the ride. That's how good the latio is!

* Large interior space, my nephew can jump all around it!
* Cold Air Con (25 degree and still very cold)
* super good fuel consumption at 16km/h max. 13 on average.
* Large glove compartment good enough for you to store 2 cartons of cigarettes inside.
* Comfortable seats. Once you sit in you won't want to get out.
* steering gets harder on high speeds, easy to cruise even at over 120km/h.

* soft suspension, easily bua the curb if got people sitting behind.
* Loses power when going up slope.
* slower pickup as compared to the rest because of the heavy weight.
* People see latio die die want to overtake. Travel at 100km/h liao still die die want overtake. Think latio is seen as a slow car to many people. They still dunno latio is very stable and good at high speeds.

•  « Back ( 1 2 3 4 5 ) Next »