This is a past / unavailable model
Road Test - Nissan Sylphy 1.5 (A)
09 Sep 2009  |  Nissan Reviews
Nissan aims to widen their demographic beyond middle-aged ’Uncles’ and add a touch of class to their family range. But have they succeeded? Read More
   Consumer Reviews of Nissan Sylphy

4/5 Reliability
3.5/5 Features
3.5/5 Interior Design
3.5/5 Engine Performance
17 out of 22 (77.3%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

•  « Back ( 1 2 3 4 5 ) Next »
Nice, Comfortable Car, But A Tad Bit Underpowered
 08 May 2013
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

So i bought this 2006 bluebird sylphy two weeks ago. It is the 1.5 litre version with 4 speed (i think) automatic gearbox. Bought it used with 40000kms on the dash. Car looks new. Almost untouched. The previous owner must have been very careful or very responsible or both. Good thing.
My previous car was a 2001 nissan bluebird sylphy n16 with 1.5litre qg15de engine. Manual transmission.

1. The cabin space for both front and rear passengers. Wow. Its mind boggling how Nissan did this. I am 6 foot 2 inches tall so i know what am talking about. It is so spacious i can sit at the back and cross my legs. Awesome.
2. Comfort. The car is comfortable to ride in. Think the suspension is the reason. Very soft. Don't know about driving on rough roads though.
3. Noise insulation. The cabin is very quiet. Minimal noise from outside.
4. The steering has controls mounted on it for the stereo and i believe the gps.
It has gps navigation.

1. The tiny 15 inch shoes (wheels). Too small for my liking. They don't do justice to the looks.
2. Currently am getting 9.8kms/l which stinks to high heaven. Am thinking of checking plugs and everything to see whats causing it. It should do better.
3. Acceleration is lethargic. Probably coz of the heavy body and small engine.
4. Drum brakes. In this day and age?
4. The gps and radio is in japanese. I dont know any japanese
5. Car sits too low so ocassionally scraping the underside

My second ride. I like it!
 10 May 2011
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

I have owned this car for 3months. So far so good, very comfortabe, compared to Sunny. Good fuel comsumption, always get 12.3-12.7. Very silent engine, air con is very strong, rather underpowered. Must floor my acclerator jus sometimes at PIE. Rather light steering, very easy to grip hand wheel, have a nice leather feeling on it.

Overall, the Sylphy is a comfortable and reliable ride. I bought this car with no-regrets! Don't think. Go for it.

-Comfortable ride. Can stretch at back.
-Light steering. Especially for a lady driver like me.
-Foot brake. Very little cars has this feature in its league.
-Fuel comsumption. Better compared to my previous Sunny.

-Puny 15 inch. Should make it to 16 or 17"
-Not much.

The Nissan Sylphy. My sixth car, and the best one! (:
 03 May 2011
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

I have decided to go car hunting to replace my 3 years old ride--Latio Sport. I had 3 choices in mind-Sylphy, Civic and Latio. I decided to turn down Latio as it is very common on the roads and looks bad. Civic is also turned down as it has a bad sound system (1.6l) and has rather bad sound insulation. So, I went down to test the Sylphy.

I've drove the nissan Sylphy for about 1 and a half years. I've bought the Sylphy as I needed a big, comfortable ride. And of cause, my friends strongly reccomanded this car to me. Frankly speaking, this is one of the SLOWEST car I've ever driven. But I feel that the Sylphy is the most comfortable drives I ever had. From the Latio Sport, to Sunny, I feel that it is the most comfortable rides. I nearly slept in the car before. :p Apart from comfort, i like the size of the car. Looks like a 2.0l! Handling have improved afer i changed my stock rims to the 17" ones. Steering is rather light. Leather seats can be kinda of hot for the weather in Singapore. But the air-con is very strong I must say.

Price is rather steep now, might be due to COE. I bought the car at about 70k. One complain i must say, I think some people in this review have encountered this also, the loud and inaccurate. But has lowered the volume of it, so now still under control. I am also impressed by the car's sound proffing, very silent!

Overall, I feel that the Sylphy is a very comfortable, stylish ride. Therefore, I WILL recomand this car to my friends.

-Comfort. Almost slept in the car once.
-Sound-proffing. Very silent ride, especially at high speed.
-Size, rare sight to see a 1.5l so big.
-Style, rather stylish, look like a executive car.

-Puny 15 " rims. 16 or 17" should be better to give it a more blanced look.
-No auto-attractable mirror, must fork out exra cash. Must be very careful when boarding and alighting car.
-Slow pick-up. But that is not a big problm, because I'm not the chio type.
-Speed cut at 165kmph.

My first car, I love it
 18 Oct 2010
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

It's been 8 months above when I got it as OPC car. Till now it's only 7K+ km as I only use it in weekends most of time. Excellant car for the price at the time I bougut it. 66K before OPC rebate.

Mine is black color and I installed solar film after I bought it. Have to say, the inside temporature is high when parking under the sun even with the solar film. The aircon is good. I normally set inside temp as 27 & 28 and still feel cool when driving.

The FC is quite OK. Not as 6.9L/100KM as in the spec, but I managed to control my speed and maintain it as 9L. I usually drive in high way without jam. I drove to Melaka twice and enjoyed the speed of 130 - 150 and still feel stable. I noticed the FC will increase a lot when the speed is more than 130. It's about 12 for 130 and 14 for 150. Thinking it's due to the 1.5 engine, not 2.0 one. The best FC is at speed of 80 which is about 4 or 5. By the way, I managed to speed to 170km when there is no traffic (and police) before me.

As it's my first car, I don't have many comparison with other brands. I just love it and it's desired for a family car, not a racing car. I can feel the acceleration is not that good even I put od off. The comfortability is the most important when I chose this car as my friend recommends me.

- comfortability
- exterior design (metal border of side windows, only with luxury cars)
- convenience brought by keyless system
- huge space

some features like
- no control in the steering wheel
- no auto-lock system (I had once left the car unlock for 2 days as I forgot to lock the car)
- dragonfly-like front lamp design, not fasion

My first drive
 28 May 2010
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? No

I have been driving it for 4mths. It is a comfort drive that shuttles me around between point A & point B. Car is underpower when driving with full load, especially driving up slopes.

Reverse sensor fails to work when I collected car.
Feels lack of power when driving with full load, maybe due to car size and heavier weight

Leg brake as seldom seen in car in the same range
Keyless entry for convenience
Huge boot
Exec look
Adjust car seat vertically
Remote car boot control

Bumpy ride when going slow speed
Manual button to close/open side mirror
Low FC; currently stands at 10.5-10.7km/l
Lack of power with full load
No USB ports