This is a past / unavailable model
   Consumer Reviews of Toyota Rush

2.5/5 Reliability
4.5/5 Interior Design
4/5 Engine Performance
2.5/5
6 out of 8 (75%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »
Most Valued Money Car you can buy from the market today
 09 Nov 2012

I remember driving this car back in 2007-2008. It was my 2nd car. This car has a tall height ride which is perfect for me.Even though you could not drive this car fast it is still a great valued for money car you can buy now. I checked the internet and they sold it around 38-57k. The FC is great too!. This car would travel you from Singapore to KL smoothly. The cabin noise is loud sometimes. I hope from the next generation of the Rush the AC would be much better.

Everything

AC

A big surprise for me!!!
Premium UserClanceroy
 03 Mar 2012

I had just changed my Nissan Presage to this little cuty Rush. Before changing, I have heard many people feedback that Rush is not powerful, consumption not so good etc etc. But when I went for a test drive, it was a big surprise for me.

The first sight at this car, it really attracts me alot. It is cute, tall(which is a must for me to choose a car) and stylish. Once sit inside, my mum instantly exclaimed that it is very spacious, she can fold her legs and sit comfortably, just like sitting in my presage.

The acceleration is not so fast but I thinkone reason is because most Japanese cars take into consideration of safety. But it speed rather well on the highway. Swift andAs you accelerate to a higher speed, the car seems a bit noisy but it sound so much better to me compared to my presage, a 2.5L MPV, sounds much more noiser than it, and also draggy like an old man when it moves.

Stability is another reason I like about Rush. With such a high CG, the car is still so stable when going up a slope and travelling on a rough road. Fuel consumption is low. I drove this car to KL and only need to top up twice half 3/4 tank of petrol for the whole trip. Handling is easy, especially with the overall clear view of the surrounding.

The rear cargo space is spacious too, even presage doesn't give such a big space, unless you knock down the third row seats.

Overall it is a handy, functional and economical SUV and I really love driving in it. It has given me the comfort and ease of driving.

Sluggish, cute look
Height
Spacious interior and cargo space
Fuel consumption
Easy handling

The aircon control switch.

Cheap and Reliable SUV
 22 Jan 2011

My dad bought this car in 2009. And when he brought it home, i decided to test it. The looks of the car, it has a cheerful look, but with a dash of evil. It looks like the Mona Lisa painting, a mysterious unexplainable expression. Then came the performance.. Not bad. The acceleration (0-100km/h in about 12secs). Which was relatively alright being a 1.4L SUV car. It is relatively silent while cruising at about 80-90km/h. But when i decided to speed up a little, to about 110 km/h, it began to rumble quite a bit. So yeah, it isn't made for speed. So what is it made for then? Well, easy said, it is for practicality, easy, fun and cheerful driving, which is a +1 for woman drivers and it is a breeze to handle and drive this car. It ride height is also high, so it is easier to see on the road while driving. Easy to park too as it comes with rear parking sensors and a kerb mirror at the hood. The car also came with an LCD touch screen monitor, which is good as it plays my favourite DVD's and CD's with Bluetooth and Radio function. However, there are the downsides.. On a HOT day, the car feels like an oven. The single fan is not capable of cooling the whole car on a really hot sunny day, which is very bad as sometimes it gets really stuffy and warm. This agitates me abit, but well, i can't be expecting a Mercedes Benz cooling Airconditioning system in a 1.4L Toyota Rush. So in conclusion, it is a car that is made for fun and practicality.. Not much for its speed and comfort.

- The Price
- The Practicality
- Easy to Drive
- Cheap to Maintain
- Not a Gas Guzzler
- The Fun of it :)

- The air conditiong system
- it cant be driven as fast
- comfort in the car can be improved further

RUSH
 11 Jan 2011

The comfort and the features for this is rather average, but it's the handling and the exterior looks that keep me driving this car for 2 years. i like the exterior look as it gives me a sporty look and this car is damn easy to drive due to is light handling and tall view from the driver position, however, the legroom space is rather small for a height of 180 as i have to push the seat to the back all the way, causing passenger behind me to suffer.

Kerb mirror helps a lot when i'm doing the parallel parking
Engine is quite underpowered but when i'm using the overdrive, overtaking is much easier.
fuel consumption

engine performance
air con
comfort
noisy ride
legroom for drivers and passengers in front and at the back.

Affordable Japan SUV
Premium UserShahrizal
 10 Dec 2009

I bought this Rush ever since it was launch in 2006. Now, I've been driving this car up to Penang Malaysia. At 1st I thought I might need at least 2l engine car but with Rush, hassle free. Further more, I'm not the drive which into performance type. 90% of my car cosmetic is still original especially the engine. I would recomend this car for a 1st time buyer on SUV. Very reliable in every most aspect.

Fuel Saving - Super
Comfort - Good
Interior - Average (A simple plan interior)
Exterior - Good - (Easy to maintain)
Handling - Good - Easy to handle as an SUV
Driving - Good (Especially long distance)

Aircon - only fit in 1 fan. Need to switch full blast on super hot day

Interior - Front seats are bulky with cushions which make the car looks smaller inside.

Noisy while driving long distant.

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »