This is a past / unavailable model
   Consumer Reviews of Chery QQ

2/5 Reliability
2.5/5 Interior Design
3/5 Engine Performance
9 out of 27 (33.3%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »
FiatMan
1 forum posts Joined on 15-Oct-2010
Don't Trust my First Comment in my Chery QQ  Posted on 08 Mar 2011

Well, I tried to buy a Second-Hand Chery QQ within my 20k Budget cause i'm trying to give it a try one last time, Well it is weekend and only cost less then 12k so i have a saving for it's insurance and for the COE to. I paid it off Easily and even enough money to buy a Laptop for my 10 and 9 years old kids. Even Through u drive this car and Doesn't Mean u Don't look Cool, As long u have a car is ok already, If people who are finding A budegt car below 20k Chery QQ is for you.

Even enough money to pay off your House bills.

Cheat

Cute

Spacious

Low FC

Most Of it

XiaoQ
0 forum posts Joined on 11-Nov-2010
My cute QQ  Posted on 11 Nov 2010

Hm... contrary to other QQ owner. i like my cute QQ very much! since i test drive @ the showroom..

It values for money in the long run, help me save money to buy PC, toys for kids. Easy to reverse and park since it's small :) just nice to fit me who is also small too.. so i found it convenient and comfortable..

Anyway, i think we also can't expect too much for other issues as i use it only to ferry me from point A to B.

cute, small, easy to park and reverse

nothing

FiatMan
1 forum posts Joined on 15-Oct-2010
Not Good Car to Own!  Posted on 15 Oct 2010
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

My Dad Brought me this car in 2008. After 3 Months of driving this Car Problem Start Engine not so good, 4 Doors Cannot open. One small accident, engine refuse to start. Brought it to Chery, The Service man Says"Your Car Is fine." I was about to punch his face. So i Sent it to a normal Service Shop. Almost Everything can work for days. Normally 2 people fix a small car or 1. This one almost six to fix this Stupid car.

2009 The Car was Sent to Service again as the aircorn can't be used. Sent it to Ubi to fix it. One Person fix car, say no problem. I pay $100 + to check car only, like BMW price. I don't drive this car anymore as it is park beside Jurong West St 81. Blue and Weekend. I should rather buy Spark. Don't buy or "Doomed"

Nothing At all as it wasted my money!

Everything!

QQrocks
0 forum posts Joined on 13-Sep-2010
My xiaoBai rocks  Posted on 13 Sep 2010

I just bought a 3 year old QQ 0.8L 6 months ago. Its white that's why its called xiaoBai. Contrary to many ppl who write bad things abt the car and did not even own one, I think its value for money.

Servicing is definitely not expensive as it is much cheaper than my husband's toyota at Borneo Motors.

Fuel consumption is ok, I do from 13km/L to 15km/L depending on road conditions.

Reliability is ok. I had to change a bulb once. Otherwise I have nothing much to complain about the car.

I prefer to spend my extra money on travelling and food. rather on cars as cars in Singapore are just way too expensive cos of the COE, ERP etc....

good FC

Turbocharged
6610 forum posts Joined on 11-Jan-2010
This is a Widow Maker.  Posted on 11 Sep 2010
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

My current car is giving me 7.2km per litre and I am in sales job. I reckon that if that I convert my current car to OPC and after all the rebates from LTA, I can get a second car at the same cost per annual. So my 2nd car needs to be cheap, good F/C and google around for small cars....

QQ is one of the non so ideal cars and I would pick by as depreciation is only $2.1K per annual, my savings from the fuel (min $600 per month and if that I drive on weekends only, it will cost me $180 per month {savings on fuel $420 per month)would easily bought me a QQ. Furthermore, my wifey needs to prastice her driving and QQ will brush her skills as it will be too costly (if accident in my current car).
Went to a used car dealer, took it out for test drive.
No power to drive up AML, handling is crap as I almost turtle the car when right turning in a traffic light junction.
How can the car markers design a widow maker??? Other widow makers I know are mostly WRX & EG civic but the power from these cars brings safety at times when you need the power... QQ, you will be stuck in the junction with no power to escape!
I rather drive a Go Kart on roads protected by a helmet then QQ which is a moving coffin.

It scores well in value for money if that you compared it with the cost of car ownership.
But if you it with your life, it scores the lowest... You are really risking everything.

If that I really own this car, I can be the most inconsiderated driver around...
Will be immune to the curse and swear when road hogging.
Can really park along side of those drivers who park off their lots and not afraid of costly repairs.
Can turn on rear fog lights (even when not require)to blind other drivers.
Can squeeze around in jams.
Can drive with big eco in small car.

Myself for doing the above acts mentioned to others.

JSCS
0 forum posts Joined on 22-May-2010
Most UNRELIABLE car I have owned  Posted on 22 May 2010
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

I bought a Chery QQ Amt in October 2007. After driving for a few months, the car started to give problems.

The car just went from 5th gear to neutral, while driving on a highway. Gear cannot be engaged including the Reverse Gear. Car just went dead in the middle of the road.

Many other minor incidents happened thereafter resulting visiting to the VERTEX Service Centre very often. Such problems like:
1. Exhaust pipe broke for no reason
2. 3 out of the 4 doors cannot be opened. - even the service men fixed up wrongly.
3. Gear and Clutch replacement within 3 years???
4. some faulty indicator lights

Recently in 2010, the car went bonkers.
1. The gear cannot be engaged.
2. When engaged, it will jump from gear 1 to 3 then to 5. This causing the car to jerk forward and may cause an accident.
3. If at gear 1, it has no power to pick up or move. It is life threatening when at Traffic light junction when we are wanting to turn and the car just not move
4. At 5th gear, the car (at times) cannot slow down despite braking. This is panic when making turns.

nothing

1. Everything on car quality and performance
2. Life threatening experience driving this car
3. Poor after sales services with no concern of reliability interest to support customer's needs.
4. U need me attitude

Renjie1989
0 forum posts Joined on 27-Apr-2010
If you need a car and can't afford one, this is the one for you  Posted on 28 Apr 2010

As we all know by now, this car is probably the worst car in Singapore. Nobody would like to be seen owning a QQ because it's embarrassing.

The FC is really top class, COE much cheaper definitely. It's tiny built makes it easy for handling and negotiating tight corners. (I don't own a QQ, but I love to park my car beside a QQ coz there's so much parking room).

However, the small built means that you can't expect space and comfort. And the weak engine requires you to be patient on the road because of it's bad performance.

As long as you don't overstress your QQ, driving it like you think you're driving a BMW, your QQ will not die on you. You won't need repairs THAT often. Safety wise it's terrible, but that'll train you to be a safe driver.

If your pride plays a part in choosing a vehicle, then this is not for you.

To sum it up, if you are a cheapo, don't care about car's performance, comfort, have no pride, patient on the road and needs a car badly, this is the perfect car for you.

Super affordable price.
Small built, easy handling.

Design.

JingHng_1990
12 forum posts Joined on 31-Mar-2010
Such an amazing car?  Posted on 01 Apr 2010
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

I test drove this car a fortnight ago. That's only one thing I could say, Cheap. I said cheap, doesn't means cheap and good. The interior standard is very low and boot space is so tiny. The rear seats is cramped and squezzy compared to the one and only Kia Picanto. Why are people picking this instead of the Picanto. Simple! Cheap! Low FC! Think out of the box people!

Nothing at all

Plenty

Vampgen
48 forum posts Joined on 21-Apr-2006
Worst car i ever driven  Posted on 29 Nov 2009
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

QQ the budget car of this century. Being hounored to lend my friend's "wife" (1st car), i brought it out for a "walk". First impression of the car was fairly ok, what do u expect from a small china car with its cost lesser then $25k. What really shock me is the performance and the safety standard of the car.

Body
The body is very weak, perhaps weaker then any car you find on the road. I literatly caused a "dent" on my friends car by resting on it :)

Engine
0.8L engine seems to be a nice size for petrol savings, but to me it gizzle fuel like a 2.0L car. Being small and lack of torque cause you to step harder to bring it further. Not forgetting that it is a really noisy engine :)

Interior
Well, plastic feeling is definate for this car. Imagine you buy a cheap china toy for your kid, look at its finishing. you get what i mean. everything in the car looks fimsly and may break anytime. The car speedo actually stopped working while i was driving and we when back to the service centre.

AFTER SALES.
This is the nightmare. :) How much can a repair cost for a $25k car cost. You will be suprised, the servicing package was comparable to a jap car and mind you the repair cost sounds like you step into Performance Motor to have your "BMW" rectify. The car was just 13mths old and the SPEEDO when bonkers. Repair cost was $400++, the above item is not covered under the "warrenty" category :)

A one day drive of the QQ is enough for me to say that this car is definately not worth buying. Taking the public transport might takes time but i know my life is in safe hands.

I would suggest a Picanto or a Kelisa then this QQ which the counterpart cost less then $15k more.

Size & Price, Nothing else

Plenty....
Most important is the safety standard and lack of spares from stockist.

Every1shop
0 forum posts Joined on 11-May-2008
Most "Reliable?" Car Brought  Posted on 26 Nov 2009
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

Brought this car 2 years back, still driving it now. Living for 24 years, the biggest regrets for buying this car. It's save petrol. But end up paying extra more money to repair.

Save petrol.

Changed Alternator every year for 3rd times already. (Japanese Car owners don't even need to change after 5 years). Broken down on road for 4 times, whats the best thing, broke down Malaysia. Power cut off suddenly.

Changed Brake switch for 2 times in a year. When braking, there won't be any brake lights. The next minute, maybe i am stopping in the middle of the road, taking down your particulars because you kissed my back of car.

Don't know how LTA approve this standard in Singapore when talking about Life and Death.

=Headlights turn yellowish after 1 year.

=Poor After sales service compared to other agent. Buy a brake switch, need 2 hours of waiting. Controlled market for the parts and mark up prices.

CountryMan
0 forum posts Joined on 08-Oct-2009
Great car unappreciated  Posted on 08 Oct 2009

I have been driving a QQ AMT for the past 6 months. I wont say its the best car I have driven but it definitely offer the best value for each of my dollar spent. It shuttles me around very efficiently (~17km/L) on my sales job where I travel quite alot visiting clients. I also have no issue with reliability as I have not experienced any down time for my ride (touch wood). Used to drive a corolla but downgraded after I was retrenched from my previous job. No regrets as now I have more spare cash for other things. (Owning a car in Singapore is damn exp with all the taxes and ERP)

-very fuel efficient
-better ride comfort than I had anticipated for my investment
-good radio
-cute ext design
-comes with fog light

-a little noisy but with my radio switched on the noise fades into backgrd
-immoboliser so replacement is expensive although its a good securty feature.
-steering a little light

Nikos_tan
Premium User Nikos_tan
8 forum posts Joined on 22-Aug-2009
Reliable? Performance? Safety?  Posted on 22 Aug 2009
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

As we all know, China products are getting better and better each day. They have came a long way into making automobiles for a vast majority of consumers.

The Chery QQ is a great example. I have a friend who bought this car and did the same as what the previous reviewer did. He improved the performance and yes, the acceleration from a 0.8cc car is pretty good after the mods. FC as claimed by my friend was about 16km/l.

Comfort wise? For the money, I guess it's reasonable. None of us should expect the level of comfort by a Suzuki Swift for the amount of money invested on this car. That's preposterous.

All in all, I have to say that the money paid for this car is worth it, except for one thing: SAFETY. I am not trying to be bias with China made cars (Geely, Hafei, etc) but even my friend himself admits that when he travels even at 90km/h, he can feel that the car is lifting off and parts sound like they are coming off.

We all have to admit at the goal of what the the purpose of making cars for; to ferry the driver and passenger(s) safely from point A to B. Cars should not be made for the sake of making money. I guess most of us will definitely want to buy a car in SG which has reasonable performance, value for money, good FC and safe to drive. In this car's category, fun to drive is out of the question.

I am rather sad to say when I googled Chery QQ's safety crash tests, it shocked me. I am really urging my friend to change his car, at least to a swift 1.2XG. Take a look at this.

Even their own nationals in China witness their own car's live accident.

I agree that the last video might be over exaggerated but this could happen to anyone. It is not about how well we drive. It is about how people around us drive. We ourselves will have to play a part in driving with caution to ensure road safety.

I would either be changing my car now or doubling my insurance now if I am owning this car. Seriously, if something happens, regrets are too late. When love ones are lost, whatever you've mentioned (performance, good fc, low payment, good investment, features, etc) is not so worth it after all.

Think hard about it.

What you pay is what you get. Nothing much. This car is really value for money. For reviewers who state that this car is crap or such, please revise your sum spent on this vehicle. You should not expect much.

Safety. Thats all.

Dinokoh
0 forum posts Joined on 22-Aug-2009
QQ is a car for you to appreciate.  Posted on 22 Aug 2009

I bought a 2 yrs old second hand OPC QQ (0.8 AMT) few months back and i have to say that my money is well spent.

I paid 7k for the car (& admin), 1.5 k insurance and 1 k more for performance modding.

That coughed up to 9k.

Be realistic, people, with 10k, what can you expect with a car? As I was intially riding big bikes, to me, changing to QQ has increased my safety and also gave me a roof over my head.

Till now, i am pretty happy with my drive. It is easy to handle, nimble, the 'silly' turbo sound and be frank, I get about 20km/l for my QQ. That's much better than my honda Silverwing which consumed 1litre/16km.

My QQ has also became better to drive after my performance upgrading. I have done Voltage Stablizer, grounding, ionic scalar, air charger, fuel enegizer, and exhaust tip extention. I have used it to compete with my friends' civic and my QQ managed to win. Of course, the civic was all original and no mods.

I have seen many posts and I am sorry to say that many people simply think too much of themselves. They passed bad remarks about China products but still uses household items that are 'made in China'. I have seen my friends struggled to pay their monthly installment because they rather get a Subaru rather than QQ. Face it, if you don't have such a big hat, then wear a smaller one.

If i divide the money that i have spent (9k) into installment, i will be paying about $100 a month, and that includes my first insurance! With that amount and road tax and petrol (for an OPC usage), I will be paying about $200 per month!

With that in mind, I just have to say that you pay what you get. QQ is not a completed machine. You have to use it to discover its talent, mod it to your desire and enjoy the ride. All cars have their pros and cons. It makes my blood boils when no one says anything when a Volvo breaks down in the middle of the road but when a QQ breaks down, they will be like, "Ah, China car cannot be trusted'. It is the driver that makes the difference, not the car.

I love everything. From its look to its storage space. I rode 4 pax from changi to jurong and the engine was still running fine.

Aircon is cold, brake is responsive. Not much issue other than those listed below.

To be honest, QQ's engine is really very noisy. Luckly the previous owner has redo the soundproofing, so I basically can only heard the sound coming out from my DVD player.

ALso, I have to agrees with one of the thread poster that QQ is car that you need patience to operate it. It does not always work the way you expect it to. Sometimes, the car will jerk as if you are riding a kangaroo, then at the next stop, the kangaroo seems to have ran away, and everything seems fine again.

Lastly is the stupid stares I got from others. Once, I even got a lady asking me if the car will leak when it rains. Come on, this is a car, chery is not that bad, okay?

Sidney
0 forum posts Joined on 09-Apr-2007
Chery QQ Needs Patient Owners  Posted on 08 Jun 2009

The Chery QQ needs very patient owners. I would consider most car owners spoilt by the choices that they have when it comes to picking their cars.

It is unfair to compare a Chery QQ with other brands like the Toyota Vios and the Honda Civic in the latter are mostly used in driving schools.

The entry of Chery QQ in 2006 makes owning a 4 wheeler possible for those who could not afford the Jap, Korean, and Continental cars in SG.

You would need alot of patience when handling the problems of this car initially. It means sending the car to the workshop to rectify its problems for a few times, to the extent of even giving it up as for my instance. There were several occasions which I contemplated giving it up, as it was very problematic.

It took me almost 2 over years to rectify my car's issues. These problems were caused by poor QC in China. I thought it would be a great loss if I were to give it up for less than 5 years, since I have committed to ownership in 2006. So, I decided to hang on there, despite the car gave me alot of inconvenience.

Modifications of engine such as adding air chargers, and ionic scalar improved the responsivity and overall performance of car. Changing to same diameter tyres with larger width reduced skidding, as contact surface on road increased (This modification was done recently).

A convenient and affordable mode of private transport when I needed it.

All the features that the car has (e.g. 60:40 split folding rear seats, power windows, and global closing function for windows, easy and cheap to maintain and upkeep etc)

Countless trips to the workshop over the last 2 over years.

Cap830
35 forum posts Joined on 19-Mar-2009
A Car you will grow to love  Posted on 16 May 2009
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

This is a vehicle you have to grow into and I'm proud to have done that.

Despite the curious stare and sniffles from other motorists, my QQ has steadfastly exceed my expectations for its price.

Fortunately the various horror stories have not happened to me.

The gearbox is as smooth as milk (untainted) and the engine growls with the ferocity of a Han Dynasty warrior everytime the speedo hits 80km/h.

I like it that way.

After running in, took my chances with this machine to Genting. 2 Pax at the front and 2 loaded into the rear.

Occasionally on the steepest of slopes, it runs out of breath but nothing a bottle of additive (just like ginseng tonic/chicken essence) couldn't solve.

On the way down the brakes perform flawlessly. I believe the DNA of mythical dragon have been incorporated into braking system. Every pump of the pedal is met with instant feel of claws into the tarmac.

The fantastic fuel consumption doesn't hurt. I pump 92 and have managed to contact achieve 23-25km per litre.

I have heard rumors the Chinese engineers have actually tuned the QQ to be even more economical by running on diesel. I don't suggest you try this yet though. I will keep you posted.

The lime green color is eye catching and needless to say I'm a hit with the chicks.

I love my QQ.

1.Wide choice of colours.
2.Personal fav is lime green like Borat's undie.
3.Seats are soft. You sink into them. Difficulty getting up but i like to spend as much time as possible in my QQ.
4.The Han Dynasty war cry at 80km/h

1.The rims. I feel it should be smaller still to enhance the cuteness of the car.

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »