This is a past / unavailable model
Road Test - Toyota Vios 1.5 G LX (A)
17 Aug 2010  |  Toyota Reviews
Always known for its affordability, the Vios is back again with its 2nd generation. We take a drive to see what's new in the latest Vios... Read More
vs
Comparison Tests:
Mazda2 Sedan 1.5 (A) vs Toyota Vios 1.5E (A)
   Consumer Reviews of Toyota Vios

3/5 Reliability
2.5/5
3/5 Interior Design
2.5/5
3.5/5 Engine Performance
35 out of 55 (63.6%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

•  « Back ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 ) Next »
Best FC and Great handling. Value for money (minus the bloody COE)
Premium UserGaolow
 |  3rd Gear |
 02 Jul 2012
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

My first car that I drove during my Driving lesson is none other than VIOS from CDC. I'm a tall guy and at first I thought I going to have difficult time to drive the car due to my height. But surprisingly, it fit me nicely and I still have a good view at the front and rear of the car.
The model that I'm currently driving is a new 2012 VIOS. There some changes but it not a great different as compare to the previous 2012 model. Interior is still remain the same as previous 2010 model. The front grill no change, the HID, a dark color on the side vs transparent on the 2010 model.On the back of the car, some minor change on the car plate side. So I'm not sure why BM want to list as new 2012 VIOS.
Overall, when driving this car, it really suit me as I'm not those that like to zoom zoom ..the car is good enough for family and point A to B. Great FC and handling is good too.

Handling, compact sedan, great FC. The in stock Audio is great! Support USB thumb drive. Sound system average, but good for me to enjoy while driving.
The leg room is good for tall guy like me!!!
The current face lift..when look fron front, it like smile at you :)

Interior can be improve further.
Sound proof still have great space to improve.

Fuel Saver & wonderful car
 11 Dec 2010
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

Its extremely fuel saving with the car being able to clock about 14.6km/l almost everytime. It is a wonderful car to drive and with a nice look especially with its bodykit. Reliable car and powerful when you need it to be.

Fuel savings and nice looks.

Dashboard and control knobs for aircon looks very unprofessional.

Best Fuel Efficiency
 09 Dec 2010
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

What to say when fuel price is all time high!

Fuel Efficiency, fast acceleration and stiffer steering wheel control which means a lot to safety on the road. Kia steering wheel control is too loose and put me off.

Cornering at high speed 100km/hr will get some roll over.

Fuel efficient , nimble, reliable... what more do you want?
 29 Nov 2010
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

Fuel efficient , nimble, reliable... what more do you want?

Average Fuel consumption is 13km+/L , the best is 15km+/L when driving to Seremban Malaysia, to my brother in law home town.

Nimble, this helped after changing to an after market adjustable suspension, + a 17" wheel. this car just superbly easy to control, with a good steering feedback. Saved me from an accident before by quickly diverting to another lane with no car in the way. this car is just very responsive.

This is my side on the experience with the car anyway.

Superbly reliably, in 3 years of this OPC car that is being used, clocked 100,000+ km on the car.. yes i know it's an OPC and yet the miles it is clocked is ridiculous. My brother in law lives in Seremban Malaysia, and he often visit back his parents there ,and in addition to his occasional golf trip in Malaysia.

The only hiccups it have after all that 3 years of abuse are, a worn rear wheel bearing, and a worn Air-con compressor clutch (which is replaced free of charge under warranty )....

What my brother in law love about this car... is that it can fit 2 golf bags in the boot, even the new c-lass is not able to do that. it just got a lot of space in the boot.

On long journey, above 3000rpm, have to turn up the volume of the radio a bit. it just need a little more sound proofing in the firewall, and a bit more around the wheel arch of the car..
the bottom line.. need more sound proofing

Reliable brand, Fuel conserving
Premium UserCtong1976
 24 Nov 2010
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

Toyota Vios is my first car, and has so far been very reliable. The performance is satisfactory and the fuel consumption was the pull factor for me. It is ideal family car for me since there are 3 members in my family. Only gripe is the soundproofing is not very good, can hear a lot of road noise when driving but it not a major problem after I turn on the radio

Fuel saving