This is a past / unavailable model
   Consumer Reviews of Proton Persona

3.5/5 Reliability
3/5 Interior Design
4/5 Engine Performance
13 out of 14 (92.9%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

•  « Back ( 1 2 3 ) Next »
best bang for the hard-earned buck !
 13 Feb 2011

I bought a second-hand Persona Hi-line AT several months earlier at a very good bargain price. For such price, this automobile gives me quality, condition and features. It comes standard with ABS, EBD, disc brakes on all wheels, dual airbag, audio switch on steering wheel, remote trunk opening, alarm, auto door lock, good quality audio system (made by Blaupunkt).
Spare parts are also affordable. I agree that boot space is spacious.
Performance is quite good for me. Accelerate to 130 km/h is relatively easy, and cruising is very stable at that speed. Handling and cornering is good.
In a nutshell, I don't complain for all I've got in this car for that price !
As far as after sales service goes, some improvements must be made when it comes to quality of work in major Proton Edar Indonesia workshop.

Features, price,

NONE

Great Time to Buy!
 13 Feb 2011

I Brought it in Singapore, During the Low COE and the Proton Exora. Only the Exora is weekend. The Proton Persona Is Great brought it Manual Transmission Previously Owned a Proton Gen-2 Which is Like the Same of this Car but.

This Car is Much Better I Drove this to Work Every WeekDays. Fetch my Wife From Work All. Even when i drove midnight is Safe for me in a 1.6M Proton. The Boot is big. I Was Late for Work In Friday I Drove like 120km Is Stable. I Drove this to KL Most of the Time to meet my Brother In Law Drove it to 160Km Which Is Stable. Fetch My Kids From School and they Don't Complain about this Car. It's A Budget Family Car. My Son which is 21years old. He Drove my Car to Buy Food and Fetch My Little 9 and 10years old kids.

Everything.

Nothing.

Above average sedan car under 1.6
 29 Jun 2010

Recently Proton MY just released their facelift Persona Elegance with different grills, fog lights, rear LED type lights, minor upgrade interior, 2 din blaupunkt audio with integrated bluetooth, USB and ipod connection to the car. The side mirror also spotted with indicators to keep up with trend. However we've yet to see in SG, But anyway i've drive my friend's Persona H-Line 1.6AT as a co-driver during our inaugral trip to Pahang recently along with 1 Exora and a Honda Fit 1.3. What i can say the handling is superb compared to Wira or Waja. On a certain extend i push the car to almost 145kmh on our way there. Comfort wise i give 4.5 stars for a Malaysian made car that totally change my perception towards Malaysian car that is Proton. However there's room for more improvement and i notice SG Proton is slacking in bringing more facelift models suchs as the black roof GEN2 CPS/Satria Neo CPS/Saga SE/ or even H-line Exora, C'mon in current COE prices there's need to upgrade more accessories for buyer to consider buy! BTW Persona is a good buy if you're searching for no frills sedan.

Comfort, Handling, Boot space. Auto cruise for Auto. ABS is very effective

Pricing, lack of accessories. With the current crap COE prices its wiser for SG Proton to upgrade the car with 16 inch rims, Audio with bluetooth/ipod connection/GPS. Rear lights should consider LED just like the aftermarket ones.

Value for money car and feels good too.
 25 Jan 2010

Proton persona is the improved version both mechanically and physically of the proton GEN2 by the consumer's feedbacks.
The persona has curves and body shape which is reasonably sized. It has an engine with good response and is very good on the highway.
Actually, it has good looks.
Good lotus suspension.
This car has many competitors such as the nissan sunny, kia cerato forte and hyundai avante. All offers good value for money. but persona has lotus suspension that the others dont have and has unique looks.

Lotus suspension (the cheapest brand new lotus car cost well over 200 thousand singapore dollars)

Unique looks that sets you thinking about what car design is really like

hydraulic boot hinges for more luggage space.

Improved version of proton's Gen2 from the feedbacks of customers.

good handling and steering feel

good fuel efficiency.

Silver is a nice colour.

Good air intake camPRO engine developed by PROTON company itself with 110 bhp.

Small car category with big car feel.

Front wheel drive, easy to do handbrake manouvers without damaging the car.

Very reliable. Spare parts just across the custom.

still has 3 year warranty(as of now)

nothing.

Buy the Persona IAFM
 |  4th Gear |
 15 Oct 2009

Rent my Uncle 1 month old Persona IAFM yesterday. Drove to SG to Pontian through and fro. FC is simply superb better than the first batch w/o IAFM i pressume. Use 6.6 litres for 100km(auto) of journey with just K&N drop in filter and 16 Enkei inch rims. Driving position is slightly better. Comfort wise is above average. Pick up a bit better than the previous one.

FC for a 1.6cc sedan. Comfort especially on long journeys.

Engine still using the old campro with just IAFM enhancement. Should upgrade to CPS one.

•  « Back ( 1 2 3 ) Next »