This is a past / unavailable model
Triple Drive - Honda Accord 2.0, 2.4 and 3.5L-V6
23 Apr 2008  |  Honda Reviews
Having been stereotyped as one of those 'uncle' cars in the past, the 8th Gen Accord is back, and with spunky measure too, as our lady writer discovers...
vs
Comparison Tests:
Honda Accord 2.0 and Toyota Camry 2.0
   Consumer Reviews of Honda Accord

3.5/5 Reliability
3.5/5 Features
3.5/5 Interior Design
2.5/5 Engine Performance
8 out of 12 (66.7%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

•  « Back ( ) Next »
SGCMmrhonda
Premium User SGCMmrhonda
186 forum posts Joined on 30-May-2009
Good handling and features  Posted on 15 Mar 2013

Got a chance to drive my cousin's new car. Driving is good with the handling of the vehicle. I feel it is a comfortable ride for daily usage. Good pick up speed and I feel it is more spacious as compared to similar car models.

Good handling and features

Conventional Exterior styling

Dchum
1 forum posts Joined on 12-Feb-2009
A car that meet my needs  Posted on 18 Jul 2012

This review is based on my personal experiences on the 2.4L version I bought. The car seem to have some features that I fancy in a car (though modest I would say) - eg memory seat, auto headlights, auto wipers, dual zone air-conditioning, auto-tilt rear view mirrors while reversing, without the need to buy expensive continental cars or Lexus. Memory seat is particularly useful as my wife drives the car as much as I do. The big boot helps as we do lots of road trips with a little toddler (whose luggage seem to be more than me and my wife combined).
Pickup speed is decent. Road holding quite impressive, however steering is a little loose at 90 - 100 km/hr, so much more minor adjustments. Some shuddering during braking even though I wasn't too hard on the brakes). Fairly long wheelbase and stiff suspension, so less body roll and better control at bents. Spacious interior and decent air conditioning (dual zone and vents for the rear too). Stock stereo is decent, however if you fancy putting in an ICE, there is no short of space to install. FC is approximately 10.0km/L based on mixed city/expressway driving, which is acceptable for cars with this engine size. Did not notice much difference in FC if you drive on NS highway for 3-4 hours (at 120km/hr).

Big cabin and boot space, big engine (can try it out at NS highway), good road holding, good control while cornering, features. Proper safety belts for the center seat at the back row. Can seat two adults and a child seat at the back row comfortably, or three adults. One additional 12V pt to charge mobile phones in the center storage.

Steering at moderate speeds is little loose, frequent minor adjustments required. Plastic in the interior scratch easily. Difficult to fit in car park lots with high kerbs (the mud flap will get caught), difficult to get in/ out of car if adjacent cars are not parked properly. Lack of air con vents on the middle pillars (think I saw these in Volvo S80s). The slightly low torque.

Phcar
5 forum posts Joined on 31-Aug-2011
Lexus  Posted on 14 Sep 2011
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

Honda a premium Japanese make cars that are well known over Asia. It was a surprised to own a almost brand new Accord that were known to built in Thailand! You couldn't believe it when you really drive it and have a proper feel of it. Exterior and interior were okay, performance is out at high speed with light steering feel. you can forget about occupied passengers that fill the entire seats, it slowed down so much then expected.
The frightening part is when you stop at a junction with the D engaged, the whole car is shriveling as if it has catch a cold!
The entire door panels and roof that looks nice but lwhen you step in and close the door, the side mirror shakes, all these are actual ack of proper insulation and when it rains, you will feel that you are actually under a zine roof!
Mine is a 2.4L version, I wonder how does it affect on the 2.0L version, I guess nightmare!
I believe having a premium Japanese brand product but made in Thailand should be carefully build to Japnese standards and not just by counting on lower cost of building it! I hope to see and feel a better Honda in the near future.

Exterior and interior.

Babyt
Turbocharged
7567 forum posts Joined on 24-Aug-2007
Biggest sedan of all japanese sedans.  Posted on 27 May 2011

I sold off my Nissan Qashqai and brought this Honda Accord. I understand there is a facelift but yet to launch in SG so not waiting to wait, I brought this 2008 design. My dad and I were deciding between Camry and Accord but we dropped of Camry in the end because it is used by taxis and the interior is too woody and boring.

Teana is using CVT and we dropped the idea as the previous Qashqai on CVT does not allow us to dash when we need to.

Mazda6 was not in our list because my dad still think their fc sucks.

I wouldnt want to list out all the likes as most features of Accord can be found in Camry, Teana and Mazda 6 (more or less comparable features). The deciding factor is that its a HONDA and also ...

- Biggest sedan of all japanese sedans of the same class.
- The front grille looks good to me.
- Doors close with a nice thud like Contin car.

- Too big size until you need to find a good lot to park this car.
- Rear is ugly
- Stock tyres are noisy
- Steering gets lighter above 80km/hr.
- 2.0l is a tad sluggish when on full load.
- No keyless entry.
- Gear switching and pulling of hand brake require some strength. Some may like the tight feeling as it gives a sense of well built.

FiatMan
1 forum posts Joined on 15-Oct-2010
Good Car With Reliable Performance  Posted on 03 Mar 2011

Ok, Now i Think the COE went up. Drove this Car to Johor The Pick Up was Great.

Only Thing When I pick up my Children The car seemed Heavy, And driving to Genting( Karak Highway) and (North-South Highway) Drove 160km the Car looks Slow But The Heavier your Car is and It weighs more then a Ton you will cry for Your Petrol. By the way I'm not accusing this Car but it's fine. It's Ok for your family, Trust me.

1: The Pick Up

2: Large Boot

3: Big engine

4: 2.4

5: Parking Easy with the LCD Screen.

1: The Fuel You Can Cry.

2: Heavy The Pick Is Pathetic

3: The Price

Rising
0 forum posts Joined on 23-Aug-2010
Largest sedan ever driven  Posted on 02 Oct 2010

Drive is engaging given its size. If afforable go for 2.4 (without stressing the car).

Ride can be noisy on certain road due to poor insulation.

Torque could be better in order for more pleasant ride.

1) Lengthy Head Light (with LED even better)
2) Rear Light (resemble of 7 series)
3) Classy cabin (especially in black)
4) Spacious cabin (easily 3 adults behind)
5) Sound system
6) Handling (given its size)

1) Lack of torque
2) No dual exhaust
3) Nicer sport rim

DimpleGuy
0 forum posts Joined on 08-May-2010
Nearly targeted Honda Accord  Posted on 08 May 2010
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

I was procrastinating between buying a Honda Accord 2000cc and a 1.8T Audi. Oil consumption is a frightening experience for me.
Thanks to all for putting up the review so that I know the pros and cons of this car. I thought that since they can make Honda Jazz or Fit to save oil petrol, they would have the know-how to ensure that all cars will not make drivers bleed.
Instead I was distraught to see that it actually is not oil-consumption conscious. What a disappointment!

Somchaijay
0 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Why So Expensive?  Posted on 26 Dec 2009

Accord 2.0 price can buy Camry or Teana 2.4 already

Why so expensive ?

Made in Thailand same as Camry, how come price soooo much different? In Thai market, Camry & Accord about same price.

Why in Singapore market, Accord has to be higher than Camry?

Interior, performance & handling

Exterior and price

200833
0 forum posts Joined on 16-Apr-2009
Pls read this before you buy it (not for uncles)  Posted on 30 Mar 2009

i have been driving honda cars from civics to accord. I have switch from the previous 2.4 accord to the current 2008 2.4 model

1)The smoothness of the engine at high revs

2)the lovely paddle shifters/strut bar

3)finally a high cam lobe for the exhaust... true vtec

4)The handling of the car at corners was excellent given its size

5)the excellent sound system

1)When its rains, the roof sound like when water lands on a zinc roof (pls do something about it HONDA! ITS SOUNDS LIKE A CHEAP CAR)

2)The lack of torque and pick up even with the use of paddles shifters at lows revs as compare to the previous model

3)Those ugly rims (i have changed it after getting my car)

Soldier69
0 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Makes you lose money on fuel  Posted on 15 Dec 2008
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

I have owened a previous Honda back in 2003 and they have not done much about the Bigger CC cars having a greater fuel consumption. I was actually looking forward to the great fuel economy Honda so openly boasts about, however am driving the accord 2.4 2008 model, and i am having only 8km/L on the average. City driving and it's 7.5km/L. Trust me i would rather get a Mazda 6 for the petrol this guy drinks. However, i don't feel a thing driving this car. Comfortable to the max. I feel, this car is overpriced and is not for those who wanna upgrade. Definitely for the well-to-do and uncles who are Accord fans. By the way am only 27yr old. take it from me. 3 out of 5 overall.

Nothing much. Maybe the Double exhaust i put on myself.

The fuel consumption

Cedricchoo
5 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Good value for money  Posted on 02 Nov 2008

Ride is very comfortable. Suspension is comfort based but can handle sharp corners very well too.

Road noise is generally minimal, unless you travel on extremely bad roads.

Front driving view is also very good, A-pillars are quite thin, car bonnet is sloping towards the front.

There are quite a number of cool gadgets and features that are not written or advertised until you own an Accord and experience it yourself.

Defintely a good car from Honda.

You can actually open all windows with your transponder build-in master car key. This is very handy in Singapore especially if you have parked your Accord under the hot sun. From a distance, you can open the windows to cool the interior.

Passenger side mirror tilt on reverse. Useful feature especially when you are parallel parking the car with the curb on the passenger side.

Very good leg and head room for rear passengers.

Boot space is huge!

Roof should be better insulated. When it rains, it sounds like you are in an zinc roofed house.

No fuel economy display.

No LCD screen + reverse camera. Quite difficult to reverse park in tight HBD carparks.

Rear seats folds down full, better if seats split 60/40.

Izzist
Premium User Izzist
2 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Most reliable, luxurious looking car I've Owned  Posted on 19 Jul 2008

The Drive is quiet, Road Handling is fantastic. When there's a Downpour, i experience the safety of the Wheels and the Wipers did great to ensure my Visibility are never compromised.

I like the Comfort and external Noise-Rejection in the car when i'm driving. I've a space of my own.

The Torque.