This is a past / unavailable model
Triple Drive - Honda Accord 2.0, 2.4 and 3.5L-V6
23 Apr 2008  |  Honda Reviews
Having been stereotyped as one of those 'uncle' cars in the past, the 8th Gen Accord is back, and with spunky measure too, as our lady writer discovers... Read More
vs
Comparison Tests:
Honda Accord 2.0 and Toyota Camry 2.0
   Consumer Reviews of Honda Accord

3.5/5 Reliability
3.5/5 Features
3.5/5 Interior Design
2.5/5 Engine Performance
8 out of 12 (66.7%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

•  « Back ( 1 2 3 ) Next »
Good handling and features
Premium UserSGCMmrhonda
 |  5th Gear |
 15 Mar 2013
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

Got a chance to drive my cousin's new car. Driving is good with the handling of the vehicle. I feel it is a comfortable ride for daily usage. Good pick up speed and I feel it is more spacious as compared to similar car models.

Good handling and features

Conventional Exterior styling

A car that meet my needs
 18 Jul 2012
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

This review is based on my personal experiences on the 2.4L version I bought. The car seem to have some features that I fancy in a car (though modest I would say) - eg memory seat, auto headlights, auto wipers, dual zone air-conditioning, auto-tilt rear view mirrors while reversing, without the need to buy expensive continental cars or Lexus. Memory seat is particularly useful as my wife drives the car as much as I do. The big boot helps as we do lots of road trips with a little toddler (whose luggage seem to be more than me and my wife combined).
Pickup speed is decent. Road holding quite impressive, however steering is a little loose at 90 - 100 km/hr, so much more minor adjustments. Some shuddering during braking even though I wasn't too hard on the brakes). Fairly long wheelbase and stiff suspension, so less body roll and better control at bents. Spacious interior and decent air conditioning (dual zone and vents for the rear too). Stock stereo is decent, however if you fancy putting in an ICE, there is no short of space to install. FC is approximately 10.0km/L based on mixed city/expressway driving, which is acceptable for cars with this engine size. Did not notice much difference in FC if you drive on NS highway for 3-4 hours (at 120km/hr).

Big cabin and boot space, big engine (can try it out at NS highway), good road holding, good control while cornering, features. Proper safety belts for the center seat at the back row. Can seat two adults and a child seat at the back row comfortably, or three adults. One additional 12V pt to charge mobile phones in the center storage.

Steering at moderate speeds is little loose, frequent minor adjustments required. Plastic in the interior scratch easily. Difficult to fit in car park lots with high kerbs (the mud flap will get caught), difficult to get in/ out of car if adjacent cars are not parked properly. Lack of air con vents on the middle pillars (think I saw these in Volvo S80s). The slightly low torque.

Lexus
 14 Sep 2011
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? No

Honda a premium Japanese make cars that are well known over Asia. It was a surprised to own a almost brand new Accord that were known to built in Thailand! You couldn't believe it when you really drive it and have a proper feel of it. Exterior and interior were okay, performance is out at high speed with light steering feel. you can forget about occupied passengers that fill the entire seats, it slowed down so much then expected.
The frightening part is when you stop at a junction with the D engaged, the whole car is shriveling as if it has catch a cold!
The entire door panels and roof that looks nice but lwhen you step in and close the door, the side mirror shakes, all these are actual ack of proper insulation and when it rains, you will feel that you are actually under a zine roof!
Mine is a 2.4L version, I wonder how does it affect on the 2.0L version, I guess nightmare!
I believe having a premium Japanese brand product but made in Thailand should be carefully build to Japnese standards and not just by counting on lower cost of building it! I hope to see and feel a better Honda in the near future.

Exterior and interior.

Poor engine performance.
Insulation.
Road holding.
Braking performance.
Turning radius.

Biggest sedan of all japanese sedans.
 |  Turbocharged |
 27 May 2011
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

I sold off my Nissan Qashqai and brought this Honda Accord. I understand there is a facelift but yet to launch in SG so not waiting to wait, I brought this 2008 design. My dad and I were deciding between Camry and Accord but we dropped of Camry in the end because it is used by taxis and the interior is too woody and boring.

Teana is using CVT and we dropped the idea as the previous Qashqai on CVT does not allow us to dash when we need to.

Mazda6 was not in our list because my dad still think their fc sucks.

I wouldnt want to list out all the likes as most features of Accord can be found in Camry, Teana and Mazda 6 (more or less comparable features). The deciding factor is that its a HONDA and also ...

- Biggest sedan of all japanese sedans of the same class.
- The front grille looks good to me.
- Doors close with a nice thud like Contin car.

- Too big size until you need to find a good lot to park this car.
- Rear is ugly
- Stock tyres are noisy
- Steering gets lighter above 80km/hr.
- 2.0l is a tad sluggish when on full load.
- No keyless entry.
- Gear switching and pulling of hand brake require some strength. Some may like the tight feeling as it gives a sense of well built.

Good Car With Reliable Performance
 03 Mar 2011
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

Ok, Now i Think the COE went up. Drove this Car to Johor The Pick Up was Great.

Only Thing When I pick up my Children The car seemed Heavy, And driving to Genting( Karak Highway) and (North-South Highway) Drove 160km the Car looks Slow But The Heavier your Car is and It weighs more then a Ton you will cry for Your Petrol. By the way I'm not accusing this Car but it's fine. It's Ok for your family, Trust me.

1: The Pick Up

2: Large Boot

3: Big engine

4: 2.4

5: Parking Easy with the LCD Screen.

1: The Fuel You Can Cry.