Road Test - Proton Exora 1.6 (A)
14 Nov 2009  |  Proton Reviews
We’ve driven the Exora before but only briefly back in August. It left our editor with a positive first impression but will the extended time spent with it on local roads change those good vibes? Read More
   Consumer Reviews of Proton Exora

4/5 Reliability
3.5/5 Features
4/5 Interior Design
4.5/5 Engine Performance
10 out of 10 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »
Exora bold manual should be brought in too
 |  4th Gear |
 11 May 2013
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

After owning both the Exora Bold CFE and Preve CFE I find the Exora CFE is adequate for full load mpv.Though there's room for improvement Proton should consider push start button for the Exora.Although pick up can do a lot better I can't complain much as its only a light turbo single from a 1561cc engine.Body weight is also heavy at 1471kg for a 1.6 mpv.You only notice the powerband when the car is above 1900-2100 rpm.Driving from 70-120kmh is such an ease with no problem at overtaking from speed suchs as 100kmh.Dashboard can do much better.Only hiccup is the fanbelt which is only considered a sub standard.Theres no engine bay flooring to protect belting from water.My advice is to buy those belt spray and use it only if u hear a squeaking sound during warm up.

Space,reverse cam and comfy for long journey.

Lack of power full load when car accelerate,Power only kicks in after 1900-2100rpm.Should have use conventional 5 or 6 speed auto rather than cvt.Overall quite happy as I also bought the Preve CFE.My friend go for dyno and quite surprised when the torque can achieve more than 225nm.Its the punch cvt3 gearbox that have restrict to 220nm.

A Great Car
Premium UserCoolpica
 |  5th Gear |
 27 Apr 2013
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

It is more spacious than its peers, such as Wish or Stream. It costs much less than WIsh and Stream. Being cheaper doesnt't mean the Exora's quality is below par. I would rate it on par with its competitor.

Spaciousness
Availabilit of Rear AIrcon
Good legroom for 3rd row passengers

Slow pickup
More insulation would be good

A trusty good car.
 |  Neutral Newbie |
 26 Mar 2013
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

I few months ago I test drive my brother Proton Exora in Malaysia. His car was the previous generation but it was a good car. Took it on the highway and the car was very stable at speed. Back in Singapore I went to look out for a good deal for an Proton Exora. I wanted this new generation but a few months ago COE was high. I decided to look at the second-hand market. I traded in my 2006 Vios for an 2009 Exora. It was a great deal. It was a basic car, which I like, my 2 kids like the car. It was spacious and now we can buy more things in Ikea or Courts. With the 3rd row seats down to me is a good amount of space unlike some people. I installed a touch-screen head unit and a DVD Player mounted on the top of the car. The car is also great for a long journey drive. Drove from Singapore to Ipoh for 6 hours. I have to admit I needed to top-up fuel on the way but only 1 time. The leather seat makes it very comfortable and the high-seat position. May be a struggle when carrying 7/8 passenger. I noticed that the car engine was too weak to bring 7 or 8 people. I guess if I was driving from Singapore to KL with 7 or 8 passenger on board I have to stop for petrol for about 2 to 3 times? The Puny 15 inch rims have to go. I change to 18 inch rims with Continental tire. Overall, the car is great for long journey if you are carrying only 4 people including driver and both rear passenger and passenger. The air corn in the car is cold and space is great with the dual glove box. Recommend this car to anyone who is trying to find a cheap good MPV for a cheap price.

1) Leather Seat.
2) Cheap maintenance.
3) High seat position.
4) Good at cornering.
5) Cheap price to buy.
6) Nice for long journey if not more than 6 passenger.
7) Cheap road tax if OPC like my car.
8) A reasonable boot space.
9) Double glove box.
10) Very spacious in car.

1) Be better if have more horsepower as it will be smooth with more than 6 passengers int he car.
2) Rival is Honda Stream which has more horsepower and better fuel economy than Exora if carrying a lot of passenger.
3) Be better with a turbo like the new one. And if anyone is planning to buy a Exora Bold get the CFE as it got Turbo.
4) Interior Plastic could be improved
5) Puny 15 inch rims.( Be better if standard have 16 inch)

Comfortable and Value for Money
Premium UserMandrew
 |  2nd Gear |
 07 Dec 2012
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

Was driving the Exora CPS for 1.5yrs and traded in for New Exora CFE (Bold).
Very stable vehicle with good space.
Made few comfortable trips to KL. Trip also include to Genting and Cameroon with 5 members. The seating positions are very comfortable and doesn't feel any tiredness.
The lack of power in CPS engine is overcomed by the CFE engine which kicks in Turbo at 2000RPM and with CVT gear box (engine redesigned with the help of Lotus).
Able to get 100km for 8.7 to 9.3 liters (based on the Car fuel calculator).
Comes in 16in tyres with all Disc brakes.
Good room space for 7 members (the 3rd row not for fully grown ups, but better than Toyota Wish or other 1.8 liters).
Overall, the Exora CFE(BOLD) is a good all rounder in that category and moreover value for money.

The price.
The ride in SAT mode.
Good Handling.
Seating positions and comfortability.
Inbuilt roof DVD and 3rd row A/c vent.
Built in Reverse Camera LCD in Rear view.

The plastic interiors.
Average Sound proofing (improved compared to old CPS version).
The front design.

Great Car!
 |  Neutral Newbie |
 13 Feb 2011
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

Last Week, During Chinese New Year I Drove to Cameron Highlands in Malaysia Traffic Jam In 1st Link. After A few Hours I Reach there. I went there for a Holiday And waiting my bro to bring me to his home. I waited about Half and Hour which is thirty Minutes. He told me that His Going to drive his Wira. Which He Brought 10years ago. He told me if i can drive his Exora. I Took out all my Bags. My Family Shift in the Exora. Start to On the car. The FC is Good. When i drove 120km in The Exora It was Great That A 1.6A Exora drove 120km With it's Small Tyre. The Car is Stable like my Fiat Punto. I Drove to Kuala Lumpur Which is Quite Far. I Overtook Many Cars. I Even Managed to reach 180km, Decide to Slow down and Stop in One Destination Where i Can Have a Tea. My Siblings came there. I know that 1.6 Is like to Small for Big Seven seat like this. The Car is Great. Even when i'm driving up Genting Highland i don't even need to bring to 3. I Planning to buy it in Singapore, planning to Trade in my 2005 Toyota Camry. Which is Worthless now. People Rather Buy Golf VW.

Everything.

Using Campro engine and The Small Pathetic Tyre.

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »