Road Test - Opel Zafira Tourer 1.4 Turbo Panoramic Roof (A)
21 Aug 2012  |  Opel Reviews
The past two years or so was VW's rolling good time in this mid-sized MPV segment. Now Opel's Zafira arrives, threatening to steal some numbers. Read More
   Consumer Reviews of Opel Zafira Tourer

4/5 Reliability
4.5/5 Features
4/5 Interior Design
5/5 Engine Performance
2 out of 2 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

•  « Back ( ) Next »
A great-performance MPV!!!
 |  Neutral Newbie |
 23 Jan 2013
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

The last time I wrote the review was purely based on test-driving. This time round will be based on my past 5 months driving experience with this MPV.

Everything is pretty good and up to expectation except for 2 things.

1. The air-con automatic control (Climate Control) is terribly calibrated. You cannot use the AUTO mode because whatever is indicated on the console is not the real temperature that you are experiencing within the car. For example, when it is obviously hot (say 28 Degrees), it will indicate as probably 24 Degrees. Thus the fan speed will be switched to low.

Hence, I have never used the AUTO mode from then on! I always manually control the fan speed. The fan is terribly noisy!!! So noisy such that I have to raise my voice by quite a lot to talk to the passenger beside me or at the back!

2. The fuel consumption is the same as my previous 2L car or even worse. So rather disappointed with that.

Other than these, the rest are pretty ok. You do feel the power. I must admit it is indeed more powerful than my previous 2L car. Great stability and turning. Hard and heavy body, thus you do feel safe. Ideal for a small family.

Feature-wise is good. Even though there is a parallel parking assistant function, but I think I can park faster and precise than it. So I do not use it. But good for those who really needs help with parallel parking. The panoramic view is still the feature I like best and also most liked by everyone who sits in this MPV.

I will await my first servicing and hopefully they can help me address the air-con issue.

Please refer to above.

Please refer to above.

Definitely a MPV worth your consideration!!!
 |  Neutral Newbie |
 29 Jun 2012
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

Due to my growing family size and nature of my work ( I need to use car to fetch my customers around), MPV is the way to go for me. With the high COE, to be frank, I was quite put off initially. The piece of paper is already higher than the car value!

With the needs in mind,I started to research into all MPVs in the market. Hoping to find one that is not too expensive yet safe to drive in and with good performance. Sounds tough!

For the past 1 month,going through all the reviews (both written and video),test drove quite a few MPVs - Wish,S-Max,Galaxy,Mazda 5 & 8,I finally made my decision. Opel 3rd Generation Zafira 1.4 Turbocharged.

Main reasons:

1. After test-driving it twice,I conclude that the turbo definitely gives the car the power similar to the 2L Japanese sedan that I am currently driving!

2. According to specs, it is fuel-efficient (About 13.88km/L). This is very crucial to me as I will be driving around with just 2 persons (including myself) during my main course of work. So I guess even with 4-7 persons in this car,my fuel efficiency at most drop to same as my current car (About 10km/L). On the whole,I still save!

3. Many of the MPVs can't really sit 2 adults at the 3rd row. But the new Zafira can!

4. With the throwing-in of 3-yrs free of maintenance and 5-yrs warranty, there will be additional saving for me.

5. Beside the attractive launch price discount, the fixed sunroof and panaromic view at the 1st row,with parking assistant (Parallel) and forward alert, certainly define a better enjoyment in driving for both me and my passengers.

6. When I bought,the package does include GPS and reverse camera. Not sure if it is still available now.

Geberally, I feel that this is a perfect MPV for a smally family to start off with. Road tax is so cheap too compared to other MPVs which are usuall 1.8L and above.

Beside the 6 points that I have elaborated in my core Review section, I also like the anti-glare technology in the rearview mirror and the blind-spot alert function in the 2 side mirrors!

There is also 2nd row aircon. But according to my wife,she feels that it is a bit weak. I guess I will find that out more when I get my car and drive a while.

There are 2 MPVs in the market that are sporty-look - Ford S-Max and Opel Zafira. So sporty-look,which makes the MPV not MPV-look, is a plus point!

I like the 'Glass' feeling. Another car that has similar feel will be Citreon Grand C4 Picasso.

I like the 17" sport rim alloy wheel. Some MPVs really have too small rim - 15"! I guess I do not wanna name them. The car so big, the wheel so small. You decide.

No keyless start/stop (Not a must. But because I have driving such a car for the past 3 yrs, I guess I just have to adjust myself!)

No Back sliding door. (Will be good to have. But no car is perfect. So just have to set my priorities right.)

If the model of Zafira that the agent is bringing in has the 'Lounge Seating' in the 2nd row, that would be perfect for me! Basically, there is a model that the middle seat of the 2nd row can be converted into armrests for the other 2 seats in the 2nd row.

The glove box should really be bigger although there are already many storage compartments to make up for it.

•  « Back ( ) Next »