Related Articles

The Mitsubishi Attrage: Loved by everyone

Mitsubishi Attrage now available in Singapore

Mitsubishi opens new showroom in Alexandra

Tippling Club named number 31 in the World’s 50 Best Bars 2017

Car Review - Mitsubishi Attrage 1.2 CVT (A)
06 Jul 2015  |  Mitsubishi Reviews
Will the Mitsubishi Attrage do things differently enough to be a strong seller? We run around in it to see what this compact sedan can do.
   Consumer Reviews of Mitsubishi Attrage

3.5/5 Reliability
3.5/5 Features
3.5/5 Interior Design
4.5/5 Engine Performance
10 out of 11 (90.9%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

Jeremy0512
Premium User Jeremy0512
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Dec-2016
A Value-for-Money Car Offering Comfort, Reliability & Fuel Efficiency  Posted on 12 Dec 2016

Come across Attrage during Nov 2016 Car Show at Singapore Expo. My first impression is: "Not Bed!"

Proceed to test drive this fashionable ECO Sedan the following weekend. With a 1.2L DOHC 3-cylinder in line 12-valve MIVEC engine, its Power (78Ps) & Torque (100Nm) may seemed unimpressive but the drive is comfortable & fun. Thank to its INVECS-III CVT gearbox, acceleration / deceleration become silky smooth. Class leading turning radius of 4.8m make it easy to make U-turns & cut corners in tight Singapore road conditions. Do not expect it to offer fast pickup though as 0-100Km requires 14 seconds. Overall, I had an agile & relaxed drive!

Externally, Attrage looks simple but modern. Its front grill offers onlookers with a "Smiley face" That would cheer anybody up. It's aerodynamic body allows it to slip through the wind and lower noise, raise fuel efficiency, while enhance handling stability. With a solid RISE constructed body of high tensile strength steel weighting only 905Kg, no wonder Attrage could offer 20.8Km/L fuel ecomony.

Internally, Attrage offers ample legrooms front & back for up to 5 passengers. Its a pleasant surprise to see Attrage equipped with Keyless Entry, Start/Stop Engine Button, Full Auto Air-conditioner and a sizable 450L boot space.

Overall, Attrage is an excellent little work horse offering safe & comfortable transportation from point A to point B. For those in need of an entry level but well equipped car with large boot space and superb fuel efficiency, Attrage is an ideal choice.

I had placed my order and had secured a COE for an Attrage. Would you follow suit?

Well Equipped
Excellent 20.8/Km Fuel Economy
Ample legrooms for front & back passengers
Simple but Modern Design

mingweisoo
Premium User mingweisoo
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Nov-2016
RE: Who should buy this car?  Posted on 02 Dec 2016

First off, you are a university student that just graduated, and looking for a job. Face with many options and opportunities, you decide to try your luck and become an entrepreneur. So you start with sales, but you need a car and you do not have much capital. This car solves all problems, it can seat five people, which means it can sit your customers, it is fuel efficient, so it will not burn a hole in your pocket. The price of this car even with COE is very value for money as compared to other compact sedans in the same category. If you need to travel a lot and want to spent the least, Mistubishi Attrage is the choice for you!

-Fuel efficency

-A bit old-fashioned(obiang)

Liaoyuean
Premium User Liaoyuean
0 forum posts Joined on 13-Nov-2007
Currently best priced car.  Posted on 21 Nov 2016

Went for a test drive and found that its quite ok to drive. 42L of fuel means monthly, in a worst case scene, you will spend like $90sgd / week, = $360/ month. In addition to the monthly loan payment. With a rod tax of $506/yr = $42/ month, carpark is about $110/month. Really a POINT A to POINT B car cannot say too much already. Its way cheaper den 2nd hand in the whole market. Not forgetting this is with 10-year COE. Do some sums and you will know what i mean. However must take sometime to adapt to the drive... Its really a 3-cylinder engine mated to a CVT gearbox....

1. friendly sales from UBI.
2. practicality
3. fuel consumption
4. price
5. Capacity to sit 5 adults comfortably
6. car price now with all things that a driver needs.
7. keyless entry

1. high insurance premium. quoted $1200+ after 40% NCD
2. vibrating steering
3. NO passenger cabin lights!!!! (WTH)
4. NO Welcome Light

Muzzyyeo
Premium User Muzzyyeo
0 forum posts Joined on 14-Sep-2010
Attrage 2016  Posted on 21 Jun 2016

Drove my Attrage for a month now. This is great for Singapore point A to B travel where traffic jams are common. Overall a great car and very highly value for money.

- Fuel consumption average of 16 KM/L
- Highly insulated cabin
- High amount of tech and features

- Low engine power
- Lousy suspension

Gbs
Premium User Gbs
19 forum posts Joined on 14-Aug-2012
Good value for money, a no-frills car  Posted on 20 Jun 2016

Had the chance to drive this nifty little car for a full day with a popular car-sharing startup. Here's what I think of the car:

Exterior: ok-looking exterior, not exactly a head turner but you wont be put off by its looks either.

Interior: looks slightly dated, but has the essentials for a drive. Radio factory built, USB port hidden in the glove box. Buttons on steering wheel limited to radio controls. Speedo display button the old-school type. However, there are some good features, such as the push start button and a fold mirror switch, which some advanced cars do not have (such as a 2012 prius C)

Legroom is reasonable and would consider it decent for its size. Rear seats slightly cramped for 3 full-sized adults.

The drive: Being a 3-cylinder car, it sounds slightly strained during start off. The start-off rumble is reminiscent of a muted version of the M113 through the first couple of gears. Then said, it is reasonably sound-proofed and gets up to speed in reasonable time. Handling is nifty, even though the steering feels a tinge heavier than the prius C. A few corners could be felt (and of course the rear occupants complained) but otherwise pretty stable.

Shifting from P to D, can feel a light jerk sometimes. Not sure if this is normal.

FC: pretty frugal considering I did almost 120km. Fuel indicator dropped 1 bar. I consider myself a mid-to heavy footer.

The Attrage certainly feels like a first-gen Vios in some ways but is approx. 20k cheaper and sips less fuel then the current model. If you need a basic car to run errands and your family structure is small, this is the car to get.

I personally think its a pretty good replacement to the non-ex version of the lancer.

(Note: the car I reviewed had 10k mileage on it prior to my drive)

+ frugal fuel consumption
+ no fuss, no frills
+ some features are a value-add
+ gets to speed in decent time
+ easy to drive around

- the rumble is akin to a 50% muted M113
- shifting from P to D has a slight jerk sometimes

Falleen
Premium User Falleen
14 forum posts Joined on 01-Feb-2013
Affordable and cool  Posted on 03 May 2016

Test drove 3 cars around the same price. This was the last one and I committed on the spot. It was comfortable, easy to handle, and comes with a lot of premium features for its price range. Couldn't ask for more.

Great fuel economy, Japanese brand, comfortable leather seats and great handling, felt instantly at east with the car. Design is simple and elegant.

Nothing so far.

Sky8807
Premium User Sky8807
1289 forum posts Joined on 27-Dec-2001
A brief test drive  Posted on 12 Sep 2015

First impression, did not feel that iit is a 3 cyl engine when driving, I had driven the Charade many year back and can tell what it was like driving a 3 cyl engine back then. Acceleration is smooth and once the desired speed is reach, ease off the pedal and the eco light came on. Bear in mind this is an economy car and not high performance we are looking at.

Space wise and cabin comfort, no complain, big space for a small cc engine. For normal driving and with this budget, value for money. Will not write too much because I had only gone for a test drive, should I buy this car then I can give a detail report.

Low Fuel consumption

No comments

foreigngoing
Premium User foreigngoing
2 forum posts Joined on 21-Jul-2015
Economic point A to B car  Posted on 21 Jul 2015

1.2L 3 cyclinder Attrage to many is too small an engine for a sedan especially in 2015 Singapore where people are used to see big and powerful cars due to the exorbitant COEs. But back in 2007 1.2L cars are pretty common. The KIA Picantos, Mitsubishi I etc. So for a person like me who upgraded from a 2008 HB Suzuki Alto. This is not an underpowered car- 1.2L for 905Kg car! But if you are used to driving big 2L cars then perhaps you may not be used to this. 3 cylinder sound? Not too bad with the sound proofing.

Why Attrage? Price, running cost and practicality in Singapore. Our Fuel prices never seems to go down despite global oil prices falling like crazy so Attrage is pretty good in FC. Singapore's road is so well maintained and cant speed at all. Attrage is really sufficient. But if you are doing NS highway everyday then perhaps this is not for you. Really dont feel good paying too much taxes to government for vehicle price and yearly road tax! Let the rich pay for our use of the road! Thankyou. In Singapore unlike other countries, where the difference between one model to the next is $2000 difference there, here is $4000 due to the ARF tax!!! With dealers profit margin....$10K-$15K difference which is crazy for a car!

Ugly ? Really depends on which colour you choose. Pearl white and black are pretty nice colour for this car. For me the blue looks ugly on this car and Red does not make this car elegant. Bodykit helps improve the look definitely for this car. It depends on you.

Interior- not as advance and futuristic looking as new Korean models. But pretty well made and decent. Two tone interior helps.

Safety? Light does not mean fail crash test. Heavy car does not mean safe too.

Verdict: If you are ok with Mit I, Picanto or even Getz performace...But you want a FC of hybrid and space of a sedan like VIOS.. But not rich, this car is for you!

Cars with similar concept that you should compare with Honda Amaze.

Attrage soft suspension ovef uneven roads.
FC 18KM/L avg in Singapore expressway.. 13Km/l during peak hour jams
Decent interior and exterior looks
Low cost with 7K CEV rebate
Lowest depreciation currently.

Not yet a popular car in Singapore .
Not as powerful for frequent NS highway.
A little light weight for car.
Abit dated design.

VinW
0 forum posts Joined on 25-May-2015
Decent runabout for our roads  Posted on 06 Jul 2015

I am looking for a decent and reliable car to replace my Getz 1.4A which is going to be scrapped soon. Running on a tight budget (around 10k depreciation per year) the Attrage was in my shortlist.

It is not the prettiest car in the market. The Accent looks better in my opinion, and you will likely pay for the optional bodykit to improve its look.

Inside, it is pretty spacious and buttons on the dashboard are all well-placed. Quality is alright for a car of this pricing too. For those looking for more space, the Nissan Almera might be a better choice.

On the move, the car feels very peppy. I was very impressed with the performance of the car considering it only has 78bhp from a non-turbocharged 1.2-litre engine. It is really enough for city driving and I believe this is due to the car weighing only 900kg. The sound from the 3 cylinder engine sounds unique too.

- Performance from such a tiny engine
- Decent FC. (even if it falls short of what it claims, it should be able to do 15km/L)
- Super tiny turning radius (already spotted one private driving instructor using it for teaching his students)
- Spacious enough inside
- Easy to park

- Steering on the vague side but I know this is no sports car
- Those who frequent NSHW might find this slightly lacking in speed
- More infotainment features would be great. Sound system could be better.

WongYangPing
Premium User WongYangPing
0 forum posts Joined on 14-Jan-2015
Channel savings to a good set of ear plugs  Posted on 15 Jan 2015
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

The the car looks awesome from the outside and is spacious on the interior, though filled with plastic trims, I guess this is what a budget conscious person like me have to settle for. Love the huge trunk space.

Driving this car is an entirely different story. It felt like the engine is directly on my pedal. I can feel it rev whenever i move off and it does not feel smooth at all. The pick up is very weak and the ride is very NOISY. Let's just say it sounds like a sports car forever on the high rpm, just don't dash your dreams by looking at the speedometer...

On paper, it states 20km/l, but because of the lack of power, i have to constantly go on high revs during pick up, hence i would say 17km/l would be more practical. Steering was light, a bit too light for my liking, but very agile. Turning radius is very small also given the size of the car.

5 year warranty
10 years engine warranty
Nice exterior, with the LED DRL
large boot space
spacious interior
small turning radius, easy to uturn

NOISY engine and noise from the road. can hear the engines of other cars overtaking me.
VERY weak pick up