Related Articles

Mazda6 or MX-5 RF: Which way do you zoom?

Mazda to Unveil Updated Mazda6 Wagon in Geneva

Constant improvement in the Mazda6

Rule change allowed access to bigger loans

Facelift - Mazda6 2.5 Luxury (A)
29 Aug 2018  |  Mazda Reviews
A new and rather comprehensive set of improvements has made the Mazda6 a much more premium and refined package than ever before.
   Consumer Reviews of Mazda 6

3.5/5 Reliability
4.5/5 Interior Design
3.5/5 Engine Performance
6 out of 9 (66.7%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

petrolpump
0 forum posts Joined on 20-Apr-2018
Better than Uncle Camry  Posted on 06 Aug 2019
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

I tried the Executive variant of M6. If you are considering style between the M6 and Uncle Camry, then of course M6 will win. But if comfort and more rear leg room for your passengers is what you need, than Camry should be your choice. Of course, price diff is quite a bit almost 33k then might as well consider the Accord. For M6 I did not find sound-insulation to be all that great, don't know why the hoohaa is all about. Engine seemed sluggish for a 2 liter power-plant. They should have just turbocharged a 1.5L save road tax in almost $600 annually. Camry had choice of 2 interior colours M6 used to have 2 as well but they standardize all models to ugly dingy black. Aircon was weak. My old altis could leave you in frostbite at 22deg fan speed 1... The M6 cabin became bearable at 18 deg with fan speed 2. In fact, go try the Mitsubishi Outlander and feel the difference in aircon... Day and night like my old altis. In our climate weak aircon means angry drivers. Seats were not all that comfy. I'm 1.8m tall and without thigh support long journeys can be tiring. Qutlander had better seat support, I would say but one is a sedan and the other SUV... Opel Insignia has better seats if you wish to compare sedan and uncle camry. Mazda should lower their price if it really wishes to dilute our roads with Mazdas.

Body styling
FULL LED front and rear lights including signal and reverse.
Auto Lock (just off engine/close door and walk away from car - it will lock on its own)
Price (okay okay, can be lower)

Rear leg room
No electric boot release
No remote boot release
No button inside car to release boot either
17" rims (should be at least 18s)
No wireless charging
Rear USB slots in arm rest (if carry 3 rear passenger then how to use USB?)
Lack of interior colours (no white or brown only black)
Insulation
Engine performance
Weak aircon (should learn from Toyota and Mitsubishi)

josephywj
37 forum posts Joined on 02-Feb-2017
The complete package!  Posted on 20 Jul 2019

Got my car 2 weeks ago. M6 executive. As an ex volvo xc60 owner, i have to say the M6 is looks good and feels damn good. Perhaps for me the pick up is lacking, maybe because I'm used to a car with a turbocharger. But the torque makes up for it nicely.

- super quiet car
- comfortable electronic memory seats
- packed with safety features (e.g. blind spot and lane departure warnings)
- super stylish led headlamps.
- soul red paintwork
- price I paid was 7k more than a brand new altis. And 9k more than a new civic 1.6 with 2 airbags. It was an easy choice.
- bose sound system
- excellent 8 inch touch screen with android auto and apple carplay

- air con is on the weak side, in terms of the air output. Temp is perfectly fine
- should have 18 inch rims instead of 17!

Irenelumsh
0 forum posts Joined on 21-May-2013
Value for money  Posted on 20 Jun 2019

Last driven an almost ten yr old Skoda. Looking for a replacement which matches the same drive and make quality and also does not consume too much fuel. Had never owned a Mazda in my life, but was pretty impressed with this model after a test drive. Ever since I owned it, this car is very conposed at all times and petrol consumption is at 18km per litre on highways which clocked over 30km.

Very stable ride and high specs. Pretty quiet engine with minimum road noise. Reasonable fuel consumption. Android auto makes life convenient, now that I had no need to mount handphone on dashboard.Keyless and auto lock function is good as I no longer even need to lock the doors after getting down. Heads up display is helpful for drivers to gauge speed limit of road and gives warning on any motorists ard us before we switch lanes. Like the exterior styling of car esp the stylish grills and the plush interior that is also functional and pleasant looking.

Screen black out in s few occasions. Interior cabin space could haave been bigger

LinHan
4 forum posts Joined on 22-Feb-2019
Amazing value-for-money family sedan  Posted on 02 Apr 2019

This is my first car so my review only comes from my experience with the car for a few days and my previous rental and test drive experiences.

The Mazda 6 is a great balance among quality, performance and money. Among my shortlisted cars - Civic 1.5, Stinger and Mazda 6 2.0 Executive, I picked the Mazda 6 because it comes with enough power for SG streets, responded quickly enough for my acceleration needs, equipped with the premium feeling fit and finish and came with all the nice driving assistance features. And it's the cheapest among all three options. For a car that will last for at most 10 years in SG, I don't know why would anyone buy the Camry over this.

I would strongly recommend anyone who consider Mazda 6 to go for at least the Executive model for all the extra features. You'll regret buying the standard when you know you could have keyless entry, HUD, blind spot monitoring and a nice sound system with just a few thousand extra.

I especially like the HUD, it shows the speed, current speed limit and blind spot alert for both sides. It also shows navigation if you use built-in map but I've never got the map working.

Premium feeling material - leather, wood and soft-touch plastic
New front grille makes the exterior even more sleek
Dial-operated infotainment system
[Executive and above exclusive features]
Bose Sound System
HUD - Speed, Speed Limit and Blind Spot indicator
Keyless entry

No adaptive cruise control
Built-in map is a pain to use

CoolZebra
1 forum posts Joined on 30-Jul-2016
Mazda 6 High fuel consumption  Posted on 30 Mar 2019
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

I just purchase Mazda 6 standard and got the car for less than 2 weeks. Overall, it is quite a decent car with all the basic feature. I like the exterior and interior design.

I regret not having the deluxe model with the auto lock when you away from your car and you can lock the car without taking out the key. The petrol consumption is quite high, at about 1 litre/ 9km. I run on 50% Highway 50% City.

exterior and Interior design
Auto Hold feature

High Petrol Consumption
No auto lock when away from the car
Alway need to take out the key when lock or unlock the car
Dashboard and aircon design (I have a problem to mount my phone on aircon)

thesoul
150 forum posts Joined on 10-Mar-2018
Most value for money mid-sized sedan  Posted on 04 Mar 2019

Mazda is widely known to have the best handling amongst the asian car makes and this face-lift is living up to its name.
Looks:
- Interior has been given a huge upgrade with right combination of suede and japanese wood along the dashboard improving the looks and feel. Definitely shine compared to the likes of camry or even skoda superb - where interior designs look dated and full of cheap plastic
- minor change to the exterior w a new grille. Coupe like design makes the car looka sporty. The only downside is lower headroom, particular for passengers at the rear.

Drive:
- 2L engine which i test drove was abit sluggish during pickup but it was ok after reaching a certain speed. A breeze to drive
- Significant provement to the NVH compared to the pre-FL version and mazda 3

Features:
- executive comes w great features like assisted braking, lane departure warning, bsm, HUD on windscreen etc
- missing sun roof for 2L exec which is a petty
- no 360 camera for this version

- awesome interior w comfortable leather seats
- packs w some good features
- good handling
- good improvement to NVH
- sporty exterior design

- skyactiv engine is known to be slightly underpowered at a cost of better fuel saving
- no sunroof
- no wagon for 2L engine

opgamerkkhk
62 forum posts Joined on 15-Nov-2016
Killed by skoda superb  Posted on 06 Jan 2019
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

Test drove superb and mazda 6 on the same day since both are around 130k. 2.0 was a complete turtle while 2.5 was also super sluggish. Handling was great, however cannot be compared to new G10 530i. If anyone is looking for this car, do not buy it. Boot space is minimal at just over 400 litres. For refernce superb has 600 litres. Even a thai made honda civic sedan has 520 litres. Cannot fit weekend prams, groceries or golf bags comfortably. Engine makes rough note when revved. Additionally, the strain on the engine made the car accelerate no faster. Limited headroom at the rear makes occupants 1.7m and above to take grab. Suspension was bumpy and could not take bumps as well as something like a b8 passat. Price was 139k for top spec 2.5. Features were no where near continental competitors. Poorly insulated cabin and cheaply built cabin was extremely disappointing. Would only buy this car if I'm broke. Please avoid it totally! Test drive one and you would understand what i mean.

Stunning looks, good handling, beautiful interior

Cheap materials used
Poor mazda aftersales service

Gabdat
251 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Don't fix it if it ain't broken  Posted on 15 Oct 2018

Went over to test drive Mazda 6 2.5 last weekend.Wanted to feel what was all the hype about.So..Here goes.

-exterior design.they made some minor changes.and that's a good thing because it has always been handsome
-dashboard.matured and neater.feels more luxurious
-felt bigger
-sunroof
-couple of important safety features but only on the 2.5 version
-front seats are comfortable
-that Soul Red Metallic color is to die for
-18" rubber to burn

-engine noise
-skeptical about the skyactiv engine.getting mix reviews on the international forum
-gearbox slightly jerky
-only has 6 speed
-vibrates during idling

DdCarReviewerSG
0 forum posts Joined on 13-Sep-2018
Newly Facelifted Mazda 6 is a legend......  Posted on 17 Sep 2018

If you are looking to go on a car hunt, the Mazda showroom is one that you should not miss. The Mazda Range is one of quality and promises comfort. Test it out for yourself to believe. This is what I have to say after test driving the Mazda 6 and Mazda CX 9. These 2 models are the flagship models in their respective segments. With this belief in mind, I invited several car enthusiasts who drive the 2008 registered S5 just like me to go for a car hunt at Kia, Toyota, Audi, Nissan and Mazda. Some of us definitely got excited at what this legend can offer. I personally swayed towards the Audi SQ5. This review is written in a continental car driver perspective hence it may not apply to everyone.

Long wheelbase of vehicle
Elegant design
Many features to play with
Bespoke club upon purchase...(You Know what I mEAN)
desire programme

Fuel consumption
Pickup Speed
Build Quality as compared to other luxury sedans

Mazda 6