Honda Vezel

Consumer Reviews of Honda Vezel

4/5 Reliability
4.5/5 Interior Design
4.5/5 Engine Performance
22 out of 25 (88%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.
Login to sgCarMart to submit a review Submit a review

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »
MrJ
Premium User MrJ
13 forum posts Joined on 21-Jul-2014
Vezel X 2015 - Value for money with features but not a comfortable ride  Posted on 02 Feb 2017
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

Compact Crossovers:
This great small crossover with exceptional specification and attractive features will definitely attract the attention of buyers. It is designed to be a small family car (Do not expect a 7 seater), transporting five passenger and be very comfortable.

Space
Value for Money
Features
Due to the number of vezels in Singapore, parts are fairly cheap and easily available

Get mistaken as Uber/Grabcar
Bumpy (Typical SUV)
Cannot corner as well as a sedan (Typical SUV)
Vezel only via PI

BlitzStryker
Premium User BlitzStryker
53 forum posts Joined on 06-Oct-2016
Review below based on a 15 minutes test drive and hours of research online and seeing it at PI shop, ended up with the Hybrid version  Posted on 22 Dec 2016

For a BnB car, it is pretty average, suspension setup is abit hard, harder than my previous Subaru impreza which is quite stiff for daily usage. However insulation is pretty decent. Tried both petrol and hybrid, the latter is quieter. Size wise is pretty good for this segment, 3 adults are able to sit at the back comfortably with ample legroom and headroom, no center hump too.

Exterior styling
Looks great! Handsome front and back ends. Coupe style silhouette with hidden back door handles. Bright and functional LED headlights and LED backlights (hybrid).

Interior design
Looks great too! Front passengers are cocooned inside a comfortable space within the car, partly due to the high center console, allowing you to place your barangs barangs there. Lots of storage areas.

Features
Honda Sensing is a must! Adaptive cruise control, lane departure assistance and automatic braking to avoid collision. You can totally set your car on cruise control and your car will automatically keep its speed and distance with the front car. It will also keep you inside your own lane and brake for you when needed. There is brake hold too, useful for traffic jams where the car presses the brake for you when you stop, so that you can relax your right feet. Lots of airbags (8 for petrol and 6 for hybrid). There is also sports mode and econ mode to suit different driving styles.

Performance
Reason why I choose hybrid over petrol after testing both for 15 minutes each. Petrol has ample of performance for a basic BnB car but the hybrid has 150+ bhp, similar to a 2.0l engine. Pickup for petrol and hybrid is around 11 seconds and 8.5 seconds respectively.

Exterior and interior styling

PARF at $5000 at the end of 10 years

neorenjie
0 forum posts Joined on 14-Dec-2016
Great value for money  Posted on 14 Dec 2016

This is probably the most value for money car in the market right now. For the price of a mid sedan you get plenty of features, such as GPS, reverse camera, cruise control, brake hold, auto brake, economy mode, sports mode etc. In terms of cost of driving it's very attractive too, the car is very fuel efficient but yet powerful. Road tax is low because of the small engine. But you get the joy of driving a spacious car that's almost like an SUV.

I only gave 4 for reliability because of the short battery lifespan when it first came. As for handling, it's quite annoying to have to switch off the auto brake system and auto engine shut down when you step on the brakes every single time you start the car. The GPS may also go crazy sometimes in bad weather, but most of the time reliable.

- Nice exterior
- Plenty of headroom
- Built in GPS
- Reverse camera
- Cruise control
- Low fuel consumption
- Powerful engine
- Low road tax
- Auto shut down of engine at red lights to save fuel (some people may not like it, anyway can switch off if you don't like)
- Brake hold. Car never slides backwards in ramps.

- Small boot space
- Need to switch off auto brake everytime when starting engine or else it will give you a violent and annoying sudden break of the car when passing through carpark barrier.
- GPS sometimes go crazy in bad weather

Fooblack
Premium User Fooblack
2916 forum posts Joined on 08-Feb-2007
Best Value for Money for this range  Posted on 05 Oct 2016

Just collected my Vezel for about 1 week and here is my immediate feedbadk

Compared to my previous basic Japanese sedan, this Vezel is such an upgrade in terms of features and conveniences. I no longer have the urge to travel from point to point in a rush, as if to get out of the car asap. The drive is leisurely done and the enjoyment in driving is once again rekindled.

I was considering the Sienta before this. I am glad I have made the right choice. Compared to Sienta, the specifications of the Vezel is much higher esp the engine and also the features. Buying accessories for the car is also so much a breeze. Just ask Caurosell.

All in all, no regrets. I finally understand why there are so many Vezels on the road. For this range of cars of this pricing, I doubt any other car can give it a run for the money....

Seat
- High and commanding view
- Plenty of space for driver and all passengers

High FC
1st tank is about 14-15 Km/l. 60% City / 40% Highway

Convenience Features
- door auto lock activates automatically 1 minute after driving off
- auto fold mirrors

Reev
0 forum posts Joined on 08-Aug-2016
Best SUV performance & Value for money  Posted on 07 Aug 2016

My second SUV, Like this car as its comfortable for city driving and handling is good. Light wight & compact size make it easy to menuvar and easy to park.

Decent SUV price and it's exterior look is super cool.

New Sensing

Comparatively New model

SGCMtigger
32 forum posts Joined on 30-May-2009
Good looking and easy to drive  Posted on 02 Aug 2016

Just got my Vezel. Enjoying the ride, easy and very comfortable. Spacious in the boot, plenty of headroom and arm room for 2 front seats. Good looking on the outside and inside for this price range. The features of CBTA, Brake hold , cruise control makes driving a breeze.
Added good experience with purchase as I got a good PI, made it a short and smooth process.

-Great exterior and interior look
-Spacious boot with knock down rear seats
-Spacious interior with plenty of leg space for rear passengers
-Added features of CBTA, Brake hold , cruise control makes driving a breeze.
-Reverse sensor which show alignment lines makes parking easy peasy

-Poor sound insulation
-Relatively bumpy
-Compartment space is lesser than that my old car eg, card or coins compartment , side door compartment can be more spacious to accommodate car park coupons, small hidden hook at back of seat to hook jacket or things.

JerryLim_167495
Premium User JerryLim_167495
2 forum posts Joined on 05-Jun-2016
Vezel as a cheap and good car  Posted on 31 Jul 2016

Just received this car on the 29th Jul 2016. Smooth and fuel efficient ride. Cruising on the expressway is fast and smooth. If you like power, feel free to try out the non eco mode.

Exterior design, interior design. Easy to decorate and poison haha.

Slightly bigger car than typical saloon cars. You need a bit of time to get used to the new car's handling.

Vezelian
21 forum posts Joined on 15-Jan-2016
Value for Money $$  Posted on 08 Jun 2016

Been driving the Vezel for about 8mths and still enjoying the driving experience till today. I was contemplating on getting the HR-V from KM vc PI. But after comparing the specs of HR-V & Vezel, the choice was quite clear.

Definitely no regrets in getting the Vezel.

-Great exterior and interior look

SSK
Premium User SSK
0 forum posts Joined on 24-May-2016
Valued for Money Urban SUV  Posted on 24 May 2016

Good handling, well designed , powerful car despite its big body size . Up market exterior & spacious interior and also adequate booth space.
For the CAT A catalog , its is a powerful car at 155NM / 96KW/ 129bhp and still good fuel efficiency.

City brake assist system ( Safety feature to prevent collision at low speed).
Powerful Engine.
Good Fuel efficiency.
Huge side mirrors ( provide good clear vision when filtering lane).
Many Airbags.

No All wheel drive option.
16" Rim standard . Should give at least 17" Rim as standard.
Front passenger seat cannot be adjusted higher ,only driver's side could.
Car should be higher, current its 1605mm Ht , better if it is at least 1615 Ht for better head room space , height and more ground clearance.
Overall its is a good car.

coolbluepica
446 forum posts Joined on 02-Apr-2015
Everybody's car  Posted on 15 May 2016
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

This car is too common and too many on the road especially white. Overall a normal car as Honda has no more cars that are worth to buy.

Exterior styling.
Reasonable price.

Common on the road.
Tight space interior.
Uncomfortable rear seats.
Small boot space.
Cheap looking trip meter and controls with no navigation menu.
Aircon not cold.
Hidden console underneath gear knob.
Glove box not lighted.
No rear aircon.
Auto window only for driver side.
Loud engine noise
Low engine power.

Wiiuwii
Premium User Wiiuwii
145 forum posts Joined on 29-Sep-2011
Back to a Japanese  Posted on 30 Mar 2016

This is my 2nd Jap. I previously owned a french turbo. While performance was really excellent for the price, I had alot of inconveniences. Parts break down quicker. Anyway, it's history and it's back to a Jap.

I was looking for a simple car, the lesser electronics the better. The Vezel is simple as compared to my previous car. Being NA, it is responsive and the Power over Weight ratio makes the car torquey despite it being a 1.5L car.

Turning around the bends at Neo Tiew was surprisingly better than I'd expected.

The car on stock is a very decent ride. It's a Crossover with CVT so manage your expectations and this car will serve its purpose well.

LED Headlights
Spacious engine bay for sunny Singapore
No techy electronics (the more electronics, the more expensive to maintain)
Color Ring on the speedo to feedback on your fuel consumption
Spacious leg room for 2nd row
Brake hold is useful during causeway jams
RPM is approximately 1500 driving at legal speed limits

No fully auto windows
Child lock is controlled by a switch at the rear doors instead of central locking
Engine Start/Stop cannot be disabled permanently without modifications

Thepeacemaker
Premium User Thepeacemaker
15 forum posts Joined on 04-Mar-2007
Value for money Bread and butter car!  Posted on 08 Dec 2015

A bread and butter car.
High drive with beautiful exterior with spacious interior.
Very good FC as i've hit about 14 with 70% City driving.

Spacious interior
The honda features, Eco mode

Kerb mirror
No rear aircon vent
Small boot space. (compared to my previous ride)

Akszaksz
Premium User Akszaksz
189 forum posts Joined on 28-Jun-2011
Really a value for money car  Posted on 03 Dec 2015

I bought the X model.
It was my first time buying from PI and fortunately the sales & handover process went on smoothly.

Been driving it for close to 2 weeks and the driving experience was good.

For the amount paid, it is really value for money compared to cars of that price range.

1. Exterior design v appealing. (Except for rear taillight which i think Honda can do better)
2. Various features for the price - CBTA, Auto engine start-stop, cruise control, brake hold, fuel efficiency
3. Spacious interiors and low hump in middle of rear passenger seats
4. Magic seats
5. Boot space is decent though smaller than my previous ride on Honda Airwave

1. Engine noise tends to be a bit loud as you rev higher.
2. Pickup is a little laggy, but can be resolved by installing E-trottle booster.
3. Reverse lamp not bright enough.
4. The location on the 12V port is difficult to reach.
5. No rear aircon, even though the aircon strength is decent acceptable with 23 degree Celsius at speed 2.

Hmsg
Premium User Hmsg
257 forum posts Joined on 09-Jul-2008
Value for $$$ car  Posted on 27 Sep 2015

Bought the X model. First time buying from PI and was initially apprehensive with regard to their services and also the maintenance issues.

But the positive reviews and the many vezels on the road prompted me to take the plunge.

It was the right decision. Been driving it for 2 weeks and has been a good and nice experience.

For the $$$ paid, I am more than satisfied.

1. All round exterior design v appealing.
2. Excellent features for the price - cruise control, brake hold, auto retract side mirrors, fuel efficiency
3. Spacious interiors and low hump in middle of rear passenger seats
4. Spacious boot space and foldable rear seats
5. Good PI services provided

1. Engine noise tends to be a bit loud when move off or accelerate.
2. Suspension is too soft. Need to be v slow over the humps and also uneven roads.
3. Front blind spots due to profile of Vezel.

6GHz
0 forum posts Joined on 09-Aug-2009
First-hand Experience on Parallel-Imported Car Ownership  Posted on 18 Aug 2015

To me, purchasing a car in Singapore is something that warrants deliberate and lengthy considerations, especially so if you don’T have an insane amount of moolah in the bank. Omitting the moving factor of COE, my interpretation of this entire effort is a trinity of sorts – (1) the car itself, (2) sales, and (3) maintenance. These three factors form my key principles in choosing and buying a car.

The Car
I have always prefer hatchbacks – For ease of loading, parking and better rear-ward visibility. As always, I was in the market for a car with good space, and the cars within my gun-sight were the Hyundai i40 and Subaru Forester. The first impressed me with its refinement; While the other on boxer power. Hondas have never been on my list, but the arrival of the Vezel caught my eye as a hatch on steroids. The overall design pretty much flows harmoniously. Reviews and feedback available have mostly been positive. Most importantly, the fact that it is a 1.5L – Neither too anaemic nor a guzzler – Goldilocks would have chosen this.

Sales
After viewing and inspecting the car from AD and PI, the difference is stark – Not only on pricing, but also the level of equipping and workmanship. As a first time buyer from PI, the wary feeling of dealing with shady salesmen and dubious sales pitch existed. So I ended up sourcing from a bigger PI. Sure, their asking price for Vezel is comparatively higher than other PIs, but their office/showroom is presentable, things are in order, and crucially, there were no hard sales. The experience that I got was a pleasant and reliable seller-buyer equation. A quick check on its affiliated workshop also yielded positive feedback. The final clincher was the fairly high trade-in price for my existing car. After signing on the dotted line, the usual wait ensued, and the car was delivered 3 months later without fuss.

Maintenance
Going for my first servicing at the affiliated workshop has been a pleasant experience too. The lounge area was great, my car was done and washed nicely, and aircon setting, radio selection and seat position all stayed at where they were. These may be minor issues but it showed the meticulous-ness in their workmanship. The whole servicing process took me an hour, which is nothing short of amazing.

Very usable space – as in headroom, legroom and boot space
Economical – frugal and good engine refinement
Modern features – packed with gizmos you don’t actually need

Conclusion
After some weeks, the car is returning 19 km/L in a mix of 70% Highway : 30% city, which I think is excellent. Overall, the experience of owning the Vezel has been enjoyable, one that is highly recommended.

NVH could be better – needs more soundproofing (or crank up the radio)
Centre console is a joke – cannot fit in CDs
Power is just adequate – not great but lackluster when comes to pickup
Side view partially blocked – thick A-pillar and large wing mirror
LCD display for odometer/trip/clock could be better – looks low-rent
Long travel for signal indicator stalk – no one-touch indicator for local Vezels

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »