Related Categories

Features
4.5/5 Performance
Design
4.5/5 Price
7 out of 7 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this product to a friend.

Achee
Premium User Achee
482 forum posts Joined on 16-Apr-2009
Sheer Driving Pleasure  Posted on 02 Jul 2017

Design 5/5 Price 4/5

Volkswagen Golf

Changed out of the stock Dunlop Sport Maxx RT into the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (PS4) and immediately felt the roadholding capabilities improved. Based on a tyre review report from U.K, the article mentioned that PS4 is not an upgrade of PS3 but an improvement from Pilot Super Sport (PSS), in terms of design and technology.

Tested the car for sharp cornering and impressed with its stablility and confidence and it glided through patch of water like a knife over butter. Noise level is decent though there could be quieter tyres out there.

Finally, the feel of ''Sheer Driving Pleasure'' is back

Excellent grip in dry and wet
Reasonable noise level
Competitive price
Nice design

Not as many shops carry Michelin brand tyres

Axeman24
Premium User Axeman24
199 forum posts Joined on 27-Apr-2005
Nice tyres to own  Posted on 19 Feb 2017

Design 5/5 Price 5/5

Toyota Camry

Just installed 4 pc of PS4 with Kim Hoe. The boss and the staff were very friendly and helpful to all my question even though they were very busy. After installing the tyres, my ride was smoother and cornering was much stable.

Quiet and cornering is better

N/A

longhaul
0 forum posts Joined on 06-Oct-2017
Seems to be the king for its group segment  Posted on 26 Oct 2017

Design 5/5 Price 3/5

Volkswagen Passat

Have just replaced the Bridgestone S001 with the Thai made PS4. It comes with the warranty as these tyres are from our local agent. Its been 1,000km worth of usage now.

Comparatively with the S001, the handling with PS4 is marvelously precise and accurate, It just pin to the direction whichever you steer it to. Good handling. The kind of confident level it gives you is reassuring. It just stick to the road like you've never felt before!

In the wet performance, indeed true to what Michelin promised, I was utterly surprised on how these tyres cut through puddles of water like as if the road is dry! It just performed exceeding your expectation, this is even better than the already good S001 in the wet.

Comfort wise, I am surprised as well to feel that the car now absorb the road like there's an additional mattress between the wheels and the suspension. However, the noise coming from tyres are present but comparing with S001, I will give a noise rating of 7.5 out of 10>>PS4 over the Bridgestone Potenza S001 for>>6 out of 10. Take note that the quietest car interior while driving is rated at 65.9dB whereas the nosiest car interior is rated at 77.4dB. The PS4 is rated at 71dB. This would give you a good idea on noise level. Sources are from the Micheline website that I've found online. Thus, the noise emitting from the PS4 is certainly manageable. Definitely better than other brands in this performance segment.

The tread wear rating is rated at 320 in the PS4! This is higher than my previous S001 which is only at 280 tread wear. I shall post again in the next 3 to 5 months on its fuel consumption and the tread wear. Lets see how its going to be then.

So far so happy with this tyres. I fall in love with driving again:)

The design
The comfort
The handling in both wet & dry
The aesthetic look of the sidewall

None so far after 1,000km of usage

Andysg
7 forum posts Joined on 01-May-2009
Excellent tyre  Posted on 16 Oct 2017

Design 5/5 Price 4/5

Lexus IS250

Previous model was Bridgestone Potenza S001 (Made in Japan). Switched to Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (Made in Thailand). Used for 6600 KM (4101 Miles). Grip similar, noise similar, handling similar, noise S001 more noiser and wear rate S001 faster.

Kpoman
1 forum posts Joined on 19-Feb-2009
No regret performance street tyre  Posted on 05 Oct 2017

Design 5/5 Price 5/5

Volkswagen Jetta

Was contemplating between PS4, and RE003 for 225/40/R18.
Autobacs is offering 4-pics of RE003 at SGD 618 nett (till end Oct 2017) whereas 1-pic of PS4 (Made-in Europe) retails at SGD 220.

Decided to take the plunge with PS4 as the PS3 lasted me 50,000+ km, and still grips like a doberman both in the wet, and dry after some 3+ years ...

More quiet than PS3 (guess it's still new, and scrubbing-in still ...)
Lot's of good reactive steering inputs with the tarmac.
Lesser rolling resistance than PS3 (amazing ...) i.e. the car just rolls effortlessly.
No regret with PS4, folks.

I wonder how the Thailand-made PS4 feels? i.e. PS4 ST

John316
1 forum posts Joined on 28-Nov-2016
Most grippy tyre ever  Posted on 25 Dec 2016

Features 4/5 Performance 5/5
Design 4/5 Price 3/5

Lexus IS200

Replaced the stock Bridgestone turanza t100 pen tyres that came on my is200t. May not be a fair comparison as the turanza is a touring tyre and the Michelin is a performance tyre. First the negatives, tyre noise is slightly higher than the Bridgestone, but only slightly. Positives are grip, grip, grip, both in dry and wet conditions. Very communicative steering feel. I know what the tyres are doing. Comfortable level - it's slightly harder ride than the turanza. Tyre inspires confidence in road holding. Would buy again.

Cost is reasonable.

Excellent tyres with superb grip  Posted on 18 Jul 2016

Features 4/5 Performance 5/5
Design 4/5 Price 4/5

BMW 730i

Installed a set of Michelin PS4 and was very impressed. Excellent tyres with superb grip on both wet and dry road condition. Fuel consumption is okay. Noise level wise, still okay. Not quiet, but still manageable for me

The grip

Steering speed seems slower. Or maybe is new