Related Categories

Features
4/5 Performance
Design
4/5 Price
29 out of 30 (96.7%) reviewers said they would recommend this product to a friend.

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »
ganchinboon
Premium User ganchinboon
0 forum posts Joined on 09-Feb-2014
TechronD Concentrate Plus  Posted on 10 Jan 2018

Design 4/5 Price 4/5

Renault Kangoo

I have been pumping with Caltex for their Diesel with Techron since my ride purchase three years ago and has since been a satisfied customer. However, the TechronD Concentrate Plus is even more effective in providing clean power without any sacrifice in fuel economy!

Better fuel economy with noticeable increase in power and torque for daily driving, brings a smile to your face during acceleration without burning a hole in your pocket!

As my full tank is only 50 litres, smaller packaging or bottle that treats a single full tank instead of 80 litres would be easier to use.

WeiFeng
0 forum posts Joined on 17-Nov-2017
Increase in power and FC  Posted on 10 Jan 2018

Features 5/5 Performance 4/5
Design 5/5 Price 3/5

Renault Kangoo

Gotten a sample from SgCarMart and tried it out
Before adding the concentrate, the vehicle has various issues such as rough start when the vehicle is cold, as well as rough idling causing the vehicle to stall itself when not in motion. The speedometer could fail at times as well.

After adding the concentrate, the vehicle feels more smooth and acceleration improved as well. Able to get to a higher speed in the same gear as compared to before. Rough starting and idling continue to exist but frequency of it happening has decreased visibly. Not sure if the concentrate is mainly the reason for this, but the speedometer hadn't failed once since the addition of the concentrate.

Have only been on one tank since then. Will have to observe if the improvement is only in this tank or subsequently as well.

Smoother ride
Better fuel consumption (750km, from ~700km previously)

Can be priced more competitively

Antzng
Premium User Antzng
33 forum posts Joined on 26-Jan-2013
Good Product with One Minor Issue.  Posted on 09 Jan 2018

Features 4/5 Performance 4/5
Design 1/5 Price 3/5

Citroen Grand Picasso

After topping up with the Techron D Concentrate Plus on my 2 year old Citroen Grand C4 Picasso Diesel, the car felt smoother and slightly more responsive. I will definitely recommend this product if it is attractively priced.

The product works.

My ride is equipped with capless fuel filler. It was a challenge topping up the additive with spilling some of the fluid and the bottle got jammed in the filler opening.

jc6
Premium User jc6
0 forum posts Joined on 07-Aug-2017
Preventive maintenance  Posted on 02 Jan 2018

Features 4/5 Performance 5/5
Design 3/5 Price 3/5

Citroen Grand Picasso

The engine sounds more refined and acceleration is smoother too when driving up steeper slope (full load of 7 pax). No difference in fuel economy and no discernable difference in power or acceleration for normal road.

After removing the cap, the bottle opening was sealed tightly, the seal was difficult to open. No problem in pouring thanks to the "long neck" design of the bottle.

As it claim to clean the internal diesel injector deposits, I will use it as preventive maintenance

Preventive maintenance for fuel system.

NIL

sgq7559l
0 forum posts Joined on 01-Aug-2016
Works just as claimed!  Posted on 30 Dec 2017

Features 4/5 Performance 5/5
Design 4/5 Price 2/5

Kia Carens

Was offered a sample to try it on my 1.5 year old Kia Carens. 1.8l diesel with 30000 Km mileage. The car was good and zippy but knowing the downside of city driving (as compared with highway driving) I thought no harm trying.
First tankful, initial 70 to 80km very pronounced improvement in throttle response. Felt like added 500cc worth of engine power. Thereafter, effects less noticeable. But was good enough to be felt as compared with before treatment. Less sluggish and more sprite in moving off. Fuel consumption at the end of my first fuel tank was negligible - plus 30km. Might be the additive or my driving but using the additive is definitely not going to increase consumption.
Overall, a effective product. I would use it, most prob every 50000km to rejuvenate my car.

Improving throttle response. ‘Added’ power.

Price a little steep. So I will save it for every 50000 Km versus using it regularly.

Totalkaputt
Premium User Totalkaputt
7 forum posts Joined on 10-Jul-2006
Impressed with the results  Posted on 29 Dec 2017

Design 5/5 Price 5/5

Citroen C4

My C4 Picasso is 7 months old with 20,000+ km on the clock, and first impressions are very promising. My normal route is 90% Highway, and based on the trip computer the average consumption for the last 7000+ km was about 4.7L/100km. On the tank wth Techron D, surprisingly the average consumption stayed at 4.7 despite me being stuck in a 3 hour causeway jam. The engine also seems slightly more quiet at idle.

After the following full tank fill up, the idle seems to be not so quiet any more (wondering if the quiet idle was due to combustion of the Techron D versus pure diesel), but acceleration doesn't sound as harsh and fuel economy looks promising at 4.5L/100km so far.

Improved fuel economy
Quieter idling

None.

jexus77
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Dec-2015
Techron D Concentrate Plus  Posted on 26 Dec 2017

Design 4/5 Price 3/5

Jaguar X-Type

I tested with a full tank of diesel. My car is only 11months young, and I am still enjoying the power and fuel economy of this vehicle however I chose to drive this vehicle.

I do feel a Slight improvement in response to the power or acceleration when I stepped on the accelerator. The roar of the engine is smoother too. When I switch the drive mode to economy, the fuel economy seemed to improve slightly, about 0.2km/litre perhap the improvement are still marginal because the car is new and not even due for her 1st servicing.

Currently trip computer reflect :-
Average FC 6.7L/100km
Best FC 4.0L/100km

The cap of the bottle was abit tricky to open but had no problem pouring the content into my fuel tank.

-Ease of Utilizing the Product

5 forum posts Joined on 07-Aug-2014
Smoothest ride in a long time  Posted on 26 Dec 2017

Design 5/5 Price 3/5

Volvo S80

I have owned my Volvo S80 D2 for more than 3 years, clocked up close to 88k Km, and had my fare share of trying different fuel and fuel enhancers. On my S80 with a dual clutch gearbox, using substandard fuel would cause my gear to jump especially from 1st to 2nd, its a lot like not having enough fuel before you do a manual gear change. I mitigated this jump by changing to a better brand of fuel and was pleased for a while. However, the big shock came when I was selected to do a trial for Techron® D Concentrate. I deliberately used all my diesel till the yellow light came up, pumped 65 litres of diesel after adding a bottle of the Concentrate. For a start, I went around really slowly pushing my pedal just enough to move forward, trying to see if I could create the jerking effect when you accelerate really slowly on a dual clutch gearbox, to my surprise, it was really smooth even at low speed. Next I went on to the highways to test the acceleration by merging into traffic at high speed, From the results I have gathered, I am pleased to announce that this is one of the best fuel enhancers I have tested and would recommend it to diesel engine vehicles, as it smoothen out the acceleration and brings it closer to a petrol vehicle.

Smoothness of the engine during acceleration

Most likely the price I need to pay to get another bottle to experience the same rush.

K5G1
109 forum posts Joined on 26-Mar-2014
Too short a trial distance/period to tell  Posted on 26 Dec 2017

Features 3/5 Performance 4/5
Design 3/5 Price 3/5

Renault Megane

Driving a fairly new (2018/04) Renault Megane IV sedan 1.5DCi.

Didn't think the engine needs a performance enhancer but since I picked up the sample...

The sample was good for a tankful of fuel, and I did 675km up till time I write this.

No change in routines nor driving style over the trial. Usual mixed heavy-but-moving highway (pre-peak & peak) and stop-start city driving.

Used the car's computer to help track changes.

Start: Average Speed @ 29.1 km/h. FC @ 5.5L/100km.
End: Average Speed @ 29.3 km/h. FC @ 5.5L/100km.

Intangibles aside, the Techron D Concentrate seems to have allowed slightly higher average speed without increasing FC. Or.. A slightly improved FC??

Didn't feel that the car ran quieter nor "more powerful"... But I'm not a road racer, and remember the car/engine is quite new and the Megane Sedan has a relatively good cabin noise isolation.

Too early, and too short a trial distance/period to tell more.

Think worth a "recommend" for older engines.

Nothing stands out, really. I do like thinking that I managed to get around quicker without using more fuel.

Nothing I didn't like. The guy at the petrol station did, at first, have bit difficulty pouring the Techron D Concentrate into the tank... had to help him.

ShawnKwek
Premium User ShawnKwek
2 forum posts Joined on 12-Jun-2015
Techron D Concentrate Plus  Posted on 26 Dec 2017

Features 4/5 Performance 4/5
Design 4/5 Price 4/5

Renault Fluence

Used the product on a half-tank of diesel instead of the empty tank recommended, hence results may not be fully reflective.

Felt a slight improvement in smoothness of the car at lower speeds. Fuel economy increased considerably by 0.5km/l.

Would recommend for diesel cars as a yearly maintenance routine, as product claims to (and likely will) remove deposits on diesel injectors and fuel system.

Savings due to better fuel economy.
Preventive maintenance for fuel system.

Nil.