Related Categories

Features
4/5 Performance
Design
4/5 Price
29 out of 30 (96.7%) reviewers said they would recommend this product to a friend.

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »
Ganwb79
142 forum posts Joined on 05-Jul-2016
Immediate impact after use  Posted on 23 Dec 2017

Renault Koleos

I used a bottle of this techron D on my last topup and happy to say that I see an immediate impact on my fuel consumption on this and the next tank. A modest 1-2 more km/litre but every bit helps! Been pumping at cheaper diesel options due to the steep price increase at the stations of the major fuel companies but always try to pump Caltex Techron at least once every few topups to clean my engine. With this product I would consider just using that instead.

Immediate improvement in fuel consumption

None

Jtis
Premium User Jtis
165 forum posts Joined on 14-Sep-2005
Probably good to use once in a while as preventive maintenance  Posted on 15 Dec 2017

Design 3/5 Price 4/5

BMW 535i

I tested this on a 535d with a full tank of diesel. The engine has always been quite refined but i thought it was just that tiny bit smoother with the Techron D added, although that could very well just be a placebo effect. My wife couldn't tell any difference at all though, both before and after i told her i added something to the diesel......

No discernable difference in power or acceleration to me. The fuel economy seemed to improve slightly, about 0.4km/litre on the trip computer after 500km but the improvement are perhaps too marginal to fully attribute to the product.

Although I think our local stations' diesel is probably considered good quality in general, this is an affordable product to use occasionally as preventive maintenance.

But here's the downside, I had some difficulty using the product. I don't know about other cars but mine has this metal flap at the fuel filler that cannot be forced open using the bottle sprout. I can't just use the diesel pump nozzle to open it, because it snaps shut as soon as i remove the nozzle. I had to spend a fair bit of time to slowly bit by bit feed the Techron D onto the metal flap and wait for it to seep past the flap into the tank. The vehicles waiting behind me were understandably very irritated with how long i took. An adaptor or a bottle sprout in that shape of the correct diesel pump nozzle size would be a definite improvement.

- Affordable preventable maintenance
- Potential fuel economy improvements

- Difficult to pour into fuel tank

Imac
Premium User Imac
667 forum posts Joined on 06-Jun-2005
Improvement Noted in 1st Bottle  Posted on 14 Dec 2017

Design 5/5 Price 4/5

Volvo V40

Thanks to MCF for providing this test sample for our 2 years old V40.

I added the Techron D into the fuel tank before filling up to full tank.

Can almost immediately notices the difference, the engine become more lively during acceralation and quieter during idea.

My average milage from FULL till 1/2 tank mark was about 500km, with the Techron D, milage increased more than 550km (about 10% Increase).

- Smooth StartUp.

Premium User EdmundCai
0 forum posts Joined on 17-Aug-2015
Improvement in FC and Response  Posted on 20 Feb 2018

Volvo V40

Tried this on my 2015 Volvo V40 D2, with mileage of 40k. Almost using up this tank of diesel and FC I’M getting is about 0.6km/L higher than my usual. Felt throttle response is slightly better as well, with more eager and torquey engine. On the overall good, however not sure how long this cleaned injectors effect will last.

- Improvement in FC and throttle response.
- Easy to administer.

JulianLimZhiKai
0 forum posts Joined on 11-Feb-2018
Slight performance increase in Q30  Posted on 11 Feb 2018

Infiniti QX80

The models on the website did not have a Q30 Premium, but this review is based on an Infiniti Q30 Premium.

After using Techron Concentrate, my fuel efficiency increased from a 3.8l/100km to a 3.6l/100km. Not sure if that is due to traffic conditions, but it definitely felt smoother after using the concentrate.

I have used other diesel-treating additives (STP Diesel Fuel Treatment) but hardly felt any significant changes. Granted that it may be a long-term effect.. Anyway, there are positive changes that you can immediately feel once you use the Techron Concentrate.

Easy to use, just pour into fuel tank before refuelling

Not too sure, this was given as a giveway prize. If it is priced similarly to STP Fuel Treatment, it will give STP a run for its money.

Melvwee
Premium User Melvwee
9 forum posts Joined on 12-Feb-2010
Slight improvement on new car  Posted on 05 Feb 2018

Features 4/5 Performance 3/5
Design 3/5 Price 3/5

Renault Megane

Added Techron D to my 6mths Renault Megane with 7k mileage. After driving about 200km, I do notice very slight improvement on FC but it could also be me being more conscious on my footing.

I truth this product will do great on older cars, will try it again when my megane hits 1 yr.

Internationally trusted brand, easily available at all Caltex stations.

- No indicator marker on the bottle to assist with the amount poured.
- Price could be more competitive.

cwyxoteam92
Premium User cwyxoteam92
0 forum posts Joined on 16-Oct-2016
Techron D Concentrate Plus  Posted on 05 Feb 2018
I will not recommend this product to a friend

Features 4/5 Performance 3/5
Design 4/5 Price 3/5

Renault Megane

My Megane has been less than 1 year when i tested this product. I have been pumping Caltex for around 6 months and felt that it can last me longer days as compared to other petrol stations.

Personally felt that it does not make much of a difference as i felt that the existing Caltex Diesel has the same element as Techron D Concentrate Plus

can easily to remove and insert into the fuel tank

I felt it has no much difference as compared to Caltex Diesel

lukeusesforce
13 forum posts Joined on 17-Feb-2015
Good product, would like to know how to use it to be worth the price though  Posted on 01 Feb 2018

Design 5/5 Price 4/5

Renault Fluence

My Fluence is going on 1.5 years with 38k on the odometer and zero issues. Although I am careful to feed it mostly on Caltex, if I am nearby Mandai, Serangoon North or Toh Tuck I will sometimes use what Europeans call "supermarket fuel" from Cn***y and S***T Energy. This produces noticeably rougher idling, and the performance likewise drops perceptibly.

On an almost empty tank, I added the Techron D Concentrate and then pumped a full tank of Cn***y. Here are my observations:
- Idling became smoother, on par with Caltex diesel (i.E. Almost no vibration), after about 100km or so.
- Performance returned to par with Caltex diesel.
- There was a slight improvement in FC from 17 to 18km/l (60% Morning peak expressway, 40% City.)

While for me it has a clearly proven effect I am not sure if I would keep using it as the price works out as follows:
$20/60l tank = 33c/litre
C****y diesel @ $1/litre + 33c = $1.33
But Caltex diesel is $1.40
...So the price difference doesn't seem great enough to justify the added hassle.

This is no doubt a great product, but the price confuses me. Maybe Chevron SG could advise if this product is meant to be used as a periodic fuel system flush, just like B***sone. If so, it would make way more sense.

Clear increase in power, smoother idling, reduction in FC.

It seems quite pricey for per-tank use, one bottle/tank works out to about 30c/litre extra.

StevTeo
Premium User StevTeo
12 forum posts Joined on 22-Nov-2015
Increased fuel economy (with pix to prove)  Posted on 10 Jan 2018

Features 4/5 Performance 2/5
Design 4/5 Price 1/5

Citroen Grand Picasso

Generally satisfied with product with improved fuel economy of 1km/l. However, the fuel economy seemed to return to initial state of economy.

My car is approx 9 months old from date of collection from AD. Maybe that's why can't see much difference

Engine sounds more refined during DPF regeneration.
More powerful acceleration from standstill.
Thoughtful long spout design for ease of application

A tad expensive
Effects didn't last for very long for my car

jaspersin
Premium User jaspersin
0 forum posts Joined on 23-Jun-2016
Smoother engine and increased mileage  Posted on 10 Jan 2018

Design 5/5 Price 5/5

BMW 116i

Used it on my 2yr old 116d

Engine felt smoother and sounded quieter.
Previously 1 tank of diesel can last me 850km.
Now with Techron D, I can go up to 1000km.
Impressive!

Premium User ganchinboon
0 forum posts Joined on 09-Feb-2014
TechronD Concentrate Plus  Posted on 10 Jan 2018

Renault Kangoo

I have been pumping with Caltex for their Diesel with Techron since my ride purchase three years ago and has since been a satisfied customer. However, the TechronD Concentrate Plus is even more effective in providing clean power without any sacrifice in fuel economy!

Better fuel economy with noticeable increase in power and torque for daily driving, brings a smile to your face during acceleration without burning a hole in your pocket!

As my full tank is only 50 litres, smaller packaging or bottle that treats a single full tank instead of 80 litres would be easier to use.

WeiFeng
0 forum posts Joined on 17-Nov-2017
Increase in power and FC  Posted on 10 Jan 2018

Features 5/5 Performance 4/5
Design 5/5 Price 3/5

Renault Kangoo

Gotten a sample from SgCarMart and tried it out
Before adding the concentrate, the vehicle has various issues such as rough start when the vehicle is cold, as well as rough idling causing the vehicle to stall itself when not in motion. The speedometer could fail at times as well.

After adding the concentrate, the vehicle feels more smooth and acceleration improved as well. Able to get to a higher speed in the same gear as compared to before. Rough starting and idling continue to exist but frequency of it happening has decreased visibly. Not sure if the concentrate is mainly the reason for this, but the speedometer hadn't failed once since the addition of the concentrate.

Have only been on one tank since then. Will have to observe if the improvement is only in this tank or subsequently as well.

Smoother ride
Better fuel consumption (750km, from ~700km previously)

Can be priced more competitively

Antzng
Premium User Antzng
33 forum posts Joined on 26-Jan-2013
Good Product with One Minor Issue.  Posted on 09 Jan 2018

Design 1/5 Price 3/5

Citroen Grand Picasso

After topping up with the Techron D Concentrate Plus on my 2 year old Citroen Grand C4 Picasso Diesel, the car felt smoother and slightly more responsive. I will definitely recommend this product if it is attractively priced.

The product works.

My ride is equipped with capless fuel filler. It was a challenge topping up the additive with spilling some of the fluid and the bottle got jammed in the filler opening.

jc6
Premium User jc6
0 forum posts Joined on 07-Aug-2017
Preventive maintenance  Posted on 02 Jan 2018

Features 4/5 Performance 5/5
Design 3/5 Price 3/5

Citroen Grand Picasso

The engine sounds more refined and acceleration is smoother too when driving up steeper slope (full load of 7 pax). No difference in fuel economy and no discernable difference in power or acceleration for normal road.

After removing the cap, the bottle opening was sealed tightly, the seal was difficult to open. No problem in pouring thanks to the "long neck" design of the bottle.

As it claim to clean the internal diesel injector deposits, I will use it as preventive maintenance

Preventive maintenance for fuel system.

NIL

sgq7559l
0 forum posts Joined on 01-Aug-2016
Works just as claimed!  Posted on 30 Dec 2017

Features 4/5 Performance 5/5
Design 4/5 Price 2/5

Kia Carens

Was offered a sample to try it on my 1.5 year old Kia Carens. 1.8l diesel with 30000 Km mileage. The car was good and zippy but knowing the downside of city driving (as compared with highway driving) I thought no harm trying.
First tankful, initial 70 to 80km very pronounced improvement in throttle response. Felt like added 500cc worth of engine power. Thereafter, effects less noticeable. But was good enough to be felt as compared with before treatment. Less sluggish and more sprite in moving off. Fuel consumption at the end of my first fuel tank was negligible - plus 30km. Might be the additive or my driving but using the additive is definitely not going to increase consumption.
Overall, a effective product. I would use it, most prob every 50000km to rejuvenate my car.

Improving throttle response. ‘Added’ power.

Price a little steep. So I will save it for every 50000 Km versus using it regularly.

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »