Related Categories

Features
4/5 Performance
Design
4/5 Price
23 out of 23 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this product to a friend.

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »
SunsetSorento
Premium User SunsetSorento
37 forum posts Joined on 15-Jun-2016
It works!  Posted on 12 Jan 2018

Design 5/5 Price 4/5

Kia Sorento

I drive a 2016 Sorento which is about 1.5years old and clocked around 43,000km when i decided to give the Techron D plus (sample given by MCF) a try. I've always been skeptical about products like this as I've have tried some but only got negligible results at best.

The car drives really well and was last serviced at 40,000km. After topping up 70L of Esso fuel, imagine my pleasnt surprise! The diesel clatter was noticeable quieter and the power delivery was smoothe! Throttle response was marginally better as well. Most importantly FC inproved by 5-10%. Awesome! Kudous caltex!

Improved FC

4305 forum posts Joined on 07-Jun-2006
Techron D Concentrate Plus  Posted on 08 Jan 2018

Design 3/5 Price 1/5

Renault Megane

My Megane hatchback is about 1.5yrs old and didn't really notice any improvement in fuel consumption. However, the engine sounded relatively quieter and more refined after adding the product.

Quieter engine

Retail price is quite steep

Vinceng
Premium User Vinceng
NOS-ed
3507 forum posts Joined on 28-Aug-2007
Significant improvement in fuel consumption and engine refinement  Posted on 30 Dec 2017

Design 1/5 Price 2/5

Kia Sorento

Immediate improvement in fuel consumption and the engine sounds more refined with less audible diesel clatter

- Design * rating is not applicable for this product

- Significant improvement in fuel economy
- Engine sounds more refined
- Engine is more willing to rev
- Less sluggish on a full load of 7 pax

The price - costly

Ganwb79
114 forum posts Joined on 05-Jul-2016
Immediate impact after use  Posted on 23 Dec 2017

Design 4/5 Price 4/5

Renault Koleos

I used a bottle of this techron D on my last topup and happy to say that I see an immediate impact on my fuel consumption on this and the next tank. A modest 1-2 more km/litre but every bit helps! Been pumping at cheaper diesel options due to the steep price increase at the stations of the major fuel companies but always try to pump Caltex Techron at least once every few topups to clean my engine. With this product I would consider just using that instead.

Immediate improvement in fuel consumption

None

Jtis
Premium User Jtis
146 forum posts Joined on 14-Sep-2005
Probably good to use once in a while as preventive maintenance  Posted on 15 Dec 2017

Design 3/5 Price 4/5

BMW 535i

I tested this on a 535d with a full tank of diesel. The engine has always been quite refined but i thought it was just that tiny bit smoother with the Techron D added, although that could very well just be a placebo effect. My wife couldn't tell any difference at all though, both before and after i told her i added something to the diesel......

No discernable difference in power or acceleration to me. The fuel economy seemed to improve slightly, about 0.4km/litre on the trip computer after 500km but the improvement are perhaps too marginal to fully attribute to the product.

Although I think our local stations' diesel is probably considered good quality in general, this is an affordable product to use occasionally as preventive maintenance.

But here's the downside, I had some difficulty using the product. I don't know about other cars but mine has this metal flap at the fuel filler that cannot be forced open using the bottle sprout. I can't just use the diesel pump nozzle to open it, because it snaps shut as soon as i remove the nozzle. I had to spend a fair bit of time to slowly bit by bit feed the Techron D onto the metal flap and wait for it to seep past the flap into the tank. The vehicles waiting behind me were understandably very irritated with how long i took. An adaptor or a bottle sprout in that shape of the correct diesel pump nozzle size would be a definite improvement.

- Affordable preventable maintenance
- Potential fuel economy improvements

- Difficult to pour into fuel tank

Imac
Premium User Imac
626 forum posts Joined on 06-Jun-2005
Improvement Noted in 1st Bottle  Posted on 14 Dec 2017

Design 5/5 Price 4/5

Volvo V40

Thanks to MCF for providing this test sample for our 2 years old V40.

I added the Techron D into the fuel tank before filling up to full tank.

Can almost immediately notices the difference, the engine become more lively during acceralation and quieter during idea.

My average milage from FULL till 1/2 tank mark was about 500km, with the Techron D, milage increased more than 550km (about 10% Increase).

- Smooth StartUp.

Increased fuel economy (with pix to prove)  Posted on 10 Jan 2018

Features 4/5 Performance 2/5
Design 4/5 Price 1/5

Citroen Grand Picasso

Generally satisfied with product with improved fuel economy of 1km/l. However, the fuel economy seemed to return to initial state of economy.

My car is approx 9 months old from date of collection from AD. Maybe that's why can't see much difference

Engine sounds more refined during DPF regeneration.
More powerful acceleration from standstill.
Thoughtful long spout design for ease of application

A tad expensive
Effects didn't last for very long for my car

jaspersin
Premium User jaspersin
0 forum posts Joined on 23-Jun-2016
Smoother engine and increased mileage  Posted on 10 Jan 2018

Design 5/5 Price 5/5

BMW 116i

Used it on my 2yr old 116d

Engine felt smoother and sounded quieter.
Previously 1 tank of diesel can last me 850km.
Now with Techron D, I can go up to 1000km.
Impressive!

0 forum posts Joined on 09-Feb-2014
TechronD Concentrate Plus  Posted on 10 Jan 2018

Design 4/5 Price 4/5

Renault Kangoo

I have been pumping with Caltex for their Diesel with Techron since my ride purchase three years ago and has since been a satisfied customer. However, the TechronD Concentrate Plus is even more effective in providing clean power without any sacrifice in fuel economy!

Better fuel economy with noticeable increase in power and torque for daily driving, brings a smile to your face during acceleration without burning a hole in your pocket!

As my full tank is only 50 litres, smaller packaging or bottle that treats a single full tank instead of 80 litres would be easier to use.

WeiFeng
0 forum posts Joined on 17-Nov-2017
Increase in power and FC  Posted on 10 Jan 2018

Features 5/5 Performance 4/5
Design 5/5 Price 3/5

Renault Kangoo

Gotten a sample from SgCarMart and tried it out
Before adding the concentrate, the vehicle has various issues such as rough start when the vehicle is cold, as well as rough idling causing the vehicle to stall itself when not in motion. The speedometer could fail at times as well.

After adding the concentrate, the vehicle feels more smooth and acceleration improved as well. Able to get to a higher speed in the same gear as compared to before. Rough starting and idling continue to exist but frequency of it happening has decreased visibly. Not sure if the concentrate is mainly the reason for this, but the speedometer hadn't failed once since the addition of the concentrate.

Have only been on one tank since then. Will have to observe if the improvement is only in this tank or subsequently as well.

Smoother ride
Better fuel consumption (750km, from ~700km previously)

Can be priced more competitively

Antzng
Premium User Antzng
31 forum posts Joined on 26-Jan-2013
Good Product with One Minor Issue.  Posted on 09 Jan 2018

Design 1/5 Price 3/5

Citroen Grand Picasso

After topping up with the Techron D Concentrate Plus on my 2 year old Citroen Grand C4 Picasso Diesel, the car felt smoother and slightly more responsive. I will definitely recommend this product if it is attractively priced.

The product works.

My ride is equipped with capless fuel filler. It was a challenge topping up the additive with spilling some of the fluid and the bottle got jammed in the filler opening.

jc6
Premium User jc6
0 forum posts Joined on 07-Aug-2017
Preventive maintenance  Posted on 02 Jan 2018

Design 3/5 Price 3/5

Citroen Grand Picasso

The engine sounds more refined and acceleration is smoother too when driving up steeper slope (full load of 7 pax). No difference in fuel economy and no discernable difference in power or acceleration for normal road.

After removing the cap, the bottle opening was sealed tightly, the seal was difficult to open. No problem in pouring thanks to the "long neck" design of the bottle.

As it claim to clean the internal diesel injector deposits, I will use it as preventive maintenance

Preventive maintenance for fuel system.

NIL

sgq7559l
0 forum posts Joined on 01-Aug-2016
Works just as claimed!  Posted on 30 Dec 2017

Design 4/5 Price 2/5

Kia Carens

Was offered a sample to try it on my 1.5 year old Kia Carens. 1.8l diesel with 30000 Km mileage. The car was good and zippy but knowing the downside of city driving (as compared with highway driving) I thought no harm trying.
First tankful, initial 70 to 80km very pronounced improvement in throttle response. Felt like added 500cc worth of engine power. Thereafter, effects less noticeable. But was good enough to be felt as compared with before treatment. Less sluggish and more sprite in moving off. Fuel consumption at the end of my first fuel tank was negligible - plus 30km. Might be the additive or my driving but using the additive is definitely not going to increase consumption.
Overall, a effective product. I would use it, most prob every 50000km to rejuvenate my car.

Improving throttle response. ‘Added’ power.

Price a little steep. So I will save it for every 50000 Km versus using it regularly.

Totalkaputt
Premium User Totalkaputt
7 forum posts Joined on 10-Jul-2006
Impressed with the results  Posted on 29 Dec 2017

Design 5/5 Price 5/5

Citroen C4

My C4 Picasso is 7 months old with 20,000+ km on the clock, and first impressions are very promising. My normal route is 90% Highway, and based on the trip computer the average consumption for the last 7000+ km was about 4.7L/100km. On the tank wth Techron D, surprisingly the average consumption stayed at 4.7 despite me being stuck in a 3 hour causeway jam. The engine also seems slightly more quiet at idle.

After the following full tank fill up, the idle seems to be not so quiet any more (wondering if the quiet idle was due to combustion of the Techron D versus pure diesel), but acceleration doesn't sound as harsh and fuel economy looks promising at 4.5L/100km so far.

Improved fuel economy
Quieter idling

None.

jexus77
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Dec-2015
Techron D Concentrate Plus  Posted on 26 Dec 2017

Design 4/5 Price 3/5

Jaguar X-Type

I tested with a full tank of diesel. My car is only 11months young, and I am still enjoying the power and fuel economy of this vehicle however I chose to drive this vehicle.

I do feel a Slight improvement in response to the power or acceleration when I stepped on the accelerator. The roar of the engine is smoother too. When I switch the drive mode to economy, the fuel economy seemed to improve slightly, about 0.2km/litre perhap the improvement are still marginal because the car is new and not even due for her 1st servicing.

Currently trip computer reflect :-
Average FC 6.7L/100km
Best FC 4.0L/100km

The cap of the bottle was abit tricky to open but had no problem pouring the content into my fuel tank.

-Ease of Utilizing the Product