Related Categories

Features
4/5 Performance
Design
4/5 Price
9 out of 10 (90%) reviewers said they would recommend this product to a friend.

Andysg
7 forum posts Joined on 01-May-2009
Excellent handling and grip  Posted on 16 Oct 2017

Lexus IS250

Drove for 18440 km and tyre still remains more then 50% Tread. Even wear. Reviewed on June 14, 2016 at tyrereviews.Co.Uk

- Grip
- Handling
- Wear (on RWD) - 35000km (rear)

- Wear (on RWD) - 22000km (front)
- Noise after 20000km

longhaul
0 forum posts Joined on 06-Oct-2017
The water cutter  Posted on 06 Oct 2017

Volkswagen Passat

There is certainly no question ask whether if the S001 would perform well in either the wet or in the dry, it actually performs just as well or surpassing any other performance tyre would offer.

Have drove with this tyres on 1 occasion in a very heavy rain...In fact a torrential rain...It was along the AYE towards Jurong after coming out from the MCE tunnel. It was pouring heavily then and was also coupled with a strong cross wind during the drive. I know at that time, I am under the mercy of only 2 rubbers...Which are>>the Wipers and >>the Tyres. I was on my way to a meeting and was running late and I was travelling in that condition at 90km/h to close till about 120/km/h. I knew I was pushing between the line of Life and Death but having the thought of arriving the meeting with everyone staring at me is worst than death itself. The mileage on the tyres at that time was about over 12,000km. I'm glad to say it roll my through the storm without having me to break a sweat and I was however just only about 5mins late arrived at the meeting:)

Having already my experience with the excellent performance of S001, the dry performance on the other hand is none other than Excellent as well.

The only thing that you need to put up with, is the noise it produce when being used above the 15,000km mark which is what I am experiencing currently. Other than this, I definitely give the S001 a full Five Star rating on both the wet & dry.

The design

238 forum posts Joined on 30-May-2009
Grippy tyres  Posted on 18 Oct 2016

Design 5/5 Price 5/5

Mercedes-Benz E200

Very grippy tyres in both dry and wet roads. Now I feel more confident on the roads.

Slightly noisy compared to my stock tyres, but I guess those were designed for comfort and silence.

as above

as above

Tigershark1976
Premium User Tigershark1976
2Fast2Furious
7069 forum posts Joined on 24-Aug-2005
Good tyre, with reasonable price  Posted on 21 Jan 2016

Toyota Vios

Owned this tyre and last on my ride for +-40K, overall good performer in handling, wet and dry braking. A bit noisy when reach over 30K. Would recomend to others.

Breaking in wet & dry

Price slightly above other choices.

Pwnstar
0 forum posts Joined on 24-Jun-2013
Tyre brand that can be trusted!  Posted on 16 Jan 2016

Design 5/5 Price 3/5

Mitsubishi Evolution

Try this set of tyres on my car. I had no issues with regards to grip in the dry or wet road, when used as fast road tyres. I found these tyres to be very responsive. The tyres are very predictable at their limits and found that I could keep control of the vehicle easily and considering the performance and price of these tyres, I will definitely buy these again, and would recommend them to any owner who are looking for good performance tyres.

The nice handling of my car.

Thread-life. It wears off faster.

Kohanson
Premium User Kohanson
260 forum posts Joined on 01-Sep-2006
Good and grippy tires  Posted on 22 Nov 2015

Honda Integra

Have used these tyres and lasted for 2 years plus. The grip is really good and sidewall is strong. It is stable when taking corners and works well in wet weather. However, the tyres start making noise after plus.

Durable

Jckok888
51 forum posts Joined on 30-Jul-2010
Good performace tyre  Posted on 30 Jun 2015

Audi A4

Recently change back to S001 after tried CSC5. CSC5 sidewall is soft, it is quiet and comfortable for passenger but not fit my aggressive driving style.
The Bridgestone S001 has harder sidewall, handling and cornering feedback are best.

Harder sidewall
Good handling and cornering
Can easy drive to high speed without worry

A bit noise
slightly pricey
Local agent tires can be out of stock for certain period

AceNspade
0 forum posts Joined on 05-Aug-2013
Reasonable set of performance tyres!  Posted on 05 Feb 2015
I will not recommend this product to a friend

Features 3/5 Performance 4/5
Design 2/5 Price 3/5

Subaru Impreza

Have tried this S001 only lasted 2 years/30000km. Performance wise, S001 is comparable for other similar tyre. This tyre performed as expected, subjectively offering confident braking and handling. Noise level still okay. But I think I am disappointed is the low mileage that this tyre offer. I would not recommend this for those who like performance and yet also concern about durability.

Performance and handling as expected from Bridgestone

Mileage

Shadmanikerman
0 forum posts Joined on 22-Aug-2013
Good tyres for its price.  Posted on 02 Sep 2013

Features 4/5 Performance 4/5
Design 4/5 Price 4/5

These tyres are impressive on the wet, has very high levels of wet traction and give very progressive wet handling making the car easy to control in the wet. Dry performance lets me down though, steering precision is lacking, the car feels bouncy and grip levels aren't what you'd expect from a max performance-claimed Bridestone tyres. The sidewalls are quite soft too, thus aggressive drivers won't be all to happy with this tyres. Overall the S001 is ok on the streets, great for all-around because of the wet handling, but they're just no performance tyres.

Very impressive wet grip and traction.

Not so good in delivering its performance-claimed name.

Herong
225 forum posts Joined on 31-May-2006
Recommended tyre for daily drive  Posted on 10 Jul 2013

Features 4/5 Performance 4/5
Design 4/5 Price 3/5

Have been using this tyre for a year, this tyre is quite durable, been using it on my bmw for 1 year now. It has good wet grip and dry weather grip, as expected from bridgestone tyres. Got this brand new at 210 per piece for 17inch. Downside side would be that its a bit noisy and the tyres are hard so ride comfort may not be that good. Good enough for the sports oriented family man.

Good wet weather grip and reasonable price

Can be a bit noisy but still acceptable