Related Categories

Features
4/5 Performance
Design
4/5 Price
4 out of 4 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this product to a friend.

Amgm125
Premium User Amgm125
221 forum posts Joined on 11-Jul-2006
Value for money tyre for road/track  Posted on 06 Dec 2017

Features 4/5 Performance 4/5
Design 4/5 Price 4/5

I installed this on
Mitsubishi Evolution

Bought these yokohama AD08 tyres for an upcoming track day and..Boy they didn't disappoint on track. On a day to day road use basis it's slightly noisy, ride quality is acceptable as the tyre sidewalls isn't that hard.

On road - Dry grip is very good, wet grip acceptable for a summer tyre. Noisy at times.

On track - Excellent dry grip, consistent performance for at least 5-8 laps before losing grip due to heat. It'll lose grip in a predictable manner, not falling off a cliff or snap oversteer.

- Relatively affordable price for my tyre size.
- Excellent dry grip
- Consistent performer on track
- Predictable on limit

- Slightly soft tyre sidewall.
- Noisy at times

ANyhowaNythingAnywherRe
0 forum posts Joined on 05-Aug-2013
Performs like a beast on the tarmac when pushed to the limits.  Posted on 09 Aug 2013

Features 5/5 Performance 5/5
Design 5/5 Price 4/5

These set of Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 wouldn't give you the comfortable, smooth ride, but gives your car the extra boost needed to be pushed to its limits! Grips on dry or wet tarmac perfectly, the way you wanted sports tyres to perform for you. Slightly noisy, not so smooth compared to other comfortable tyres. Performs like a beast round bends, tight roads, sharp corners, all done for you by these set of tyres.

Superb handling and performance offered by these set of tyres. Definitely worth every cent I paid for!

Isn't a laid back, comfortable set of tyres, so most daily drivers won't be looking at these for any longer than a minute.

Peekarppp
1 forum posts Joined on 11-Jun-2013
Super grippy tyres, sad that they're not very comfortable  Posted on 17 Jun 2013

Features 4/5 Performance 5/5
Design 4/5 Price 3/5

The dry and wet grip is probably the best gripping out of the few tyres I've used so far. I'm currently at about 2000 km with these tyres and they're only beginning to show some tread wear. There is no aquaplaning, and the handling is super good. However, the ride comfort is quite harsh and the noise is louder than I'm used to. It's still a good tyre overall though.

Dry and wet grip is amazing, the tread life is quite long (I think), no aquaplaning and very good handling.

Harsh ride and quite expensive

VolksBarSG
263 forum posts Joined on 16-May-2013
Highly recommend tyres  Posted on 06 Jun 2013

Features 4/5 Performance 5/5
Design 3/5 Price 2/5

In all endeavors, these 08s are effortless, noiseless, and predictable past cornering traction limits (slow & easy break, gentile recovery). Truly point & shoot! They deliver premium performance in all conditions. I am constantly working to find the limits of these tires. These tyres deliver on hairpins and slaloms and also have excellent acceleration and braking grip. I highly recommend these tires if you want maximum performance on a street tyre.

Excellent performance.