Consumer Reviews of SgGarage Edwin

JacobCecil
0 forum posts Joined on 22-Jan-2015
Aircondition troubleshooting  Posted on 27-May-2015
Hi

I visited Edwin's shop after multiple visit to other workshop to identify the root cause of my intermittent cooling of the car (Subaru impreza) . Compressor was cutting on and off at irregular intervals. Many of the mechanics identified that it was compressor high time for replacement. I was still not convinced that compressor was faulty ,so I took my car to Edwin and I am very pleased with his troubleshooting methods and with his experience of troubleshooting similar cases .He checked the air con system and concluded that compressor was functioning efficiently . Root cause was most probably the Thermostat . He agreed to change it and check if the problem was solved . Finally it did work and aircon functions as it should and cuts off only when the interior is cold .I am very pleased with his professionalism and its value for money . Post Management Response

Blueodyssey
139 forum posts Joined on 22-Dec-2009
Replacement of Air Con Coil & Compressor  Posted on 18-May-2015
My Camry air-con has been giving me problems intermittently.
It's not cold when the car is stationary but works perfectly fine when the car is moving.

After reading the positive reviews here, I decided to visit SgGarage.
Indeed, Edwin is very patient and his team attempted to diagnose the air-con issue.
Discovered the gas was leaking.
Instead of pushing me to replace the coil immediately, he topped up the gas for me and asked me to monitor the situation for a few days.

Few days later, I returned to let them check again. The gas leaked and they were pretty sure the coil was faulty. The compressor might be failing too. But they advised me to replace the coil first and put the compressor on hold as I only left with 1.5 years with my car.

I heed their advice and arranged for an appointment for the replacement. It was a huge "Operation" Whereby the whole dashboard has to be removed. The price they quoted was pretty reasonable. Their workshop is pretty clean and I am quite comfortable to let them do the job especially they have done a few of the same car models.

On the day of replacement, one of the mechanics there witnessed the fault of the compressor and I ended up changing the compressor as well. Both jobs took about 1 day. Edwin was responsive with his messages as well.

During the car collection, Edwin and team patiently ensured that all dashboard controls are working well. Edwin managed to re-tune my tv channels too.

Definitely recommend SgGarage for air-con issues!

Thanks for the nice job done, which definitely makes me less painful with the amount I spent. Post Management Response

Robinsoul
Premium User Robinsoul
2 forum posts Joined on 23-Mar-2010
Servicing, battery, fan belt replacement  Posted on 15-May-2015
Friendly boss and friendly workers equal happy customer.
Best of all, price is very reasonable.
Top up some power steering oil and engine oil without any extra charges totally nail it.
So far all the workshop I went before will definitely ask me to purchase 1 litre bottle of engine oil to top it up or charge me addition for it as my car require a little bit more than 4 litre.
Staff are also very knowledgeable and fast hand fast leg with proper installing of my fan belt. Thump up Post Management Response

Afandiishak
0 forum posts Joined on 14-Oct-2012
Recommended Workshop  Posted on 06-May-2015
Have been to Edwin since his early days at HDB MSCP. Went for Aircon Flushing and change of reverse camera. Honest guy who charges a reasonable price. Last and not least, A job well done and given a discount too. Highly recommended. Post Management Response

HdBanger
Premium User HdBanger
143 forum posts Joined on 07-Jun-2005
Pleasant service  Posted on 26-Apr-2015
Had communication problems with edwin initially to book an appt for installation of iRoad v7. Took him a few hrs to respond to my cost query, assume he's busy through the day. Reasonable price.
Still, he was helpful in providing updates for later days, and open for booking. I finally arranged to see him earlier today. Clear directions to his workshop was provided.
True enough, it was crowded with about 5-10 customers. Was kind enough to respond, and update me on waiting time. Installation was about 30min, and he was kind enough to answer some audio related queries.
Quickly briefed me on the usage of the dashcam. Before i politely excused myself to allow him to get back to work. Will go back to him when need anything car-related. Thanks again, edwin! Post Management Response

Bitae2910
0 forum posts Joined on 01-Oct-2012
Went to resolve Aircon problem  Posted on 25-Jan-2015
Was greeted by Edwin, after some checking reverted cooling coil leaking. Went ahead to do replacement. They will dismantle the whole dashboard, will be ready at night time 9pm. Very good effort from him. Will attack the root cause of problem, not jus workaround! I have also seen the broken coil that was leaking. Flushing and cleaning was done as well. All at reasonable price. The only thing I have to redo my pioneer hu settings again, no worries... Post Management Response

Dino-Lee
Premium User Dino-Lee
377 forum posts Joined on 23-Sep-2014
Honest staff  Posted on 17-Jan-2015
Own a vezel and went there to fix floor ligths. First time they tried doing this on vezel and manage to integrate the on/off switch with the door ligth control. Very good go. Post Management Response

Deckbuild
Premium User Deckbuild
Turbocharged
5805 forum posts Joined on 01-Apr-2011
Wrapping  Posted on 23-Dec-2014
Fantastic shop, very honest and good value, provide tonnes of other services other than wrapping. Do support them! Post Management Response

Brilliance105
0 forum posts Joined on 08-Jul-2013
Estima Cooling Coil Repair. WELL DONE SGGARAGE! Edwin is great!  Posted on 15-Dec-2014
I must say, SG Garage's service is just fabulous for my experience with Edwin today changing my cooling coil for my Estima. I reach the workshop without much difficulties, Edwin gave very clear instructions via SMS and I reach there just in time that the workshop opens at 12noon.

He was very ensuring to what I have to describe about the symptoms that I am facing. He is customer oriented, even offer me a ride to Yishun MRT and even willing to drive back my car to Punggol and I pick it up from there as I staying at the east.

Not only the service, but it is definitely what he state in the website, guaranteed cheaper than the other "internet famous" workshop such as M**kC**l & K** Aircon.

Trust me, no matter where u stay in Singapore, it is definitely worth it!

Edwin is a honest and genuine guy, and patient for his profession. Thank you Edwin Post Management Response

Vj231158
3 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
excellent service and professional job  Posted on 12-Dec-2014
Went there with my dad's Toyota wish. Had a bad aircon compressor. Other places quoted me $150 higher and said it will be a 4hour job. Sggarage said it will be a 1hour job and I was very sceptical about the time frame. true to their word the minute they started the professional mechanic got to work removing the parts like he has done it a 1000times and in exactly 27 minutes the old compressor was out and the new one was in with the belting and everything else in place. another 30minutes was taken by the aircon recharging machine which added new oil and gas and the car was ready 3 minutes earlier than said. Very happy to have chosen such a professional workshop and would definitely recommend others. Their customer service is another plus point where they engage in friendly conversation and offer chilled drinks. Puts the owner at ease knowing they are professionals. Post Management Response

Priesty
0 forum posts Joined on 16-Jun-2012
Aircon Services  Posted on 30-Oct-2014
Went down days ago to check on my air-con system. Edwin was nice and diagnose on it. Found out that 1 of the part was malfunction and was firm that after changing the part, it will solve the problem. Appreciate that people like him knows his stuff well and I would recommend customer's who is facing issue on their air condition to pay him a visit.

Overall experience was good but just perhaps the waiting time. I give 5 stars for their knowledge and skills Post Management Response

Shahrizal
Premium User Shahrizal
8 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Audio Specialist  Posted on 29-Oct-2014
First impression is the key to customer satisfaction. I'm impressed with the workmanship that Edwin supplies. Friendly, polite and sincere. I will surely return for more stuffs! Post Management Response

kimikoh
0 forum posts Joined on 07-Oct-2014
SgGarage Edwin is POWER, SOLID, HONEST AND FAST  Posted on 07-Oct-2014
Went to a 2 other workshop to check out my aircon compressor as my aircon has intermittent cold and hot issue thus not in a rush to repair it. The issue has been dragging for quite a while as most workshop i went to insisted that the whole compressor was gone and had to change a new one. Driving lancer EX anyway.

Was quoted $500+ by Edwin (he mentioned in the worst case scenario) as compared to $600+ by others workshop. He also mentioned that he need to inspect the vehicle as there might be still be hope and maybe can help to save some monies.

Went down to the workshop. fully packed. its a good thing because no car means carrot head.. got full house means this workshop can make it thats why gain recognition. Despite the busy schedule, Edwin came out to inspect the vehicle. Within careful and experience diagnose in 5 min, he mentioned that I could change the whole pulley set and solve the problem. More work for him but cheaper alternative that could solve my problem.

Went ahead to schedule my car for him to do. went to the coffeeshop beside to wait and watch my ipad. within 2 hours, received that the car is ready. the change parts was laid nicely beside and he use the torch light to show me which part was changed. SUPER duper honest and good workshop that took trouble and spend time to show customer what they are paying for and explain the logic to them instead of rushing them.

I strongly recommend Edwin as the workshop to go because they are helping customer to solve real problem and not trying to chop u like other workshop which they think we dont know the problem. kuddos to edwin and team for the efficient, honest and fast work! will definitely return to him for servicing, and audio works too.. 1-stop workshop!

PS: this is the long way to go for Edwin, good work on 1 car will spread 10 cars.. 10 cars will spread 100 cars. 100 cars spread 10000000... so on.. one day you will be well known in people's mouth! Post Management Response

Jp66
2844 forum posts Joined on 21-Mar-2010
Aircon repair  Posted on 13-Sep-2014
Recommended by a friend. Job well done with aircon coil replacement. Ensure cabling are intact with diagnostics device. Highly recommend for aircon repair.

Keep it up! Edwin.

Regards,
Camry owner Post Management Response

cllq
Premium User cllq
571 forum posts Joined on 30-Jun-2014
Good Customer Service, Reasonably priced workshop in North  Posted on 18-Aug-2014
First time been to SG Garage was to change some LED bulbs to enhance the visibility, then did minor servicing with Edwin and did air con flushing.

Edwin is a friendly chap who will advise drivers what's good for the car. A person who doesnt take short cuts too. Highly recommended and will be back for servicing soon Post Management Response

• « Back ( 1 2 3 4 ) Next »