2018 Subaru XV and Impreza get five-star Euro NCAP

Subaru Impreza voted as Japan's rally hero

Seven iconic cars only '90s kids will remember

Brace for an exciting EPL season with Castrol

This is an old car model that is no longer for sale by the local distributor since Jul 2011.
Car Review - Subaru WRX 2.5 (M) 2007 vs WRX 2.5 (M) 5 door 2008
13 Feb 2008  |  Comparison Reviews
"Mine is newer than yours." "But mine's faster." Just one of those times...
   Consumer Reviews of Subaru Impreza WRX

Comfort 1.0 Reliability 2.0
Handling 3.0 Features 1.0
Exterior Styling 2.0 Interior Design 2.0
Value for money 3.0 Engine Performance 5.0

Cheap sport sedan that anyone can afford.
Reasonably quick off the line
Awd handling and grip is pretty good.

Cheap But Powerful

Comfort 1.0 Reliability 3.0
Handling 4.0 Features 2.0
Exterior Styling 4.0 Interior Design 2.0
Value for money 1.0 Engine Performance 5.0

This outdated pocket rocket will appeal to boy racers. Typical Beng mobile with a small boot space. Not advised for family with kids.

Its 2 litres JDM engine performance, styling & handling.

These car are (YOM) manufacture in 2007, kept in stock for the past 4 years. Price is a joke.

Sp33dst3r
271 forum posts Joined on 11-Dec-2009
Big price tag for a 3 year old!  Posted on 02 Mar 2010

Comfort 3.0 Reliability 3.0
Handling 4.0 Features 4.0
Exterior Styling 4.0 Interior Design 4.0
Value for money 1.0 Engine Performance 5.0

This is one of the best looking Impreza ever made! Powerful 2 litre twin scroll EJ20 engine. All round brembo brakes. For a 3 years old, its ridiculously priced at $115k! Great buy if the price is right!

Sporty styling, Hardcore engine performance, 2 litre instead of 2.5 Litre engine. Twin scroll turbocharger. AWD.

Year of manufactured(MOY) in 2007, too big a price tag for a 3 years old. Out-dated.

Rawjak
117 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
can buy.  Posted on 15 Mar 2008

Comfort 5.0 Reliability 5.0
Handling 5.0 Features 3.0
Exterior Styling 3.0 Interior Design 3.0
Value for money 5.0 Engine Performance 5.0

value for money for a performance car.
dollar to horse power ratio worth to buy.

wrx exclusive or so called the trademark colour..... WR Blue Mica

the manual wrx now comes with a 2.5L engine.
no more 2.0L... sigh

Colincheong
0 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Sweetest handling car I ever had, best therapy for the blues  Posted on 05 Feb 2008

Comfort 5.0 Reliability 5.0
Handling 5.0 Features 5.0
Exterior Styling 5.0 Interior Design 4.0
Value for money 4.0 Engine Performance 5.0

I use the Subaru WRX as the baseline for comparison with all other cars. I had one briefly, until my driver improvement points came one offence short of losing my licence.

I cannot comment on the NEW hatchback WRX, but the sedans were superb cars. If you can still get one, do. The hatchbacks may drive better, but I still think the sedans look better. Few of my friends agree, but they've not driven WRXs.

A WRX is not a chick magnet - in fact, all my female friends said it was kind of ugly. One less informed friend wouldn't even call it a sports car. But he drives a Sonata.

Mine was a WRX - the level between the TS and STi cars. But I was given all the options - triple gauges, sport shift etc etc.

A Subaru WRX (without STi treatment) has precise handling, gives excellent feedback without feeling rough, has excellent brake feel and a very slick manual shift. It gets fast quickly, whether in 2 l or 2.5 l capacities. Turbo lag must have been brief because I never really felt it. The car was just quick, powerful and totally responsive. It felt big at first, but once I got used to it, parking etc were no longer problems.

The car was totally stable at speed and every corner was pure pleasure - whether slow or fast. The car just handled so well. Every control - gas pedal, brake, clutch, shift, steering - seemed so perfectly adjusted, so finely calibrated that just flexing a muscle would have changed an input.

Although it had a nice audio system, I left mine off most of the time simply because nothing sounded better than the car. My friends said it sounded even better from the outside when I drove up or drove past.

The WRX cabin is always a major improvement over the TS cabin. All the sport trim, the racing wheel, the extra dials! Every time I got into the car and sat down for a moment, any bad feelings I had would disappear. After a drive, I would get out feeling great. Refreshed, energized, ready for anything because I had a great car behind me.

The car really speaks to your gut. Although it was not an all out STi, I was perfectly happy with its balance of performance and comfort. My family did not even realize what it really was - a sports car!

A WRX has all the niceties of a family car - but make no mistake, a WRX is truly a driver's car. Now my DIPs are back to 0, I'm trying to earn enough for an S204, Subaru's last take on the beautiful Impreza sedan.

Zhangwuji1234

Comfort 5.0 Reliability 4.0
Handling 4.0 Features 4.0
Exterior Styling 3.0 Interior Design 3.0
Value for money 4.0 Engine Performance 5.0

To me, WRX is an exciting car to own and drive. I have driven my friend's WRX before and the experience is fantastic to me. My initial handling of this excellent car was boring as the start up is quite slow, with approximation of about 6 sec, accelerating from 0 to 60 km/h. However, when the turbocharger is used, the driving experience is totally different. I would use the word "exciting" to describe this experience. Meanwhile, the WRX's suspensions have really proven its effectiveness. I am able to experience more comfort when travelling on bumpy roads.

Subaru Impreza WRX