Related Articles

The new BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo

BMW launches the 6 Series Gran Turismo

BMW 6 Series receives an update

Upgrade your brakes with these five specialists

Consumer Reviews of BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe

4/5 Reliability
4.5/5 Interior Design
3.5/5 Engine Performance
3 out of 3 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

Wolfverine
Premium User Wolfverine
2Fast2Furious
770 forum posts Joined on 03-Dec-2005
Sleek design, nice interior and drives well  Posted on 26 Apr 2014

I guess there is no need for me to emphasize the sleek exterior looks as there are tons of positive reviews on this. Thus far, the exterior looks of the 6GC is the best amongst its competitors like A7, CLS and Panamera.

As for the interior, the base model from PML comes pretty spec up with lots of nice to have as standard. The 4-zone climate control is a nice to have but I believe it is an overkill in a car size like that! The Dakota leather no doubt is not as soft as the nappa or merino, but the finishing is just as good and for day-to-day family usage, I would go with the Dakota grade as it is more durable. The back is a 2+1 and the +1 can fit a child or small size adult quite acceptable since the drive in Singapore is generally not that long.

The drive is very decent considering the size and weight of the car. Pick up is not crazily fast but quite responsive even in the comfort mode. Cabin noise is minimal on normal cruising. When the pedal is floored the car responses and the exhaust lets out a nice throaty roar - would have been better if it is louder!

Overall, I like it as it is a functional family vehicle that can accommodate the family comfortably and yet at the same time sporty.

The many options that come standard with the car... but then again I guess the price justifies them! M sports package with the steering wheel and digital gauge, which is why I gave it a 5 stars rating for interior. Nice!

No power tailgate but then again, how many times will you be opening and closing it? No doubt it will be nice to have, this is not a show stopper for me.

Would have preferred a panoramic roof rather than this glass roof that just tilts.

Mervynwm
Premium User Mervynwm
62 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Powerful but....  Posted on 13 Jan 2014

Tested this Gran Coupe sometime ago, I must say, its impressive exteriorly and interiorly too.

In it is full of gadgets which makes a typical BMW's selling point.

Driving was much better than the 5 Series which I tried before, pickup was good and gear changes was smooth, probably is cause of a 3.0L that I drove.

Overall, its a good and elegant car to have but I still prefer looking at others than this.

Powerful engine (of course la, its a 3.0L)
Good handling
Expressive torque, similar to Jaguar XF
Similar gadgets to 5 Series

No electric tailgate due to design.
Price, thanks to COE once again.

Berkoh
0 forum posts Joined on 09-Oct-2012
Sleekest car you can find  Posted on 06 Nov 2012

BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe is the sleekest car that I have own. It is not only beautiful in design and outlook, any owner will find it comfortable, fuel economy and value for money.

I would recommend to someone who is looking towards buying a car for family and work which is safe and reliable and yet pleasing to the eye.

I like it for being beautiful couple with safety, reliable and fuel efficient.

There is nothing that I do not like about this car.

BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe