Related Articles

Bavarian multi-purpose recipes

Two BMW models awarded Top Safety Pick+ by IIHS

Embracing BMW's braver side of life in Portugal

Why you should never upsize your wheels

Car Review - BMW 2 Series Coupe 220i Sport (A)
17 Mar 2014  |  BMW Reviews
Representing the next step in a realignment of BMW's lineup, the latest 2 Series Coupe brings a new level of driving dynamics to the premium compact segment.
   Consumer Reviews of BMW 2 Series Coupe

5/5 Reliability
5/5 Interior Design
4/5 Engine Performance
2 out of 2 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

sheepysheep
30 forum posts Joined on 16-Aug-2015
Amazing Driving Feel  Posted on 02 Mar 2016

Recently Collected my 228i coupe.

Selected the 228i for it's combination of performance and fuel efficiency. (its performance is far closer to the m235i than the 220i. (7s for the 220i, 5.4s for the 228i.)

The drive is firm yet comfortable enough for our roads, and the car is extremely agile and changes direction with ease.

The N20 241HP engine is definetly underrated, and feels extremely powerful and responsive.

The chassis is compact, it feels like the car could be steered extremely precisely.

I got quite a few custom options that where highly recommended on bmw forums, including the adaptive M suspension and the variable sports steering . These are a MUST have i feel as they make the car extremely sporty on demand.

Honestly, this vehicle is everything i'd hoped for with my first car, and i'm extremely impressed.

Can't really think of much i'm not happy with, maybe just the hard plastics used on the center console.

- Powerful Engine that is still relatively frugal
- Extremely precise steering
- Rear wheel Drive
- Driver focused internal layout
- Adaptive M Suspension

- some plastics on the center console.

Burpie
0 forum posts Joined on 04-Jun-2008
My First BMW And What Positive First Impressions!  Posted on 01 Mar 2016

I happened to chance on this car whilst looking for a car that would be able to replace my previous powerful 3.2 V6 track car. What I found was this 220i M-Sport model! I started reading the reviews as this is a relatively new model and I was convinced. Now having owned it and driven it daily, I have absolutely no regrets. I know there is a track ready (and more expensive) M235i but this 220i M-Sport is enough to give me the adrenaline boost and the executive freedom on the road. Amazing!

All the extras e.g. sunroof, and the stable push of the rear-wheel drive. I like everything about this car so far!

I do not like the fact that this car came with lovely sporty 18" M-rims... I would love to put on a set of 19" rims but now I have no heart to replace the stock rims.. drat!!

BMW 2 Series Coupe