Related Articles

Honda unveils new Fit hybrid

A 'Brazil Exclusive' Honda Fit

Honda confirms lineup for NAIAS

Vehicle sales and transfers to go online

Consumer Reviews of Honda Fit Hybrid

4/5 Reliability
2.5/5
4/5 Interior Design
4.5/5 Engine Performance
3 out of 4 (75%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

Civicblade
480 forum posts Joined on 23-Sep-2005
Fast Super Mini  Posted on 16 Dec 2018

This is one fast super mini. The interior space for passengers is huge for a super mini. The leg room and shoulder room triumphs even the small sedans such as the Mazda 3.

This car takes just 8.5s from 0-100km/h. You will be the first off the line even with light throttle. The additional torque from the electrical motor make light work of pulling off from standstill.

I have averaged 21km/l in my first week of driving. And I launch the car fast and 100% City driving.

Fast acceleration. On par with 1.6T car such as Levorg on acceleration.

Spacious interior for a small car. I am 185cm tall and I can fit comfortably in the seat behind the driver when the driver seat is in my driving position. This speak volume of the interior space Honda has managed to design into this small car.

Honda's hybrid technology with 7 real gears and dry clutch.

Hybrid technology that allows you to sit in the car park or red light without engine operating and still enjoy cool air conditioning.

Fuel economical.. If I were to drive more leisurely. getting 30km/l after run in looks like a real possibility.

The base model hybrid has many items stripped out:

1) handle above windows
2) Front cabin lights
3) Rear wiper
4) Steering wheel mounted controls
5) Cruise control
6) Driver seat height adjustment (not too bad as I am 185cmt all and still can get into a comfortable position).
7) no magic seat, no 40/60 split fold.. one single fold only

But.. you do get these as standard which many cars in the same price range don't:
1) keyless entry (remote fob)
2) keyless engine start (stop start button)
3) rear privacy glass for rear and back windows
4) auto climate control airconditioning
5) retractable side wing mirrors (button operated)
6) motorized headlight leveling
7) Auto lock (can be disabled)
8) Tilt and telescopic adjustment for steering rack

EdmundTan_260434
0 forum posts Joined on 22-Jan-2019
Disappointing ride  Posted on 22 Jan 2019
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

Have been driving my Fit Hybrid for the last 3 weeks. Like the previous reviews the engine is lively for 1100kg car and my Fit also came pretty spartan. I have been getting about 22km/l on mainly highway driving and it is no where near the 32 km/l spec. What I do not like is the quality of the petrol engine and the way the petrol engine takes over on non hybrid drive. Firstly it is a noisy and unrefined petrol engine. I am surprised as I previously owned a JDM accord and the engine was pretty quiet and smooth. Secondly the way the petrol engine cuts in from the electric motor at Low gearing is also noisy and a bit too rough for my liking. At times you can even hear the metallic clicking during Low gear changes. The suspension is also pretty hard and there is too much body rattling while over slight uneven ground. I wonder if anyone has the same experience

EV motor is very quiet and car is on electric while stationary

Very unrefined petrol engine
Noisy
Pure electric drive is only about 10-15 percent of the entire journey
Very spartan interior
Wind noise above 80 kmph

DdCarReviewerSG
0 forum posts Joined on 13-Sep-2018
The Mini that would smoke the Racers out there!  Posted on 27 Dec 2018

A few months back, I bought the Audi SQ5 as my Family Car. Few Months into ownership, felt the need for a second family car as I drive the SQ5 to work leaving the entire family without a car when I am at work. Hence, was looking for an affordable, easy to drive and easy to maintain car. I looked no further and went down to PI for a test drive. Booked a unit subsequently. Here are the Reasons why...

As the title of my review suggests, this car is really fast. I have always had a bad impression of Hybrid vehicles as I have driven a really underpowered Hybrid Toyota in Malaysia before. I was shocked during the test drive. I had no problems accelerating off the line first from standstill at the traffic junction. Honda has done a really good job in crafting such a masterpiece engine.
Apart from the engine performance, the car has many other great features
1. This car may look like it is really small on the outside. However, the interior space is definitely much bigger than what many of you would expect. The interior space is bigger than some compact sedans available in the market for the same price range.
2. This car is a hybrid so the visits to the petrol kiosks would be reduced. This vehicle is claimed to do 37.4km/l which has been proven my Malaysian Youtubers. Most hybrids clock a mileage of 27.8km/l at best. So, the Fit hybrid is currently the leader of the Market.
3.The car is fitted with privacy glass all around the passengers. This gives the car a Spaceship feel

As I bought the Basic Model, The only thing I do not like is, the Features could be better improved.
The Fit hybrid does not come with:
1. Steering Switches
2. Rear Wiper
3. Height Adjustment to driver Seat
4. Auto Headlights
If you feel the above is redundant go for the base model. However, if you are fond of these features in your car and have 5000 bucks extra to spare, go for the F package.

AhBeanBearBearChong
Premium User AhBeanBearBearChong
0 forum posts Joined on 11-Mar-2015
Fuel saving with hybrid technology  Posted on 19 Oct 2018

One of the nicer car after facelift. Too bad does not come with fog lights. Overall very good for a small family.

New design with almost the same interior, nostalgic feeling of a fit / jazz

Honda Fit Hybrid