Related Articles

The all new Suzuki Vitara is here

Vitara S wins big at the U.K. Tow Car Awards 2016

Suzuki's Vitara is humble and honest

Dip in COE supply for November to January

Car Review - Suzuki Vitara 1.6 Panoramic Roof 4WD Premium (A)
14 Mar 2016  |  Suzuki Reviews
The latest Suzuki Vitara has finally followed market trends and switched from a proper off-roader to a stylish crossover. Will it work?
vs
Comparison Tests:
Subaru XV 1.6i-S (A) vs Suzuki Vitara 1.6 Panoramic Roof 4WD Premium (A)
   Consumer Reviews of Suzuki Vitara

3.5/5 Reliability
3.5/5 Features
4/5 Interior Design
4/5 Engine Performance
10 out of 12 (83.3%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

CarImprovements
0 forum posts Joined on 18-Dec-2014
The new 1.4 Turbo Vitara is a joy to drive!  Posted on 13 Feb 2020

The new 1.4 Turbo Vitara is an underdog in the small compact SUV. Not many people is interested in this model, especially when the previous 1.6 engine was a letdown in terms of acceleration and power.

A couple of months back I was looking for a small compact SUV;
HR-V, CX3,Subaru XV, Qashqai were my shortlisted models. I was not keen in continental makes due to bad experiences previously which i will not mention here. I am also not comfortable with buying PI models and prefer Authorised dealers.

I almost decided on a HR-V with Kah Motors as the design and features was my favourite out of the choices. My decision changed when i stepped into Champion Motors and test drove the new Vitara.

The drive was impressive: eager acceleration, very little body roll while turning and the car feels like it wants to keep going faster! Handling was good and i felt in control of the car at all times. Wide windows all around with clear visibility. Paddle shifts to give that extra boost when you feel like it.

I eventually booked one and has been driving for a month now. Fuel consumption is about 12.5km/Liter. Just did my 1000km servicing at Toyota and all the experience was good. Hence i decided to write this review to share.

If you share the same shortlists as me, don't pass the new Vitara, go for a test drive and experience it for yourself. It did won me over.

Wide windows with clear visibility
Suspension feels good and not bumpy during drive
Panaromic sun and moonroof
Fuel consumption is quite low considering its an SUV
Acceleration is responsive and quick
Paddle shifts
Round air con vents
Clock in the middle, (yes i find that very useful)

- Interior design is quite basic and plain, not futuristic unlike the HR-V
- Sound proofing need to be improved, but bearable
- Crappy factory fitted Clarion head unit and speakers but at least there is Apple
Car PLay
- Back seats leg room can be better
- Engine Start stop.. hate the guy who invented this

vanion79
3 forum posts Joined on 11-Jan-2016
Very Poor After Sales Service  Posted on 14 Jan 2020
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

Suzuki's After-Sales service has been a truly terrible experience, despite the car itself being a car I would recommend. After all, a poor after-sales experience can be absolutely detrimental to the whole experience of owning a Suzuki, and that is what I went through.

I have been waiting for a spare part for 7 months already. Nobody has been following up with me despite my car being under their warranty package. Each time I call, I was asked to hang up and call the parts department directly. The officer on that end would have no idea of my query, and would only inform me that the part remains unavailable.

7 months down the road, I continue to be left in limbo.

Very thoughtfully designed car with features that are very helpful. Love the panaromic moonroof, as it really gives the car an elegance that is very commendable.

The car itself is heavy and feels little under-powered, but if you are not a chiongster, it is adequate in getting the job done.

Very poor sound proofing. Road sounds are very clearly audible, and the pick up for the car is terrible. However, the driving experience improves noticeably once it gets past 60km/h.

ZW44
14 forum posts Joined on 15-Dec-2019
Not a bad car, not a good one either...  Posted on 15 Dec 2019
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

Drove the 2016 Vitara Standard model for 2.5 years. Here's an honest review...

The car gave me no problems throughout the 2.5 years, which i expect since this is a jap car.

Fuel consumption is alright. I'm heavy footed, car does about 11 km/L, 60 Hwy 40 City.

The car is quite 'sporty'...Able to drive at high speeds. Drove to Genting multiple times with it, at 150km/h on NSHW, sound insulation is good, car is stable, but pickup not very good. Can also take bends well as not much body roll for an SUV imo.

No leather seats...If you accidentally spill your drinks, then good luck to you, very hard to clean. But still quite comfortable.

No armrest.

Seating 3 in the back is a headache. Only ever put 3 people in the back of this car if you really hate them. Very 'squeezy' backseats.

The features in the car are minimal. No infotainment screen, just a radio. In this day and age, everyone uses smartphone so Apple Carplay or Android Auto is needed. Also no reverse camera. Nowadays even the cheaper cars like Avante come with reverse cam...

If you are looking for a basic car and prefer an SUV, this would be a good choice, otherwise, look elsewhere...

Reliable
Stable at high speeds

No infotainment screen
Pick up speed is slow
Uncomfortable for passengers in the backseat
Lacking of technology

tjn
tjn
0 forum posts Joined on 06-Nov-2017
Enjoying my Vitara!  Posted on 09 Feb 2018

Honestly I have never thought of looking at the Vitara when I was looking for new car to replace my Toyota Wish. When Champion Motors dropped the price for a short while, I decided to take a look at it.
Making an appointment for test drive was easy, and the sale rep was very friendly and extremely patient with my many questions.
I have been driving my Vitara for more than a month and i am surprised that I am enjoying it more and more !
The Vitara is an easy car to drive. . The handling is easy, with a very responsive engine. I love it that the manual gear shift buttons are ergonomically designed to be on the steering wheel, making it very easy and quick for me to change to manual control of gears when i need.
I cover great distance daily, and the very efficient fuel economy of 16 km/L on average , even when on urban driving, is what I am extremely pleased with.

1. Fuel economy--- average 16 km/L even with much urban driving.
2. auto start stop, auto headlights, auto sensor for wipers.
3. Manual gear shift control from steering wheel ! and the intuitive switch of the car from manual to auto gears , when I need to pay more attention to tricky traffic conditions.
4. yes, even the look of the car. The Vitara does not look sleek and glamourous, but it is precisely because of its rugged and fun look that will turn heads. it looks unique on the road among the all too common new-age, space-age looks.
5. the back row seats are comfortable fpr 3 adults
6. the analogue clock at the front. It is a design genius.

the relatively smaller boot space that i now have but that's not a big issue as i don't normally need that much space.

Tanuki16
51 forum posts Joined on 22-Jan-2017
3 months of driving the Vitara  Posted on 14 Jun 2017

My previous ride was a Suzuki SX4. It's not a fanciful car, but reliable and never once broke down.
Naturally, Suzuki is one of the choices when I started looking.
I have always liked the Vitara, but put off by the supposedly high FC. This latest version is inclined towards city driving so I have some expectations in its frugality. It was the panoramic roof what pushed me to get the 4WD version despite the worse FC than 2WD, but it came with the Sports mode which makes driving more enjoyable and I liked that.
Some add-ons from the dealer include front & rear camera and armrest which I got it installed 2 months after I collected the car.

Auto headlights and wipers.
Leg well and center console lighting.
Sun/moon roof. The cabin is brighter as a result.
Pressure detect for windows and sunroof.
The ride is very comfy and firm.
Sports mode which really changes the behavior of the car.
Unique presence on the road.
Reassuring when driving on wet roads thanks to the 4WD.

FC is now at 12.X but I expected better.
Doors closed with an assuring "thud" when inside the cabin but it's often hard to close when you are outside the car.
Start-Stop is jerky. I always keep this off.
The gearbox steps down gears very early and had the engine on high rev when decelerating.
The 7" ICE is average. The resolution of the screen during navigation is horrible.
Plasticky interior. The center console helped greatly to elevate the cabin's comfort level.
Pick up is not eager at all (not in sports mode).

sakthivel
1 forum posts Joined on 05-Jun-2015
Best car  Posted on 07 Dec 2016

I owned Hyundai car and it is almost 9 years old, it is time to shop for a new one.
Suzuki was not in my initial list, i was waiting for Subaru XV with new facelift model.
I Test-driven it , my first feeling was very comfortable, maybe due to All Wheel Drive. It had Good visibility for driver.

1) Exterior design was elegant
2) Engine Auto stop/start was excellent
3) Road grip during turning was very good
4) Good manual mode response through paddle shifts
5) Sale executive was patient as he explained notwithstanding we took dual test drive to be convinced of our purchase decision.

1) pickup was not that great.
2) Apple Car Play was missing
3) boot space is less

Mean76
914 forum posts Joined on 20-Jun-2006
A fair and good Deal for Sub-Compact SUV Car  Posted on 23 Nov 2016

Dropped by and tested the 4WD version.

A couple of months later, purchased the 2WD version

It comes at a good time to replace my COE-due car. Trade-in is the only option and I am glad I m able to lay my hands on the latest version of the Famed Vitara Culture of SUVs.

The engine is smooth, not super quiet but reasonably stable and Blind-spot is pretty unblocked.

Driver Seat is adjustable and comfortable; thou nowadays Compact SUVs are much lower than it's 2L counterparts. It has all the necessary items that you can find in one.

There's enough storage overall. The interior is simple but neat. The clock in the centre comes in handy actually.

I especially love the auto Light function but as I learn how to use it.

The pick up is good, fast and responsive. The braking is also worth mentioning; there are no serious jerking.

Auto-off button is better to be off thou, the whole car will jerk when auto-on the engine again at stationary position.

I feel there can be more freebies.

- No Dashcam (so common in other car sales)
- Till now, had not received my free Center Console. don't know waiting till when. no calls, nothing, only calls I received is to chase me for money.

Salesman (Whom I rather not mentioned names) is pretty poorly informed and only after I got my car, I explored and find out what most functions can do for me. He didn't really do a good job introducing to me. He is just a lucky Salesman who got me when I walk in. I believe others can do a much better job than him.

Vitara by nature is an interesting car BUT poorly managed and in my opinion, is kinda out of place in today's competitive Automobile Market. I won't be surprised if the sales did not peak as expected. The buyers are outside there but the Sales Service leaves a lot to be desired.

dujeepa
0 forum posts Joined on 04-Feb-2016
Best car and excellent service  Posted on 26 Jun 2016

I was looking to change my old car Hyundai which I had for the past 7 years. Test drove the new Elantra, Tucson, Corolla, Vezel and Vitara. The moment I took the Vitara on the test drive I knew that this is the best out of the lot. Great handling, stylish body and colours as well as the interior fittings. Panoramic sunroof is a great feature. I just bought and took delivery of Vitara Premium 4WD. No complaints and enjoying driving this SUV. Also must mention the salesperson Alan Ong. He was extremely helpful and informative. Great salesmanship and customer care. Looking forward to the collaboration with Suzuki motors for the next 5years.

Exterior and interior features. Sports mode AT. Panoramic sunroof. Value for money.

None

Quistation
4 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Cheeky SUV  Posted on 27 Apr 2016

The new Suzuki Vitara comes across as a quirky and fun-loving car, helped by the two colour paint work. The car is nicely designed, has a rugged look to it.

inside, its rather spacious. Some of the plastic bits look a bit dated, reminds me of Swifts a few years ago, but everything functions well and sensibly. Nothing over-the-top, which is good.

the engine is fairly punchy, capable of smooth overtaking on the road. Didn't dirve it that long, but the fuel economy figures based on the short time with it was very impressive, so it seems suzuki still hasnt lost its mojo there either.

- cheeky looking car that looks very different from other SUVs
- comfortable inteior
- sun roof!
- efficient engine

- some interior bits a little dated

MKA
MKA
9 forum posts Joined on 19-Mar-2016
Good looking compact SUV  Posted on 22 Mar 2016

Been driving this latest Vitara for the past week and I should say that I have no regrets getting this little SUV.Handsome on the outside and loads of features on the inside.You will feel the maximum potential of the performance of the car by using the "Sport" Mode.Otherwise,the default "Auto" Mode is sensibly reliable as well.One glance and people can mistaken the car for the Range Rover Evoque!(because of the dual tone and its design)

Branding is from Japan but the car is assembled in Europe.(Hungary)

Car is still in "Running in" Mode but as widely tested,it can travel at least 17.5km/liter,which is relatively good news for Vitara 2016 owners.

Daytime LED running light
Panoramic roof
2 tone body colour
5 years free servicing
17 inch rims come with Continental tyres
One of the latest SUV in the market for 2016

Boot space can be a bit bigger.
Does not come with Spoiler for the Rugged package.

Tohlaw17
1 forum posts Joined on 17-Feb-2010
Combact and reasonable.  Posted on 27 Feb 2016

Test Drive last week.

I was excited about this 4x4 wheeler which overtake the ex model with a 1.6 engine. The handling was more stable then the Cross Over..

Engine pick up was quite reasonable with the 1.6 engine and run smoothly after it runs off the road. I love the exterior design with 2 modes to choose from. The city and the urban. I love the urban cos it looks so man.

The moonroof was not so impressive as it covers up with mesh then exposes by the moonroof glass. I suspect the heat in the car park under hot sun will rose up.

Boot space is reasonable for me.

Sales girl is not pushy and very patient.

- SUV with 1.6 engine.
- exterior design
- more color to choose from
- leather seats
- price
- height.

- moonroof.

Kee2718
1 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Good looking little suv  Posted on 04 Feb 2016

I did not test drive when visited champion motor showroom, sales man told me they don't have enough man power to handle.
Furthermore, he told me he is busy serving a lady buyer whom did not test drive:
He said:" Brother, no problem one, no need test drive la, u see, got people bought did not even test drive."
Because of his attitude, I don't think will return back to the One and only tiny ubi show room again.
Some ratings are low as I was not allowed to test drive

Design of the car