Related Articles

The all new 2016 Toyota Fortuner

Toyota Fortuner facelifted

The best cars to survive an apocalypse

Increase for Cat A and Cat B while Cat E falls

Car Review - Toyota Fortuner 2.7 (A)
13 Jul 2016  |  Toyota Reviews
The new Toyota Fortuner is a commanding beast of a seven-seater that grants you confidence and luxurious comfort as you lord over other vehicles on the road.
   Consumer Reviews of Toyota Fortuner

4/5 Reliability
4.5/5 Features
5/5 Interior Design
3.5/5 Engine Performance
3 out of 3 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

dyong28
7 forum posts Joined on 03-Feb-2019
The MONSTER in Town!!!  Posted on 03 Feb 2019

When I first saw this MONSTER at Borneo showroom, I felt in love with it at the first sight. It is a handsome MONSTER!!!

Sitting in the driver seat gives me the "I am above ALL" Feeling, esp. When I can "Look down" At fellow SUVs stopping beside it.

Reading many reviews help me understands that this is a petrol guzzling MONSTER, and its near 2 tonnes weight doesn't help either. The very short test drive with the MONSTER was a disappointment with rather sluggish drive (since I wasn't able to ramp the engine harder on the normal roads around Leng Kee Rd showroom) and the ride was more bumpy than normal.

I pondered for a while, but finally decided to buy it as I need a 7-Seater to replace my existing 7-Seater SUV from another Japanese brand. Also, knowing that Toyota is a more reliable brand (as I've owned a few previously) helped making the decision easier.

I was kind of worried about the engine performance, in terms of power and ride comfort at first. However, after driving the MONSTER for a while, I can say this...The MONSTER's power is more than adequate.

Getting out of ECO mode, a power boost will kick-in within a second after ramping my foot down. The MONSTER is capable of overtaking any car at will, esp. With its intimidating presence on the road, bullying smaller cars to make way. When I put it into PWR mode, the overtaking can be made even easier.

As for ride comfort, although it is admit-tingly bumpy, the stable drive on expressways can easily help us get over it. Handling around bends and corners is much better than my previous Japanese brand 7-Seater SUV. As for the passengers, both the 2nd and 3rd rows are also more spacious than any other Asian SUVs available in the market, with more than adequate leg and head rooms. The 3rd row can even seats 3pax (my maid + 12yr old + 10yr old kids) rather comfortably on rides within any Singapore travel distances.

All in all, so long as you can live with its more than normal petrol guzzling, riding in the Toyota Fortuner will make you feel like the KING of the road.

No doubt, I am very happy with it.

1. Unparalleled commanding view of the road
2. More than adequate power for overtaking
3. Much better handling than my previous Japanese 7-Seater SUV
4. Well furnished interior...lots of soft leather
5. Spacious interior that can squeeze up to 8pax when needed
6. Comfortable and stable ride for both driver and passengers, esp. on expressways
7. Can mount over kerbs, dividers and obstacles effortlessly to "create more negotiating rooms" when maneuvering within small roads
8. Reliable car from a known reliable brand

1. Petrol Guzzling
2. Ride was more bumpy than normal SUVs, esp. on normal roads off expressways
3. Insufficient thrust to overtake when driving with a light foot in ECO mode to safe fuel

andrealcolon
5 forum posts Joined on 04-Jan-2018
The Seven-Seat Off-Roader SUV  Posted on 22 Jan 2018

The car looks a brute and still somehow exudes the class of being a premium vehicle. This is one vehicle you cannot ignore when it powers down the road, scaring off men in little Japanese hatches to give way to a bigger brother.
The Fortuner has got a much needed makeover along with some changes to the interior as well as other internals. At 4705mm in length, 1840mm in width and 1850mm in height, the Toyota Fortuner is a what you call massive.

+Sporty and stylish-looking exteriors
+Luxurious interior with advanced infotainment features
+Engine performance and vehicle handling are good

-High cost of ownership and maintenance
-Seems overpriced when compared to the rivals
-Below average fuel efficiency figures

Quistation
4 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Like a high-class truck  Posted on 29 Jul 2016

My job sees me delivering a whole bunch of goods to different places. Before I used to drive a van, it had a lot of space but it didn't feel comfortable.

The Fortuner is definitely a step up. At first I wasn't sure if it was big enough, but when I fold all the seats down, I can put as much as my van. This is great because on the weekdays, I use the SUV to carry goods around.

Then on the weekends, the seats go back down and I can take my entire family including my grandparents out for lunch or dinner. When I meet my friends, they are always impressed by the interior quality as well as support provided by the seats.

Very comfortable to drive
High quality materials
Very nice and fancy dashboard
A lot of interior room

Fuel consumption is a bit high

Toyota Fortuner