Related Articles

Renault unveils a new generation petrol engine

Renault sponsors Grand Designs Live 2014

The all new Renault Grand Scenic

Upgrade your brakes with these five specialists

Car Review - Renault Grand Scenic 1.5T dCi BOSE Edition (A)
22 Feb 2019  |  Renault Reviews
The Renault Grand Scenic BOSE Edition offers a number of equipment upgrades to improve what is already a highly practical and well-equipped family MPV.
   Consumer Reviews of Renault Grand Scenic Diesel

4/5 Reliability
3.5/5 Features
4.5/5 Interior Design
3/5 Engine Performance
6 out of 7 (85.7%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

ismailraja
Premium User ismailraja
0 forum posts Joined on 03-Apr-2017
Comfort family car but Aircon is not good  Posted on 14 May 2019

I own Renault Grant Scenic for one year. Overall Experience and Renault service experience was good.

Long drive gives good road grip and smooth ride experience.

Overall I recommend the car but day-time Air-con is not good.
After service also Air-con cool remains with same problem on day time.

* Good Engine Power
* Excellent service from Renault Service Engineer (Dennis)
* Enough Inside space for big family
* Good Road grip during long drive

* Poor Air condition during day time
* Intermittent Dashboard blank screen.
* Mileage full tank is 600KM not 1200 KM.

furprice_extra
6 forum posts Joined on 27-Sep-2018
Good looks but reliability spoils it  Posted on 26 Feb 2019
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

Recently collected this car with a friend and got a chance to try it.
The ride is true conti comfort. The diesel engine is a bit noisy, but decent performance.
The besr part is the exterior outlook, very unique in a world of me too cars.

Now comes full disclosure and just one huge issue which I told the SE also: I will not buy this car, as I previously owned another Renault. Not old model mind you, 2016 car and it gave me so many problems from gearbox to electrical to rattling noises to engine whining. I was glad to eventually get rid of it, losing a lot of value in the process.
In addition after seeing complaints of ABS, ESP, parking brake warning lights coming on on brand new Grand Scenic, I feel that French cars still have not to shake the reputation of the old days.
Parts take a long time to come in for my car, and also not cheap.
Based on all this, I would think twice before putting money down unless I have money to burn, not just on repairs, but on depre which inevitably will be the worst of any cars.

Nice styling outside. Comfy interior, decent performance.

Reliability, reliability, one word, reliability.

Soreloser
0 forum posts Joined on 01-Oct-2018
Good looks, with lots of nice features  Posted on 20 Nov 2018

Almost put my money into getting the Grand scenic. Lots of things that I like about this vehicle. The reasons why I did not get it includes high road tax, and everyone I spoke to warned about expensive spare parts (even for the most slightest accident).

- Huge moon roof
- Huge touch screen control panel which seemed to pack a lot of features
- Auto tyre pressure warning
- Lots of space and hidden compartments
- Interesting central compartment where you can slide to reveal more space
- Rear air con
- 1 touch button to configure your seats (folds down seats)
- Sound system is good (at least for me) and you can even control the surround effects
- "Helicopter" cockpit view

- Tyre size
- Expensive in getting spare parts / repairs
- High road tax
- Color options don't seem attractive

yishunite
Premium User yishunite
411 forum posts Joined on 07-Aug-2018
Dream MPV  Posted on 01 Sep 2018

The Grand Scenic is one of the nicest looking MPVs around, and has great fuel economy to boot. The driver will feel a bit like flying a plane with such great visibility in front. The moonroof is a great idea to have peace of mind (no leakages) but so huge it's something like aircon cabriolet experience

Driving was comfortable, though it is a bit slow to pick up at low speeds, before the turbo kicks in. However it's never going to be a speed demon, and this configuration shouts "Safety first". It has great safety features with 6 airbags, blingspot monitoring, electronic stability control, etc

The rear 3rd row is a bit controversial... It's on the small side so it's not going to be a great full time MPV, but for people who only need to tompang extra passengers occasionally especially kids, it makes a great option. The one-touch folding seats are great. Hidden storage everywhere is also nice.

Gorgeous looks
Good fuel economy
Quiet for diesel car
Safety features
Lots of small conti perks like rear USB charging

Stop/start assist should be turned off for Singapore because your aircon is always on
The touchscreen panel is huge (good) but obiang/ugly (bad) and seems out of place like its covering up something else
Priced a bit high and customer dont seem to enjoy full VES rebate while getting lower PARF rebate
Colour choices a bit boring for such a nice design
Unusual 195/55/20 tyres

opgamerkkhk
61 forum posts Joined on 15-Nov-2016
Surprisingly good!  Posted on 08 Jun 2018

Albeit being slow after 50-60km/h, the rgs does have just enough pill from stand still when the car is fully loaded. One touch folding is a bonus and the seats are much more comfy than some zero-gravity seats . Very soft and plush.When revved hard, unlike the 5008 and c4 grand picasso, it does not vibrate and rsttle like the engine about to burst.Interior has very limited legroom and esp headroom on 2nd and 3rd rows. 2nd row passengers might not be able to sit comfortably if too tall say 1.75, must slouch abit la. I 1.78 2nd row 2 out seats have extremely limited headroom.The last row of seats is very very compact, evn compared to the likes of the cr-v. If the driver is tall, above 1.8, the second row also need to push back, then last row cannot use at all even for kids. The seat backs will touch the 3rd row, laving no space. But if all are below 1.7, should do just fine. Personal advice, add 1k and go for better built vw touran. Try out yourself to feeel the diff

1. flanbuoyant styling
2.brown leater for free???????? in a 119k car?
3.Quite well specced for the price
4.led drls are damn slick
5. looks like double price car(expensive /posh)
6.comfy seats

5.Better,more spacious alternatives

mazdafever
0 forum posts Joined on 25-May-2011
Best-looking MPV IMO  Posted on 23 Jun 2017

Without a doubt the Renault Grand Scenic is the best-looking MPV I've ever seen. Slim profile, road presence, sporty looks, it's definitely got style. And... It comes with 20-inch rims as standard!

There isn't a lot of room in the third row but I won't use it a lot anyway. And it's there when I need it. So that's alright with me. This MPV has a lot of conveniences that will help keep the kids occupied and make my life easier. My favourite is the one touch folding control.

Besides looks, the Grand Scenic performs just as a seven-seater should in terms of driving. It's not fast and doesn't corner well but it hauls people and stuff really well.

Best-looking MPV IMO
Convenient functions
Gets the job done

Third row could be roomier

Laojiao
326 forum posts Joined on 03-Sep-2005
Probably the next best French invention since wine and LV! LOL!  Posted on 11 Apr 2017

​OK! Admittedly, the review titles is definitely outlandish but the designs that Renault hashed out since the Clio, Kadjar and Megane have been eye-catching and the French do know how to design and dress with flair! Having said that, the DNA design is headed by a Dutchman!
First impression when 1 steps into the showroom is the BIG "WOW" Factor. Very much like how the Kadjar first caught our attention few months back, but the Grand Scenic (GS) threw the attention to a higher level.
Overall impression you get when one walks around the car and what really attracts you are the sleek and bold lines and the superb shoes of 20 humongous inches that fellas at Renault adorned the GS with! It's beautiful and the last we've seen any other brands/models that bold was .... Errr .... Bentley? Range Rover? Ferrari?? And now with ... Renault?? A bread and butter car targeted at young families?? Unprecedented!!

​
- Modern, Sleek lines with Handsome overall looks front-side-back
- Humoungous handsome 20" rims
- Fantastic Fuel economy
- Ginormous Panaromic roof
- Part-time 3rd row seats when I need them
- Convenient electronic folding seats mechanism from both front digital console and the back buttons (for both 2nd and 3rd row seats)
- Upgradeable R-Link system by Renault to CarPlay and Android Link
- Very comfortable seats for front and 2nd row passengers
- Many storage compartments (including hidden ones)
- Very little blindspot making driving a breeze
- Plenty of TORQUE which is perfect for our city driving!

​
- Some audible diesel chatter while idling on stationery (only if you stand outside but barely noticeable from the inside of car)
- Potential higher cost on replacing tires (Renault did say it will work on the supply of 195/55R20 in its dealer network which would cost around the same as 17" tires)
- No electric and memory seats/mirrors (those who have used this feature, will miss this big time! I know I do!)
- Tight 3rd row of seats which are really for smaller people below 160cm in height (so don't buy this car if you want a full-time MPV)
- No unlimited mileage warranty like some other car makes!! C'mon Wearnes!! Have faith in Renault since you're distributing for them!
- Potentially or need to stay with Wearnes for servicing during 4th & 5th year to maintain their 5yr warranty. At the moment, it costs approx. $2k to opt in for their 4th and 5th year servicing which you can purchase later (accurate as at 1 Apri 2017)

Renault Grand Scenic Diesel