Related Articles

Audi recalls 1.27 million cars worldwide

The Audi A5 Sportback is a perfect all-rounder

Audi adopts 'overspray-free' painting process

LTA's latest safe distancing measures

Past Car
Models no longer being sold by local distributors.
Model unavailable since Feb 2020
Car Review - Audi A5 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S tronic Design (A)
11 Jun 2018  |  Audi Reviews
The Audi A5 Sportback offers a stylish and cool alternative to a traditional sedan, while providing better efficiency than before.
vs
Comparison Tests:
Audi A5 Sportback 2.0 TFSI qu S-tronic vs BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe 420i
   Consumer Reviews of Audi A5 Sportback

4.5/5 Reliability
4.5/5 Features
5/5 Interior Design
4/5 Engine Performance
4 out of 4 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

carlovexes
32 forum posts Joined on 07-Jan-2020
Lovely beast, love at first sight with this car!  Posted on 01 Apr 2020

The Audi A5 was a first of its kind for me in the luxury Sedan category. I saw this car at a public waiting bay and it was love at first sight! I was absolutely mesmerised by the catchy and stylish exterior, along with the wide opening electric tailgate. The A5 Sportback looks extremely stylish and posh, and my family unanimously selected the Navarra blue exterior with the beige interior that looks very elegant.

The things that I liked the most was the pick up, the sturdiness and the super impressive fuel efficiency. The fuel efficiency on the highways have always been between 15 and 17 kms per litre that too with the air-conditioning on. The boot space is good enough. The virtual cockpit is fantastic, allowing me to view navigation, music, fuel consumption, mileage, etc. All at the same place. Apple CarPlay works flawlessly, but it would be much better if it could be done wirelessly. Also, the MMI infotainment display could be designed much better by having a touchscreen interface. Other than that, the interior is a beauty and lives up to the expectations of the German Automobile Giant - Audi.

The electric and memory seat feature is very handy and useful. There are 2 USB ports and also 2 car charging points, allowing above 4+ devices to be charged at once. Rear legroom and headroom is very decent for 4 people considering this car is a Sportback - a four door coupe. The frameless windows give a very sporty feel. Boot opening height can be adjusted depending on your needs. I got the Audi entry lights onto my car which look very sporty and attractive at the night, especially. I personally love the dynamic indicators as they are unique in the car market and are eye-catching.

For the few negatives that I saw was one that probably one could get similar car from the Japanese make with lower budget. Although it's a sports model, I find getting into the car a bit cumbersome. So someone with a back pain might find a SUV more preferable for alighting and getting into the car. Also it should be noted that the rear middle seat is extremely uncomfortable if there are 5 people. This car is advertised as a 5 seater, but practically only a 4 seater. Also the rear windows only wind down unto 60% Thus not allowing rear passengers to look outside freely.

Good engine pick up
Electric boot
Electric and Memory Seats
Stylish look, one of the best looking cars in my opinion
Incredible fuel efficiency
Technology Packed
Virtual Cockpit is a huge plus
Rear seating is comfortable for 4 people
Dynamic Indicators are eye-catching

I find getting in the car and alighting a bit cumbersome which should be borne in mind specially for people having back aches.
Rear windows do not wind down above 60%
Uncomfortable for the fifth person if any.
At a cheaper price, one can get a high end luxury Japanese model
No memory seat for the passenger

Simplydurian
0 forum posts Joined on 20-Oct-2012
Perfect All Rounder - Sedan Sportscar  Posted on 09 Dec 2019

Smooth drive, quiet and I like that you can accelerate in stealth.
It's pricier now with the 5 year warranty/servicing. I can't convince myself to switch to the BMW 6 or M5. Audi A5 still a better buy and value.

Polished dashboards, interiors are stylish.

They removed my sunglasses storage at the roof!

Lotr
1739 forum posts Joined on 11-May-2002
Super stylish sportback!!!  Posted on 18 Sep 2019

Really like this stylish car as its sportback profile sets it apart from the rest of the SUVs/MPVs/sedans

During the test drive, felt that the engine and gearbox was really smooth and acceleration from stop is a breeze. The interior is the typical high quality Audi fare (ie. A4 and above) and makes me feel special in the driver seat

Cabin is also very well insulated as I hardly hear any noise on the move.

Car is practical too as the boot opens up with the rear glass which gives easy access.

- Stylish looks
- Premium interior quality
- Pickup and acceleration
- Comfort and quiet on the move
- Virtual cockpit
- Wide opening boot

- Very minimal driver aids e.g. no blind spot detection, no ACC etc
- no HUD
- no ventilated seats

Spaceranger
0 forum posts Joined on 10-Jan-2013
2017 Audi A5 Sportback  Posted on 21 Aug 2017

A brand new facade for the A5 definitely puts this ahead of the competition. Sportback version maintains the stylish cope look while having the convenience of a hatch/wagon. New 3D lines and bonnet gives a more muscular look but still maintaining its elegance.

Interior is a huge upgrade with the new Virtual Cockpit. The new shorter shift-stick gives a faster shift feel. The new wing-style dashboard makes the entire interior a flight deck look.

The new chassis is lighter and the 2.0 TFSI engine now yields 190 bhp. Quattro version could have been better but the extra dollar is very hard to justify. We don't have road conditions in Singapore that needs 4WD but it will still be a good to have. Drive is quiet and pliant, a light touch on the steering is only required to put this machine ahead.

All in all, a huge upgrade in the previous version. Audi Singapore is now giving 5 year warranty thus giving consumer a stronger confidence compared to other brand.

New exterior design. Virtual Cockpit.

Quattro is great but not the price.

Audi A5 Sportback