Related Articles

5 value-for-money luxury PI cars of 2019 (so far)

Honda Civic Type R to sport two variants

Honda reveals 2020 Civic Type R Pace Car

Honda Civic racers dominate Road America

Consumer Reviews of Honda Civic Type-R

4.5/5 Reliability
5/5 Interior Design
4/5 Engine Performance
2 out of 2 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

Wrc
Wrc
39 forum posts Joined on 07-Jul-2009
Amazing Handling and 100 to 150km/h  Posted on 17 Aug 2020

Coming from a FD2R to FK8, the FD2R is more raw and noisy. FK8 is much more refine and really good for family as the comfort mode certainly come in useful when you are ferrying your family. Power comes in much earlier at 2500rpm onward since it is a turbo charged, no need to wait for VTEC Yo at 5800rpm. Mayhem usually follow shortly in my old FD2r when VTEC Yo kicks in which usually by then, wife is shouting at you for driving like a twat while your baby starts wailing at the top of his voice. In the FK8, I can be like DK (Drift King, not Donkey Kong) without unleashing hell upon myself and everyone stays happy.

The cornering for this FK8 is also another level from FD2R which is in direct relationship to the price. All in all, no major regrets but there are minute stuffs which I didn't quite like it and if the car is in 120k range. I would perhaps be more forgiving but at near 190k car when new, I am perplex as to why Honda allow that to happen. Mind you, the Honda FD2R was 100k when new, on that note, how 190k (90% Increase) came about within a space of 10 years is beyond me.

- Ability to change driving mode (Comfort, Sport and +R which is akin to family mode, alone mode, cheong mode)

- Amazing handling and cornering speed

- 100 to 150 can be done in a heatbeat, no need to wake up the whole world to be fast

- Perfect for folks with family as it is pretty refined at comfort mode

- Gear change is ego stroking and works like a bolt action rifle

- Brake hold function is god sent. No more pulling handbrake and half clutch as if you're dancing in your car when you are moving off from a slope

- Middle seat have no safety belt

- Pressing the start/stop button to kill the engine and switches off everything completely, need to wait a couple of seconds to press the start button in order to turn on the fan (without starting the engine). I usually like to leave the blower on as I pack my stuff before I leave the car

- AC button is inside the infotainment system. No dedicated buttons outside to toggle the AC and control the fan speed.

- For such a fast car, the infotainment system is completely the other side of the spectrum; SLOW!

- The side skirt traps dirt and is very nearly permanently dirty

- Pricey

DdCarReviewerSG
0 forum posts Joined on 13-Sep-2018
Buy This And Get The Performance Of A Ferrari for a fraction of the price  Posted on 07 Jan 2019

To get the context right, I drove up to Ipoh from Singapore a Week ago using my own car. Met up with my relative who owns a Honda Civic Type-R there. Luckily, he allowed me to test drive his car around the neighbourhood. The Model that I tested out was the Honda Civic Type-R Manual Transmission.

When you first get into the car, you are greeted with technology. Be it the nfotainment unit, dashboard or even the steering wheels. This car comes with the multi-function steering wheel which means I can now adjust the music volume while driving. What is A drive without loud music. There is just no mood.
Next, the car is long which makes the car look big which is a good thing because I hate driving really tiny Sports Cars.
The engine here is really strong and get easily get up to speed with minimal effort. Great Job Honda for creating such a machine.

As the car is really fast, the acceleration is fast. This makes sense right? However, the down side to this is during heavy traffic. Especially during Jams at the causeway or even at the Highways in Kuala Lumpur, your car would be literally vibrating a lot and Jerking because the pick up speed is too fast. This can be a bit irritating and frustrating especially when you have to go through long congested highways. Not really Comfortable. Would prefer the car to glide through traffic. Would be more comfortable and relaxing and yes, more pleasing and enjoyable to drive. Other than this, the Car is good enough and sure is a good buy.

Honda Civic Type-R