Related Articles

Eurokars launches the new Mazda CX-9

Mazda begins production of CX-3 at Hofu factory

2018 Mazda CX-9 receives a host of upgrades

Mirage Motorwerkz matches authorised distributors

Car Review - Mazda CX-9 2.5 2WD Turbo (A)
06 Dec 2017  |  Mazda Reviews
It is certainly comfortable, premium and practical, but it is the CX-9's hilariously powerful engine that made us come away with a huge grin on our faces.
   Consumer Reviews of Mazda CX-9

5/5 Reliability
5/5 Interior Design
4/5 Engine Performance
4 out of 4 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

DdCarReviewerSG
0 forum posts Joined on 13-Sep-2018
Yet Another BEAST Is Born!!  Posted on 18 Sep 2018

With a Plethora of choices to choose from, it can be really dificult to decide what car to buy. As part of a car hunt on a weekend, I and a group of Car Enthusiasts who all drive the 2008 Audi S5 went to Explore and Discover the Following: Mazda CX-9, Mazda 6, Nissan GT-R, Audi SQ5, Kia Cerato, Kia Stinger and Kia Carens. As a Continental car driver since the last decade, I have never touched any other brands other than the continental ones. Was pretty shocked that a Japanese Luxury Premium 7- Seater SUV Can perform comparably to a Continental Car. If Audi had not come up with the Audi SQ5, I would have booked the Mazda CX-9. The car is just simply breathtaking. As what you would have expect from what I have written, yes, I am now a proud owner, Still waiting, of an Audi SQ5. Although I personally did not book this unit, some of us from the group booked a unit. If I see the need for another family car, I know that the Mazda CX-9 would be the perfecr choice. Will be elaborating on why I say so in my Review later on. This review again is written in a Continental Car driver perspective. Hence, it would not be representative of everyone.

Exterior
Height Of Car shows some form of a sign to the others who see the car that hey, someone with a really high status is in here. Dont come here or you will get into trouble my man.
This car comes with cool looking radiator. This car's radiator does look a bit different from the sibling models, CX-3 and CX-5. This really helped to bring out the elegance and Luxury feel of the car.
The car has headlights and taillights designed really well to show that the car is Luxury and brings out some bold features of the car
Most importantly in a Luxury segment vehicle, what i look out for is the look, the feel it gives the driver and passenger as well as the size which is what the Mazda CX-9 does well in. Just look at the size of the car, it is just marvellously huge.
Interior
If I were to list out everything I like in the interior of the car, I would definitely exceed the word limit so I would just priortise the top few that I like.
The size of the car really affects the interior space. Having said that, this car has a generous interior space and even the third row poassenger can sit in comfort throughout the whole journey. I must salute Mazda here.
This car comes with electric tailgate which is what I really appreciate. A car with many features but no electric tailgate has seriously failed. So good job Mazda again

This car is really big but with a tiny engine. You cant expect to go fast in this engine. Mazda should really consider putting in more torque into such heavy cars in the future models. Would seriously help to move the car further.
This car has a really bad fuel efficiency. If you do not like the smell of petrol kiosks, please refrain from buying this car as you would be making lots of frequent visits to the petrol kiosks.

ToonWeiLim
0 forum posts Joined on 02-Oct-2015
More car than you'll ever need.  Posted on 05 Sep 2018

We bought this car based on excellent reviews from overseas and took delivery from the first batch in Singapore. Since then we have been up to Malaysia twice and thoroughly enjoyed travelling in this car. It handles well, is very comfortable and is well equipped.

We compared this to some MPVs but this was easily the most fun and best looking choice.

Very quiet and comfortable.
Can fit 3 child booster seats in second row.
Huge space if 3rd row is folded down.
Active safety features work well, and not too intrusive.
Torquey engine with plenty of grunt.
Reasonable fuel economy.

Front wheel drive struggles to deliver all the power to the ground, so some wheel spin when accelerating too enthusiastically.
It is a big car, and sometimes a hassle to park. Quite tall too, so you need to mind low car park ceilings.

AndyChang
2 forum posts Joined on 19-Jul-2015
Soul of Motion  Posted on 10 May 2018

Have collected the beauty since March end 18.

I'm amazed by it in terms of quietness and as well as the torque which the car picks up. It doesn't have many buttons in the cabin to confuse the driver, is interior design is designed to make things simple, satisfying and enableable with the drive. As for the fuel consumption, it has been performing at around 10.8L/100Km (40% Expressway & 60% Normal road), which is good enough for a 2 Ton car.

By far, this may be the only Jap car which is comparable or rather closest to the Conti such as Audi Q7, XC90 & X5 in terms of comfort & quietness... However, CX9 will never be able to beat them in terms of the interior finishes quality (Personally feel that the plastic materials used for the side door storage & the center cabin piece are rather thin & soft, which feel inferior)

For sound system, though Bose system is used. However, it seems that the bass is overwhelming.

Fuel Consumption

No Apple Play

Fitmugen
195 forum posts Joined on 01-Aug-2006
Luxury 7-seater that is not an MPV  Posted on 01 Apr 2018

Just collected a few days ago. First thing that strikes you is the size of the car. Almost 5m long which allows enough space comfortably for 7. This is not a 5+2 SUV with uninhabitable 3rd rows.

Features are top notch with the heads up display a treat for the driver. Soundproofing is good and the stock sound system is pretty neat too. Mine is the 2WD version which handles corners well enough. With a 2.5 turbo engine, power is certainly adequate, even with a full load of 7 passengers.

My take is that the CX-9 sits in a unique position in the market. Probably meant for someone who does not want to drive an MPV van and yet crave the space which cannot be provided by other SUVs. The only similar car is probably the Audi Q7 but that costs easily $60k more.

Styling
Luxury car features
Powerful engine

Parking can be tough in many places in Singapore

Mazda CX-9