2019's most popular Japanese Parallel Import cars

Audi Q3 Sportback: 5 things that got our attention

Audi Q3 achieves five star U.S.A NCAP rating

Audi builds unicorn-inspired Q3

Autoimage launches Italian car audio concept store

Consumer Reviews of Audi Q3 Sportback Mild Hybrid

4.5/5 Reliability
5/5 Interior Design
5/5 Engine Performance
3 out of 3 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

umangsgoel
0 forum posts Joined on 09-Nov-2020
One of the best buys - most value for money with Audi brand  Posted on 31 Dec 2020

From the day this car was launched I fell in love with its looks. Even though the advertisements and car brochure shows much bigger wheel rims of 19 or 20 inches, when I saw it in the premium auto showroom with 17 inches, I wasn't disappointed.

The car drives really well - the pick up is superb from standstill even with the 1.4 litre engine. It is feature rich and car looks & feels sturdy while driving even though its not a big one.

This is my first continental car from my previous Korean and Japanese experiences and with all due respect to them, I can truly see the difference in the drive as well as the external and internal built quality. The external feels strong and safe while the inside doesn't look cheap. Of course this car doesn't match the luxurious fit & finish of its bigger siblings like Q7 or Q8 (haven't included Q5 as it is quite dated when I bought).

I had driven the Merc GLA (doesn't drive so well and quite small in size) & BMW X1 & X2 (drivers better than the Q3 Sportback but like Merc has smaller space inside and boot) - hence chose this for better value for money I was paying.

Lastly would like to recommend my sales advisory Victor who was very patient and accommodative to my car interior and exterior colour changes I requested twice. This is unlike most other car sales execs who would push for existing colour choices to close the deal faster.

- Wonderful looks
- Built Quality
- Drive & pick up
- Fuel efficiency - 13.5 kmpl even when I rev hard sometimes.
- Feature rich - Lane keep assist, Adaptive cruise control, paddle shifters, etc.
- 530 litre of boot space - biggest in its segment
- Coupe styling

- No sunroof
- S line version is too expensive - around 15k more
- no roof rails - makes the car look lower in height for a crossover/SUV

CarbonFalcon
1 forum posts Joined on 22-Nov-2012
Sharp from Standstill  Posted on 15 Nov 2020

There hasn't been a more striking entry into the small crossover segment since the CHR. While the X2 opted for NASA capsule design mated to a wheezy 1.5L 3-cyl and the UX opted for an overly unnecessary 2L 10-speed with peanut bootspace - Audi decided to simply over-engineer everything for the same price.

Evident from a company that lets engineers do car launches, there are 3 powertrain options - The 1.4 4-cyl turbo FWD (most sensible for me), a 2.0L Quattro and the (outpriced) madlad 2.5L RS. Since Audi is all about configurations, there was no need for fixed equipment lists and haggling with clueless sales folk why certains features were not available. You simply choose everything you need or want.

Space-craft edgyness paired with equally semi-camouflagistic matt finishing add hefty notes of seriousness and war machine cloakery. Together with a state-of-the-art cockpit rimmed with probably the highest levels of connectivity and configurable sound options for your smartphone, there is nothing on par in terms of tech.

Sporting the biggest boot of the 3 isn't much to shout about - cos there isn't any luggage to carry or golf bags to show off. However, i had a lot more room to buy groceries for your own family and parents. I could leave kids' stuff in the car semi-permanently and be ever-ready for any quick entertaining trips. It all made me seem more responsible as a person to my family.

Pre-sense, 3D sound, excellent connectivity and a lack of cheap plastics makes the purchase far more worth it. Despite it's smaller stature, it still packs the confidence of a monitor lizard on the f1 track.

If you want a more classic appeal, choose a Mitsuoka. If you want the future, choose Audi. Every other maker has confused bits in between.

Pilot-feel, fighter plane design.
Spaciousness, practicality, pricing.
Most high-tech interior and equipment - virtual cockpit, smartphone connectivity, 360 camera, etc.
Pre-sense and safety
Bang & Olufsen 3d Sound was a notch better than the UX (which had one of the best sound systems)
The ability to choose equipment i need.
LED headlights and sweeping lights - always lovely.

Wish these had the virtual mirrors.
The RS green paint option was too ex to consider.

steveooo
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Nov-2020
One of the better looking crossover  Posted on 15 Nov 2020

My review after owning it for about 2 weeks (around 800km)

Previously was driving an estima

Drive is decent and comfortable
The interior of this new generation of Audi is easy to use and integrate well into the car.

Overall a good bang for bucks, more good looking that both the X1 and GLA180, yet cheaper and comes with almost full spec.

- Virtual cockpit (easy to use and navigate)
- Responsive touch screen
- 360 camera, cruise control, electronic seats
- Decent fuel consumption -> Highway 15km/L, Urban - 10km/L
- Stable drive even at 120 - 140km/hr
- Very handsome exterior (mini urus)
- Huge boot space

- Lacklustre pick up speed
- Lacking headroom in the back seat
- Audi UTR(Audi own camera) is really crappy. always have trouble connecting to it.
- 17" inch tyres from PA (at least an 18")

Audi Q3 Sportback Mild Hybrid