Toyota Wish

Consumer Reviews of Toyota Wish

4/5 Reliability
4.5/5 Interior Design
4.5/5 Engine Performance
9 out of 9 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.
Login to sgCarMart to submit a review Submit a review

Dero
53 forum posts Joined on 12-Aug-2006
Hurry buy!  Posted on 05 Dec 2009

I've driven this car a few times though I do not own one.

I feel this 1.8l mpv or family car can really transport 8 people or even more!! It does not seem underpower at all.

The design looks better than the successor and the aerotourer model makes it better!

Initially, I thought the 3rd row will be lack of legroom but after making adjustments to the 2nd row, the 3rd can be very comfy.

However, it could be better if the 2nd or 3rd row is fitted with A/C as it is quite hot for the 3rd row.

The luggage space is also considered average for a mpv. I simply live this mpv of the class!

- Design
- Driving experience
- Really Good FC
- Generous Space

- No rear A/C

Amkites
0 forum posts Joined on 04-Jun-2009
Excellent Car I've owned  Posted on 04 Jun 2009

If anyone would like to have a spacious, reliable, good FC/handling and power. This Toyota Wish can be consider.

I fill up full tank from Spore travelling the NS Highway in Msia to K.L. the FC was excellent! I merely used up not even 1/4 tank. Continue up to Penang/Ipoh to my relative doorstep. The FC was = more than 1/4 tank LEFT.

P.S. = 4 pax was on this journey. Everything was good except this car feature was dated.(Non-stop @ 110km/hr)

The car seats are in very comfort position/posture compare to a low saloon car. Is good for elderly for long journey travel.
Big spacious sitting up to 8.5 pax and still powerful pickup, even on gradual up slope.
FC was estimate in urban drive = 30km/l & City drive was almost 12km/l. (driving abt 5 years with 15" sport rim).

Almost every 20k run, the rear suspension seem to be weaken and have change 3 times.
Front suspension was still alright after 5 years.
My old Wish aircon lacks to deliver rear sitting passenger within short period of time.

Vj231158
3 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
A good Car.  Posted on 22 Feb 2009

I have had this car for 2 years now and it doesnt give me any problems. Very strong performance and seats seven well.

Engine

nothing at all.

Vj231158
3 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
MPV that packs a punch  Posted on 22 Feb 2009

I have been driving this car for the past 2 years and have had no problems unlike my old nissan that kept having problems. A very powerful vvt-i engine that really propels the car when you floor the throttle. 0-100 in about 9secs. my top speed so far is 175km/h but strictly not in singapore. The road was not enough to go higher. I feel that this is a car that fulfills it's purpose as a mpv and can still drive like a sport car. I have done a few performance tweaks and i feel that it is worth it. It feels very light even at low speeds. I have sound-proved the car so i dont get any rumbling noises.

Engine

Nothing At all

Bwilly
66 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Toyota Wish from Borneo Motors  Posted on 22 Feb 2009

I got the Wish from BM in Nov 08, and are very happy with the performance. Fuel consumption with 70% highway and 30% city gives me about 12km/L. The car absorbed most bumps and humps. 1st and 2nd row is spacious, and 3rd row is still good for adults, though its abit cramp. Pick up is fine, but with 7 passengers it lacks abit, though it will move when you floor the pedal. There is no center/2nd row air-con sadly, 3rd passengers suffer. 15" stock rim as standards, good for FC.

The Aerotourer model which I got, makes the Wish outstanding. With the nice scuff plate, reverse sensor and cam, together with DVD 2 din player, its totally worth it to pay another $2k for this model. Engine is sufficient for local usage. Projection headlamp, much more powerful and focus. 3+2 years extended warranty. After service is quite good.

The engine vibrates too much when its idling, especially when the RPM hovers around 600rpm, you get a free "massage" all over. The stock tyre, Goodyear excellence is nice for general usage, but do not try high speed stunt in the wet. Interior is bland, nothing to get excited with. Only one choice of leather colour. Headlight is only halogen even for Aerotourer. Servicing is expensive after one year free. Alot of cranking sound on the gear when you shift, compare to the Honda Stream. The Aerotourer kit is quite fragile, with the low bodykit, some carparks rear stop brick are quite high, and tend to scratch or even worst, breaks your rear bodykit.

Cwm12
13 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
A Good Car  Posted on 03 Feb 2009

I have been driving it for 3 years and found that it is a reliable make. So far, all is well.

1. Value for money.
2. Reliable.
3. A low fuel consumption of approx.11.5km/l.
4. Driver and front passenger area spacious.

1. At times it feels lethargic and engine drags. When it is not, the drive can be very enjoyable. This puzzles me even within same day.
2. Suspension is springy when I'm the only one inside.
3. Dashboard design is dated.
4. Engine vibration can be felt and can be quite strong.
5. Narrow space between car body and seat. When car is moving, safety belt hitting body when not placed properly

Mustang
746 forum posts Joined on 26-Oct-2005
Best mid size MPV!  Posted on 05 Nov 2008

Almost everywhere we can see this model. Reliable and practical MPV.

All

Rear seats head clearance too low

Roverjovian12
0 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
True MPV with style!  Posted on 16 Oct 2008

My old Nissan Sunny drinks petrol and also felt heavy to drive. The Wish on the other hand gives me 13km/l and delivers power very smoothly. Comfort is good all round. Entry to third row easy and seats 7 incredibly well. Handles like a sports car (light steering and good cornering). Engine performance is good. Acceleration is phenomenon. What more, also have the Toyota badge (the badge of quality and perfection). Great car!

The engine
Steering
Gearbox
Acceleration
Design
Interior
(literally everything!)

There should have been more features like dual zone climate control but current aircon good enough.

Wilfred
0 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Most popular family car for 7 pax  Posted on 23 Jan 2008

This car is very popular for its fuel consumption (FC) of 14.4km/l. It is because of this reason that i recommand my mum to switch to this car from the mazda 3 which i drove previously. When i am driving my Mazda 3, the FC is nearly 10km/l and the worse FC i ever had is from 8 to the best FC of 11.3km/l. However, now for this wish, the first tank gives 10.5km/l and if i add on with the subsequence FC, which are much better, the average FC is about 12km/l which is only slightly more fuel saving. But if you take into account of the fact that wish is a 1800cc while mazda 3 is only a 1600cc, then it is considered as a plus plus PLUS factor for wish.

Apart from the good FC it provides, it is also comparatively cheaper (Wish $73K) than other cars in its class, like Honda stream ($80K), Opel Zafira ($86K), Peugeot 307SW($86K), Nissan Lafesta($79K), Mazda 5 ($74*) and toyota pinic ($86K)
*Price on mazda cars are priced after cash rebate so must add about $6K for mazda 5.

But of course, the attractive factors of wish is not only its price and FC, the exterior design is also very nice and it will looks even nicer if you go for a makeover which consist of full body kits($800), foglamps($250) and 17" rims ($1200). However, for the interior, the dashboard is still quite nice but the furnishing for the doors give me a 'cheap' feeling because the furnishing for mazda 3 is just too nice to compare with.

Some good features are the seat alarm for passenger as my mum always forgot to fasten seat belt, 3rd row seat are accessible via both side of the rear door, flat and huge boot space when the 3rd row seats are folded down. However, there are also some negative points which are that the rear windows are unable to be winded down fully and when the gear is at the park mode, the hazard lights switch is abit difficult to reach.

Overall, this car is still quite value for money as it is big able to carry alot of people and at a reasonable price. :)

Login to sgCarMart to submit a review Submit a review