Related Categories

Features
4.5/5 Performance
Design
4/5 Price
44 out of 44 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this product to a friend.

•  « Back ( 1 2 3 ) Next »
Qaz20
Premium User Qaz20
264 forum posts Joined on 06-May-2002
Best valued for money performance tyres  Posted on 30 Jun 2018

Lexus GS300

Had used Asymmettric 1, 2 and 3. Great tyres, gives confidence and assurance driving in under both wet and dry condition.

Good treadwear, grip n noise level are maintained till the very end of the tyre's useful life.

Superb value for money.

Good grip in wet and dry
Good treadwear
Low noise for a performance tyre

Lala81
2Fast2Furious
31456 forum posts Joined on 26-May-2004
Goodyear Asymmetric 3 Experience  Posted on 28 Jun 2018

Honda Accord

1000km into these new set of tyres.
Good stopping distance in wet and dry. Good level of tyre noise.
Major difference between this and the Primacy 3 ST I previously used, is that my FC has increased by about average 1km/L since the switch. Thumbs up for fuel efficiency improvement (something I've never really experienced with tyre changes).

Good all round performer.

Fuel Economy improvement
Good wet and dry stopping distance

Nothing

James996
Premium User James996
188 forum posts Joined on 09-Nov-2010
Goodyear Eagle F1 A3  Posted on 28 Jun 2018

Kia Forte

Installed all 4pcs of brand new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 last year Feb.

First time trying Goodyear tires as wanted to see if they are up to the reputation as Ultra-High Performance Tires.

The Wet & Dry grips are fantastic. Steering feedback also sharp.

After almost 20k of usage mileages, grip is still there but slightly lesser when under first few K of driving in them.

Had some road noises after 10k of usage, but most performance tires will have some noise sacrificing for better grip and handling.

Heard of some tires batches had sidewalls torn and deform for predecessor.

SkyDevils
Premium User SkyDevils
507 forum posts Joined on 13-Feb-2009
Most reliable tire  Posted on 27 Jun 2018

Hyundai Elantra

Have been using F1 Eagle since 2008, Did not use any other brands as this tires have serve me well and the price is reasonable.

All

10468 forum posts Joined on 13-Aug-2009
Good tire in wet and dry  Posted on 23 Jun 2018

Design 5/5 Price 4/5

Hyundai Verna

Used this on my Verna previously. Good grip in the wet and dry. Not too noisy as well. I will recommend this tire to family and friends.

Good grip.

220 forum posts Joined on 07-Jan-2015
Reliable and Sporty Tyre  Posted on 21 Jun 2018

Design 4/5 Price 2/5

Kia Optima

Currently using this set of tyres. Good on wet roads and quiet while driving. It is one of the best tyres I ever use. Price is fair but I would think they should price slightly lower than current selling price. This model is capable of matching other brands like Michelin and Bridgestone tyres. Highly recommended if you do not have a high budget on tyres.

Grip on the road. The ability to overcome wet roads. It is also quiet while driving. It has a “rim protector” that the tyre reseller told me as it protects the rim from kerb rash.

I find the price is a little over price. Other than that, everything is good.

Robin
Premium User Robin
NOS-ed
16897 forum posts Joined on 06-Sep-2004
Sporty and reliable  Posted on 01 Jun 2018

Audi A3

Installed this on my Audi A3 and running close to 60k km.
Tyres feels grippy on wet and dry surfaces and gives you the confidence to go a little bit faster around corners and compliments this with good braking performance. Thread wear has been pretty good thus far for me.
Its sporty looks is a plus point, however it can get a little bit noisy when worn.

Wet and dry performance
Thread wear
Sporty looks

A little bit noisy when worn

Ake109
Premium User Ake109
1422 forum posts Joined on 26-Apr-2011
Very good all rounder  Posted on 01 Jun 2018

Design 5/5 Price 4/5

Audi S4

Using a set of 255/35/19 F1A3s.

For a UHP (Ultra High Performance) tyre, I find that it gave very good all round performance. Have done about 8000km and the wear is holding up well too.

Aquaplaning behaviour has been good so far, been thru a few thick puddles at hgihway speeds and car tracked well.

Grip in the wet and dry seem high, I have not found their limits yet and think one would need to drive at a rather illegal/antisocial style to find out. If I had to nitpick, the downside to this tyre is that feedback can be lacking (which also contributes to me not daring to push them to the limit yet). Basically at cornering speeds which I fear the car is going to lose it, they havnt started squealing or giving me the feedback thru the steering that the limits of grip is being approached.

Tyre noise and comfort seem good for a UHP class tyre.

Online reviews from most websites claim that rolling resistance is excellent but that is not something I can feel or test.

Overall, would recommend and have recommended this tyre to friends.

All round performance wet and dry

Good aquaplaning resistance

Comfortable for a low profile UHP

Good sized rim protector

Feedback can be lacking on enthusiastic cornering

Doppel
Premium User Doppel
Turbocharged
977 forum posts Joined on 22-Dec-2007
Very responsive but comfortable tires  Posted on 31 May 2018

Lexus GS300

Size: 245/40R18 GY F1A3

These tires are not outright performance tires, as such they are not harsh on the ride.

What they provide is a good balance of comfort, sportiness, responsiveness and grip (both dry and wet).

I have used other competitors' products previously, while they may excel better than the GY F1A3 in some areas, they are unable to beat it overall.

If you're looking for an outright out-and-out performance tire, this is probably not the most suitable tire for you. However, for daily driving with some sportiness, kudos to the Goodyear F1A3.

Further, it is great value for money with its competitive price points in the same segment.

Good overall balance of sportiness and comfort.
Good tire design (personal preference) and good rim protector.
Available in a wide variety of sizes.

Nothing against it.

Voxy28
1163 forum posts Joined on 14-Jan-2002
Price performance  Posted on 31 May 2018

Design 4/5 Price 5/5

BMW 325Ci

Install it on a Passat and the wet and dry grip was excellent. However it can be quite noisy on certain roads. Highly recommended

Grips. Plenty of it

2nd to None  Posted on 19 May 2018

Features 5/5 Performance 4/5
Design 4/5 Price 5/5

Subaru Impreza

I have used 2 sets of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 before changing to this. Wanted to try the Michelin PS4 which rated higher in performance testing in tyre reviews but were also more expensive. Also, wet grip, wear rate, quietness and comfort were now factors for me to consider other than just outright grip as I mature.

Wet grip

Premium User Dilemma
184 forum posts Joined on 02-Apr-2007
One of the most value for money UHP tyre out there  Posted on 19 May 2018

Audi A4

Been on these set of tyres for about 20,000 km and i would say its one of the best performing tyre i've used. The tyre size i'm using is 245/40/18 and i would rank the dry grip the this set of tires on the top of my list. Cornering has been a breeze even at high speed on this set of tyres.

The wet grip was pretty good at first with very little aquaplanning, but currently at 20k km mileage, i would say i have to be more careful on wet grounds.

Overall its still one of the most value for money tyre out there and it seems like the tyre can last quite a fair bit of mileage more.

- Good dry grip
- Low noise
- High mileage

- Dry grip isn't the best

Sdf4786k
Premium User Sdf4786k
Turbocharged
3978 forum posts Joined on 26-Dec-2007
Tires at a price point you cannot refuse with a confidence inspiring grip  Posted on 16 May 2018

Volkswagen Golf

The previous generation of F1 Assy and F1 Assy 2 got me hook on the new version Assy 3. Instead of blindly following a Brand, I actually had to use another brand that came stock on the Golf R.

That's when I realise life is more important than risking and putting it to chance by wearing off the tires first, and then getting a new set of tires, after experiencing and getting a nervy feeling when its on a wet day as well as a few missed on the expressway.

I suppose the two most important things in a car is always the brakes and the tires. The rest is really just "fun" factors that you can add on. Can't place a value on life. As long as you can avoid a accident, you probably gotten back your return on investment.

The Wet grib and the "parting of the red sea" during water ponding season is fun. The tread pattern as well as the reasonably quiet noise is a good balance. You can really tell the stickiness of the tires with less ABS kicking in.

On dry days when you craving out the winding road, its shoik and effective as the steering wheel feedback is more chatty vs some that sort of numb the feel of what the read is communicating to you.

What's there not to like when the next highest rated brand tire is at least $120 more than a Goodyear Assy 3 and there is a variation of it being second best depending on which website you go to. Some have the Goodyear Assy3 rated No.1

There not much to dislike other than the non availability at some shops and stocks availability for certain size.

Acertey
178 forum posts Joined on 09-May-2007
Awesome Price Point for A Superb Set of Tyres  Posted on 12 May 2018

Honda Civic

THANK YOU GOODYEAR!!
These tyres does it all!!
From the first drive these tyres are a fantastic blend of high performance and comfort.

Had recently changed this out less than a week. Previously have used various types of tyres and famous brands such as Dunlop Dizera, Yokohama Advan DB, Falken, Hankook Ventus etc.

My previous experience with Good Year was Eagle F1A2, with superb confidence on wear tear, longevity, noise & grip. After changing to a new set of rim, i was given a set of Dunlop Dizera, the grip was superb, however the noise level and longevity is poor i would say, which had to be changed out after 25000km.

Eventually i changed to a F1A3, 225/18/45, i would say this is a superb set of tyres, and given the confidence level from the previous generation of eagle F1, it truly does not disappoint in terms of grip, comfort, noise level, aquaplaning on dry and wet weather. First try after change was a complete quietness as compared to previous tyres, even family members mentioned that cabin noise has reduced by close to 70%. It is also more comfortable and given a new life on my new car.

This tyre does it all:
If you are looking for a comfortable, well priced tyre that does it all, good performance , safe braking in wet and dry, very good aquaplaning resistance , low noise and very good fuel economy this is a safe pick!

To be honest, nothing at the moment. I will likely give the triple max a try to see how it is as compared to F1 Asymmetric 3. Good year, a brand that you can rely on as always, and definitely not disappoint.

Tsr729
Premium User Tsr729
534 forum posts Joined on 18-Jun-2007
Well balanced tyre  Posted on 12 May 2018

Honda Civic

I have not used a massive range of tyres but once I found something good I usually stick to it or something within its brand. Used 3 sets of Goodyear Assurance Triplemax on my previous ride and I was really impressed with its performance, quality, comfort and durability.

After signing on the dot for the new ride, I have decided to go for something more sporty/grippy and yet I don't wish to compromise too much of comfort. I do sound greedy here for wanting the best of both worlds, don't I? Believe it or not, you can always see people posting on forums asking for grippy but comfy tyre, so the struggle is real and it is a legit desire for many.

Was contemplating between PS4 and F1A3 initially, but I have decided to go for the latter since I have found massive confidence in Goodyear products for the past few years.

Ordered a brand new set of rims and F1A3 last year before collection of my new ride and changed into them right after collection. During installation, I have noticed that the tread depth seems a little too shallow which worried me a little on the wear rate.

Now with 20K km frequent spirited driving, they doesn't seem to be as worn as expected, I feel like it can perhaps last another 20K km, which leads me thinking that the tyre compound is actually on the harder side, but surprisingly it doesn't compromise much on comfort.

Grip wise, F1A3 has a better grip and yet has lower noise than Kumho KU31, which I really loved it for its price and amazing grip but I had to ditch it after 20K km due to bulging/ballooning. Assurance Triplemax was more of a comfort and FC friendly tyre so the grip cannot be compared with UHPs.

Wet performance is a whole new level of excitement, it feels using a knife to cut through a tofu when going over puddles. Tried driving way above speed limit in NSHW during raining days with absolute confidence.

It has reasonably lower rolling resistance considering it is a UHP as usually grip comes with higher rolling resistance. I don't know how they did it but it is a good thing as I am getting good FC.

Noise wise I am pretty satisfied so far even at 20K km now.

Overall a good set of tyres and it is highly likely to be F1A3 again for my next set.

I will definitely recommend to those who wants a "well balanced" UHP tyre for daily driving and occasional spirited driving.

5years agent warranty for defects when bought from authorised dealer
Well balanced with grip and comfort
Reasonable noise level for a UHP
Low rolling resistance= Good FC
Wet traction
Reasonable wear rate

Soft side walls= Can feel the "roll" if you are into cornerings
Inadequate rim protector