Related Categories

Featured Products

Editor's Review
Autoimage offers hassle-free car audio system upgrades
25-04-2019  |  's Review
Autoimage Enterprise, a veteran of the car audio industry, is future-proofing audio upgrades with its range of Esatto Digital Signal Processors. Read More »
   Consumer Reviews of Esatto Massa MA-D4

Features
4.5/5 Performance
Design
4.5/5 Price
14 out of 14 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this product to a friend.

Dinkydong
185 forum posts Joined on 03-Dec-2006
Transforms a mediocre sounding Chinese android head unit...  Posted on 21 Aug 2019

Design 5/5 Price 3/5

Hyundai i30

Amongst the various components to upgrade a car's sound system, the Esatto Ma-d4 makes the most difference to the sound quality. I am upgrading from an Audison dsp. This is a testament to Esatto's performance. There is a noticeable improvement in sound quality and sound stage. It also brings about a more immersive experience playing back movies on my head unit. The Chinese android head unit that I am using didn't have exactly a decent sound quality. The Esatto dsp completely transforms its mediocre sound quality to that of a higher end unit. The provision for Bluetooth connection is a bonus, allowing a decent Bluetooth music streaming. In addition, there is also an Android app for setting sound parameters with presets. A must have especially for owners of current cars with factory provided head units.

Significant improvement in sound quality. Android app provides ease of changing sound parameters.

Less affordable that other components in the system.

Lightsabre
88 forum posts Joined on 08-Mar-2010
Excellent Way For Fast & Quality Audio Upgrade  Posted on 21 Apr 2019

Mazda 6

Approached Ted weeks ago and share with him what I hope to improve on car audio. He strongly recommended me this Esatto DSP and shared with me the pros & cons of this audio gadget.

The installation took slightly longer, and he mentioned that the car model (not the base model) needs a bit more time. Everything was done within the 3 hours, including the tuning.

The audio quality of playing youtube is incredible. Sound staging is also excellent for playing songs from Spotify.

Excellent service from Ted. He has invited me to revisit weeks later at my convenience for more tuning and settings for the other types of songs.

1) Compact and out of sight after installation
2) Allow different settings for a different type of songs
3) Fast & Simple Way for Audio Upgrade!

Whattheheck
204 forum posts Joined on 07-Jul-2016
You Won't Believe How Much Difference It is Until You Tried It.  Posted on 12 Mar 2019

Opel Astra

After changing to Esatto component speakers and driving for a few days, I went to research about DSP and decided to go try it out.
My usual workshop recommended me this DSP and after installing it, I can only say, you won't believe how good it sounds until you heard it yourself.

Opel Astra's stock HU can't be replaced because the car settings are all in the HU.
By adding a DSP, I managed to improve the sound quality with a stock HU.

The sound layering is very obvious when you hear it. You can clearly differentiate between the vocals, instruments and bass.

Go try it out and you will see what I meant.

Good for cars with HU that cannot be replaced.

Teargas
0 forum posts Joined on 30-Sep-2019
Quality DSP Amplifer  Posted on 30 Sep 2019

Toyota Vellfire

Went down to Ted's place to replace my faulty Audison amplifier. He strongly recommended the Esatto Massa MA-D4, which is within my budget of 1K. Installation took about 2 to 3 hours, including tuning.

Ted did a demo with me inside the car and the sound is awesome. Sound staging on this amplifier is excellent. Going back next week for Ted to fine tune the system after it has ran in.

Sound quality
Direct bluetooth audio from mobile devices
Customisation of sound profile

Lewisdesire
0 forum posts Joined on 24-Jun-2014
Most best sound quality ever heard in car  Posted on 26 Jul 2019

Hyundai Elantra

Installed esatto massa MA-D4, super compact in size and build in amp. Best sound quality with in built-in dsp. Fully recommended to friends and audio lover 👍

Size
Sound quality

None

Bryantlin
17 forum posts Joined on 15-Jul-2007
The difference this little thing made!!!  Posted on 19 Jun 2019

Toyota Sienta

I head down to Autoimage wanting to resolve the popping sound that I hear from my rear speakers. After Ted's team diagnosis, it turned out that the Soundstream amplifier that I had was faulty. Ted recommended a few options to me and was as usual not pushy in asking me to choose the most expensive option which was to install the Esatto Massa MA-D4.

The reason I am writing a review is because I chose to install the Esatto Massa MA-D4 after Ted explained the pros and cons of each of the options. Importantly, after listening to music with the MA-D4 for the past 5 days, I feel that it is important to share my review as this product is relatively not well known in Singapore.

So onto MA-D4. This device is small when compared with my previous amplifier. But being small, it doesn't mean that the performance was weaker. In fact, the songs that I always listen sounded much better and this was using the exact same speaker setup (Rainbow speakers and subwoofer) that I had. The highs and lows of the songs are much clearer now and the sound stage of my car is now much wider when compared to previous. The improvement in the sound quality is confirmed by my wife and son who do not really know much about car audio. To set the context, the songs were played using Spotify via bluetooth connection to MA-D4 directly. Improvement in the sound quality was also observed when playing FLAC flies from my pioneer head unit.

The installation process was not too long and Ted personally tuned the system to suit the songs and music that I listen to.

Some other advantages shared with me were that the MA-D4 can be easily transferred to another vehicle and that I can set up to 6 listening profiles using a desktop application. Ted has offered to guide me thru the setting of the profiles at a later date.

Huge improvement in sound quality with existing speakers
Able to set up to 6 listening profiles
Ease of transfer to the next car in future
Small physical profile of the unit

None at this moment

Dinoteddy
0 forum posts Joined on 21-Dec-2011
Bang for buck audio upgrade  Posted on 14 May 2019

Hyundai Avante

Despite my 10+ years of hifi journey in my home setup, I have never considered upgrading the audio setup in my past 3 rides as i do not believe spending thousands of dollars just to achieve what I can already enjoy at home.

However, the new Avante stock system really puts me off and i can't bear listening to it just after a week. Thanks to Ted on his recommendation of Esatto Massa M4-DA DSP pairing with the Comado component (CO-S62) and Massa Coaxial speakers (MA-S62X), the audio world in my car changes totally. The imaging of the vocalists in my songs was right in front of me, The soundstage goes beyond the confines of the car chassis. Clarity with tight bass and clean vocals are heard in every details of the songs.

I used to think that such audio quality should be enjoyed in the house rather than when driving around the city, but i have been proven wrong. Very wrong indeed.

I didn't expect to see a DSP below a grand in the market. The output from this DSP surpasses the initial investment. My stock HU remains intact and no changes were made to void any warranty as well.

Nothing at all

DerrickD
0 forum posts Joined on 21-Jan-2016
Esatto Massa MA-D4  Posted on 13 May 2019

Subaru Impreza

Installation was done under 30 mins (plug and play).
Tuning, by Ted, was done professionally within 30 mins.
Ted understood my listening requirements tuned the system accordingly.
Clarity was amazing, you can hear the guitar strings being plucked.

Ted has previously installed sound equipment in my previous rides and I have never been disappointed.

Keep up the great work.

The sound and music quality.
No need to cut any wires.
I'm still able to use my stock head unit and steering controls.

NIL

AChew
2 forum posts Joined on 26-Feb-2009
Makes driving a pleasure  Posted on 16 Apr 2019

Features 4/5 Performance 5/5
Design 4/5 Price 5/5

Honda Odyssey

I chanced upon the reviews of the Esatto DSP and decided pay AutoImage a visit 6 weeks ago. Victor attended to me and recommended the Massa MA-D4, he also paired it with a variety of loudspeakers to let me decide which was more to my liking. I chose the Rainbow SL-C62 component for the front and rear with some sound proofing on the front doors. It was not too busy that Friday afternoon and the job was completed in 2 hours.

I am very pleased with the performance of the upgrade and the tuning that Ted did. Very musical and could hear instrument separation and depth that was not evident previously. Ted said I should return in 4 weeks for tuning after the components are run-in. It has been more than 4 weeks and I am planning a return visit soon.

Did not submit a review earlier as I wanted give myself some time to listen.

Good sound, compact and reasonably priced.

Nothing.

Keongsam26
0 forum posts Joined on 04-Dec-2012
No regrets sound system upgrade  Posted on 31 Mar 2019

Kia 2900L

I read some of the online reviews before making my way to Autoimage to understand more about Esatto Masa DSP.

I didn't want to spend too much money or waste my car space for those big bulky amps and woofer sound systems that cost a bomb. There was no hard selling from the shop to buy any speakers or woofer etc either.

Therefore I was very pleased with the Esatto Masa and how it improved my sound system even though I'm running stock speakers! Amazing how such a small form makes a big difference! Whoever is in doubt or looking for an affordable upgrade can explore installing this in your car

Very customisable, able to bring out excellent sound even with just MP3 song played from handphone!

Crax
0 forum posts Joined on 04-Mar-2013
Value-for-money upgrade for in-car sonics!  Posted on 09 Mar 2019

Subaru Impreza

Coming from tube amps and 'stacks' in my home music setup, it has been on my wishlist to import the same listening experience to my WRX without spending too much.

On the advice of my trusted ICE establishment, I plunged into the Essato Massa without doing the research that should always be done. It was one the best on-the-spur-of-the-moment decisions that I have made. The soundstaging was excellent, the channel separation amazing for a device at this price level. After installation, I spent a good 30 minutes at the shop dancing to the fiddles, swooning to the double basses and rocking to the guitars. The best thing is that my original setup remained unchanged - it was just the processor that was introduced. I am into the burn-in stage now and cannot wait to hear what time will do to open up the sound even more.

On a sidenote, the MA-D4 also features a direct bluetooth connection from mobile devices for a movie theatre experience right in the driver's seat.

Value-for-money.
Excellent sound-stage.
Exquisite channel separation.
Sound profile that can be totally customised (through a PC)
Quick setup without changing current setup.

Nothing.

jedi75
0 forum posts Joined on 03-Sep-2014
Best Audio Add on Ever!  Posted on 05 Mar 2019

Toyota Estima

I've always invested on an after market sound system and when i got myself a MPV, i did the same but to a lesser extent. I opted to change my speakers and added a Pioneer amp and a under seat sub woofer. Sadly, i didnt feel "wowed" and after awhile i was looking for something that could alleviate the simple sound system to another level. That's where Audio Image came in and they recommended the Esatto MA-D4 amp plus DSP. It was installed and tuned professionally and swiftly. When i sat in the car for the first time, i was blown away by the excellent sound staging this device produced. It completely changed the sound coming out of the speakers. It was value for money and love the service!

Excellent service and eye for details. What you need of an audio consultant.
Never pushy

nothing

janice_allion
0 forum posts Joined on 04-Mar-2019
ESatto Massa MA-D4 Digital Sound Processor  Posted on 04 Mar 2019

Toyota Allion

I have been going back to my regular installer Autoimage Enterprise for about 10 years and it is no surprise that Ted comes out with new surprises . This time round, I was recommended a ESatto Massa MA-D4 Digital Sound Processor.
After listening to my requirements, knowing that I cannot give up my boot space for huge amplifiers and subs, the Esatto MA-D4 that came in a small construction was hidden well below the passenger seat with nobody noticing it.

As for the sound qualities, I am amazed that it allows me to bluetooth music and best of all, it allows me to set up 6 types of equilizer , time alignment and sound stage that will allow me to experience the ultimate sound experience in my car.

Simply the best car gadget I have experienced over the past decade!

I like the Esatto MA-D4 for being user friendly in terms of connectivity with my mobile phone , its slim size that will not waste my car space and especially its price.

Cannot think of any yet

lanzwalker
0 forum posts Joined on 22-Feb-2019
Awesome sound stage with Esatto DSP + Speakers  Posted on 22 Feb 2019

Honda Odyssey

I had a new audio system done up for my Honda Odyssey by Autoimage. The initial plan was to have my recovered audio system, which comprised of a pair of Helix component speakers and a Helix 4-Channel amplifier, reinstall in my new ride and add a new pair of Esatto component speakers, MA-S62, to the front to save on cost.

Unfortunately, on the day of installation we realized that there is no space for mounting the bulky Helix amplifier due to space constraints beneath the front passenger seat. Therefore, Ted recommended the Esatto DSP Massa MA-D4, which is a DSP with integrated amplifier all in a compact chassis. To be honest, I've never installed a DSP for my past two rides and am not sure how much improvement this DSP can bring about. However, Ted managed to convince me that the sound quality will be a notch up, moreover the connection between the Honda orginal HU and the DSP unit is via a compatible connector that does not require any modification. This gives me a peace of mind as I do not want to void the warranty of my new ride.

The whole installation works took about 3 hours and Ted (Boss) personally tune the DSP for me. After listening, I'm impressed by the warm and clear sound stage produced by the Esatto speakers and with DSP the sound image is further elevated! The minor setback is the lack of matching sound stage to the rear as my old Helix component speakers cannot reproduce the same sound stage as Esatto's.

After a week, I called up Ted and told him about my concerns and he told me to drive down for a retune. I changed out the Helix with another pair of Esatto, MA-S62, and never regretted my decision. The whole audio system sounds more warm, clear and totally awesome and satisfying! Ted's team even took the extra mile to mount my rear twitter to the pillar and spray painted it with matching color. This is truly the type of professional workmanship that few can match up to. Thumbs up to Ted and his specialists!!

Warm, clear, good sound image
Compact in size