Related Categories

Featured Products

Editor's Review
High performance, great price - Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5
13-09-2019  |  's Review
The Asymmetric 5 is Goodyear's latest tyre in its all new Eagle F1 range, promising increased grip and shorter stopping distances - for a great price. Read More »
   Consumer Reviews of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

Features
4.5/5 Performance
Design
4.5/5 Price
29 out of 29 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this product to a friend.

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »
iamahbee
150 forum posts Joined on 01-Mar-2020
Very balanced UHP Tyre  Posted on 13 Aug 2020

Design 4/5 Price 5/5

Hyundai i30

Swapped out the factory fitted 205/55R16 tyres for 225/45R17 F1A5s yesterday. Immediately felt the positive difference, though it isn't a fair comparison since the former is an eco tyre.

After installation, I took a drive through South Buona Vista Road and a longish West to East jaunt on AYE-MCE-KPE.

Performance was as per expected through the "99-bends" and a significant upgrade from stock. I was however impressed with the ride comfort despite being a UHP tyre with a lower profile compared to the stock 55, and it was also quieter.

This morning, the heavens opened and I was also able to record a positive feel of these tyres in the wet.

First impressions are that this is a very balanced tyre between performance and comfort, and at this price point great value. These are my first Goodyears on any cars I had. I have a feeling they won't be my last.

Will check back in here for another review as the mileage rolls on!

Improved steering feel and feedback
Sharp turn-in
Comfort and quietness
Wet grip and braking

None so far

Lightsabre
91 forum posts Joined on 08-Mar-2010
Great Set of Performance Tyres  Posted on 23 Feb 2020

Mazda 6

Changed a set of Goodyear Asymmetric 5 last Friday. The handling and braking performance seems better to my previous set of tyres. Feel great control even when sharp turning. I am very happy with the noise level as I am expecting it to be way noisier as it is a performance tyre.

PS: Received a sports bag due to current promotion.

handling performance
Give great control
Low road noise

spacer spacer spacer
GongJiaoWei
150 forum posts Joined on 28-Jun-2013
Offers what a driver want  Posted on 29 Jan 2020

BMW M3

A great tyre that offers what the driver wants. Experience comfort when on the expressway without harsh ride feeling.

Great handling feeling and gives me confidence when taking a bend without the need to reduce the speed dramatically. Yet to try the braking distance on the wet grip with very sharp braking. But the feel of the good grip is there though on wet road.

Great comfort feel with good grip performance

Not a quiet tyre

Eyke
5375 forum posts Joined on 30-Nov-2002
Fantastic value  Posted on 29 Jan 2020

Design 5/5 Price 4/5

Porsche Boxster

Installed 255/45R18 on rear axle and drove for 600km+ to test first before deciding whether to change to these for the front axle

Excellent grip in both wet & dry (but i only drive at legal speeds)
Comfortable
Not noisy
Not expensive

Nothing

Bobby_tan
324 forum posts Joined on 21-Dec-2012
Great tyre at a great price  Posted on 27 Jan 2020

Audi A4

Swop to Goodyear A5 after seeing Goodyear promotion online. A new pair of the shoe just before CNY. Very happy with the purchase as I experience good handling on during normal and rainy days. My driving seems quieter and it is definitely one of the quietest performance tyres that I have tried.

Good handling on both dry and wet road condition
Low road noise
Side wall seems stronger

JX83
748 forum posts Joined on 01-Sep-2009
Great tyres for the good price  Posted on 08 Jan 2020

Features 5/5 Performance 4/5

Lexus IS200

Using it on my Lexus IS200t. Bought this F1A5 225/40/18 on 3rd Nov 2019 from Arrow Tyres. Been using this set of tyres for 2 months which I have to said really worth the price.
Good in wet and dry weather. Definitely my next set of tyres again when it wears out in future. Another plus point which is really important to me is the rim protector.

Made in Germany
Rim Protector

So far none yet

Kayaloti
158 forum posts Joined on 26-Feb-2006
Great tyres for daily usage.  Posted on 28 Dec 2019

Subaru XV

Switch to F1A5 a week ago, immediately felt the steering response improved when driving out from shop back to home.
Have been on Korean brand tyres for a few years, decision to switch to Goodyear is the great choice so far.
Road noise have greatly reduced, side wall is firm and braking distance also improved compared to my previous tyres.

1) Lower audible road noise
2) Great steering response
3) Firm sidewall
4) Rim protector
5) Wet/dry handling

So far don't have any yet, hopefully wear rate not too fast.

Dynaway
2071 forum posts Joined on 05-Nov-2006
Good Value for $$$ Tyre  Posted on 27 Dec 2019

Honda Accord

Change a set 225/45R17 (Made in Germany) in early December 2019...Been using it for the past 3 weeks, find it to be very good and fast respond and grippy tyre.

Very good wet braking and control, added driving confidence in wet situation.

Also value for $$$$ when comparing to PS4 (Made in Thailand)

Ranked No.2 out of 52 tires in a review conducted in Germany.

value for $$$.
good wet braking and control.

not the most comfortable or quiet tyre when travelling on bad road surface.

Soundphile
142 forum posts Joined on 09-Jan-2008
Impressive all-rounder tyre at an affordable price  Posted on 03 Dec 2019

Volkswagen Jetta

Changed to a set of Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 5 tyres from LSTA recently. The price is very competitive as compared with its rival such as the Michelin PS4, which was also the previous set of tyres that I was using. Having used the F1 Asymmetric 3 some time back, I had my reservation on the Goodyear tyres initially as I find the F1A3's sidewall too soft for my liking. However, I go ahead with the F1 Asymmetric 5 due to the good reviews online.

In terms of noise, vibration and harshness, the F1A5 is very quiet and able to cushion undulation very well. The tyre also has very low rolling resistance, which is something that surprises me and this is what I like the most about this tyre. Fuel consumption for my car has dropped significantly as well.

Traction and braking distance wise, I would say it perform well and up to my expectation, in both wet and dry conditions. The tyres give me good confidence in terms of handling.

The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 is a very good all-rounder tyre and has improved a lot from it's predecessor. I feel that it is as good as it's competitor, if not better. I recommend it to all drivers to try it out.

- Rim protector
- Quiet
- Cushion road imperfection well
- very low rolling resistance; good FC
- Competitive pricing

none so far

Ingenius
3458 forum posts Joined on 19-Sep-2009
An excellent all rounder  Posted on 26 Nov 2019

Features 4/5 Performance 5/5
Design 4/5 Price 4/5

Toyota Corolla

I had this tire for 50,000km, and has travelled up north numerous times. This tire can be characterised as comfortable, fuel saving, and predictable in all kinds of road condition here in Singapore. It is a very good all rounder, but not excellent in any area. I will recommend this if anyone is looking for a very good tire for good price.

Quiet
Grippy for up to 50k km
Didnt experienced a single puncture or damage
Lasting

After 50k km, the noise level is bad.
If the side wall is harder, it will be better for cornering, but less for comfort.

Sdf4786k
8568 forum posts Joined on 26-Dec-2007
Best bang for the dollar with superior performance at affordable price  Posted on 16 Nov 2019

Volkswagen Golf

This is probably the best, if not one of the best street-legal tires at this price point.

Use to have other UHP tires on my car but while it has a good grip, it does not give a confidence level when it rains.

And that's where the Goodyear Assy 5 outperforms the competitor. When you need it, it never fails to deliver. Especially in Singapore whether where it rains and shine or even have flash floods, you will not want to be caught in a situation where when you need it to stop, and start praying that it does.

When you change a set of tires, that set of small patch is important for it to deliver the results. In this aspect, having a cost consideration in the price bracket where affordability meets ultimate results, its a no brainer to have a set of Assy 5 tires after trying some of the more expensive ones, the Assy 5 in my opinion still gets more done with less cost. Plus the fact that the tire wear is low, you be hard press to find a better set of tires that is all weather.

Noise level is also reasonably good and when it age, it still retains the specific amount of acceptable level of both feel, ride quality and NHV.

Good grip in dry and wet condition. good price point and value for money proposition, where else , the competitor is asking for 40% more for what appears to be similar level of performance and yet does not function as good.

Not available for some sizes and stock status sometimes varies.

Dilemma
376 forum posts Joined on 02-Apr-2007
Well balanced tyres with low road noise  Posted on 16 Nov 2019

Audi A4

Had been using the F1A3 for the past 2 years and recently changed to the F1A5. Not only the tyres are quieter and i can feel the wet grip to be better than the predecessor. Pricing is also a plus point as it is much more competitive comparing to other tyres of the same caliber.

Love the improvements made from the predecessor and hopefully there will be a newer version again for my next tyre change.

- Pricing
- Low road noise
- Balanced wet and dry grip
- Comfort

Nil

Seewhyjay
5 forum posts Joined on 10-May-2019
Great road feel on these tyres  Posted on 05 Apr 2020

Kia Cerato

Changed out to these tyres from my stock tyres. I can feel my car going more stable with the F1a5 tyres, and road feel is also great.

Stability, cornering performance.

Tyre noise is on par with my stock tyres, i.e. still noisy. But given these are sports tyres I don't have a big issue.

MarkerPen
12 forum posts Joined on 28-Aug-2011
Best value to performance ratio in its class  Posted on 05 Apr 2020

Volkswagen Golf

Having tried the Pilot Sport 4 previously, I can safely say this Eagle F1 A5 outperforms that tire in areas of tire noise and has an edge in wet weather performance. The PS4 was launched in 2017 while the A5 was only launched last year so it has the advantage of newer technology. Road feel and handling performance of both tires are excellent and are evenly matched. Wear rate is slower than the PS4 as well and most importantly, they are cheaper to buy (comparing the European made ones)!

- Price

Ft8478b
5 forum posts Joined on 11-Nov-2008
Outstanding Performance at Good Price!  Posted on 09 Feb 2020

Jaguar XF

Had these set of tyres on my Jag for about 2 months plus. I must say that i have not regret especially given the price.These set of tyres gripped like crazy and i have not felt anything near that it is giving up no matter how i pushed so far. Good aquaplaning capabilities as i felt confident on wet roads. Road noise wise considered very quiet given its performance pedigree. Will highly recommend to others and i might just purchase again if no better deals are available.

Road holding when pushed
Good aquaplaning capabilities
Considered silent for a high performance tyres
Made in Europe