Related Categories

Featured Products

Editor's Review
High performance, great price - Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5
13-09-2019  |  's Review
The Asymmetric 5 is Goodyear's latest tyre in its all new Eagle F1 range, promising increased grip and shorter stopping distances - for a great price. Read More »
   Consumer Reviews of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

Features
4.5/5 Performance
Design
4.5/5 Price
30 out of 30 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this product to a friend.

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »
serenade
485 forum posts Joined on 12-Dec-2014
Good Value UHP tyre  Posted on 17 Nov 2020

Mercedes-Benz E250

Replaced a set of Michelin PS4 after 36,000km with the GY F1 Asy5 at Soon Huat.

My first impression is that at legal speeds in Singapore, the F1Asy matches the PS4 in all areas. At a price that is 30 percent less than the PS4.

I took the F1 for a test at my wet condo car park, in the wet, on dry roads and in the pouring rain to check for the tyres ability to clear water.

Glad to say that the F1 matched the PS4 (from my memory) when the PS4 were new. I am also glad to say that the performance of the PS4 did not drop by much despite is nearing EOL at 36,000km and graining. Time will tell if the F1 Asy5 wears as well as the PS4 as the miles climb.

Pumped with nitrogen gas and on a softly sprung car, I am happy that there is less roll during hard cornering. Probably due to the hard side walls.

Overall I will rate the F1 as a Best Buy and excellent value for money.

Grip in wet and dry
Grip in wet car parks with smooth surface
Hard wall tyres control my softly sprung suspension well
Quiet even at speed
The price /performance ratio
Matches PS4 in performance at lower cost

Nothing

iamahbee
175 forum posts Joined on 01-Mar-2020
Very balanced UHP Tyre  Posted on 13 Aug 2020

Hyundai i30

Swapped out the factory fitted 205/55R16 tyres for 225/45R17 F1A5s yesterday. Immediately felt the positive difference, though it isn't a fair comparison since the former is an eco tyre.

After installation, I took a drive through South Buona Vista Road and a longish West to East jaunt on AYE-MCE-KPE.

Performance was as per expected throug´╗┐h the "99-bends" and a significant upgrade from stock. I was however impressed with the ride comfort despite being a UHP tyre with a lower profile compared to the stock 55, and it was also quieter.

This morning, the heavens opened and I was also able to record a positive feel of these tyres in the wet.

First impressions are that this is a very balanced tyre between performance and comfort, and at this price point great value. These are my first Goodyears on any cars I had. I have a feeling they won't be my last.

Will check back in here for another review as the mileage rolls on!

Improved steering feel and feedback
Sharp turn-in
Comfort and quietness
Wet grip and braking

None so far

Lightsabre
93 forum posts Joined on 08-Mar-2010
Great Set of Performance Tyres  Posted on 23 Feb 2020

Mazda 6

Changed a set of Goodyear Asymmetric 5 last Friday. The handling and braking performance seems better to my previous set of tyres. Feel great control even when sharp turning. I am very happy with the noise level as I am expecting it to be way noisier as it is a performance tyre.

PS: Received a sports bag due to current promotion.

handling performance
Give great control
Low road noise

spacer spacer spacer
GongJiaoWei
150 forum posts Joined on 28-Jun-2013
Offers what a driver want  Posted on 29 Jan 2020

BMW M3

A great tyre that offers what the driver wants. Experience comfort when on the expressway without harsh ride feeling.

Great handling feeling and gives me confidence when taking a bend without the need to reduce the speed dramatically. Yet to try the braking distance on the wet grip with very sharp braking. But the feel of the good grip is there though on wet road.

Great comfort feel with good grip performance

Not a quiet tyre

Eyke
Supercharged
5397 forum posts Joined on 30-Nov-2002
Fantastic value  Posted on 29 Jan 2020

Design 5/5 Price 4/5

Porsche Boxster

Installed 255/45R18 on rear axle and drove for 600km+ to test first before deciding whether to change to these for the front axle

Excellent grip in both wet & dry (but i only drive at legal speeds)
Comfortable

748 forum posts Joined on 01-Sep-2009
Great tyres for the good price  Posted on 08 Jan 2020

Features 5/5 Performance 4/5

Lexus IS200

Using it on my Lexus IS200t. Bought this F1A5 225/40/18 on 3rd Nov 2019 from Arrow Tyres. Been using this set of tyres for 2 months which I have to said really worth the price.
Good in wet and dry weather. Definitely my next set of tyres again when it wears out in future. Another plus point which is really important to me is the rim protector.

Made in Germany
Rim Protector

So far none yet

Kayaloti
158 forum posts Joined on 26-Feb-2006
Great tyres for daily usage.  Posted on 28 Dec 2019

Subaru XV

Switch to F1A5 a week ago, immediately felt the steering response improved when driving out from shop back to home.
Have been on Korean brand tyres for a few years, decision to switch to Goodyear is the great choice so far.
Road noise have greatly reduced, side wall is firm and braking distance also improved compared to my previous tyres.

1) Lower audible road noise
2) Great steering response
3) Firm sidewall
4) Rim protector
5) Wet/dry handling

So far don't have any yet, hopefully wear rate not too fast.

Soundphile
156 forum posts Joined on 09-Jan-2008
Impressive all-rounder tyre at an affordable price  Posted on 03 Dec 2019

Volkswagen Jetta

Changed to a set of Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 5 tyres from LSTA recently. The price is very competitive as compared with its rival such as the Michelin PS4, which was also the previous set of tyres that I was using. Having used the F1 Asymmetric 3 some time back, I had my reservation on the Goodyear tyres initially as I find the F1A3's sidewall too soft for my liking. However, I go ahead with the F1 Asymmetric 5 due to the good reviews online.

In terms of noise, vibration and harshness, the F1A5 is very quiet and able to cushion undulation very well. The tyre also has very low rolling resistance, which is something that surprises me and this is what I like the most about this tyre. Fuel consumption for my car has dropped significantly as well.

Traction and braking distance wise, I would say it perform well and up to my expectation, in both wet and dry conditions. The tyres give me good confidence in terms of handling.

The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 is a very good all-rounder tyre and has improved a lot from it's predecessor. I feel that it is as good as it's competitor, if not better. I recommend it to all drivers to try it out.

- Rim protector
- Quiet
- Cushion road imperfection well
- very low rolling resistance; good FC
- Competitive pricing

An excellent all rounder  Posted on 26 Nov 2019

Features 4/5 Performance 5/5
Design 4/5 Price 4/5

Toyota Corolla

I had this tire for 50,000km, and has travelled up north numerous times. This tire can be characterised as comfortable, fuel saving, and predictable in all kinds of road condition here in Singapore. It is a very good all rounder, but not excellent in any area. I will recommend this if anyone is looking for a very good tire for good price.

Quiet
Grippy for up to 50k km
Didnt experienced a single puncture or damage
Lasting

After 50k km, the noise level is bad.
If the side wall is harder, it will be better for cornering, but less for comfort.

Seewhyjay
5 forum posts Joined on 10-May-2019
Great road feel on these tyres  Posted on 05 Apr 2020

Kia Cerato

Changed out to these tyres from my stock tyres. I can feel my car going more stable with the F1a5 tyres, and road feel is also great.

Stability, cornering performance.

Tyre noise is on par with my stock tyres, i.e. still noisy. But given these are sports tyres I don't have a big issue.

MarkerPen
12 forum posts Joined on 28-Aug-2011
Best value to performance ratio in its class  Posted on 05 Apr 2020

Volkswagen Golf

Having tried the Pilot Sport 4 previously, I can safely say this Eagle F1 A5 outperforms that tire in areas of tire noise and has an edge in wet weather performance. The PS4 was launched in 2017 while the A5 was only launched last year so it has the advantage of newer technology. Road feel and handling performance of both tires are excellent and are evenly matched. Wear rate is slower than the PS4 as well and most importantly, they are cheaper to buy (comparing the European made ones)!

- Price

Ft8478b
5 forum posts Joined on 11-Nov-2008
Outstanding Performance at Good Price!  Posted on 09 Feb 2020

Jaguar XF

Had these set of tyres on my Jag for about 2 months plus. I must say that i have not regret especially given the price.These set of tyres gripped like crazy and i have not felt anything near that it is giving up no matter how i pushed so far. Good aquaplaning capabilities as i felt confident on wet roads. Road noise wise considered very quiet given its performance pedigree. Will highly recommend to others and i might just purchase again if no better deals are available.

Road holding when pushed
Good aquaplaning capabilities
Considered silent for a high performance tyres
Made in Europe
Good price point

Nothing as of now.

blackie86
0 forum posts Joined on 31-Jan-2020
Most VALUE FOR MONEY Conti tyres money can buy  Posted on 31 Jan 2020

Volvo S60

I got my Goodyear F1ASYM5 2 months ago during the most rainy season in Singapore and now is the actual testimonial about these. Previously on the competitor PC6. Firstly, when i go to my all time reliable shop in Ubi, Uncle Daniel say got promo, price below what im using, but specs the same if not better. Ok lor, why not try. We all love to SAVE $$ and good quality. I no regret and byebye to the previous brand! GOODYEAR IS " 2 THUMBS UP!!"

Less road noise especially moving and stopping in SG traffic lights in all weather. On highway is also relatively quieter than other brands i have use.
Soft and moving off has no drag.

Cornering
This is where i am impress and surprised! (in a positive way!) cornering like roundabouts, enter & exit to highways has lesser body roll & gave me confidence to control my vehicle, even on rainy days. If u ask me is it as sticky as those sports series or tires, i can save good enough and save $$ lor.

Braking
yes i know i repeat this a few times, because when we use a good product, we also want to feel safe for ourselves and our family. In December when it rain the most, the braking is quite on point due to the asymmetric design of the tires. I also realized Goodyear actually has a long history and this a new improved version of the previous model. Stuck in traffic jams and sudden slow down of cars gives me proper control of the road.

*Bonus* Tire wall and rim protection
I was pleasantly surprise because i didnt know about this until i use. The side walls are thicker and has rim protection of my newly bought rims! This feature is not available in my previous tire. How seasoned a driver you are, SG got mulit storey carparks, shopping malls etc. Really minimize my kerb rash or any damage to my rims to zero.

I am thankful to purchase a great innovstion and product and will continue to use Goodyear F1ASYM5. Next may consider on the Supersport series.

Quiet and less road noise
Good Braking and control of the car even on rainy days
Extra Rim Protection
No unpleasant sound moving in or out in hot weather
Great Value for money for a Conti brand tires
Cornering is good
Made in Germany

None. But if nitpick, i really curious how the F1 Supersports feel and tempted to change them to try.

spacer spacer spacer
DJBuayTahan
0 forum posts Joined on 02-Jul-2013
Good set of performance tyres  Posted on 30 Jan 2020

Features 4/5 Performance 4/5

Mitsubishi Evolution

Try these set of Goodyear A5 tyres and overall pleased with them. Good grip performance on rainy days and sidewall seems stronger. Noise level still acceptable to me, but is considered good for performance tyres.

Stronger side wall
Good wet grip performance
Price as compared to other performance tyres

Baiji8899
29 forum posts Joined on 11-Jun-2013
Great Upgrade From Predecessor  Posted on 28 Jan 2020

BMW 528i

Have tried Goodyear Asymmetric 2 years back. Was a great experience! Good grip performance. But the only downside is fast tread wear issue.

Now re-connecting with Goodyear Asymmetric series with the current model "Asymmetric 5". Great grip performance on both dry and wet roads. Can feel there is an improvement as compared to the Asymmetric 2 that I used.

What differentiates this tyre from other performance tyres is the comfort level. It seems way quieter than the rest of its peer. The price is also very attractive. Great tyre to try!

Dry & Wet grip performance
The comfort & quiet factor
Price

Expect a harder sidewall for a performance tyre

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »