This is a past / unavailable model
Road Test - Geely CK
10 Oct 2008  |  Geely Reviews
The Geely might be another car from China, but at least it has an honourable amount of originality and doesn't pretend to be something that it isn't. Read More
   Consumer Reviews of Geely CK

2/5 Reliability
2.5/5
3/5 Interior Design
3.5/5 Engine Performance
8 out of 14 (57.1%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

•  « Back ( 1 2 3 ) Next »
Cheap and good
 27 Apr 2013
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

I drove a Geely CK 1.5L it is quite good and only sometimes it has a slight problems. The exterior looks quite okay... But the interior looks abit cheap as it is made out of plastic and the seating position in abit weird...

Engine from Toyota.
Cheap transport for getting you from point A to point B.

Now I do not know where to go for my car maintenance as Geely had closed down and I have some problems with my Geely... Anyone can tell me where to go for my Geely car maintenance? Normal workshops do not repair China made cars...
My email is brightstar2211@yahoo.com.sg

Disappointed!
 22 Aug 2009
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? No

Very disappointed with this car, I have owned a Geely Ck for a year, still driving it, my Car Plate Number is SJF5968A, just in case there are people saying that I'm just another competitor that trying to spoil Geely's reputation --> I'm not!

For the past one year, these are the problems I have encountered:
1.Left Head Light Misalignment (too high)
2.Spongy Brakes (Air inside brake system)
3.Engine Overheat (During run in period)
4.GearBox Sensing cable leak transmission oil (gasket broke)
5.Fan belt broke while half way driving on the road (I drove to work and suddenly heard a loud 'pop' sound, stop by the road side to check engine, realized fan belt for aircon compressor broke away. Aircon is dead then)
6.Speedometer and Odometer failed (on e very day collect car with happy mood, drove to Tampines Caltex to fill up tank. Hit onto odometer reset button which in turns toast e microchip for speedometer.)
7.Parking sensor failed ( No more 'beep beep beeeeeppp liaoz, after a year! Warranty for parking sensor is only a year.)
8.Rear left power window unable to wind up but can wind down (problem only on its own door control, if use master control at driver seat then its okay)
9.Rear right door central lock failed
10.Auto Gearbox leak transmission oil.

I have went back to Geely workshop countless times for warranty claim, got so fed up with the long waiting time (booking needs at least a month!) that I have decided to go Private workshop for servicing.

End up one day my car gave me e last 3 defects that is shown on the above list and I have to go back Geely workshop again!

Worst news of all is the Supervisor told me that my warranty has nearly void as I did not come for servicing previously and i need to do a 20K servicing package with them for $220 in order to bring back warranty validity.

My advice: Think carefully before buying a China Car, the warranty is honored but with the expense of your car keep on failing.

Waste of time to keep on visiting Geely workshop for warranty claims.

Things I like:
1. Exterior design, personally feels that it looks nice.
2. Really cheap price, i bought it at $39k with COE value of $15700, not too bad..
3. Really cheap insurance --> $980 for 1st party insurance at my age of 22 years old. (But! Only for the first year, take note!!)
4. Fuel consumption is acceptable, i got 12 km/l even with my heavy footed driving style.
5. The interesting feature of able to wind up all windows using the remote control.
6. Cheap maintenance cost ( Provided you did the servicing at Private workshop, about $100)

Really far too much problems within a year of ownership. I wasted lots of time and effort just on the warranty claims alone.

Sometimes I do wonder if other Geely owners had the same experience.

Do email me to share alone --> p0318693@yahoo.com.sg

My CK Auto
 16 Aug 2009
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

I buy a CK auto 2 months ago, considered the car because i'm a new driver, don't want to put too much to buy a car, and also insurance is very high, so just want buy a car below 1600cc.
For me, my point is the money and engine, for value for money i think its very good, engine from toyota vios, i take the engine picture and compared it with toyota, then it can proved.

Good price, good engine, outside looked nice, and after service is good, my sales girl is quite nice person, so i feel good generally.

Inside i feel not very nice, the plastic quality is not high class, don't have too much entertainment features

Very happy to own Geely CK 1.5 manual
 12 May 2009
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

Bought this weekend car in Oct 2007, test its performance only after the compulsory 1000km engine running in. (Any type of engine will spoil if you dont obey the running in procedure. Read your car manual)

The test - Full load with 4 big-size passengers and the boots are fully filled then I drove around and tried several situations in Singapore. With slight press on accelerator pedal, I’ve no problem driving 90-110kmh on expressways, 60-80kmh on most of main roads. And the engine never stall when I tried several times starting off from mid upslope. And overtaking other cars is just a slight more press on the accelerator pedal. Just like all other cars.

I drove it many times in JB even during the busy traffic at the checkpoints. Few months back, I drove it for 2 hours non-stop to Kota Tinggi (single lane main road) and 3 hours to Malacca (double lane highway). On the highway, I’ve tried several times getting the needle constantly pointing at 130km/h but of course I had to worry about the speed trap camera.

I just wouldn’t want to spend much on cars and that’s the reason of choosing a Geely. Although in the internet there are some bad comments about the car but I believe that every individual cars has its own lackings. I have 11 years of driving experience and had driven many types of vehicles, motorcycle to cars to van to big lorry, brands, new and old. I know what is comfortable and what is powerful.

I’m so happy to drive around in the Geely sporty looks.

1. Pay much cheaper but get more/less the same like other cars
2. I’ll lost lesser than other cars
3. Spacious Cabin and Legroom
4. Spacious Rear boot
5. Features like motorized all-4 windows, individual cabin-lights for each seats
6. Front and side look like C-Class Merz but with additional sporty Fog light
7. Rear look a bit like Volvo
8. Simple technology and engine so cheaper maintenance cost, compare to VVTI which if once spoil you might as well change another car.
9. Toyota engine can be service/repair at most of workshop in Singapore and Malaysia

1. Can’t put many things on the Dashboard like other drivers displaying figuring/toys
2. Feet blower is from the side
3. Booking for a servicing at the agent, waiting time at least a month. I guess many Singaporean has started to buy Geely.

Good enough for 1 of the most affordable cars in S'pore!
Diq
 09 May 2009
Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? Yes

So what if it is made in China? It does the job.. It's practical and affordable. Its as cheap as owning a bike.
Wat made me decide on the car is wen i reached the showroom, I realised how reliable it is, and for that price, I guess its really good!
Plus there's a really cute salesgirl to attend to you!
I have yet to buy this car but once i get my licence, I definately will!

Exterior is quite nice.
Affordable.
The Cute salesgirl, lol.

Not many features, but what do u expect for that price? Just add in some after market features of your own!

•  « Back ( 1 2 3 ) Next »