Nissan Qashqai

Car Review - Nissan Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T (A)
09 Feb 2015  |  Nissan Reviews
The new entry-level 1.2-litre version of the Nissan Qashqai is expected to gain altitude in the Cat A COE market. We find out how it rolls.
vs
vs
Comparison Tests:
Ford Kuga vs Kia Sportage vs Nissan Qashqai
   Consumer Reviews of Nissan Qashqai

4/5 Reliability
4.5/5 Interior Design
3.5/5 Engine Performance
35 out of 41 (85.4%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.
Login to sgCarMart to submit a review Submit a review

•  « Back ( 1 2 3 ) Next »
babyjyo
Premium User babyjyo
50 forum posts Joined on 10-May-2017
Great Buy for an Crossover  Posted on 01 Oct 2017

This is perhaps the crossover that is most value for money. Considering the solid build and weight of the car, the fuel consumption would be seen as decent, although not good. Indeed, there are some quirks such as below average power when compared to other crossovers in the same class, but it can be easily resolved through legal aftermarket performance upgrades. Overall, this car is great for those looking for a good balance of performance, handling, safety and comfort. To me, its a great affordable alternative compared to continental cars.

Great Price
Great Looks both exterior and interior (almost conti-like feel)
Aftermarket upgrades and parts easily available
Made in UK

QQ2017
Premium User QQ2017
265 forum posts Joined on 22-Feb-2017
Nissan Qashqai 2.0L - Comfortable & Value for Money SUV  Posted on 24 Sep 2017

I have been driving the Nissan Qashqai 2.0L (pre-facelift model) for 6 months. Overall, a very quiet and comfortable car.

Engine:
The 2.0L engine (NA) is more than adequate to power the size of this car. One can hardly feel the drag even with 5 people in it. The engine purrs and one can hardly hear the engine sound unless one ramps it hard.

Cabin:
Cabin is very quiet where road noise is kept to a minimum despite being equipped with a 19" Rim and tyre. Very happy with the noise performance of the stock Dunlop tyres. Cabin space is good and the rear row can comfortably sit 3 full size adults. Although the car is not equipped with rear air-con vent, the front center air-con vents are located higher than usual which helps to channel cool air towards the rear row easily. Car comes with full-size moonroof and passengers are delighted with the views during morning, evening and night drives.

Fuel Consumption:
The fuel consumption is ok. When travelling along expressway, the fuel consumption can be 15Km/L. For city driving, the fuel consumption is 8Km/L. This is acceptable considering that this is a 2.0L car. The car (unlike the 1.2T version) does not come with Eco mode which may help improve fuel consumption further. I am currently getting overall average of 11Km/L which I am pretty satisfied.

Steering:
With the 225/45/R19 wheel, the feel of the steering wheel is nicely weighted, not too light nor too heavy. When car is moving from stop or at very low speed, the steering wheel is light which assists in its maneuver (e.G. Parking). Once the car picks up speed, one will instantly feel the steering wheel gradually gaining traction and becoming nicely weighted. This provides confidence when handling the car at high speed or performing a cornering round a bend.

Boot:
I am ok with the boot size. Can easily fit in my mother-in-law's wheel chair. There are 2 slots at both sides of the boot. One can store many stuffs which otherwise will need a box to contain them. A box will also eat up boot space. Another advantage is that stuffs stored in these slots are kept from rowing/sliding around in the boot.

1. Quiet cabin

2. Quiet and powerful engine

3. Reasonable fuel consumption

4. Price of car - Good value for money

1. No additional safety features e.g. blind spot monitoring, lane departure, emergency brake assist, etc. These features are however available in the new facelift 2.0L model but the car costs around $15K more.

2. No driver memory seat programming (Good to have since car is shared between my daughter and I). This feature is however available in the new facelift 2.0L model but the car costs around $15K more.

3. Not many tyre shops carry the 225/45/R19 tyres and even if they do, they are quite costly.

4. Hump in the middle of the rear row floor. Center console box also protruding onto the rear hump creating more obstacles for rear passengers.

Han1911
14 forum posts Joined on 10-Nov-2009
Not a bad crossover  Posted on 03 Sep 2017

Owned my nissan QQ 2.0L for 1 year now. Not a bad car I must say as I was driving a Impreza RS2.0 previously. I like the upgrade of ride height. At least now you have lesser issue with people headlight shining into your rear view mirror at high beam. Steering is also way lighter than my previous. Space is great.

Space, ride height, lesser common than Honda Vezel

Moonroof is useless in Singapore. Steering wheel is thin as though it is anorexic

mostly_harmless
1 forum posts Joined on 22-Jun-2015
Comfortable SUV for those with a relaxed driving style  Posted on 18 Jul 2017

Having owned the 1.2 (now defined as premium sub-model), I thought I would give my long-term perspective of the car. The plus points which attracted me to the car: the interior and dashboard layout, which struck me as simple, no-fuss and yet with a slightly premium feel. The materials were slightly less plasticky than other comparable brands of the same price, and switchgear had a firm, just restrained feel. Seating is comfortable, and the ride (though a little firm) has a reasonable balance of poise and comfort. As the QQ is a higher car than a sedan, you can still feel more body roll as you go round corners.
The feel at the wheel is good: way better than the light Korean handling, and reassuringly solid. Fuel economy ranges from frustratingly bad (short 10 min trips, as low as 8-10 km/l) to spectacular (19 km/l, 30 mins on empty ECP); Overall averaging about 12-14 km/l with a gentle right foot. You don't buy this car if you have a heavy right foot: acceleration is mediocre, at best: stepping on the accelerator firmly gives you an unnerving pause (when little seems to happen), followed by a gentle acceleration. This is a car for a sedate driver.
On the plus side, road and wind noise is very well controlled, this is a relatively refined car.
Downsides? The boot is really a little small - fine for day to day (e.G. Shopping), but try fitting in 3 suitcases for a holiday and you realise just a couple of cm more would make all the difference. Build quality - even from 3 months, there were a couple of rattles and periodically a new rattle will appear from a distant corner. There is also the occasionally difficulty engaging the transmission from cold, which TC Motors has singularly failed to address.
In summary: quite an attractive SUV with the promise of relatively low petrol consumption (delivered only for highway driving). Passenger space is good, less so luggage space. Pleasant owners experience, marred by rattly build quality and the occasional glitch.

Slightly more premium interior, restrained handling characteristics.
Small engine generates low road tax, and sometimes saves fuel.
Comfortable cabin.

Suspect build quality.
Drinks fuel on short city trips.

Morning0508
0 forum posts Joined on 06-Apr-2011
Comfortable and affordable SUV  Posted on 08 Jul 2017

Before buying Nissan Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T Premium, I test-drove Honda HRV, Honda Civic and this Qashqai. I chose Qashqai because it was an SUV (I had not owned before), low fuel consumption, great exterior and interior design, and wider interior space than an HRV.

I don't expect high engine performance on a 1.2L engine but this turbocharged engine has proven good enough for driving in town and on highways in Malaysia. The engine performs quite well except at certain low speed, such as about 30~40 km/h, picking up is weaker. Cruising at 110 km/h on highway is impressive.

- comfortable seats
- great exterior and interior design
- spacious
- not available in Malaysia (no price comparison with a Malaysian model)
- solid feel

- fuel consumption is not as the stated 17.9 km/l (but 16 km/lit on highway for this size of vehicle is considered good)

Donong777
0 forum posts Joined on 18-Sep-2012
Comfortable SUV  Posted on 07 Jun 2017

I was comparing between Qashqai, Tuscon, HRV and Kadjar, fell in love with Qashqai immediately after my test drive. The ride is smooth, quiet and comfortable. Unless the other SUVs, it is not bumpy and rough. The handling is good too.

Boot Space
Quiet and smooth

Stop/Start function
No anti-glare mirror

diabloshrimpsmini
Premium User diabloshrimpsmini
23 forum posts Joined on 01-May-2017
My Premium 2.0  Posted on 07 May 2017

A very comfort and easy car to drive with, its sound insulation was very good and you hardly can hear the noise while cruising on expressways. Excellent interior with quality feel. Not having the most powerful engine of its class but definitely sufficient for our city driving and occasional trips to the north.

Comfortable and ease of handling.
Good sound insulation.
Good cargo space.

CVT.
Does not have 360 degree camera.
Less safety driving assistance features.

Wlchew
0 forum posts Joined on 18-Nov-2008
Decent and meet my expectation  Posted on 15 Mar 2017

I have been following with most review,here.

after a lapse of 6mths with several test drive together friends snd wife.
I have inked my deal last month and collected my vehicle on early match.

Overall , I feel it is far superior than my old 8yrs old sylphy.
This is definitely not for those who want to head-start at traffic light.
beyond that I find it worth every dollar from the comfort of driver seat till easy to navigate most function on steering wheel.

I like it for the right sized, a little bit of luxury..At an.Affordable price.

comfortable seat
great console
decent power (from a sylphy upgrader perspective)

the 'noisy' turbo noise
no spare tyres (feel like driving without insurance covered)

Weezersg
Premium User Weezersg
203 forum posts Joined on 28-Jan-2005
Comfortable but sedate ride  Posted on 16 Dec 2016

Bought the QQ 1.2 in June 2015 so have driven it for 1.5 years now. The ride is comfortable as the CVT is very smooth, engine is weak at start and at low speed.
Driven many times to Msia....Highway driving is good and also on Msia winding trunk road, QQ has good grip and handling always feel stabile even at high speed.

I have not face any issues with the car so far. Compare to my previous ride Rush, QQ is more comfortable and more power and more fuel efficient. Yeah, still enjoying the ride.

Comfortable
Styling
Fuel efficient
Relatively quiet

Stop start function
Car is wide but actual interior esp back seat can feel cramp
Slow pick up

Aznmonster
17 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Well priced and equipped crossover  Posted on 09 Dec 2016

I've owned the Qashqai 1.2 variant for 1 month and everything was great in overall. The exterior is eye catching with nice silhouettes. The interior is well designed with nice ambiance lights and leather seats. Buttons are placed where you expect them to be, you can literally drive and press things at the same time without setting your eyes off the road.

Handling is good. The car gives you road confidence in taking corners at high speed. Tyres do play a part but the experience is great in overall.

The engine is slow in picking up but once it speeds up, cruising to 100km/h is a breeze. I have not driven it to Malaysia so I am not sure about overtaking at 150km/h. It should work fine based on other feedbacks.

Fuel consumption is good. My previous Jazz 1.3 managed 14km/l in average and this gives 13km/l. For the size and engine, this is quite impressive. I am driving 70% Highway though.

Passenger seats is a bit cramp at the back if you have a back-facing baby seat. I have 2 kids, 1 on the booster and another in baby seat. My wife can seat comfortably in between with her legs stretching all the way to the front seat's arm rest :). Legroom is not generous, I would not recommend for big adults.

Insulation is not very good as I can hear noises quite clearly (e.G. You can hear someone coughing next to the car, engine pick-up roar of nearby car at red lights, etc.). Wind noise is there too. Originally fit tyres are noisy, I am waiting to change them as soon as they wear out.

- Exterior and interior design
- Surprisingly punching engine for 1.2L.
- Good fuel consumption (13km/l in average)
- Comfortable front seats

- Noisy drive (subjective though)
- Back seat legroom
- Suspension does not offset bumps very well

500KP
Premium User 500KP
34 forum posts Joined on 06-May-2016
Dollar for dollar, a very good entry level car  Posted on 06 Dec 2016

As a first time car buyer, criteria (in order of importance) that I looked for in a car include:

1) SUV
2) Good FC return
3) Stylish exterior and refined interior
4) Not too costly to maintain

In my opinion, after test driving XV, ASX and QQ, 1.2L QQ met all the criteria. It is a easy car to handle. Comfortable to sit in. Most importantly, the FC return is good. The record for my car is 20.5km/hr (cruise control on, 60% Highway). Style wise (exterior & interior), there is nothing much I can complain about. If you are considering a SUV as your entry level car, QQ is the one you should seriously consider*.

* see "What I do not like" Section for other factors that may play a part in your choice of ride.

Listed above. I was offered the choice of colour for the seating too which is a plus point. It's adequately insulated which means a quieter ride (Don't set your expectation too high if you work in construction industry though).

Other than engine performance and styling, the best thing is that there are minimal difference between QQ 1.2L and 2.0L variant. This means that not only do you pay lesser for your road tax but also enjoy similar features found in the 2.0L variant.

Vehicle may sometime take a bit more time to move off from halt position but hey, this is a 1.2L variant, so what are you expecting? Plus the fact that i'm not a racer. If you are those type that likes to drive fast, overtaking cars like no tomorrow, then clearly this is not the car that you should be looking at. If you still insist on QQ, consider the 2L variant. Give and take a bit, people.

Zoarium
Premium User Zoarium
15 forum posts Joined on 05-May-2009
Definitely a good buy  Posted on 10 Nov 2016

First time owning a suv. I have been driving for 2 months. I like the comfort and handling of the car. Equipment level definitely is at continental car level. Was contemplating between the Qashqai and Vezel but price was good, especially buying from AD compared to PI.

Vezel is too common on the road compared to the qashqai.

Comfort, equipment, Pretty good road-noise insulation. Solid feel.

None so far.

zshengcai
Premium User zshengcai
0 forum posts Joined on 24-Aug-2016
Good designed, stylist, comfortable & family car  Posted on 24 Aug 2016

I am using the car for 3 months now. Good designed, stylist, comfortable & family car. The auto-starter is not helping much.

Interior & external designs

FC is not as stated in spec
AC oftenly jumped to fresh air-intake, service center notified
The auto-starter is useless, it won't help much.

chuacheekeong
0 forum posts Joined on 17-Jul-2016
Spacious and nice design albeit about as common as vezel  Posted on 29 Jul 2016

Despite 1.2 turbo, the car feels sufficiently powered, although starting off seemed slow. I found the steering wheel lightest among the 4 cars I had tested this week and i felt it was too light. Actual fuel consumption is around 15 according to the sales, isn't it too low for a 1.2l?

Although advertised that the seat is special, i couldn't really feel it and is skeptical as the seat is locally fitted.

Qashqai comes with 6airbags but don't recall the sales or catalogue mention it archiving EuroNCAP rating.

Features are pretty standard like those found in most modern cars, auto wiper, lights, cruise control, GPS, Bluetooth to mobile.

Don't think the headlight has dynamic bending following the way the car is turning or bigger side mirrors to ease checking of blindspots.

Offers 2yrs free servicing if loan 50k with in house financing.

A lot of features but nothing stands out.

Too common.
Turbo not as powerful Ford focus.
Steering wheel to o light.

therock
Turbocharged
4592 forum posts Joined on 27-Apr-2016
Great handling and interior materials, pity about the local 1.2T engine..  Posted on 25 Jul 2016
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

Been using a 1.6l tdi qashqai ..
What a wonderful ride!
The high torque makes the response solid and overtaking is easy.
FC is good.
The QQ is a well equipped car and pretty well built.
The main issue is the interior space isn't that big, even though the external dimensions are quite large. Boot space is also not impressive. I can lie a trolley bag lengthwise in my civic but I can't here.
There's a distinctive diesel clatter too and road noise is obviously not like a Lexus.
If they brought this engine over it will be highly successful. The 1.2 petrol turbo is no match for this.
But what impressed me most was the ride on the highway which feels like a larger more solid car and the torque. There are also nice little features which are usually only found on a conti car.

After getting more familiar with this turbo diesel, I took it on some nice windy A roads and even a few B roads.
Being quite a bit higher than a sedan, you can't throw it into the corners like a sedan but it's quite good at holding its line and the lane sensing tech is rather useful.
The suspension is on the firm side, aiding road holding, but you do feel more of the road coming through. My wife didn't really feel it and said it was quite comfortable.
Road noise is good although you know it's no Lexus.
A car of this size begs for the kind of torque that the TDI has. A firm press of the pedal brings positive results and overtaking is a calm affair with no fuss.
The CVT transmission isn't that bad but when you start off its a little sluggish to react.
Visibility is not bad but the rear view is more limited than a sedan. The high sitting does really give a nice commanding view.
All in all a nice ride.

However in our local context the engine choice deters me from getting this.

Interior, soft touch materials and build.

Cramped and the local offering of a 1.2T