Nissan Qashqai

Car Review - Nissan Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T (A)
09 Feb 2015  |  Nissan Reviews
The new entry-level 1.2-litre version of the Nissan Qashqai is expected to gain altitude in the Cat A COE market. We find out how it rolls.
vs

Consumer Reviews of Nissan Qashqai

4/5 Reliability
4/5 Interior Design
3.5/5 Engine Performance
42 out of 52 (80.8%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.
Login to sgCarMart to submit a review Submit a review

•  « Back ( 1 2 3 4 ) Next »
Samsy
0 forum posts Joined on 20-Apr-2017
2.0 Qashqai Problems  Posted on 06 May 2018
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

Had this 2.0 litre for about 3 years. Overall, a good car let down by cabin rattles and reliabilities. Had several cabin rattles, after several rectifications, rattles still return. Biggest disappointments are reliability. These include:

- engine shuddering under hard acceleration, this led to CVT overhaul
- suspension bushing noise, this was ratified
- after disengaging parking brake, random knocking noise when driving off
- (latest) steering motor grinding noise, still awaiting parts.

My service technician has been kind to address the above issue, but the countless trips to service center is a hassle. Had owned Honda, Benz, this Qashqai is unfortunately the most problematic.

- stable car
- nice design
- nice features

- below average reliabilities
- poor torque when accelerating from stationery.

BenLim00
Premium User BenLim00
0 forum posts Joined on 16-Apr-2018
Exceptional car  Posted on 23 Apr 2018

Owned the 2014 or pre-facelift 2.0 litre model for about 1 year now. Previous ride was a 2006 Toyota Yaris, was very reliable, no problems at all for 9.5 years. Decided to upgrade as family needed a larger ride. Initially wanted to get a Wish but decided against it as it had very few features and the styling looked very dated. Went for the 2.0 litre NA model as i will never ever buy a TC car in my life, turbos do not last and they require high maintenance. Recently went on a trip to Genting, car was extremely stable even at 160km/h, sound insulation was excellent too, barely a whisper. Car breezed up the mountain easily, 3000RPM was enough for even the steepest areas, unlike the yaris, which kind of struggled to get up the steep gradients, had to rev up to 4500RPM constantly. Fuel economy ain't that great, averaged about 10-12km/L, yet still acceptable as the car weighs like 2 tons. However, overtaking requires planning as the 2.0 engine feels lacklustre at high speeds, acceleration from stop is excellent though, really strong torque but peaks out around 100km/h, similar to a tesla but does not really bother me, i can live with it. Boot space is great, the leather seats are really comfortable, moonroof is kind of useless though, usable only at night as it's just too warm during the day. One feature i hate is the heated seats function, great for the UK or europe but obviously redundant here. Overall, still a great family car. Pricing is kind of steep though.

- Great exterior and interior styling.
- High Stability.
- Excellent Sound insulation.
- Excellent build quality.
- Strong torque from engine, more than enough HP.
- Large moonroof.
- Loaded with features.
- Great comfort and ride quality.
- Ride height.

- Heated seats function is useless.
- Original antenna ruins the outlook of the car, shark fin would be better, facelifted model gets it though.
- Suspension feels sensitive at times, though ride quality is still excellent.
- Car could do with more safety tech, like blind spot monitoring.
- Stereo unit is not the original, GPS lags and is slow. No around view monitor.
-Motorized moonroof sunshade, prefer manual as it will spoil eventually.

Jansen_ee
0 forum posts Joined on 07-Nov-2003
Qashqai 2018 model. Terrible Sensors  Posted on 18 Apr 2018
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

Owned the 2.0l 2018 model since Dec 2017.
First complaint on this car is the the Safety sensors,
When u stop at traffic junction and tons of motorcycle pass by, it will trigger alarm, switching the screen to external camera multiple times.
Second, a MAJOR flaw.. The collision warning/alarm system, we it happen a total of 4 times, 2 times that car was travelling without any vehicle in-front of us and the alarm is triggered and it activated the emergency brakes!!! There is 1 time while we are exiting an expressway, the alarm system triggered, there is also no vehicle in front of us and we nearly got rear ended!!!! Then the last time is entering a car park at HDB HUB basement, there is a hump at near the end of the slope and the car triggered e-brake!!!
Spoke to Tan Chong Motors they say there is nothing they can do as it's programmed like that, and advise to us is to keep the sensor and camera area clean.....

This car, the aircon "Air flow" Is very loud when using the recycle mode. Our previous 3 cars are not as noisy. Tan Chong says "Picture air rushing thru a chamber.... Blah blah..." Nothing they can do as well.

Oh the 2.0l model sport rim and tire.. It is a very strange tire model 19" 45 225 those common ones are 19R 45 245..... Anyway heard workshop guy mentioning that people revert to 18" As it's more fuel efficient

The design and style.

no auto boot opening

ervintay
0 forum posts Joined on 08-Nov-2017
Most beautiful SUV  Posted on 11 Apr 2018

I love the design of the Qashqai and feel that it is a notch above rivals such as the Honda HR-V/Vezel, Subaru Forester, VW Tiguan. While most SUVs plying our road shows performance over style, the Qashqai stands out in terms of its elegant and gorgeous design. Definitely a huge improvement over its past design of the Qashqai/Dualis.

-Made in UK
-Muscular front bonnet
-High head room
-Fuel economy
-Bueatiful and elegant design
-Perfectly sized

-Weak 1.2 engine
-Rather tight rear leg room

JimTan
0 forum posts Joined on 09-Jan-2018
It is comparable to a 2.3 litre Honda CR-V  Posted on 09 Jan 2018

It turn out better that I expected
Although the boot space is crammed
And back seat has ltittle leg room

Quiet

Fuel consumption
Crammed space

ZHANG-WEI
0 forum posts Joined on 29-Nov-2017
2017 NISSAN QASHQAI  Posted on 29 Nov 2017
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

Bought a Nissan Qashqai 1.2 6 months back in April'2017 and wish that I had not.
This Qashqai is not designed appropriately - Every each time when I start this Qashqai I must depress the ON/OFF Engine Button otherwise the engine just switched off when I stopped at any traffic light and it takes a few seconds to restart - silly design to save petrol but putting stress on my Battery and engine starter. Secondly, the Aircon is incredulous ! Similarly, I will have to depress the "Recycled Air vent" Every each time I start this Qashqai and the worse is that after driving for maybe half an hour it crazily switched over to "Fresh Air vent" Which allows all the fumes from outside to come into the car so, I will have to check this button every half an hour drive.
Wrote to Tan Chong Motor few times, their mechanic said that they cannot do much because this is the design of this Qashqai. The last time I wrote again to Tan Chong Motor 2 weeks ago, Tan Chong Motor did not even reply.
To all prospective Car buyers - consider carefully when buying Nissan from Tan Chong Motor. I will even consider their Car next time when I get rid of this silly Qashqai.

JohnTan_180232

desmondwyson
Premium User desmondwyson
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Oct-2017
Quiet, Reliable & Cheap SUV On The Road!  Posted on 18 Nov 2017

I am reserved when it comes to Nissan because it is not usually driven by young adults like me. But this Qashqai came in as a surprise for me! I have been on the look out for this model and this model (facelift) is definitely a good buy.

I have driven Nissan Sunny previously to curb the COE and I have to say, it is really reliable even though the fuel consumption was bad. But hey, there is little to no issue during my ownership. That is when my perspective of Nissan changed.

I have to say Qashqai is very quiet while on the road, and it is very spacious! It has really well designed headlights and V-grilles that is really makes head turn. It has pretty good fuel consumption (I hit 18.2 km/l on the highway) but short distance can be disadvantageous. Well, turn on the ECO and Start/Stop, it will do better.

- Well designed and spacious interior
- Quiet on the road
- Good fuel consumption (for long distance)
- Good value for money
- Improved stability and technology

- Bad fuel consumption (for short distance)
- Slow pick up

JttyNToberhead
0 forum posts Joined on 08-Nov-2017
Worth all the penny spent!  Posted on 08 Nov 2017

Have been driving the 2.0L for more than 3 weeks. Are really happy so far for the look and feel, the comfort, the safety features which could only be found on the more expensive SUV.

Blind spot warning
Intelligent emergency brake
All round view park assist..

Fuel consumption
No remote boot release
Could have more latest tech from the UK version

Clanceroy
Premium User Clanceroy
0 forum posts Joined on 03-Feb-2012
A comfortable and stylish vehicle  Posted on 08 Nov 2017

Have bought this 1.2 Qashqai in beginning of 2016, after that heard many people asking me why I chose this car as it comes with a mini turbo and might have problem with it. A bit worried after hearing that, but after so many months of driving, it is quite a relief that this car is really good. Fast and smooth, although is a 1.2 L car, you feel like driving a 1.6L car. You don't feel that it is light, this is especially so when you are travelling on a rainy day, the car remain stable when going through the pool of water on the road. Even my old car Rush tend to shift away by the water force, yet Qashqai remain stable.

It is very good while travelling on a highway, smooth and swift. Consumption wise, is okay.

Exterior look stylish.
Interior rear seat with hand rest like executive car.
Big screen.

Legroom of rear middle seat not so good.

Deen80
Premium User Deen80
0 forum posts Joined on 21-Dec-2014
Underpowered  Posted on 08 Nov 2017
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

Overtaking is a struggle. Not really excited to drice this car. Not really that stable at hugh speed

babyjyo
Premium User babyjyo
104 forum posts Joined on 10-May-2017
Great Buy for an Crossover  Posted on 01 Oct 2017

This is perhaps the crossover that is most value for money. Considering the solid build and weight of the car, the fuel consumption would be seen as decent, although not good. Indeed, there are some quirks such as below average power when compared to other crossovers in the same class, but it can be easily resolved through legal aftermarket performance upgrades. Overall, this car is great for those looking for a good balance of performance, handling, safety and comfort. To me, its a great affordable alternative compared to continental cars.

Great Price
Great Looks both exterior and interior (almost conti-like feel)
Aftermarket upgrades and parts easily available
Made in UK

QQ2017
Premium User QQ2017
442 forum posts Joined on 22-Feb-2017
Nissan Qashqai 2.0L - Comfortable & Value for Money SUV  Posted on 24 Sep 2017

I have been driving the Nissan Qashqai 2.0L (pre-facelift model) for 6 months. Overall, a very quiet and comfortable car.

Engine:
The 2.0L engine (NA) is more than adequate to power the size of this car. One can hardly feel the drag even with 5 people in it. The engine purrs and one can hardly hear the engine sound unless one ramps it hard.

Cabin:
Cabin is very quiet where road noise is kept to a minimum despite being equipped with a 19" Rim and tyre. Very happy with the noise performance of the stock Dunlop tyres. Cabin space is good and the rear row can comfortably sit 3 full size adults. Although the car is not equipped with rear air-con vent, the front center air-con vents are located higher than usual which helps to channel cool air towards the rear row easily. Car comes with full-size moonroof and passengers are delighted with the views during morning, evening and night drives.

Fuel Consumption:
The fuel consumption is ok. When travelling along expressway, the fuel consumption can be 15Km/L. For city driving, the fuel consumption is 8Km/L. This is acceptable considering that this is a 2.0L car. The car (unlike the 1.2T version) does not come with Eco mode which may help improve fuel consumption further. I am currently getting overall average of 11Km/L which I am pretty satisfied.

Steering:
With the 225/45/R19 wheel, the feel of the steering wheel is nicely weighted, not too light nor too heavy. When car is moving from stop or at very low speed, the steering wheel is light which assists in its maneuver (e.G. Parking). Once the car picks up speed, one will instantly feel the steering wheel gradually gaining traction and becoming nicely weighted. This provides confidence when handling the car at high speed or performing a cornering round a bend.

Boot:
I am ok with the boot size. Can easily fit in my mother-in-law's wheel chair. There are 2 slots at both sides of the boot. One can store many stuffs which otherwise will need a box to contain them. A box will also eat up boot space. Another advantage is that stuffs stored in these slots are kept from rowing/sliding around in the boot.

1. Quiet cabin

2. Quiet and powerful engine

3. Reasonable fuel consumption

4. Price of car - Good value for money

1. No additional safety features e.g. blind spot monitoring, lane departure, emergency brake assist, etc. These features are however available in the new facelift 2.0L model but the car costs around $15K more.

2. No driver memory seat programming (Good to have since car is shared between my daughter and I). This feature is however available in the new facelift 2.0L model but the car costs around $15K more.

3. Not many tyre shops carry the 225/45/R19 tyres and even if they do, they are quite costly.

4. Hump in the middle of the rear row floor. Center console box also protruding onto the rear hump creating more obstacles for rear passengers.

Han1911
17 forum posts Joined on 10-Nov-2009
Not a bad crossover  Posted on 03 Sep 2017

Owned my nissan QQ 2.0L for 1 year now. Not a bad car I must say as I was driving a Impreza RS2.0 previously. I like the upgrade of ride height. At least now you have lesser issue with people headlight shining into your rear view mirror at high beam. Steering is also way lighter than my previous. Space is great.

Space, ride height, lesser common than Honda Vezel

Moonroof is useless in Singapore. Steering wheel is thin as though it is anorexic

mostly_harmless
4 forum posts Joined on 22-Jun-2015
Comfortable SUV for those with a relaxed driving style  Posted on 18 Jul 2017

Having owned the 1.2 (now defined as premium sub-model), I thought I would give my long-term perspective of the car. The plus points which attracted me to the car: the interior and dashboard layout, which struck me as simple, no-fuss and yet with a slightly premium feel. The materials were slightly less plasticky than other comparable brands of the same price, and switchgear had a firm, just restrained feel. Seating is comfortable, and the ride (though a little firm) has a reasonable balance of poise and comfort. As the QQ is a higher car than a sedan, you can still feel more body roll as you go round corners.
The feel at the wheel is good: way better than the light Korean handling, and reassuringly solid. Fuel economy ranges from frustratingly bad (short 10 min trips, as low as 8-10 km/l) to spectacular (19 km/l, 30 mins on empty ECP); Overall averaging about 12-14 km/l with a gentle right foot. You don't buy this car if you have a heavy right foot: acceleration is mediocre, at best: stepping on the accelerator firmly gives you an unnerving pause (when little seems to happen), followed by a gentle acceleration. This is a car for a sedate driver.
On the plus side, road and wind noise is very well controlled, this is a relatively refined car.
Downsides? The boot is really a little small - fine for day to day (e.G. Shopping), but try fitting in 3 suitcases for a holiday and you realise just a couple of cm more would make all the difference. Build quality - even from 3 months, there were a couple of rattles and periodically a new rattle will appear from a distant corner. There is also the occasionally difficulty engaging the transmission from cold, which TC Motors has singularly failed to address.
In summary: quite an attractive SUV with the promise of relatively low petrol consumption (delivered only for highway driving). Passenger space is good, less so luggage space. Pleasant owners experience, marred by rattly build quality and the occasional glitch.

Slightly more premium interior, restrained handling characteristics.
Small engine generates low road tax, and sometimes saves fuel.
Comfortable cabin.

Suspect build quality.
Drinks fuel on short city trips.

•  « Back ( 1 2 3 4 ) Next »