Nissan Qashqai

Car Review - Nissan Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T (A)
09 Feb 2015  |  Nissan Reviews
The new entry-level 1.2-litre version of the Nissan Qashqai is expected to gain altitude in the Cat A COE market. We find out how it rolls.
vs
vs
Comparison Tests:
Ford Kuga vs Kia Sportage vs Nissan Qashqai
   Consumer Reviews of Nissan Qashqai

3.5/5 Reliability
4/5 Interior Design
3.5/5 Engine Performance
27 out of 33 (81.8%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.
Login to sgCarMart to submit a review Submit a review

•  « Back ( 1 2 3 ) Next »
Weezersg
Premium User Weezersg
202 forum posts Joined on 28-Jan-2005
Comfortable but sedate ride  Posted on 16 Dec 2016

Bought the QQ 1.2 in June 2015 so have driven it for 1.5 years now. The ride is comfortable as the CVT is very smooth, engine is weak at start and at low speed.
Driven many times to Msia....Highway driving is good and also on Msia winding trunk road, QQ has good grip and handling always feel stabile even at high speed.

I have not face any issues with the car so far. Compare to my previous ride Rush, QQ is more comfortable and more power and more fuel efficient. Yeah, still enjoying the ride.

Comfortable
Styling
Fuel efficient
Relatively quiet

Stop start function
Car is wide but actual interior esp back seat can feel cramp
Slow pick up

Aznmonster
16 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
Well priced and equipped crossover  Posted on 09 Dec 2016

I've owned the Qashqai 1.2 variant for 1 month and everything was great in overall. The exterior is eye catching with nice silhouettes. The interior is well designed with nice ambiance lights and leather seats. Buttons are placed where you expect them to be, you can literally drive and press things at the same time without setting your eyes off the road.

Handling is good. The car gives you road confidence in taking corners at high speed. Tyres do play a part but the experience is great in overall.

The engine is slow in picking up but once it speeds up, cruising to 100km/h is a breeze. I have not driven it to Malaysia so I am not sure about overtaking at 150km/h. It should work fine based on other feedbacks.

Fuel consumption is good. My previous Jazz 1.3 managed 14km/l in average and this gives 13km/l. For the size and engine, this is quite impressive. I am driving 70% Highway though.

Passenger seats is a bit cramp at the back if you have a back-facing baby seat. I have 2 kids, 1 on the booster and another in baby seat. My wife can seat comfortably in between with her legs stretching all the way to the front seat's arm rest :). Legroom is not generous, I would not recommend for big adults.

Insulation is not very good as I can hear noises quite clearly (e.G. You can hear someone coughing next to the car, engine pick-up roar of nearby car at red lights, etc.). Wind noise is there too. Originally fit tyres are noisy, I am waiting to change them as soon as they wear out.

- Exterior and interior design
- Surprisingly punching engine for 1.2L.
- Good fuel consumption (13km/l in average)
- Comfortable front seats

- Noisy drive (subjective though)
- Back seat legroom
- Suspension does not offset bumps very well

500KP
Premium User 500KP
34 forum posts Joined on 06-May-2016
Dollar for dollar, a very good entry level car  Posted on 06 Dec 2016

As a first time car buyer, criteria (in order of importance) that I looked for in a car include:

1) SUV
2) Good FC return
3) Stylish exterior and refined interior
4) Not too costly to maintain

In my opinion, after test driving XV, ASX and QQ, 1.2L QQ met all the criteria. It is a easy car to handle. Comfortable to sit in. Most importantly, the FC return is good. The record for my car is 20.5km/hr (cruise control on, 60% Highway). Style wise (exterior & interior), there is nothing much I can complain about. If you are considering a SUV as your entry level car, QQ is the one you should seriously consider*.

* see "What I do not like" Section for other factors that may play a part in your choice of ride.

Listed above. I was offered the choice of colour for the seating too which is a plus point. It's adequately insulated which means a quieter ride (Don't set your expectation too high if you work in construction industry though).

Other than engine performance and styling, the best thing is that there are minimal difference between QQ 1.2L and 2.0L variant. This means that not only do you pay lesser for your road tax but also enjoy similar features found in the 2.0L variant.

Vehicle may sometime take a bit more time to move off from halt position but hey, this is a 1.2L variant, so what are you expecting? Plus the fact that i'm not a racer. If you are those type that likes to drive fast, overtaking cars like no tomorrow, then clearly this is not the car that you should be looking at. If you still insist on QQ, consider the 2L variant. Give and take a bit, people.

Zoarium
Premium User Zoarium
14 forum posts Joined on 05-May-2009
Definitely a good buy  Posted on 10 Nov 2016

First time owning a suv. I have been driving for 2 months. I like the comfort and handling of the car. Equipment level definitely is at continental car level. Was contemplating between the Qashqai and Vezel but price was good, especially buying from AD compared to PI.

Vezel is too common on the road compared to the qashqai.

Comfort, equipment, Pretty good road-noise insulation. Solid feel.

None so far.

zshengcai
Premium User zshengcai
0 forum posts Joined on 24-Aug-2016
Good designed, stylist, comfortable & family car  Posted on 24 Aug 2016

I am using the car for 3 months now. Good designed, stylist, comfortable & family car. The auto-starter is not helping much.

Interior & external designs

FC is not as stated in spec
AC oftenly jumped to fresh air-intake, service center notified
The auto-starter is useless, it won't help much.

chuacheekeong
0 forum posts Joined on 17-Jul-2016
Spacious and nice design albeit about as common as vezel  Posted on 29 Jul 2016

Despite 1.2 turbo, the car feels sufficiently powered, although starting off seemed slow. I found the steering wheel lightest among the 4 cars I had tested this week and i felt it was too light. Actual fuel consumption is around 15 according to the sales, isn't it too low for a 1.2l?

Although advertised that the seat is special, i couldn't really feel it and is skeptical as the seat is locally fitted.

Qashqai comes with 6airbags but don't recall the sales or catalogue mention it archiving EuroNCAP rating.

Features are pretty standard like those found in most modern cars, auto wiper, lights, cruise control, GPS, Bluetooth to mobile.

Don't think the headlight has dynamic bending following the way the car is turning or bigger side mirrors to ease checking of blindspots.

Offers 2yrs free servicing if loan 50k with in house financing.

A lot of features but nothing stands out.

Too common.
Turbo not as powerful Ford focus.
Steering wheel to o light.

therock
2667 forum posts Joined on 27-Apr-2016
Great handling and interior materials, pity about the local 1.2T engine..  Posted on 25 Jul 2016
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

Been using a 1.6l tdi qashqai ..
What a wonderful ride!
The high torque makes the response solid and overtaking is easy.
FC is good.
The QQ is a well equipped car and pretty well built.
The main issue is the interior space isn't that big, even though the external dimensions are quite large. Boot space is also not impressive. I can lie a trolley bag lengthwise in my civic but I can't here.
There's a distinctive diesel clatter too and road noise is obviously not like a Lexus.
If they brought this engine over it will be highly successful. The 1.2 petrol turbo is no match for this.
But what impressed me most was the ride on the highway which feels like a larger more solid car and the torque. There are also nice little features which are usually only found on a conti car.

After getting more familiar with this turbo diesel, I took it on some nice windy A roads and even a few B roads.
Being quite a bit higher than a sedan, you can't throw it into the corners like a sedan but it's quite good at holding its line and the lane sensing tech is rather useful.
The suspension is on the firm side, aiding road holding, but you do feel more of the road coming through. My wife didn't really feel it and said it was quite comfortable.
Road noise is good although you know it's no Lexus.
A car of this size begs for the kind of torque that the TDI has. A firm press of the pedal brings positive results and overtaking is a calm affair with no fuss.
The CVT transmission isn't that bad but when you start off its a little sluggish to react.
Visibility is not bad but the rear view is more limited than a sedan. The high sitting does really give a nice commanding view.
All in all a nice ride.

However in our local context the engine choice deters me from getting this.

Interior, soft touch materials and build.

Cramped and the local offering of a 1.2T

Clanceroy
Premium User Clanceroy
0 forum posts Joined on 03-Feb-2012
Nice and smooth engine  Posted on 12 May 2016

Have bought this car in Jan 2016. Few months of driving and so far quite satisfied with its performance. In the beginning stage after owning this car, I was terrified by some of the reviews here, but so far none of the issue mentioned has happened. I agree that the acceleration from 0km is not fast enough but just remember you are driving a 1.2L car. As a small car I think the performance is already very satisfactory. Once it starts to accelerate, the engine goes very smoothly, and without the feeling of overloading the engine even when you speed. I deactivated the start/stop function whenever I start driving because I think it is not so good for the engine to frequently stop and start.

The consumption is okay. Must say is better than my Rush. Of course is partly due to the small engine capacity.

The exterior is very nice, the interior looks classy too. But one thing is the space, not so spacious because of the box in between the seats. But for a small family like mine, it is a nice and good car so far..

Exterior look
Interior Classy look
Spacious boot

Not spacious enough

Jaisvar
0 forum posts Joined on 03-May-2015
One of the best vaule for money in its class  Posted on 25 Apr 2016

Driven the 2.0 version for the past 2 months and really impressed in totality. The exterior portrays a bold and sharp look while the interior is filled with a host of good features. Very practical ride for the city. I have not been able to appreciate the fuel economy so far. Ranges between 9 to 15 km/l.
Overall a reliable and comfortable SUV from Nissan.

Good looking exterior
Practical interior with decent quality material and easy access to controls
Good boot Space
Good acceleration
Cracking view from the drivers seat

Lack of rear air con vents

lewis_liew
0 forum posts Joined on 22-Apr-2016
Review of Nissan Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T  Posted on 22 Apr 2016

2nd day of driving Qashqai. I will continue to explore and experience on it. So far, satisfied with its performance and handling, compared to my previous Latio. The torque is doing good, especially (car idle/ stopped) and start rolling at traffic light.

- External and Interior design, much better than my previous Latio. :)
- Engine performance is compatible with 1.6 cc car performance.
- Good FC, between 15-20km/h, urban to express way driving.

In progress of exploring. NA for now.

LPPL
493 forum posts Joined on 14-Jan-2012
Not worth buying  Posted on 09 Apr 2016
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

Many people have probably bought this car due to the exterior appeal and reasonable interior comfort but I would warn potential buyers to be careful before parting your money on the 1.2 litre Qashqai....

Having tested the car, I didn't find the prolonged acceleration beyond the first 3 seconds impressive and it starts to get sluggish. This explains why the 0-100kmh takes slightly under 13 seconds. With a turbocharger the car is already performing pathetically, I can't imagine how the car would do without a turbocharger. One must also consider the drawback of overworking a small engine with a turbocharger (despite its lack of performance) as the pressure build up in a small engine will cause wear and tear in the engine at a faster rate. The car also weighs close to 1.3 tonne, contributing to greater engine stress.

I won't advise anyone to go for a small turbo engine if you want an engine to last without giving you problems down the road. There is always a price to pay in the end when squeezing out that extra power from a small engine, but the car manufacturer will not tell you that. For $100k+, there are better options out there, so take your time to shop.

-Exterior appearance

-Small engine capacity
- Poor acceleration with a turbocharger
-High price
-Body roll

Zamir786
Premium User Zamir786
1 forum posts Joined on 17-Mar-2016
Horrible experience with Nissan Qashqai 1.2 Digi Turbo car  Posted on 17 Mar 2016
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

HI All, I would like to share my experience with my current new car Nissan Qashqai 1.2 digi which is the biggest mistake I did to buy this car.

I bought this car Nissan Qashqai 1.2 Digi (Turbo) on June 13th 2015 and was so excited to own this car since this was UK built but turned out to be a biggest nightmare of my life after paying so much money to buy this car. Pls read my experience with this care and hopefully others will get a lesson and pls DO NOT make a mistake of buying this car ever since I saw many of the owners of this car having this issues.

I would like to highlight about my serious issues with this car encountered on 04th Dec around 19:00hrs at Tampines Mall Car Park.

As I was in between other cars while wanting to move forward in the downward slope carpark entrance, suddenly I felt my car brake was free and even though my foot was on the brake, the car was still moving almost hitting the car in front of me, avoiding a bump by millimeters. This would have caused an accident ! It was sheer luck that the brake functioned on time.

After which, I realized that there was on exclamation sign on the speedometer ( image attached). I parked my car and immediately called the sales lady, Ms Anna ( whom i bought the car from at UBI showroom), and was told to call another servicing guy. When I called the Servicing guy, he could not explain me what exactly was the cause of this brake failure and asked me to drive slowly and go to Nissan Service centre (Tan Chong Ubi centre) the next morning.

So on 5th December 2015 i sent the car to your service centre ( @ Ubi). After my car was checked thoroughly and found out that ‘Brake boost’ Was faulty and replaced it ( not sure is it new or what). A very helpful service advisor ( Mr. Immanuel) came to me and explained this and asked me to collect car in 20 mins time. Even this to me, is such a bewilderment and outrage because THIS CAR IS BARELY SIX MONTHS OLD SINCE I BOUGHT IT from NISSAN.

However upon car collection, i felt the need for them to perform the same slope drive to ensure that it will not occur again and to his exclamation also, he found that the brake did not function. The Service advisor also added that it was very dangerous to drive this car at this condition ( although it was replaced with a new brake system) and it might cause an accident.

Only out look is nice but inside engine is horrible. DO NOT BUY this car..

Nothing is good.... Nightmare for me having this car now..DO NOT buy this car

Simidriver
0 forum posts Joined on 05-Mar-2016
Disappointed  Posted on 05 Mar 2016
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

First of all apologized for my grammar here. As i am gonna write watever comes to my mind.
My car is 3 days old. SLA plate. The first disappointment was, when we opened up the bonnet, we saw the engine seem like gone thru a oil spa. Oil trace was every where. So, today i gotta sent in to Ubi service center. The guy said luckily you sent in. I don't what thats meant. Anyway, it was my fault that i didnt check the bonnet one the collection day. So here i am to warn new car owner need to open up the bonnet to check. Don't take the Japanese brand name for granted. I also wonder why there was no final check by respective party before they release the car to us.
Secondly, it happened twice that when i am in D mode and when traffic light turned green, i pressed on the accelerator the car was not moving. It delayed for 8-10seconds. I am not sure why.

Overall, it is better than my old toyota Rush, exluded the reliability of the engine ...at the moment.

The car seat plastic seems like low grade plastic material.

carfans
2 forum posts Joined on 26-Dec-2015
Not worth buying!  Posted on 26 Dec 2015
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

I would recommend Honda Vezel more than this. Vezel engine is much smoother than this. Be it whether the interior or exterior, this cannot compare to Vezel. I am a Vezel fan. Vezel is way way way way much better.

a) The exterior muscular look.
b) The picks up speed admirably from low to mid-range.
c) Sufficient 144bhp and 200Nm of torque from the 2.0-litre powerplant

a)Small rear passengers seats.
b)middle storage box too huge and obtructed the middle rear seat.
c) rear aircon very weak

Razorzone
Premium User Razorzone
28 forum posts Joined on 24-Nov-2010
A SUV worth buying :)  Posted on 11 Dec 2015

I went to TheCar@EXPO in Nov scouting for my new car. I went to Nissan first to enquire about thier promo, and the first car that caught my attention was Qashqai. But at that moment, I couldn't decide between the 1.2 or 2.0.
After going around enquiring with other brands, Nissan QQ seems to attract me more. I was asked to test drive at my convenient time before imake my decision.

So i tested the 1.2 QQ first, it started off well but the change from 1st ot 2nd gear seemed to be noisy and need to push hard when overtaking.Otherwise, the rest of the test drive was relatively smooth.

After which, i tested the 2.0 QQ, the feel was totally different. Power start off, overtaking was a breeze. The test drive was awesome. The additional feature such as electronic seat adjustment, 19" Rims and tyres (although i find them too big) attracted me. And the huge moonroof was a push factor for me to make up my imnd :))

a) The exterior muscular look.
b) The picks up speed admirably from low to mid-range.
c) Sufficient 144bhp and 200Nm of torque from the 2.0-litre powerplant

a)Small rear passengers seats.
b)middle storage box too huge and obtructed the middle rear seat.
c) rear aircon