Nissan Qashqai

Car Review - Nissan Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T (A)
09 Feb 2015  |  Nissan Reviews
The new entry-level 1.2-litre version of the Nissan Qashqai is expected to gain altitude in the Cat A COE market. We find out how it rolls.
vs

Consumer Reviews of Nissan Qashqai

4/5 Reliability
4/5 Interior Design
3.5/5 Engine Performance
39 out of 47 (83%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.
Login to sgCarMart to submit a review Submit a review

•  « Back ( 1 2 3 4 ) Next »
ZHANG-WEI
0 forum posts Joined on 29-Nov-2017
2017 NISSAN QASHQAI  Posted on 29 Nov 2017
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

Bought a Nissan Qashqai 1.2 6 months back in April'2017 and wish that I had not.
This Qashqai is not designed appropriately - Every each time when I start this Qashqai I must depress the ON/OFF Engine Button otherwise the engine just switched off when I stopped at any traffic light and it takes a few seconds to restart - silly design to save petrol but putting stress on my Battery and engine starter. Secondly, the Aircon is incredulous ! Similarly, I will have to depress the "Recycled Air vent" Every each time I start this Qashqai and the worse is that after driving for maybe half an hour it crazily switched over to "Fresh Air vent" Which allows all the fumes from outside to come into the car so, I will have to check this button every half an hour drive.
Wrote to Tan Chong Motor few times, their mechanic said that they cannot do much because this is the design of this Qashqai. The last time I wrote again to Tan Chong Motor 2 weeks ago, Tan Chong Motor did not even reply.
To all prospective Car buyers - consider carefully when buying Nissan from Tan Chong Motor. I will even consider their Car next time when I get rid of this silly Qashqai.

JohnTan_180232

desmondwyson
Premium User desmondwyson
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Oct-2017
Quiet, Reliable & Cheap SUV On The Road!  Posted on 18 Nov 2017

I am reserved when it comes to Nissan because it is not usually driven by young adults like me. But this Qashqai came in as a surprise for me! I have been on the look out for this model and this model (facelift) is definitely a good buy.

I have driven Nissan Sunny previously to curb the COE and I have to say, it is really reliable even though the fuel consumption was bad. But hey, there is little to no issue during my ownership. That is when my perspective of Nissan changed.

I have to say Qashqai is very quiet while on the road, and it is very spacious! It has really well designed headlights and V-grilles that is really makes head turn. It has pretty good fuel consumption (I hit 18.2 km/l on the highway) but short distance can be disadvantageous. Well, turn on the ECO and Start/Stop, it will do better.

- Well designed and spacious interior
- Quiet on the road
- Good fuel consumption (for long distance)
- Good value for money
- Improved stability and technology

- Bad fuel consumption (for short distance)
- Slow pick up

JttyNToberhead
0 forum posts Joined on 08-Nov-2017
Worth all the penny spent!  Posted on 08 Nov 2017

Have been driving the 2.0L for more than 3 weeks. Are really happy so far for the look and feel, the comfort, the safety features which could only be found on the more expensive SUV.

Blind spot warning
Intelligent emergency brake
All round view park assist..

Fuel consumption
No remote boot release
Could have more latest tech from the UK version

Clanceroy
Premium User Clanceroy
0 forum posts Joined on 03-Feb-2012
A comfortable and stylish vehicle  Posted on 08 Nov 2017

Have bought this 1.2 Qashqai in beginning of 2016, after that heard many people asking me why I chose this car as it comes with a mini turbo and might have problem with it. A bit worried after hearing that, but after so many months of driving, it is quite a relief that this car is really good. Fast and smooth, although is a 1.2 L car, you feel like driving a 1.6L car. You don't feel that it is light, this is especially so when you are travelling on a rainy day, the car remain stable when going through the pool of water on the road. Even my old car Rush tend to shift away by the water force, yet Qashqai remain stable.

It is very good while travelling on a highway, smooth and swift. Consumption wise, is okay.

Exterior look stylish.
Interior rear seat with hand rest like executive car.
Big screen.

Legroom of rear middle seat not so good.

Deen80
Premium User Deen80
0 forum posts Joined on 21-Dec-2014
Underpowered  Posted on 08 Nov 2017
I will not recommend this vehicle to a friend

Overtaking is a struggle. Not really excited to drice this car. Not really that stable at hugh speed

babyjyo
Premium User babyjyo
72 forum posts Joined on 10-May-2017
Great Buy for an Crossover  Posted on 01 Oct 2017

This is perhaps the crossover that is most value for money. Considering the solid build and weight of the car, the fuel consumption would be seen as decent, although not good. Indeed, there are some quirks such as below average power when compared to other crossovers in the same class, but it can be easily resolved through legal aftermarket performance upgrades. Overall, this car is great for those looking for a good balance of performance, handling, safety and comfort. To me, its a great affordable alternative compared to continental cars.

Great Price
Great Looks both exterior and interior (almost conti-like feel)
Aftermarket upgrades and parts easily available
Made in UK

QQ2017
Premium User QQ2017
344 forum posts Joined on 22-Feb-2017
Nissan Qashqai 2.0L - Comfortable & Value for Money SUV  Posted on 24 Sep 2017

I have been driving the Nissan Qashqai 2.0L (pre-facelift model) for 6 months. Overall, a very quiet and comfortable car.

Engine:
The 2.0L engine (NA) is more than adequate to power the size of this car. One can hardly feel the drag even with 5 people in it. The engine purrs and one can hardly hear the engine sound unless one ramps it hard.

Cabin:
Cabin is very quiet where road noise is kept to a minimum despite being equipped with a 19" Rim and tyre. Very happy with the noise performance of the stock Dunlop tyres. Cabin space is good and the rear row can comfortably sit 3 full size adults. Although the car is not equipped with rear air-con vent, the front center air-con vents are located higher than usual which helps to channel cool air towards the rear row easily. Car comes with full-size moonroof and passengers are delighted with the views during morning, evening and night drives.

Fuel Consumption:
The fuel consumption is ok. When travelling along expressway, the fuel consumption can be 15Km/L. For city driving, the fuel consumption is 8Km/L. This is acceptable considering that this is a 2.0L car. The car (unlike the 1.2T version) does not come with Eco mode which may help improve fuel consumption further. I am currently getting overall average of 11Km/L which I am pretty satisfied.

Steering:
With the 225/45/R19 wheel, the feel of the steering wheel is nicely weighted, not too light nor too heavy. When car is moving from stop or at very low speed, the steering wheel is light which assists in its maneuver (e.G. Parking). Once the car picks up speed, one will instantly feel the steering wheel gradually gaining traction and becoming nicely weighted. This provides confidence when handling the car at high speed or performing a cornering round a bend.

Boot:
I am ok with the boot size. Can easily fit in my mother-in-law's wheel chair. There are 2 slots at both sides of the boot. One can store many stuffs which otherwise will need a box to contain them. A box will also eat up boot space. Another advantage is that stuffs stored in these slots are kept from rowing/sliding around in the boot.

1. Quiet cabin

2. Quiet and powerful engine

3. Reasonable fuel consumption

4. Price of car - Good value for money

1. No additional safety features e.g. blind spot monitoring, lane departure, emergency brake assist, etc. These features are however available in the new facelift 2.0L model but the car costs around $15K more.

2. No driver memory seat programming (Good to have since car is shared between my daughter and I). This feature is however available in the new facelift 2.0L model but the car costs around $15K more.

3. Not many tyre shops carry the 225/45/R19 tyres and even if they do, they are quite costly.

4. Hump in the middle of the rear row floor. Center console box also protruding onto the rear hump creating more obstacles for rear passengers.

Han1911
14 forum posts Joined on 10-Nov-2009
Not a bad crossover  Posted on 03 Sep 2017

Owned my nissan QQ 2.0L for 1 year now. Not a bad car I must say as I was driving a Impreza RS2.0 previously. I like the upgrade of ride height. At least now you have lesser issue with people headlight shining into your rear view mirror at high beam. Steering is also way lighter than my previous. Space is great.

Space, ride height, lesser common than Honda Vezel

Moonroof is useless in Singapore. Steering wheel is thin as though it is anorexic

mostly_harmless
1 forum posts Joined on 22-Jun-2015
Comfortable SUV for those with a relaxed driving style  Posted on 18 Jul 2017

Having owned the 1.2 (now defined as premium sub-model), I thought I would give my long-term perspective of the car. The plus points which attracted me to the car: the interior and dashboard layout, which struck me as simple, no-fuss and yet with a slightly premium feel. The materials were slightly less plasticky than other comparable brands of the same price, and switchgear had a firm, just restrained feel. Seating is comfortable, and the ride (though a little firm) has a reasonable balance of poise and comfort. As the QQ is a higher car than a sedan, you can still feel more body roll as you go round corners.
The feel at the wheel is good: way better than the light Korean handling, and reassuringly solid. Fuel economy ranges from frustratingly bad (short 10 min trips, as low as 8-10 km/l) to spectacular (19 km/l, 30 mins on empty ECP); Overall averaging about 12-14 km/l with a gentle right foot. You don't buy this car if you have a heavy right foot: acceleration is mediocre, at best: stepping on the accelerator firmly gives you an unnerving pause (when little seems to happen), followed by a gentle acceleration. This is a car for a sedate driver.
On the plus side, road and wind noise is very well controlled, this is a relatively refined car.
Downsides? The boot is really a little small - fine for day to day (e.G. Shopping), but try fitting in 3 suitcases for a holiday and you realise just a couple of cm more would make all the difference. Build quality - even from 3 months, there were a couple of rattles and periodically a new rattle will appear from a distant corner. There is also the occasionally difficulty engaging the transmission from cold, which TC Motors has singularly failed to address.
In summary: quite an attractive SUV with the promise of relatively low petrol consumption (delivered only for highway driving). Passenger space is good, less so luggage space. Pleasant owners experience, marred by rattly build quality and the occasional glitch.

Slightly more premium interior, restrained handling characteristics.
Small engine generates low road tax, and sometimes saves fuel.
Comfortable cabin.

Suspect build quality.
Drinks fuel on short city trips.

Morning0508
0 forum posts Joined on 06-Apr-2011
Comfortable and affordable SUV  Posted on 08 Jul 2017

Before buying Nissan Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T Premium, I test-drove Honda HRV, Honda Civic and this Qashqai. I chose Qashqai because it was an SUV (I had not owned before), low fuel consumption, great exterior and interior design, and wider interior space than an HRV.

I don't expect high engine performance on a 1.2L engine but this turbocharged engine has proven good enough for driving in town and on highways in Malaysia. The engine performs quite well except at certain low speed, such as about 30~40 km/h, picking up is weaker. Cruising at 110 km/h on highway is impressive.

- comfortable seats
- great exterior and interior design
- spacious
- not available in Malaysia (no price comparison with a Malaysian model)
- solid feel

- fuel consumption is not as the stated 17.9 km/l (but 16 km/lit on highway for this size of vehicle is considered good)

Donong777
0 forum posts Joined on 18-Sep-2012
Comfortable SUV  Posted on 07 Jun 2017

I was comparing between Qashqai, Tuscon, HRV and Kadjar, fell in love with Qashqai immediately after my test drive. The ride is smooth, quiet and comfortable. Unless the other SUVs, it is not bumpy and rough. The handling is good too.

Boot Space
Quiet and smooth

Stop/Start function
No anti-glare mirror

diabloshrimpsmini
Premium User diabloshrimpsmini
23 forum posts Joined on 01-May-2017
My Premium 2.0  Posted on 07 May 2017

A very comfort and easy car to drive with, its sound insulation was very good and you hardly can hear the noise while cruising on expressways. Excellent interior with quality feel. Not having the most powerful engine of its class but definitely sufficient for our city driving and occasional trips to the north.

Comfortable and ease of handling.
Good sound insulation.
Good cargo space.

CVT.
Does not have 360 degree camera.
Less safety driving assistance features.

Wlchew
0 forum posts Joined on 18-Nov-2008
Decent and meet my expectation  Posted on 15 Mar 2017

I have been following with most review,here.

after a lapse of 6mths with several test drive together friends snd wife.
I have inked my deal last month and collected my vehicle on early match.

Overall , I feel it is far superior than my old 8yrs old sylphy.
This is definitely not for those who want to head-start at traffic light.
beyond that I find it worth every dollar from the comfort of driver seat till easy to navigate most function on steering wheel.

I like it for the right sized, a little bit of luxury..At an.Affordable price.

comfortable seat
great console
decent power (from a sylphy upgrader perspective)

the 'noisy' turbo noise
no spare tyres (feel like driving without insurance covered)

Weezersg
Premium User Weezersg
203 forum posts Joined on 28-Jan-2005
Comfortable but sedate ride  Posted on 16 Dec 2016

Bought the QQ 1.2 in June 2015 so have driven it for 1.5 years now. The ride is comfortable as the CVT is very smooth, engine is weak at start and at low speed.
Driven many times to Msia....Highway driving is good and also on Msia winding trunk road, QQ has good grip and handling always feel stabile even at high speed.

I have not face any issues with the car so far. Compare to my previous ride Rush, QQ is more comfortable and more power and more fuel efficient. Yeah, still enjoying the ride.

Comfortable
Styling
Fuel efficient
Relatively quiet

Stop start function
Car is wide but actual interior esp back seat can feel cramp
Slow pick up