Toyota updates its popular minivans

The Toyota twins

Honda SUV model leads parallel import sales

Should you buy a tuned used car in Singapore?

Consumer Reviews of Toyota Vellfire

2.5/5

DdCarReviewerSG
0 forum posts Joined on 13-Sep-2018
Stylish and Luxury JAP 7 Seater  Posted on 13 Sep 2018

Went to Borneo Last weekend with my group of friends to test drive this Monster. We are all car enthusiasts and we all previously owned the 2008 registered Audi S5. Now that our cars are expiring, we would like to experience the Luxury and Premium MPVs available.This car towers at 1895mm. This car is indeed one of the tallest MPVs around here. This probably means that this car may not even be able to fit into the older HDB Car Parks. This is a really big issue because I go to my Grandma's Old HDB flat really often and would definitely need parking. With this car, I probably would need to walk a little further than usual. After the test drive, some of us booked this unit while the others booked the Kia Stinger, Mazda 6 and Mazda CX9 with one or two returning to Premium Motors to purchase the new Audi SQ5. I was one of them who went back to continental quality for several reasons.

This car comes with the Electric Tailgate which is really good because I am someone who loves technology in a car. With this tailgate, I do not need to use too much energy to pull the tailgate down. Anyone with good logical thinking would be able to deduce how heavy the tailgate is. Really cannot imagine closing the tailgate without the electric taigate.
This car comes with the LED Daytime running lights which makes the car look more elegant and striking especially during the day. Probably Standard in all Luxury or Premium Model cars Today.
This car comes with automated seats on the first and second row. I can easily Incline or Decline my seat to my own comfort.
Reading lamps are also provided which is good especially because my Parents as well as children love reading especially in the car. The light is bright enough to make it conducive for reading.
Long Wheel Base is another feature that I like. As compared to the Nissan Elgrand, Honda Odyssey or even the Mazda CX9, this cars wheelbase is the longest. This allows for the passengers in the third row to be seated comfortably with ample legroom even for a person of 1.80 m. This is what many MPVs today struggle with.
This car has the Panoramic Sunroof. This allows for the possibilty of us to open up the sunroof and admire the Beautiful Sky above.
This car has unrivalled safety with 7 airbags. What more can you expect? We can drive at ease nowing the safety backup system.
Rear Air-con also makes the ride more comfortable for the passengers.
Height of car gives driver a birds eye view of the road.

Pickup of the car. The pickup of the car is pretty slow and makes a racket getting up to highway speed. Probably because of the weight of the car and the relatively small 2.5 engine. I did not choose the Vellfire as the replacement to my Audi S5 as you can see here, the S5 is made for performance. After so many years of speed and adrenaline, i would definitely not love a slow drive. I love speed a lot. If you would like speed or more power, go for the parallel imported 3.5l ZA G-EDITION 7-SEATER model.
The F/C of this car is really just bad. At 11.6km/l, we cant really go far. We would only be making frequent visits to the petrol kiosk. Even my S5 was not that bad. my S5 could still do about 12.5-13.5 km/l
Price of the car is OMG!! The price of the car is too pricey for a jap quality top range MPV. Would be more worth it to invest in a continental car. Also for this price, you do not really get much power. Feel that if you really die hard fan of the New Toyota Vellfire, please go for the 3.5 l PI Model. Top up a bit more and you get more horsepower to play with.
Of course, while driving so many passengers, it is definitely not ideal to be racing around. But the speed of this car really is frustrating.

Other than these reasons why I do not really like or probably did not choose to book this unit in the end, However, this car is still luxury and premium. Probably the best in its class.

Toyota Vellfire