Related Articles

Kia Motors releases all new Forte renderings

Kia Stinger challenges Rafael Nadal off-court

The Kia Stinger is a stunning achievement

Five reasons the MINI One is our favourite hatch

Car Review - Kia Stinger 2.0 GT-Line (A)
16 Apr 2018  |  Kia Reviews
Powerful, practical and accomplished as it may be, the Kia Stinger 2.0 falls short of delivering the full blown Stinger experience.
   Consumer Reviews of Kia Stinger

3.5/5 Reliability
4.5/5 Features
4.5/5 Interior Design
3.5/5 Engine Performance
4 out of 4 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

Badieboy
Premium User Badieboy
48 forum posts Joined on 15-Mar-2009
With looks to kill  Posted on 22 May 2018

Heard that this Kia has striking looks and is developed on the Nurburgring, hence went to have a look for myself.

-sun roof
-Kia turned on the air con in the car in the showroom, wow
-sexy exterior
-Brembo brakes
-free shirt after test drive
-big boot

-soft leather may not be as lasting as harder leather from German counterparts
-sloping roofline eats into headroom
-seat belt is fully exposed - looks cheapo
-acceleration does not feel blistering fast as shown in the specs, maybe because we had 4 people in the car during test drive
-engine is relatively quiet, probably because of the turbo, meaning it is quite quiet in the car, can be a plus point
-$210k for a Kia
-will not be able to fir 3 comfortably at the back

AlainDupuis
15 forum posts Joined on 12-May-2017
Cruise missile  Posted on 15 Apr 2018

The test drive started as passenger with a Kia "Pilot" At the wheel scaring me silly drifting through traffic on Alexendra road. What the... Kia is making rockets and their staff are rocketers!

After the spirited drive cooled down a bit, as a passenger, the first thing to note is how comfortable this car is. The interrior is a bit too black and lack fancy but everything feels of very high quality.

Taking over the wheel the car does feel heavy but in a good way. The steering is pretty light and she behaves quietly if the right pedal is used gently. The sport mode is probably what I would use most of the time because the level of comfort is very high and the car is extremly responsive. I did not try the sport+ mode though. With the wet road, the car was already skiding when pushing the pedal to the metal so I did not dare removing the stability control. It is a car that demands respect. May be a change to better tyres would make a lot of difference here.

The car is also very quiet. So much so that they have implemended a compulsory engine soundtrack through the car audio in sport mode. With a car that quiet I was expecting some great sound system. Unfortunatly the Harman Kardon is not up to the task with a very muddy bass tunning that ruins any sound track I tried. The one thing I would do if I get this car is to send it for a real high end audio upgrade that will also get rid of the engine noise sound track.

Overall, this car is the perfect choice for someone driving often to Malaysia and beyond. It is comfortable, quiet, bloody fast and the badge will not attract too much attention from the wrong people. It is kind of an AMG in disguise.

I would not even consider the 2l version. The price difference does not justify it. The specs on the V6 are much better and fully justify the extra cost. If you want to save money you should consider a Cerato in the first place or spend S$160k on an entry level Mercedes for those seeking badge status.

I am really impressed Kia is offering this car. I am very tempted to buy one but seldom drive north for my job.

Raw power that is a bit scarry but kept under control by the electronics
Silence
7 year 150k kms warranty

Interior design could have a little more colour and fun in the presentation. At least it is well put together with quality materials.
Very disapointing "premium" sound system with boomy unrefined sound
Fake engine noise through the speaker that cannot be switched off.

wheelogist
-1 points
43 forum posts Joined on 18-May-2016
Best value for money performance car  Posted on 04 Jun 2018

Test drove the 2.0 version on a wet sunday afternoon. Despite the wet condition,
it is very stable and a delight to drive. Power is more than sufficient for our roads.
Steering is very sharp and accurate. Suspension is a little hard IMHO, thus the comfort level could be better. Very quiet cabin, which I like and the transmission is very smooth. Overall it's a very nice to drive car and I really enjoyed the ride.
Built quality is as good as a continental make, although the interior is still not on par with the BMW or Merz yet, but is much better than most Japs.
At almost 170K, it's a little high unfortunately. I think it would have attracted a lot more buyers if the price is around 150K

Exterior styling,build and ride quality.

Suspension a little too hard
Price not attractive enough to win over more mid size car buyers

Edmundgan
56 forum posts Joined on 25-Sep-2006
Performance car in my opinion.. but pricing needs to be better  Posted on 21 May 2018

Test drive the 2.0T GT stinger recently without appointment.

Exterior:
Sexy look with the curves and the yellow color makes it extremely appealing to me. Great looking car...

Interior:
A low car for me but the driver seat, telescopic steering wheel, gear knob is shiok

The interior appeals a lot to me.

But the vibration and the engine noise is not appealing to me.

“Driveability”:
Very nimble, very sharp steering, tested on small roads

2.0T is so ready to accelerate( pounce on a prey).

Heads up display is nicr.. Speedo is nice and vibrant.

Pricing:
Its too high. 2.0T is $170k plus.

$130k to $140k is more appealing to me.

The engine
The drive
The shiokness when it accelerate , it just GO and GO!!!

The engine noise at idling
The “shaking” of the car at idle.

Kia Stinger