Constant improvement in the Mazda6

Mazda to Unveil Updated Mazda6 Wagon in Geneva

Accord, Camry and Mazda6 battle for supremacy

Here's why hybrid cars are what you want next

Facelift - Mazda6 2.5 Luxury (A)
29 Aug 2018  |  Mazda Reviews
A new and rather comprehensive set of improvements has made the Mazda6 a much more premium and refined package than ever before.
vs

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »
Oppositelock
99 forum posts Joined on 20-Oct-2014
Most value for money car I ever owned.  Posted on 26 Oct 2020

Owned the 2.0 Executive Mode for 2 months. Car is really well spec and most importantly it's cheap.

Great fuel economy ranging from 10.5km/L (City) to 14km/L (HW).

Coming from a German brand, this car really surprises me. I will definitely buy it again.

At this price point there is no complain, everything is amazing. The ride is extremely comfortable and quiet compared to AMG suspension in my previous ride.

I would say the value in Mazda 6 is unbeatable.

Cheap to run.

Engine is underpowered. But nothing to complain, this car is just great value for money.

Lane departure warning system - It's annoying and useless in SG. They should remove this to bring down the purchase price.

Aircon is underpowered compared to my Merc. I suspect it's due to the aircon vent design where it's too narrow (restricting airflow).

Enzomatrix
2659 forum posts Joined on 22-May-2007
Excellent car. The best in its segment  Posted on 18 Oct 2020

Beauriful to look at, especially in red and the best among its segment.
Goid equipments and price. Good handling for its size that beats 3er and civic. Get it to live it.

Everything

Nothing

kwng25
0 forum posts Joined on 21-Jan-2021
Most value for money car I've owned!  Posted on 21 Jan 2021

Nice and comfortable interior and excellent driving experience. Value for money as an executive car. Will recommend to others.

Appearance and comfort.

Fuel consumption a bit high.

Kinco135
73 forum posts Joined on 30-Jun-2007
Stylish D segment car  Posted on 30 Dec 2020

Been driving my new Mazda 6 2.0 for a month. It's a standard edition. Massive upgrade for the latest IPM4 Mazda 6 STD. Though it's the same 2018 facelift, it had added lots of new features in the standard model such as, Keyless entry, walk away lock, head up display and same odometer as the executive model.

Fuel consumption and handling of the car is great. Engine performance can be better if has more torque for 2.0 model. Space wise as compared to other D segment cars, it is not as spacious with low headroom and smaller legroom.

-Newly added features such as keyless entry, Head Up display.
-Stylish exterior of the car
-Plush interior as compare to other brands. Less plastic being used.
-Fuel consumption of 8.5litre / 100 km for 60% highway and 40% urban driving
-Good handling due to the G-Vector+ system

-no boot release from cabin
-low headroom and legroom space
-Sound system is not great for standard edition and will require aftermarket upgrade if you like loud and clear music.
-lower compression ratio for 2018 model and above. currently is 13:1

Des72
59 forum posts Joined on 27-Mar-2008
Excellent Car  Posted on 09 Dec 2020

Owning the Mazda 6 Exec for a week now. It is an improve ride feel compare to my previous car in term of handling, comfort and features. Love the design of this car inside out, it is just so good to look at from every angles. It is definitely a value for money car. The features and luxury feel of this car is just awesome. The handling is great, very stable and feel like driving a conti car rather than a Jap made car. Aircon is a bit weak compare to my previous ride but it is acceptable for me. Engine performance is good (although many may feel under power) too. Love the comfort and quiet cabin, can hardly hear road noise when driving. All the safety features are great to have and the Bose sound system is the icing on the cake for me. The FC for this car I think is similar or slightly better than my previous EC which is 1.5L turbo engine. However, need to monitor further as the car is still quite new.

The only downsides for me maybe is, difficulty getting into the car at times and cleaning the car need to be very gentle on the piano black surfaces as they get scratch very easily. Other than that, just love this car and hopefully enjoy driving it for years to come.

Safety features
Bose sound system
Handling and ride feel like conti
Comfort and quiet cabin
Handsome design inside out
Good value for money car
Auto adaptive headlight and high beam
Active display projected onto windscreen with various driving info like road speed limit, speed, navi info etc
Stable ride

Getting into the car a bit tough at times for a big guy
Piano black surfaces easily get scratch

Foomeng3
5 forum posts Joined on 10-Jan-2008
Value for money executive sedan  Posted on 24 Nov 2020

The most value for money executive sedan in my opinion.

Be it in terms of exterior looks, interior cabin and features.
For this price point , with the features you are given in the executive variants I think there is nothing much bad things you can pick on it.

However definitely not a car u can drive fast due to NA engine.
Nonetheless you do truly enjoy driving it when in a slow and steady pace.

-Value for money
-Handsome styling Exterior looks and luxurious interior cabin
-Iactive sense Features
-Quiet and comfortable ride

-Sluggish pick up due to heavy body
-Old MCD connect system
-The famous front right sus 'kok kok' sound every morning that most owners encounter
-The famous side mirror malfunction that most owner been talking about. Touch wood Hopefully I won't get it

CLLU
0 forum posts Joined on 17-Sep-2020
Aggressive features, humbly priced.  Posted on 17 Sep 2020

I have been driving my new Mazda 6 for 1month, after putting up with MPVs' sluggjshness for the past decade.

The drive feel is excellent for this price ranged car. The features thrown in for this Executive variant are attractively priced too.

I had been reading a lot to compare various car models, but nothing beats going down in person to test drive. It added a lot of points after i tested drive mazda 6.

GVC+: I have been driving MPV for past 12yrs, hence can really feel and appreciate this feature.
Responsive transmission (happily bid my old Wish's CVT goodbye)
Fantastic exterior, paint (red), luxurous interior
HUD with nav/ LDWS/ BSM/ speed limit info
Quiet & spacious cabin
Nothing else to upgrade coz all that I needed is already in
Fun to drive: Sports mode is persistent and eager to do more for driver, low CG chassis
Memory motorised seats
Bose audio system, Andriod Auto & Apple Carplay
Adaptive headlights, auto highbeam (impressive)
Safety features: BSM, LDWS, SCBS, RCTA (essentials)
Fuel economy: 11.5 (mix) - 15 (highway) km/L
Affordable: Same price tag as my old Wish, which has none of the above.

Slow responding centre display, with touchscreen disabled during drive. (Old technology)

Android Auto has no touchscreen (even when stationary), have to rely on centre console command knob to navigate around. While Apple carplay is ok when stationary.

Low headroom: Entry and exit is a feat to big guys like me

Aircon cooling is too humble for Singapore weather

Centre bottle rack is obstructive to left arm movement

I-stop on hot weather last for 10seconds due to heavy Aircon load. Need i-eloop to really enjoy this i-stop feature.

Chassis would be more fun with 2.5L engine.
I miss the 360° camera, traffic sign recognition, mrcc of the luxury variant.

Tmcderricktan
12 forum posts Joined on 07-Feb-2010
Most worth the money, overall good and reliable family sedan  Posted on 20 Jul 2020

Owned the car for almost 3 years now, so far never spend single cent for any repair, except a hiccup on the auto side mirror not folding properly and its cover under agent warranty and fix it once and never come back again.

overall a good car fun to drive, especially good on highway when you hit above 60 kph. You will enjoy the cruising and power toward high speed

worth the money
handsome look, wont be outdated so fast
spaces is ok compare to other d-segment car, reasonable
fun to drive, especially at higher speed range.
reliability, first time owned Mazda and found its a reliable car
vroom vroom engine noise, which is not too loud and nice engine sound
Bose speaker is nice to have

slightly noisy undercarriage
somewhat floating when at high speed, need to invest some stability bar, strut bar and better tyre. but if you are gentle driver its a comfort car to drive.
pickup can be better
fuel consumption can be better, getting a real life 11-12km/little on 70% city 30% highway.

Jefflimpc
6 forum posts Joined on 26-Sep-2005
Mixed thoughts...  Posted on 18 Jul 2020

Have owned the M6 Executive for almost a year now. Didn't really have much time to shop around before i had to replace previous car. I would consider it an average car.

Handsome car, inside and outside
Quiet ride. Can hear engine noise, other than that, other noises are kept out
Bose speakers

Average FC
Average rear legroom, despite the sedan being longer than the wagon...
No wireless charging
Weak aircon. The aircon is already weak on normal usage. When at stop, it goes even weaker, i guess to save fuel.
Reliability issue:
- The famous side mirror failing to work issue. Can sense mine gonna fail soon. Not expecting this from a brand new car barely a year old.
- Occasionally the the display unit don't startup. Again, not expecting this from a brand new car barely a year old.
- Blindspot detection occasionally don't work...maybe cos of the side mirror failing

Fishy
995 forum posts Joined on 04-Mar-2007
Value for money  Posted on 14 Jul 2020

Bought this car last year and I have been driving it happily without issues. Its comfortable and considering the price I paid for it, I am very happy with this car. I havent had a more reliable car especially my last car was a XX brand from Germany.

comfortable and good control
BSM monitoring
HUD
GPS is shown on HUD
Apple play (but i paid for it separately)
quite fuel efficient

engine is weak for 2.0
side mirror gets misty and fogs out easily
360 view is not available on 2.0 executive version
GPS maps cannot be updated easily

bryann
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Nov-2016
Great bang for the buck  Posted on 11 Jul 2020

Test drove the Mazda 6 and i was sold. Looks great and comes loaded with safety features. For a premium sedan that costs less than 100k, the Mazda 6 performs really well and quite honestly it offers the best pricing amongst its competitors. Mazda has nailed the brakes on the 6 as with most of its cars and handling is great. The kodo design language is impressive as well and i hope to see more cars like this as Mazda prepares to launch the next generation Mazda 6.

- Great looks
- Good power
- Attractive Pricing

- 3 years warranty (Requires top up for 5 years)
- Trailing behind competitors in rear legroom space (given the size of the car)
- Weak aircon

Irenelumsh
0 forum posts Joined on 21-May-2013
The drive is effortless and smooth  Posted on 09 Dec 2019

Car is beautiful inside out. Has most of the specs which an above average car would have. Heads up display, lane departure warning, smart city braking feature. Fuel consumption is reasonable. Ride is compliant and smooth at most times. Chassis is pretty firm and car is reasonably stable at high speed. Overtaking is reasonably easy too. Value for money model.

petrolpump
0 forum posts Joined on 20-Apr-2018
Better than Uncle Camry  Posted on 06 Aug 2019

I tried the Executive variant of M6. If you are considering style between the M6 and Uncle Camry, then of course M6 will win. But if comfort and more rear leg room for your passengers is what you need, than Camry should be your choice. Of course, price diff is quite a bit almost 33k then might as well consider the Accord. For M6 I did not find sound-insulation to be all that great, don't know why the hoohaa is all about. Engine seemed sluggish for a 2 liter power-plant. They should have just turbocharged a 1.5L save road tax in almost $600 annually. Camry had choice of 2 interior colours M6 used to have 2 as well but they standardize all models to ugly dingy black. Aircon was weak. My old altis could leave you in frostbite at 22deg fan speed 1... The M6 cabin became bearable at 18 deg with fan speed 2. In fact, go try the Mitsubishi Outlander and feel the difference in aircon... Day and night like my old altis. In our climate weak aircon means angry drivers. Seats were not all that comfy. I'm 1.8m tall and without thigh support long journeys can be tiring. Qutlander had better seat support, I would say but one is a sedan and the other SUV... Opel Insignia has better seats if you wish to compare sedan and uncle camry. Mazda should lower their price if it really wishes to dilute our roads with Mazdas.

Body styling
FULL LED front and rear lights including signal and reverse.
Auto Lock (just off engine/close door and walk away from car - it will lock on its own)
Price (okay okay, can be lower)

Rear leg room
No electric boot release
No remote boot release
No button inside car to release boot either
17" rims (should be at least 18s)
No wireless charging
Rear USB slots in arm rest (if carry 3 rear passenger then how to use USB?)
Lack of interior colours (no white or brown only black)
Insulation
Engine performance
Weak aircon (should learn from Toyota and Mitsubishi)

josephywj
37 forum posts Joined on 02-Feb-2017
The complete package!  Posted on 20 Jul 2019

Got my car 2 weeks ago. M6 executive. As an ex volvo xc60 owner, i have to say the M6 is looks good and feels damn good. Perhaps for me the pick up is lacking, maybe because I'm used to a car with a turbocharger. But the torque makes up for it nicely.

- super quiet car
- comfortable electronic memory seats
- packed with safety features (e.g. blind spot and lane departure warnings)
- super stylish led headlamps.
- soul red paintwork
- price I paid was 7k more than a brand new altis. And 9k more than a new civic 1.6 with 2 airbags. It was an easy choice.
- bose sound system
- excellent 8 inch touch screen with android auto and apple carplay

- air con is on the weak side, in terms of the air output. Temp is perfectly fine
- should have 18 inch rims instead of 17!

Irenelumsh
0 forum posts Joined on 21-May-2013
Value for money  Posted on 20 Jun 2019

Last driven an almost ten yr old Skoda. Looking for a replacement which matches the same drive and make quality and also does not consume too much fuel. Had never owned a Mazda in my life, but was pretty impressed with this model after a test drive. Ever since I owned it, this car is very conposed at all times and petrol consumption is at 18km per litre on highways which clocked over 30km.

Very stable ride and high specs. Pretty quiet engine with minimum road noise. Reasonable fuel consumption. Android auto makes life convenient, now that I had no need to mount handphone on dashboard.Keyless and auto lock function is good as I no longer even need to lock the doors after getting down. Heads up display is helpful for drivers to gauge speed limit of road and gives warning on any motorists ard us before we switch lanes. Like the exterior styling of car esp the stylish grills and the plush interior that is also functional and pleasant looking.

Screen black out in s few occasions. Interior cabin space could haave been bigger

•  « Back ( 1 2 ) Next »