Top 20 cars you can buy with the lowest mark-up

New Kia Cerato takes on Seat's Toledo

10 cheapest brand-new cars you can buy 2021

Five exercises to make you a better driver

This is an old car model that is no longer for sale by the local distributor since Mar 2021.
Car Review - Seat Toledo 1.4 TSI DSG Style (A)
05 Apr 2019  |  SEAT Reviews
The Seat Toledo is the Spanish carmaker's bread-and-butter offering, but can it stand up against its more established Asian rivals?
What We Dislike
Noise from the factory fitted tyres can get a little bit intrusive
vs

Comfort 3.0 Reliability 4.0
Handling 5.0 Features 4.0
Exterior Styling 3.0 Interior Design 5.0
Value for money 5.0 Engine Performance 5.0

My plan was to get an SUV and was eyeing the SEAT Arona when we saw this car tucked in the corner of the showroom. Not as good looking like the Arona or Ateca but inside was actually spacious and pretty. One test drive later and it convinced us. And the price - cheaper than a comparable Korean and those are not coming with an TSI engine.
A year later still happy with this choice. Except for one incident that the battery died (less than 6 months), the rest is so far so good.
The drive is very sporty, superb handling, acceleration is very quick for this type of car, even more if it is on 'S'. No such thing like wheel spin - note that I upgraded to 16" As that is the default spec when sold in Europe. Instead what happen if floored is that all other cars are suddenly behind me.
The suspension is quite hard though, so need to go slow on speed bumps.
Super practical car with large boot and lot of small but useful details not expected (like the stowing net in the trunk).
Recommendation: go for 16" And upgrade to Full-link to support Android-Auto or Apple Car.

- Superb and sharp handling.
- Superb acceleration with great DSG shifts.
- Super practical and spacious car
- It doesn't like to be driven slow... :-)

- No LED lights.
- No auto start-stop
- Hard suspensions - not nice on uneven roads or speed bumps
- Very plain boring unassuming looks (it has an Audi flair though), but good to make those BMW drivers puzzled when you zip off at the traffic light.

Slimshady
38 forum posts Joined on 03-Oct-2009
Driving Performance Vs Features  Posted on 26 Feb 2020

Comfort 2.0 Reliability 5.0
Handling 5.0 Features 2.0
Exterior Styling 2.0 Interior Design 3.0
Value for money 4.0 Engine Performance 5.0

Was look at entry level cars at 70-80k range. Like shuttle and Cerato and avante, etc.
It's funny thou reading reviews of those cars during my quest to change car.. People who review them will almost always compare it with their "Previously owned" Conti cars like BMW and Merc.. Then say things like cannot compare to their W213.. Blah blah
Anyway.. My previous car was reaching 10 years so time to change..
Was about to settle for Cerato.. N stumbled upon the Toledo
Went to test drive the Toledo and Cerato. Both showrooms were like 300m away.

Was surprised by the driving performance of the Toledo and the boot space was very nice. First car was a humble Getz.. So not much boot space there.. 2nd car was an Impreza 2.0.. Also not much boot space..

After driving the Toledo for 5 months.. The only 2 things that I like about the car.. Performance and boot space..

Agreed with the other review.. Tends to wheel spin.. That's only when we stab the pedal like Need For Speed at the green light.. But don't deny that secretly you are smiling inside.. Like I was.. Maybe a change in tyres could solve that..

In terms of interior space.. Leg room is good.. Width is a tad bit smaller than the Impreza.. But not to the point of being squeezy..

Exterior shouts ah pek car.. Sleeper actually.. Don't know why I was still chased by a civic..

15" Rims and tires with not enough width..

Agreed that the suspension is super hard.. Gives u a bumpy ride.. N painful ears.. When ur wife nags about your driving skills

Overall.. If driving performance is your thing.. And u can overlook features and looks.. Then this is a good drive for the price..

Forgot to beg for Full link during nego at sales time.. Didn't know it was excluded.. WTH.. Asked for 600 bucks to activate it.. Might as well buy a better headset..

No solar film and in car camera.. Had to install it myself..

Drive performance

No auto mirror
No keyless entry
Lacks in many featutes
No full link
Hard suspension.. Convinced myself that hard suspension helps with handling..
Could be wider

Comfort 4.0 Reliability 4.0
Handling 5.0 Features 3.0
Exterior Styling 3.0 Interior Design 3.0
Value for money 5.0 Engine Performance 5.0

I must say it has a very big 550l trunk which is suitable for my working needs.
A decent 4 door car at a reasonable price.

Great acceleration. Smooth seamless transmission.

Halogen light.

Jiakpahliao
0 forum posts Joined on 04-Feb-2019
Practical and affordable continental car with good driving performance  Posted on 04 Feb 2019

Comfort 4.0 Reliability 3.0
Handling 4.0 Features 3.0
Exterior Styling 4.0 Interior Design 3.0
Value for money 5.0 Engine Performance 5.0

I drive the Toledo for about 5 months and this is one of the better cars that I own.

Driving performance
What I love most about this car is the driving performance. Gently step on the pedal and you can literally feel the burst of power kicking in. Good and smooth acceleration.

Handling characteristics
Steering feels a little light but is precise. The suspension is slightly on a harder side and hence ride tends to be slightly bumpy. When taking a corner at higher speed, the car feels very stable and confident with minimal body roll.

Design
Not the best in terms of look, what I like about this car is the big boot space. Interior design wise you can see many distinctive volkswagen and skoda styling. I also love the high headroom (compared to my previous Honda City) and leg space at the rear is good.

1) Price is affordable for a continental car