Related Articles

Hyundai launches 2011 version of Avante Hybrid in South Korea

The Hyundai Avante is poised and composed

Hyundai Elantra recalled for airbag issues

Expedite your move with Exped Moving Services

Facelift - Hyundai Avante 1.6 S (A)
17 Jan 2019  |  Hyundai Reviews
Reasonably furnished, well-priced and easy to live with, the facelifted Hyundai Avante S will appeal to many buyers.
   Consumer Reviews of Hyundai Avante

4.5/5 Reliability
4.5/5 Features
4.5/5 Interior Design
5/5 Engine Performance
6 out of 6 (100%) reviewers said they would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

jameswwp
Premium User jameswwp
0 forum posts Joined on 21-Jun-2015
Best budget saloon car IMHO...  Posted on 07 Mar 2019

I went saloon car hunting in Dec 2019. The usual suspects are Japanese T, H, N, and Koreans K and Hyundai. In terms of built quality, the Koreans had pickup a lot over the years. As for price wise, it is about 10 K lesser than the Japanese. Next, the reliability, we still see a lot of Hyundai on the road nowadays with COE being renewed.

In the end, it's between K and Hyundai. The drive not much difference, though K has rear drum brake. Next, look is not important to me, since I will be sitting inside.

In the end, I have chosen the Avante basic model, as it has a rear aircon and comes with 6 airbags. For me, it is a no brainer. Just collected my Intense Blue car on Tuesday. Very happy with my purchase and the SE service at Ubi is excellent.

Best money for the buck!

Rear aircon and 6 airbags

Autohead lights

Remote boot release

Android Auto, I can use WAZE and Ok Google!

Pay much lesser Road Tax, compare to my previous 2.4 Liter car.

Lack a bit of power going up slope (compared to 2.4 Liter)

LionelBoon
Premium User LionelBoon
14 forum posts Joined on 09-Jul-2016
First car! Happy owner.  Posted on 05 Mar 2019

Initially was looking at Honda Jazz 1.3, and SE quoted me 69k.

However, decided to pop by to KMC to have a look at the Accent, when the SE told me about the 8888$ discount.

Originally my budget was 70k, hence the base model of the Avante suited my needs perfectly.

Did a test drive and fell in love with the car. I typically drive my dad's car which is a Diesel MPV, so its abit difficult to get an Apple to Apple comparison.

But comparing it with the Jazz and Accent during the test drives, the Avante's insulation, road feel and handling just felt superior.

The rear seat space is also spacious and it would be perfect for me - as I'm embarking on having children soon.

All in all, looking forward to continue driving my new baby!

- Great value for money
- Rear of the car is really nice
- Leather trim for base model
- Apple play comes factory fitted

- Knob climate controls...
- The front grill is a little over the top, if i could - i would have preferred if they toned it down a little, or follow the same approach as the SPORT version in MY or USA.
- Would have liked a little more color variety to choose from as well, believe a navy blue would have been a great option.

Alslee
Premium User Alslee
46 forum posts Joined on 09-Jan-2019
Almost everything you need in a bread-and-butter car  Posted on 31 Jan 2019

The new 2019 Avante 'S' trim was a natural choice for me when i scrapped my older 2009 Avante 'S' due to the following reasons.

-Good comfort, with locally fitted leather seats.
-So far no issues with a new ride of a month, but if going according to track records, the previous Avante is able to endure most terrain and require minimal wear-and-tear replacements if proper maintenance is given. Same for the Elantra and the same could be expected of the current Avante considering is is a facelift.
-The handling of the vehicle is good considering the price tag on this car, as it is sensitive and responsive to minor adjustments of the steering wheel. The car itself is able to provide a smooth ride on regular roads, and the provided soundcladding helps to dampen quite a bit of high frequency noise.
-You will either love the exterior styling of the car or hate it. Choose one.
-The interior is mainly hard plastic, with some fabric and carbon fiber livery interspersed between different pieces within the car. Not the most luxurious, but feel free to change it with your own accessories.
-The features of the Avante include cruise control which is useful for certain situations, and contains three drive modes for different use case. Apple play is useful for iOS users, the HU fits in nicely and the sound system is rather good considering there is a tweeter upgrade. Keyless entry and start is a big plus since previous cars require keys. Another plus are the 6 airbags in this car.
-The car is definitely value for money, considering other alternative cars either have lesser features or are more pricey for the same type of similar features.
-After 1k servicing, synthetic oil does give the engine a bigger performance boost. The car's FC increased from 10-12 to around 12-14km/l on 80% highway, 20% urban.

-Amount of hard plastic in the interior.
-Lack of any sensing systems on the 'Basic' and 'S' trims, which can prevent unnecessary accidents, such as Blind spot detection (only on Elite Trim), lane keeping assistance, emergency brake system. Weirdly, Komoco does not allow you to pay for these options to be on your car, sticking to the three trims.

DWJL511
0 forum posts Joined on 22-Jan-2019
Overall Happy With this Car  Posted on 28 Jan 2019

• Exterior:
Bigger than my old Avante. Chose white as I felt car's design looks best in white, and for this new Avante, white definitely gives it a façade of grandeur. The white also gives a nice contrast with the big red lights and black bumper at the rear.

While some people hate the front design, it seems to have grown on meâ€"not disliking it as much now. The S model I got comes with the < > LED front lights, and they are always on when your car is runningâ€"a safety feature I can appreciate as it makes your car more visible to other road users.

• Interior:
As this car is sleeker than my old Avante and I'm six feet tall, it seems harder to check blind spots with the shorter, narrower side windows.

In terms of compartments space, my only complaint (while transferring all my stuff from the old car to the new car) is that the driver's left-elbow compartment no longer has two tiers of storage. I miss the useful shallow top tier.

The front center console is also a little wider compared to my old Avante. So my left knee hits it every now and then. But it's not as bad as other cars I have sat in where the knee room is really small and narrow.

Boot space is generous, no complaints.

The boot closes with minimal effort, but the side doors are heavy. They require some force to close it. Just letting them swing shut won't do.

I bought the car from KM, which gave 3M window tinting. The rear tinting is too dark. When driving at night and looking through the rearview mirror, the cars behind appear almost black and I have to track them by their headlights.

• Drive
Eco mode: Good for saving petrol and if you don't mind no-rush driving. A tad underpowered when moving uphill and you need to overtake, unless you already have sufficient momentum and speed.

Normal mode: The normal mode is just normal. Don't feel it is underpowered in any way.

Sports mode: A lot more revving in the engine but not excessive. More powerful but the car will of course consume more petrol.

I will probably use the Eco mode most of the time to save petrol. I feel it is good enough for my driving purposes. Forces me to drive slower and safer too. The signal and lights stick is now on the left and the wipers stick is now on the right. I'm still getting used to the switchover.

Overall I'm happy with this car. I would have gotten the basic model if it came with auto-folding side mirrors (tired of getting my side mirrors knocked by idiots in the parking lot) and LED front lights (in the basic model those < > are just reflective metal platesâ€"they don't light up at all, a pity).

Learning how all the electronics (Car Play, Bluetooth, etc., etc.) worked was info-overload for me when I collected the car. As I was driving a ten-year-old Avante where everything was pretty much manual, it was like jumping from Win98 to Windows 2019!

avtar
2 forum posts Joined on 14-Jan-2019
Looks good  Posted on 14 Jan 2019

Waiting my for delivery i booked the standard model on 23.12.18.
any idea how long is the waiting duration is

Spacious interior
Rear air con

interior black wish i can change to lighter beige color
15" rims /tyres wish it was 16"
no retractable side mirror & signal light indicator
color choice limited

ShenJialiangVernon
0 forum posts Joined on 12-Jan-2019
Hyundai Avante  Posted on 13 Jan 2019

Previous car - Hyundai Elantra 2014-2016 model

Received my new Avante Sports model last Wednesday. Below comment is comparing my previous Elantra with Avante.

Unsure - fuel consumption seems a little high. Just topped up the petrol today and is monitoring the rate.

Overall, a better driving experience for me and the family. Lower HP and transition when travelling upslope are the main dislikes.

Like - looks better, in car system is a big improvement with Android Auto, sound proofing is better. Although both cars uses the same suspension, somehow the new Avante can go over a hump smoother. More features such as tyre monitoring, auto boot opening., Wireless charging.

Dislike - less powerful than my previous. Just checked the specs and confirmed Avante has lower HP. Gear transmission when going up a slope is not smooth. The car will slowed down considerably before the gear is lowered

Hyundai Avante